• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Royal Version (Mega Evolution now included)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Title.png

Game Download
Pokemon Royal Version 1.4.4: Download
Alternative Link (Zip): Download
Alternative Link 2 (Mediafire): Download

Join the Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/CcvnsEB

Plot
Welcome to the Aristo Region, a quiet region in the Pokemon world. It just so happens that your father and mother are the king and queen of this region. Just as you have turned 10 years old it is time for the Royal Contest to begin. Here you will journey out with your brother, Victor, and Sister, Alice, across the region to complete the gym challenge, all to decide who will become heir to the throne.
Have you got what it takes to become the next ruler of the Aristo Region?

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
A brand new region to explore
Pokemon Reserves - Sanctuaries that breed the starter Pokemon for the various regions of the world.
Several Side Quests
A new evil team intent on overthrowing the crown
Following Pokemon
Optional gen 6 style Exp.Share
Temporal Pokemon - Pokemon from different time periods

Current Version
All 8 Gyms and Pokemon League
Post game Content
All Legendary and Mythical Pokemon to find and catch
34 Temporal Pokemon Evolution Lines to hunt down

Version 1.4 Mega Evolution OUT NOW
-Mega Evolution is finally in the game! - All Megas from the main series are available along with some brand new Temporal Megas, including a Pokemon that can't normally mega evolve! Key trainers now all also have access to Mega Evolution. *
-3 New Temporal Pokemon to go and catch
-The Battle Stadium - Sadly the Battle Factory fell on hard times so had to close down, but the Battle Stadium is here to take it's place. Trainers from across the world have come to test your skills as King/Queen in 8 challenging cups.
-A new Battle UI - Just wanted to make it look a bit cooler
-Ability Capsule - Can now change a Pokemon's ability, including it's Hidden Ability.
-Swapped Temporal Gengar's regular and shiny sprite to make it fir more with Haunter.
-Other general bug fixes

*Note if you have already progressed past the battle with Victor on Route 9 then to access Mega Evolution speak with either person above the Pokemon center in Imperial City (they will talk about Mega Evolution) then go back and see your Dad at home.

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:
Sprites mady by Larryturbo, Princess-Phoenix, Kidkatt, Zender1752, SageDeoxys.

Find us at:
larryturbo.deviantart.com
princess-phoenix.deviantart.com
kidkatt.deviantart.com
zender1752.deviantart.com
sagedeoxys.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • princess-pheonix devinatart
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks
  • Anarlaurendil (Only Melmetal)

Link to the original resource: https://www.deviantart.com/leparagon/art/Gen-8-Icon-sprites-40x30-823261656

Smogon XY Sprite Project:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...d-1st-post-release-v1-1-on-post-3240.3486712/
Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

Gen 8 Follow Sprites by SageDeoxys

Sun and Moon Sprite Pack:
  • Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

- Music used from Bensound.com

- Thundaga for the amazing tutorials to help create this

- My incredible wife Jess for testing everything, making custom sprites and most of all putting up with me.

- Most importantly Gamefreak for making one of the best game series ever, they also own all of this so.

Notes
I started this project in 2017 where all that was done was the first 4 gyms. I have finally been able to finish the game with everything I wanted for it. This game is a complete passion project for myself after playing Pokemon for years and having ideas that just kept coming.
I have future post game content ideas which will hopefully be released in the future, along with more Temporal Pokemon.
Please let me know if you played and any feedback you have.​

Last edited:

Shan

Rookie
What program do you use to play the game? I was trying to use joiplay on my android which is preferred for me but i couldn't get it to work. Will it only work on pc and if so what are you using? Thank you!

What program do you use to play the game? I was trying to use joiplay on my android which is preferred for me but i couldn't get it to work. Will it only work on pc and if so what are you using? Thank you!
This is made using RPGMaker, so you just extract the folder and run game.exe. It only works on PC as far as I know- I've heard of people trying weird workarounds to get RPGMaker games on mobile, but it's a whole process of trying to get it to handle windows, it's not designed for mobile.

Fire

Rookie
Bel gioco e tanto altro l'ho gia finito sull'altro pc, pero adesso l'ho rimetto sul nuovo pc.
Sarà l'unico gioco che non ho dovuto rifare da capo, nel senso che non mi bloccavo mai, poi adesso con il nuovo pc voglio vedere cosa fa.

niccolo@cs

Novice
Bel gioco e tanto altro l'ho gia finito sull'altro pc, pero adesso l'ho rimetto sul nuovo pc.
Sarà l'unico gioco che non ho dovuto rifare da capo, nel senso che non mi bloccavo mai, poi adesso con il nuovo pc voglio vedere cosa fa.
Si anche io ho bisogno di un Windows

Saïx

Rookie
I've been playing it on Joiplay. I have a Samsung tab a 10.1 it's a little laggy but I think it's ok.

Isolated_Inception

Rookie
Hello, I am enjoying the game so far, but was curious how trade evolutions were handled.. are they level up based? An in game item? Or is it still through actually trading?

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Hello, I am enjoying the game so far, but was curious how trade evolutions were handled.. are they level up based? An in game item? Or is it still through actually trading?
If it was normally evolving by just trading then it has been changed to evolve at a certain level. If you need to trade with an item then you just use that item like you would a evolution stone

Isolated_Inception

Rookie
Alright, thank you very much, I am going through the game with my cousin trying the game out.. I am currently in ashbridge town and this will definetely help me figure out my team more (proud charjabug and alakazam trainer).

I would also like to use this time to say I love the world this game is building, it's absolutely amazing

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Alright, thank you very much, I am going through the game with my cousin trying the game out.. I am currently in ashbridge town and this will definetely help me figure out my team more (proud charjabug and alakazam trainer).

I would also like to use this time to say I love the world this game is building, it's absolutely amazing
Thanks for the kind words, really appreciated.

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Just updated to version 1.3.1
Fixes a couple issues already found
-Victor not disappearing in Sunset City
-Temporal Bulbasaur evolving into normal Ivysaur

ShowStealer98

Rookie
Just updated to version 1.3.1
Fixes a couple issues already found
-Victor not disappearing in Sunset City
-Temporal Bulbasaur evolving into normal Ivysaur
Hey Norfolk Gaming, I just started the game yesterday and I am absolutely loving it! I've just seen that you said that there is a new updated version and I was just wondering how I'd go about updating the game to keep my save file intact?

StormFires

Rookie
Heyy! This game actually inspired me to start my own game. I don't plan to release it for now and plan to keep it for myself, but maybe one day I'll release it. I'm actually really impressed by that throne sprite. I couldn't find one anywhere. Do you mind if I borrow it? As i said I don't plan on releasing the game, but if I ever do you WILL be credited. As I can see in you credits, I assume it is your wife that made it, so I can credit her as well. I can also understand that you don't want me to use it, and that's fine! I'll respect that.

Have a nice day!

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Hey Norfolk Gaming, I just started the game yesterday and I am absolutely loving it! I've just seen that you said that there is a new updated version and I was just wondering how I'd go about updating the game to keep my save file intact?
Just download the new version, extract the folder and then run the game from the new folder. Your save should carry straight across.
Heyy! This game actually inspired me to start my own game. I don't plan to release it for now and plan to keep it for myself, but maybe one day I'll release it. I'm actually really impressed by that throne sprite. I couldn't find one anywhere. Do you mind if I borrow it? As i said I don't plan on releasing the game, but if I ever do you WILL be credited. As I can see in you credits, I assume it is your wife that made it, so I can credit her as well. I can also understand that you don't want me to use it, and that's fine! I'll respect that.

Have a nice day!
Really cool you're making your own game. Yes feel free to use the throne I don't have a problem with that at all.

scarletghost

Rookie
hello when ever i try and download the game it just ends up as a .rar file is there any way i can change that or can be given a different download link??

Back