• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Royal Version (Mega Evolution now included)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Title.png

Game Download
Pokemon Royal Version 1.4.4: Download
Alternative Link (Zip): Download
Alternative Link 2 (Mediafire): Download

Join the Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/CcvnsEB

Plot
Welcome to the Aristo Region, a quiet region in the Pokemon world. It just so happens that your father and mother are the king and queen of this region. Just as you have turned 10 years old it is time for the Royal Contest to begin. Here you will journey out with your brother, Victor, and Sister, Alice, across the region to complete the gym challenge, all to decide who will become heir to the throne.
Have you got what it takes to become the next ruler of the Aristo Region?

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
A brand new region to explore
Pokemon Reserves - Sanctuaries that breed the starter Pokemon for the various regions of the world.
Several Side Quests
A new evil team intent on overthrowing the crown
Following Pokemon
Optional gen 6 style Exp.Share
Temporal Pokemon - Pokemon from different time periods

Current Version
All 8 Gyms and Pokemon League
Post game Content
All Legendary and Mythical Pokemon to find and catch
34 Temporal Pokemon Evolution Lines to hunt down

Version 1.4 Mega Evolution OUT NOW
-Mega Evolution is finally in the game! - All Megas from the main series are available along with some brand new Temporal Megas, including a Pokemon that can't normally mega evolve! Key trainers now all also have access to Mega Evolution. *
-3 New Temporal Pokemon to go and catch
-The Battle Stadium - Sadly the Battle Factory fell on hard times so had to close down, but the Battle Stadium is here to take it's place. Trainers from across the world have come to test your skills as King/Queen in 8 challenging cups.
-A new Battle UI - Just wanted to make it look a bit cooler
-Ability Capsule - Can now change a Pokemon's ability, including it's Hidden Ability.
-Swapped Temporal Gengar's regular and shiny sprite to make it fir more with Haunter.
-Other general bug fixes

*Note if you have already progressed past the battle with Victor on Route 9 then to access Mega Evolution speak with either person above the Pokemon center in Imperial City (they will talk about Mega Evolution) then go back and see your Dad at home.

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:
Sprites mady by Larryturbo, Princess-Phoenix, Kidkatt, Zender1752, SageDeoxys.

Find us at:
larryturbo.deviantart.com
princess-phoenix.deviantart.com
kidkatt.deviantart.com
zender1752.deviantart.com
sagedeoxys.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • princess-pheonix devinatart
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks
  • Anarlaurendil (Only Melmetal)

Link to the original resource: https://www.deviantart.com/leparagon/art/Gen-8-Icon-sprites-40x30-823261656

Smogon XY Sprite Project:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...d-1st-post-release-v1-1-on-post-3240.3486712/
Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

Gen 8 Follow Sprites by SageDeoxys

Sun and Moon Sprite Pack:
  • Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

- Music used from Bensound.com

- Thundaga for the amazing tutorials to help create this

- My incredible wife Jess for testing everything, making custom sprites and most of all putting up with me.

- Most importantly Gamefreak for making one of the best game series ever, they also own all of this so.

Notes
I started this project in 2017 where all that was done was the first 4 gyms. I have finally been able to finish the game with everything I wanted for it. This game is a complete passion project for myself after playing Pokemon for years and having ideas that just kept coming.
I have future post game content ideas which will hopefully be released in the future, along with more Temporal Pokemon.
Please let me know if you played and any feedback you have.​

Last edited:

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
Just got this game yesterday and its one of if not the best fan game i have ever play, im on version 1.3 now but idk how to get access to the chronos isle post game. plz reply as soon as u cn and again thank you for making the game keep up the amazing work

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Just got this game yesterday and its one of if not the best fan game i have ever play, im on version 1.3 now but idk how to get access to the chronos isle post game. plz reply as soon as u cn and again thank you for making the game keep up the amazing work
Thanks for the kind words. To start the post game you need to speak with the king in victory park

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
Thanks for the kind words. To start the post game you need to speak with the king in victory park
Thanks for replying so quickly, i have currently finnished the post game and now completing the pokedex. but i dont know how i can get registeel and gigas beccause the patterns of buttons in the cave cant be aline to make registeel face and i tried gigas but it didnt work, is there a way for me to get the registeel or gigas there or must i found them in time drifs also cause im completing the dex, is there someway to get all the starters, the 2 other temporal in birch lab, fossils pokemon (im currently missing 2 of them the root and jaw fossil), and how does the special evolution work in this game cause there is no trade and the friendship evolution seems to be removed. I know this is much to ask but im new to the pokemon world in general so i really preciate the help

Last edited:

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Thanks for replying so quickly, i have currently finnished the post game and now completing the pokedex. but i dont know how i can get registeel and gigas beccause the patterns of buttons in the cave cant be aline to make registeel face and i tried gigas but it didnt work, is there a way for me to get the registeel or gigas there or must i found them in time drifs also cause im completing the dex, is there someway to get all the starters, the 2 other temporal in birch lab, fossils pokemon (im currently missing 2 of them the root and jaw fossil), and how does the special evolution work in this game cause there is no trade and the friendship evolution seems to be removed. I know this is much to ask but im new to the pokemon world in general so i really preciate the help
No worries, I'll try and go through everything. Registeel is in Widows Cave and you need to make this in the middle
X X
X X X
X X
Then regigiggas is on the floor above that with it's colours.
If you mean this games starters then you can get them all in the palace gardens. If you mean the normal starters then currently you can only get one of each time from when you went through the story.
You can get the other 2 temporal starters once you've found all the time rifts.
The fossils are all found in the jewel desert, either normally or from the adventure missions. Or you can also get them from mining in Pandoras mine.
All trade evolutions are now just level up, unless it was trading with am item then you just use the item like it was an evolution stone.

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
No worries, I'll try and go through everything. Registeel is in Widows Cave and you need to make this in the middle
X X
X X X
X X
Then regigiggas is on the floor above that with it's colours.
If you mean this games starters then you can get them all in the palace gardens. If you mean the normal starters then currently you can only get one of each time from when you went through the story.
You can get the other 2 temporal starters once you've found all the time rifts.
The fossils are all found in the jewel desert, either normally or from the adventure missions. Or you can also get them from mining in Pandoras mine.
All trade evolutions are now just level up, unless it was trading with am item then you just use the item like it was an evolution stone.
thank for the help, i hope that there will a update in the future so i can get all the normal starter to complete the pokedex

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
can somewone tell me where is the time rifts in the region, i only miss 3 more but i cant find where the last 3 is

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
Are they on the main Aristo region or on the Chronos Isles? And which legendaries do you already have?
They are in the main region, and i have all the gen 7, 8, 6, 3, the 4 sword of justice, lake trio, 3 legendary beast, the 3 genie

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
So I'm trying to think what you may be missing. Manaphy is on Majest Beach. I think Ho-oh is at Mt Cinder. Then there's a couple at fulwood graveyard/church. Don't know if any of those help

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
Here are the legendaries that i am still missing:
the 3 legendary birds
Lugia
Dialga
palkia
arceus
giratina
Zekrom
Reshiram
genesect
zeraora
that should be all of them i have tried to run around the region but still cant found these legendaries can someone tell me the location of them

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Here are the legendaries that i am still missing:
the 3 legendary birds
Lugia
Dialga
palkia
arceus
giratina
Zekrom
Reshiram
genesect
zeraora
that should be all of them i have tried to run around the region but still cant found these legendaries can someone tell me the location of them
So there is only the temporal versions of the legendary birds and lugia. Dialga palkia and Giratina are all found in the jewel desert team knight base. Arceus appears when you have found all the rifts. Zekrom and reshiram are both in Zen tower. I believe genesect is also in the jewel desert team knight base. And zeraora is not in the game

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
So there is only the temporal versions of the legendary birds and lugia. Dialga palkia and Giratina are all found in the jewel desert team knight base. Arceus appears when you have found all the rifts. Zekrom and reshiram are both in Zen tower. I believe genesect is also in the jewel desert team knight base. And zeraora is not in the game
Thanks alot for the help although what about silvally/type:null can i catch it or is that the last rift that i need to find because i only miss 1 more

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Bump for Version 1.3.2 patch. Just fixes the location of one of the time rifts from the expansion. The missing time rift should be in the Team Knight Base in Jewel Desert.

zodiart88

Rookie
Hi there. I downloaded this game 2 days ago and absolutely love the concept and design of the game! I just wanted to know if its possible to do trades in this game?

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Hi there. I downloaded this game 2 days ago and absolutely love the concept and design of the game! I just wanted to know if its possible to do trades in this game?
Thanks for the kind words. Sadly trades aren't possible except the odd NPC trade, but all trade evolutions have been changed so that no Pokemon evolves by trade

zodiart88

Rookie
Thanks for the kind words. Sadly trades aren't possible except the odd NPC trade, but all trade evolutions have been changed so that no Pokemon evolves by trade
I see.The reason I was asking that was because I want to start a new game and be able to trade pokes that I want to start on my new save file

Absol_Gaming_YT

Rookie
I like the game so much but if your taking suggestions I suggest work on the temporal pokemon's sprite a bit more realistic cuz aipom to its evo is a bit wierd of its boxing gloves luxray's fang looks like drawing by hand and ponyta's to rapidash wings looks like a RL pegasus wings and in the very point of its wings are cut of so I think you can do better

Absol_Gaming_YT

Rookie
If your taking suggestions heres some I love the game but I think it can do better change the aipom and ambipom temporal a bit more realistic make luxrays fangs a bit more attached and look cool cuz it looks like drawn by hand same as the pegasus wings of rapidash and ponyta looks like a RL wings and at the point top of their wings is cut of so I think you need to fix that same to munchlax cuz its color is so bland and bright it does not look cool this game overall is a nearly 10 out of 10 but it becomes 8 out of 10 cuz the temporal pokemon looks wierd

sirius8

Rookie
Visualboy Advanced is telling me that it's an unsupported file type. Is there a different emulator I should be using?

Back