• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Giratina's Legend | NEW BETA 1.0.2 AVAILABLE | GENERAL UPDATE

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
ETA Next Version
Mar 1, 2022
General Information:
Creator: Andrea
Rom base: RUBY USA
Language: ITA

Plot:
- "The ECO project is a failure", 5 years earlier than the current narrative arc -
A group of researchers is working on a revolutionary project in a laboratory.
If successful, the experiments conducted within it would allow communication between the pokémon world and the distortion world, which is guarded by Giratina.
Due to the negligence of the research group supervisor, one of the machines inside the laboratory catches fire.
The fire causes the destruction of the entire structure; in addition, one of the members of the research group lost his life.

- "Present" -
Our adventure begins; it starts from a small town, SHIMMERING TOWN, located in the center of the SHINZO region.
Present and past events, apparently distant from each other, will begin to intertwine and upset the lives of many people.

Screen:
WCFbrSh.png

Videos:
Intro:

Professor intro:

First script:

Secret Gift:

"Pokéfind" minigame:
"

Credits:
Kyledove, Magiscarf, Steven, WesleyFG, ~Chaos, CallMeGav, BlackTheKing, Emme97, Phyromatical, Hek-el-grande, Zetavares852, Alucus, Minorthreat0987, TheRedEx, Carchagui, Mr-Duke, WilsonScarloxy, PeekyChew, ThatsSoWitty

Rewards:
jK5mUQs.png

9319.png

06A0E1s.jpg

Lw6BB82.jpg

ppS3bC8.jpg

9342.png

tumblr_npqfq38PKG1tp2yqno4_400.png

tumblr_nzzjlur9oY1tp2yqno3_250.png

tumblr_o3due8S1U01tp2yqno1_400.png

70CQsyL.png

LvxK3nh.png

zqEi6CN.png

uU3s3Sm.png

4cf2007341ee076c81afef88efea9fc5.png

94ef1b416a823dc7167bdbeb6941f3ce.png

e3cf6cfd055b893543a45906dc61ab01.png

BoxArt:
giratinalegend.jpg

Download beta 1.0.0:

Important notes:
It appears that the ROM only works with specific versions of the VBA and certain settings.
  • Make sure you use version 1.7.2 of the VBA and set it as follows: "Options> Emulator> Save Type> Flash 128K".
  • If you are using Windows 10, be sure to run the emulator with the "windows 7 compatibility mode".
This way, you shouldn't have any problems with freeze or white screens!

Last edited:

Andrea

Novice
Good evening to all, it's officially available the version 0.61 of the alpha.
Below, i report the news:
- Fixed some mapping errors and allowed movements
- Fixed the problem of "flashes" during warp and fadescreen
- Added the seasonal pokémon, a particular species of pokémon that will appear in the tall grass more frequently only in a certain season
As usual, to download the new version of the rom, you must click on the banner in the main post!

Andrea

Novice
Hello everyone and welcome to the first update of the year.
The first news of today is that with the arrival of spring, hoppip and bellsprout they can be found in tall grass.
Now let's move on to the real news.

1. Bug Fix
During this period, I tried to solve some problems that were already known and that were reported to me several months ago:
- After several attempts, i can finally announce that the fadescreen are now working on the versions of the VBA higher than 1.7.2.
- Fixed issue related to drop in battle statistics:
Dql48dU.png

- Finally, an issue related to 2 VS 2 battle with the recruits has been resolved, which caused the game to freeze

2. New Menus
In parallel with the bug fix, i developed new menus:
cjujGTR.gif
EwA6sJ9.gif
Xe7nTGO.gif

- The first menu is the bag menu, whose interface, taken in part from one that create Slawter, was made entirely by Emme97
- The second menu is the pokedex menu, whose graphic style was taken from that of BW.
- The third and last menu, taken from the one developed by Againsts, is the summary screen for viewing the information of the members of your team.

3. Secret Gift
Another new feature recently introduced concerns the secret gift.
From now on, this functionality will be available in the start menu and, once unlocked, will replace the option to close the menu:
1dxpwzK.png

In addition, the animation of receiving gifts has been updated:
YlPPtv8.gif

4. Object
The latest implementation that i would like to show you, initially developed for FR/EMERALD, is the appearance of an object icon when it is obtained:
3ro2Eeo.png

Finally, i wanted to warn you that i'm continuing the development of new maps, before dedicating completely to the scripts.
That said, see you in the next update.

Andrea

Novice
aRRRRAQ.png

This is Neomoor City, the largest city in the region.
A real metropolis in continuous expansion, frenetic and lively.
The neon signs, the lights, the shops and the tall buildings give it a futuristic look.​

Obviously, this map takes inspiration from Tokyo.
In particular, this portion of the map is inspired by the kabukicho neighborhood, whose most important entry point has a large illuminated red arch.
Below, i leave the credits of tiles that i used:
Hydrargirium: base for shape buildings
Monecranestpourri: basic drawing of some signs
Magiscarf: roads and pavement
zetavares852: metro rails (not visible in this screen)

To fully appreciate this map, both day and night, i also decided to publish a short gameplay:

That said, see you in a future update!

Andrea

Novice
Good afternoon.
As i announced in the last update, some posts will be published periodically dedicated to some locations that you will explore during the adventure, unedited and not.
Today i would like to show you a small screen of the Quiet Wood, a map announced a year ago, but which has undergone several changes in this long period.
i5xNUv1.png

This place is particularly suitable for those who want to relax, as it is characterized by a profound silence.
The massive presence of volbeat and illumise causes strange light effects that illuminate the forest.​

Andrea

Novice
Hello everyone and welcome to a new update.
Today i would like to show you a couple of screens showing locations that you can visit in the next beta:

vVCAoxb.png
5Zu8Ktm.gif

In the first screen there's the mansion of Evans family, the old ruling dynasty of the Shinzo region.
Due to its abandonment, now it's a simple ancient ruin destroyed by the advancing of time.
While the interior of the mansion is unpublished, the exterior of the building has already been published several times in the past and can be seen here:
https://www.deviantart.com/ghha90/art/Temple-Private-Tile-808988087
The second screen, on the other hand, shows a part of the route 5.
Although this route had already been announced in an old update, i had not shown yet the animation of the mills.

I'm aware that these latest updates are very limited, but unfortunately the development of the project is suffering a considerable slowdown due to some personal commitments.
I hope in the coming months to be able to publish more substantial updates.

Andrea

Novice
Hello everyone and welcome to a new update.
Today I would like to show you a couple of new features that will be present in the next beta.

1. New Side quest menu
The first implementation i'd like to show you is a system that keeps track of all side quests:

This new menu will be available immediately, allowing to find and play events that may be missed by the player.
Obviously, the missions will be unlocked progressively based on the progress made during the adventure.

2. Script
The second and last news is the following: although i haven't finished the maps of the next beta, i've started to develop some new scripts that will characterize the second part of the adventure.
Below, i leave you a small sequence of an event present in the MooMoo farm:
wI4NxHE.gif
Instead of using a classic fadescreen/setmaptile, i preferred to make a complete animation of the gate opening.
Other small animations will also be present in other events.

3. Future Updates
As most of you will have noticed, in the last period i have published an update every month, showing you new maps or new implementations.
Unfortunately, i must tell you that due to various commitments, it will no longer be possible for me to meet this deadline.
From now on, the publication of progress regarding the project will be much less frequent.

That said, see you in an next update.

Andrea

Novice
23Tz3Jw.png

This is Ethereal City, made taking inspiration from Kyoto.
This place, characterized by a peaceful, almost surreal atmosphere, is located in the north of the Shinzo region and can be easily reached from route 4.​

Credits of the tiles used:
PeekyChew: base tile of pagoda
Zetavares: base tile of the houses
Magiscarf: floor
LunaMaddalena: Signs

In order to fully appreciate this map, both day and night, i report a short gameplay:

Before leaving, i would like to announce that due to numerous commitments, the project will remain on hiatus until june 2021.

Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
The tileset and maps look crazy good.
I get the feel of a full region but it doesn't look over the top.

Really wish I could produce a game to look like this!

Andrea

Novice
The tileset and maps look crazy good.
I get the feel of a full region but it doesn't look over the top.

Really wish I could produce a game to look like this!
Thank you so much for all these compliments. Maps and tiles are something i pay close attention to, as i want them to be detailed!

pizzataco890

Trainer
let me know if you have plans to make this english version soon it looks so epic. i would play it a lot.

Andrea

Novice
- New beta coming soon -

I said i wouldn't publish anything until june, but let me explain.
My intention would have been to work progressively on the rom in these months, until a release at the beginning of the summer.
However, to my immense amazement, i found a few days ago that i finished it.
Compared to the old alpha, whose release times have expanded enormously due to the development of the various features, in this beta all the new features were already complete and inserted, which is why i was able to speed up all the work.
I think i don't have to add anything, we see you on march 26!

Reply to previous comment:
pizzataco890 said:
let me know if you have plans to make this english version soon it looks so epic. i would play it a lot.
Initially i wanted to translate it into English after the release of the next beta, but unfortunately i've decided for the moment to focus only on the development of the project and, once finished, proceed with the translation.

Last edited:

Andrea

Novice
Here we are!
After about two years from the first release of the alpha, here is the new beta (downloadable by clicking on the banner below):

I decided to accompany this release with a small gift, a water stone, downloadable via secret gift option by entering the code "260321" (the gift can be obtainable from the postman at any pokémon market).
Returning to the rom, below are a list of known bugs:
  • The heart icon has the wrong palettes
  • It may happen that by speeding up the game and moving quickly in some maps (Momo Farm & Route 5), the tiles are slightly distorted.
To solve, open/close one of the start menu options.
I also take this opportunity to thank all the users who in this long period have continued to support the project, leaving comments of encouragement and suggestions for improving it.
Also, i sincerely thank Flygon, ~ Ketan, Shippo, eMMe97 and JackHack96, thanks to which a very intense beta testing was conducted on the rom, allowing me to identify and correct many problems!

I conclude this brief speech by communicating to you a news that is beyond the release of this beta, an important change on a conceptual level, transforming Giratina's Legend into something different from what was originally conceived: this hack rom officially becomes a mini-hack, characterized by a shorter adventure than the standard ones.
Let me be clear, absolutely nothing will change for you, but for me it is a particularly important step.
In fact, from this decision it follow that not only the remaining time for the project to be completed will be drastically shortened, but also having less material to work on, i'll be able to take care even more of the few locations/events that i still have to realize.
It is still premature to talk about it, but from the considerations made previously, i can tell you that the next beta that will be released, the version 2.0.0, will be the final beta and will cover the epilogue of the story and the post game.

Said this, i wish you a lot of fun and see you soon!

Andrea

Novice
Available the new version 1.0.1, downloadable from the previous post or from the main one, in which the following bugs have been fixed:
  • Fixed bug in double battles that resulted in getting a bad egg
  • Fixed pokémon icon display when renaming a pokemon
  • Fixed moisture particles bug in Origin Cave when loading the game from a save
  • Fixed secondary mission text

I don't normally play romhacks, and I knew there wouldn't be an English release until the game was done, but I knew I had to check this romhack out. The visuals are stunning.

I can't offer much feedback, because I don't know much about romhacking. That, and I don't speak Italian. However, I had a lot of fun playing the game, and enjoying all the excellent visuals of the overworld. There's a good selection of Pokémon, and things felt pretty balanced. The graphics and mapping are great. I also like how you incorporated special effects in the overworld. (Like the caves have water dripping.) The way you used the clock as a puzzle in the mansion was also really creative.

This is my final team. Can't wait to see more from this game!
fousLGj.png

Andrea

Novice
I don't normally play romhacks, and I knew there wouldn't be an English release until the game was done, but I knew I had to check this romhack out. The visuals are stunning.

I can't offer much feedback, because I don't know much about romhacking. That, and I don't speak Italian. However, I had a lot of fun playing the game, and enjoying all the excellent visuals of the overworld. There's a good selection of Pokémon, and things felt pretty balanced. The graphics and mapping are great. I also like how you incorporated special effects in the overworld. (Like the caves have water dripping.) The way you used the clock as a puzzle in the mansion was also really creative.

This is my final team. Can't wait to see more from this game!
You don't know how pleased i am that despite the language barrier, you still gave a chance to my project.
And of course thank you for all these compliments, i'm so happy that you liked the maps and the features of the game (ps. great team)!

Back