• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon This Gym of Mine

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
NOTICE:
I am aware of a ROM hack version of this game is circulating around. This is NOT that. This version requires no emulator to play and is exclusively for PC. To play, just download the ZIP file from one of the links below. Extract the file and run the game file. I have no affiliation with any of the ROM hack versions of this game.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you all for your patience! Allow me to welcome you to the demo for Pokemon This Gym of Mine: Rank Up Edition!
title.png

Take on the role of the Gym Leader of Umbal City, with a brand new coat of paint and far more to discover!

Don't believe me?
A UI ripped straight from Pokemon Black and White! Also reveals your Pokemon's EVs and IVs!
Screenshot 2023-10-26 181938.png

New Feature in battles: Atmosphere!
Screenshot 2023-10-26 184324.png

Screenshot 2023-10-29 162307.png

Atmosphere greatly assists Pokemon of certain types! Plenty of new Abilities and Moves have been added to take advantage of them!
Feel free to explore and experiment with this new field effect!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 160729.png

New and improved Gym and Building systems to further polish and refine the game!
Introducing Notoriety! As your win streak grows, stronger Trainers will appear and more rewards come your way!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161105.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161138.png

Alter your Gym Puzzle to control the flow of Trainers into your Gym!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 163011.png

Chat with your Gym Trainers and learn more about them!

And much, much, MUCH more! Even more than what I could fit into this demo! I hope you all enjoy it and I hope to have more very soon!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161929.png

Any plugins or premade sprites have been instrumental to this game's development.
Please make me immediately aware of any issues involving missing or omitted credits.

Pokemon Essentials v20.1:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.
With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Marin, Boushy
MiDas Mike, Brother1440, FL.
PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, help-14
Rataime, IceGod64, Savordez, SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta
Wachunga, Lisa Anthony, Venom12, Near Fantastica, Luka S.J.

v20.1 Hotfix:
Maruno

Smogon XY/SM/SS Sprite Project
Project: Generation 6
Pokemon Essentials 18.1
Jumping Gen 6 Pokemon Icons
ShinxHero's Pokemon XYORAS Cries

Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
Overworld Sprites
Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo
Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
Script Credits:
Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Credits:
#==============================================================================#
# #
# Gen 4 OW Collection #
# #
# Compiled & Created by Vanilla Sunshine #
# With help from Neo-Spriteman, #
# Purple Zaffre, Maicerochico, and Atomic Reactor #
# #
# Intended for use with Mr. Gela's Trainer Sprites and PBS. #
# https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/391 #
# #
#==============================================================================#

** Credits **
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neo-Spriteman - Originally formatting most HGSS OWs for RMXP

Vanilla Sunshine - Formatting the OWs missing from Neo's resource for RMXP
Formatting most DPPt OWs for RMXP
Animating the Object boulder file
Creating the following Custom OWs:
trchar017 - Bug Catcher (HGSS)
trchar020 - Ninja Boy
trchar049 - Scientist
trchar067 - Teacher
trchar083 - Skier
trchar116 - Poke Maniac
trchar128 - Aroma Lady
trchar130 - Bird Keeper M
trchar131 - Bird Keeper F
trchar134 - Poke Fan M
trchar136 - Poke Fan F
trchar142 - Gentleman
trchar157 - Rocket Grunt M
trchar158 - Rocket Grunt F
trchar177 - Young Couple (DPPt)
trchar178 - Young Couple (HGSS)

PurpleZaffre - Ripping & Formatting the following OWs:
NPC 83 - Looker
NPC 84 - Charon
NPC 85 - Chubby Man (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 86 - Spikey Hair (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 87 - Blushy Girl (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 88 - Director (Beta/Unreleased)
Creating the following Custom OWs: (Commissioned by Maicerochico)
trchar107 - Gambler
trchar117 - Dragon Tamer
trchar118 - Breeder M
trchar120 - Breeder F
trchar146 - Veteran

AtomicReactor - Creating the following Custom OWs:
trchar124 - Ranger M
trchar126 - Ranger F

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outdoor Tilesets:

Magiscarf
SailorVicious (Formerly known as Heavy-Metal-Lover)
Kyle-Dove
Gen 4 Trainer Sprites:

Mr. Gela/theo#7722
Gen 4 Indoor Tileset:

Akizakura16 (Aki)

Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Overworld Sprites

Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo

Icon Sprites

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon

Cry Credits:

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464

Script Credits:

Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

Compilation of Resources:

Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Essentials Deluxe:
Lucidious89

BW Party Screen:
DeepBlue PacificWaves,Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User

BW Summary Screen:
DeepBlue PacificWaves, Tommaniacal, Lucidious89, Weibrot, Kobi2604, Dirkriptide, Ploaj, Mr. Gela, Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User

Auto Multi Save:
http404error

Trainer Sprites:
Mr. Gela/theo#7722

Overworld Sprites:
Vanilla Sunshine, Neo-Spriteman, Purple Zaffre, Maicerochico, and Atomic Reactor

Improved AI Plugin:
KRLW890

Triple Triad Booster Packs:
FL

Script Gen 9 and Adapting PLA for v20:
-Caruban

PBS for Gen 9:
-Caruban
-PorousMist (Updated the abilities, items, and moves description)
-DJChaos (TM Items)

Pokemon Gen 9 Battler Sprites:
The-King-Of-Roads-X, Mak, leParagon, Caruban, Azria, Mashirosakura, Katten, jinxed

Battler Sprites QC:
leParagon

Pokemon Gen 9 icons:
ezerart

Pokemon Gen 9 Followers:
Azria, DarkusShadow

Pokemon Gen 9 Cries:
Edited from Lightblade Absol Gen 9 Cries compilation video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV6k3G62oT0

Gen 9 item icons:
-lichenprincess (Tera Orb, Bamboos, Tera Shards, Mirror Herb, Loaded Dice, Leader Crest, and Kubfu Scrolls, Booster Energy, Gimmighoul coin, TM Material, Kofu's Wallet)
-Caruban (Punching Glove, Auspicious Armor, Malicious Armor, Ability Shield, Clear Amulet, Covert Cloak, Scarlet&Violet Book)

Original Pokémon: Legends Arceus Expansion Script :
-StCooler (Original script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the script for v19.1 use)

PLA item icons :
-AztecCroc, 3DJackArt, Caruban, lichenprincess

Pokemon cries ripped:
-Morningdew

Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)

PLA Pokémon icons:
-LuigiTKO

Follower
-Boonzeet
-DarkusShadow
-princess-phoenix
-Ezeart
-Wolfang62

PLA Sprites from Smogon Gen8 Sprite Project :
(https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-sprite-project.3647722/)
-Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Gen 4 Style Version
Gen 9 sprites:
KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Red7246, Vent, Caruban, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Z-nogyroP,
Alxndre~◇, Mashirosakura, NanaelJustice, KRLW890

PLA sprites:
Travis, KingOfThe-X-Roads, Blaquaza, leParagon, Red7246, G.E.Z., Katten, Vent, Cesare_CBass, AlexandreV2.0, PKMNTrainerRick., CarmaNeko, JWNutz, Erkey830

Gen 9 Icons:
Vent, Katten, leParagon, Cesare_CBass

PLA Icons:
LuigiTKO, Pikafan2000, Cesare_CBass, Vent, Cesare_Cbass, MultiDiegoDani, leParagon, JWNutz
and thanks for
Pokémon Icons Act 2.9 - Teracristalizando
(https://whackahack.com/foro/threads/pokemon-icons-act-2-9-teracristalizando-07-08-2022.63896/)

Full Sprites Credit List:

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T-KC-4XDOeFKq0Z6tfN6Sz4JIlpaK7B8A0lbmBg9fNY/edit?usp=sharing

Music (from khinsider):
Playing with Psychos - Live a Live
Jubilife City - Pokemon DPP
Battle! Wild Pokemon - Pokemon DPP
Wild Pokemon Defeated! - Pokemon DPP
Battle! Trainer - Pokemon BW
Victory Against Trainer! - Pokemon BW
Battle! Gym Leader - Pokemon BW
Victory Against Gym Leader! - Pokemon BW
Battle! (Gym Leader) - Pokemon XY
Victory! (Gym Leader) - Pokemon XY
Beach Volleyball Massacre - Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass
Game Corner - Pokemon DPP
Temporal Spire - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers
Battle - Spore Creatures DS
Proving Grounds - Spore Creatures DS
Baysee - Spore Creatures DS
Light Side - Spore Hero Arena

Zophar's Domain:
Desperate Fight - Breath of Fire 2
I'll Do It - Breath of Fire 2

Assistance from:
NotFaizen - Electro Blade/Opulite Gallade Abilities

Special thanks to:
Welshy76
kantobelv
bobalink
TheTealEmerald
itsmeofcours
ABCNossehc
FeralPango
KassMeOutside
overevaluated
Dragon_Slobber
Lukas Alexander
SinistarBeware
Shecrio
3rik1994
Sirst
norelation
SlayerBRK
dndtherapist
bradbingham
Giokaiser
Toohsaka
Swordsy10
Raiden8492
OpenBracket
MinnieGG
Gametheus

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pokemon
This Gym of Mine

mbM7yzy.png

You are the newest Gym Leader for Umbal City! Battle Trainers that challenge you,
spruce up the city, and help out the citizens!
How you do it is all up to you!

Screenshots:
pRrSnvx.png

xO4XGlu.png

TlZRq6A.png

RFXvpC4.png

r7Wdjzj.png
lO3Nisz.png
Downloads:
Additional Links:
Reddit
Discord
If you are having trouble with the Discord link, the invite link can be found at the game's wiki:
Wiki
Made Using:
Pokemon Essentials 18.1
Team:
Omegas
Notes:
It's random chance that goes into deciding who you face at the Gym. I've done everything I could think of to keep it interesting and avoid repetition, but it may happen once in a while, especially early on. Also, some early-game Trainers get stronger if you leave them be. You can only fight each Trainer once, so make it count!
Finally, there is no barrier between areas. You can access areas containing Pokemon five times your strength straight out the gate!
Have fun you guys!

Credits:
Pokemon Essentials 18.1 - Maruno, Poccil, and Flameguru
Smogon XY/SM/SS Sprite Projects
Project: Generation 6

Jumping Gen 6 Pokemon Icons - Pikachumazzinga
ShinxHero's Pokemon XYORAS Cries
Generation 8 Project for Essentials

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-26 184336.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 184336.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,074
  • Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,019
Last edited:

glottle

Rookie
i really wish there was a phone call option to cancel vacation. it was time for facing the final boss, so i decided to use a vacation day before "finishing the game" so that i could explore a bit more and potentially catch some good pokemon. i couldn't go on vacation (the text said something like, "There are more important things to do!"), so I went to the final boss. i defeated him, and now im stuck in my room. when i go to the door, it says my character needs rest. when i go to the bed, it says i need to go to town hall. i can't progress at all, which is honestly very frustrating because i had 12+ hours on my game.
but aside from that, this game is great! i absolutely love it.

Belgost

Rookie
So, first off, I am loving the game. I did run into a glitch though. I just unlocked, I think the national Dex? The thing where you get a list of Pokemon that other gym leaders have. I wanted to use the list to find a few Pokemon I want for my gym, but if I click on a mon I haven't personally seen yet, but that was unlocked by this event, I get this error message: Script:'PSystem_Utilities' line 843: TypeError occured. no implicit conversion from nil to integer
Any idea of how I might be able to fix this?

MelissaRise

Rookie
Hi I've installed and booted up the game but on the first screen is says Gym Leader Registration Starting. Please be patient...

How long does getting through this screen usually take? It's been about 20 minutes and nothing has happened.

MKGeezy

Rookie
Is there a complete list of obtainable pokemon and their locations? I thought I saw a reference to something like that in a previous comment but I haven't been able to locate it.

Hi I've installed and booted up the game but on the first screen is says Gym Leader Registration Starting. Please be patient...

How long does getting through this screen usually take? It's been about 20 minutes and nothing has happened.
I hit 'x' while on that screen and it took to me to the game

MKGeezy

Rookie
Is there a complete list of obtainable pokemon and their locations? I thought I saw a reference to something like that in a previous comment but I haven't been able to locate it.
I found it! It's on page 9 of this thread for anyone else that is looking for it.

Superduck305

Rookie
I leveled up my dusclops with it holding a reaper cloth twice and it still hasn't evolved. Duskull was my starter so I've raised it since level 5. What's the problem? Am I missing something?

Waffles

Novice
This game is so fun!! Anyone understand how pokemon evolutions that involve trades traditionally work?? I have a seadra but I am not sure how it is intended to evolve to kingdra
I haven't personally evolved seadra, but regular (non-item) trade evolutions evolve through friendship instead. Seadra normally evolves through trade while holding a dragon scale, so I'll bet it has to be holding one at the very least. You can buy it in the pokemart from the guy not behind the counter. Might need friendship + hold, or just level + hold, idk. Good luck!

POGGAMER

Rookie
This game is so fun!! Anyone understand how pokemon evolutions that involve trades traditionally work?? I have a seadra but I am not sure how it is intended to evolve to kingdra
i think you need a dragon scale i am not sure

does anyone know where to get Scyther or Scizor

Goo_the_ghoul

Rookie
I scheduled for a vacation after I unlocked that feature, and after I got that note from Edgar, so I couldn’t go to town hall without beating Edgar first, and when I beat Edgar I was automatically sent to my room, now I’m stuck in a loop of “Go to town hall and tell them your leaving” and “you need some rest”

I know I could probably just restart the game or something, but I spent a lot of time leveling up my team and finding six different electric type Pokémon (which is pretty hard because I can’t find any of them anywhere) so I don’t really want to give up all that progress

Last edited by a moderator:

Waffles

Novice
I know I could probably just restart the game or something, but I spent a lot of time leveling up my team and finding six different electric type Pokémon (which is pretty hard because I can’t find any of them anywhere) so I don’t really want to give up all that progress
If you saved within that soft lock, that's sadly your only option to continue playing the game.

KadinNova

Rookie
Hello!! I just started this game and picked fairy, but I'm having trouble finding fairies in the starting areas to get my 3 required for the gym. I looked up a list of pokemon who can learn Dazzling Gleam, as that's the fairy type signature move and so should work as a substitution, but when I caught a Cherubi and tried to teach it that, it said that it was not able to learn it despite bulbapedia and serebii saying that it can. Is this just a bug, or is it not allowed on purpose? Not mad either way, just figured I'd ask!! Thanks for making this really cool-looking game!!

Omegas

Trainer
Hello, everyone! Taking a quick break from my hiatus to give a quick update on... well, the update! I hope everyone has been enjoying the game and what it has to offer! It will be a while, but I hope to have even more for you guys in the future.

First of all, I wanted to talk about the secret boss! Quite a few of you have bested this powerful opponent, and it has been great to hear your individual experiences with the game! With that being said, there will no longer be an award for beating the secret boss. The people that have recently DMed me will be that last to know what it is. What could it have been? You'll have to wait for the next update to find out. As for those of you that know, remember: this is a secret between us! All I ask is that you keep it for a bit longer 😉.

Speaking of the update, I hope you are all excited for what is in store! Many bug fixes are promised, including many fixes involving vacations. Speaking of which, new quest, locations, and even Pokemon will be appearing as well. I won't spoil much, but expect to see some new regional variants of the Starter Pokemon, as well as Pokemon not originally available in game! In addition, something big is planned for this next update! Once again, I am not saying much, but I will say it is the "true" ending to Pokemon This Gym of Mine!

With that in mind, I must mention that this next major update will be the FINAL major update for Pokemon This Gym of Mine. It has been a wonderful ride these past few years, even with its ups and downs. When this update releases, Pokemon This Gym of Mine will be exactly as I envisioned it to be when I made it for the Game Jam. There will still be small updates to deal with small glitches here and there, but there won't be any new Pokemon, areas, or storybeats added afterwards.
Thank you all so much for playing my game. Whether you have just joined recently, or if you've been here since the beginning, thank you for enjoying Pokemon This Gym of Mine. This game wouldn't be half the experience it is now, and will be in the future, if it wasn't for everyone's constant support for this game. For that, I can't be anything other than grateful to you all.

Once again, thank you all so much!
I hope you all have a nice day!

For all the new players in this thread, here's a quick guide on how to use the PBS to find information about Pokemon.

Pokemon Essentials games like TGOM compile a lot of their data from a set of .txt files in the PBS folder. While most devs tend to delete them to keep secrets/save storage space, Omegas has left all of them in here. They can't be edited (or, well, you can edit them, but it won't affect the game), but you can look in them to see the data for yourself. It's not going to answer everything for you - stuff like gift Pokemon, obtaining items, etc. isn't set up in the PBS - but you can use it to find any information about a species, and the standard wild encounters for every location. Just open up a file, Ctrl+F for the name you're looking for, and you'll find it. (Or, in the case of encounters, you'll find that you can't find it in the wild) You can look at the Essentials wiki for information about how the PBS works, if you want to know about the specific encounter rates, confused about what an evolution method means, etc. (And remember, stats are organized in the PBS as HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense)

The most relevant PBS files are
  • pokemon.txt (lists Pokemon data)
  • pokemonforms.txt (lists Pokemon data for alternate forms)
  • encounters.txt (lists wild encounter for an area)
  • tm.txt (lists all Pokemon that can learn a TM/tutor move)

I'm going to be answering a few of the unanswered questions in this thread as examples. (Not picking on anyone, just figured I might as well answer an actual question if I'm doing an example)
Seadra's evolution is listed as
Evolutions = KINGDRA,HoldItem,DRAGONSCALE
1663714640393.png
So Waffles had the right idea here, it's just about holding the item and levelling up.

Does anyone have a list of all the new regional forms and their typings and how to evolve the regional magmar
Since this is an alternate form, we'll want to look in pokemonforms.txt.
1663715413519.png
But then we see that Evolution isn't defined for it here - so that means that it just uses the same evolution defined for its original form. We look in pokemon.txt and we can see that it's Evolutions = MAGMORTAR,DayHoldItem,MAGMARIZER.
Is Scyther or Scizor in the game? If so where do they spawn
If we Ctrl+F in encounters.txt for Scyther or Scizor, it says they're not found anywhere. Scyther is one of the starters in the Bug gym, and based on this line from Omegas -

In previous versions, certain Starters could be found in the wild, allowing for full teams of Base 600 Pokemon. This was something I was hoping to reserve for the Dragon Gym Leader path, and this also made certain Starters feel less special.
It sounds like he doesn't want the starters to be obtainable in the wild.

Also, remember that you can use Relic Castle's search function to search this thread specifically, which can help check if a question's already answered. For example, if I wanted to see if someone's already said where the save file is -
1663716308997.png
And we can find it in the search results -
1663716518062.png
Remember that Omegas has also compiled a list of encounters (and agfer's list of starters) in this post -

And there's a subreddit created by Scootaroo -

Last edited:

Superduck305

Rookie
I've been playing the game for hours and it's 8pm where I am. Why will the day become night? I'm trying to evolve a Dusclops thats already level 69 and is holding a reaper cloth and I can only play for so long.

Alcataz

Rookie
I just took a vacation to Breezee and as soon as I was given control of the character again, I got put on a bike? I don't even own a bike? something tells me that this isn't supposed to be what happens.

Back