• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon This Gym of Mine

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
NOTICE:
I am aware of a ROM hack version of this game is circulating around. This is NOT that. This version requires no emulator to play and is exclusively for PC. To play, just download the ZIP file from one of the links below. Extract the file and run the game file. I have no affiliation with any of the ROM hack versions of this game.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you all for your patience! Allow me to welcome you to the demo for Pokemon This Gym of Mine: Rank Up Edition!
title.png

Take on the role of the Gym Leader of Umbal City, with a brand new coat of paint and far more to discover!

Don't believe me?
A UI ripped straight from Pokemon Black and White! Also reveals your Pokemon's EVs and IVs!
Screenshot 2023-10-26 181938.png

New Feature in battles: Atmosphere!
Screenshot 2023-10-26 184324.png

Screenshot 2023-10-29 162307.png

Atmosphere greatly assists Pokemon of certain types! Plenty of new Abilities and Moves have been added to take advantage of them!
Feel free to explore and experiment with this new field effect!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 160729.png

New and improved Gym and Building systems to further polish and refine the game!
Introducing Notoriety! As your win streak grows, stronger Trainers will appear and more rewards come your way!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161105.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161138.png

Alter your Gym Puzzle to control the flow of Trainers into your Gym!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 163011.png

Chat with your Gym Trainers and learn more about them!

And much, much, MUCH more! Even more than what I could fit into this demo! I hope you all enjoy it and I hope to have more very soon!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 161929.png

Any plugins or premade sprites have been instrumental to this game's development.
Please make me immediately aware of any issues involving missing or omitted credits.

Pokemon Essentials v20.1:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.
With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Marin, Boushy
MiDas Mike, Brother1440, FL.
PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, help-14
Rataime, IceGod64, Savordez, SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta
Wachunga, Lisa Anthony, Venom12, Near Fantastica, Luka S.J.

v20.1 Hotfix:
Maruno

Smogon XY/SM/SS Sprite Project
Project: Generation 6
Pokemon Essentials 18.1
Jumping Gen 6 Pokemon Icons
ShinxHero's Pokemon XYORAS Cries

Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
Overworld Sprites
Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo
Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
Script Credits:
Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Credits:
#==============================================================================#
# #
# Gen 4 OW Collection #
# #
# Compiled & Created by Vanilla Sunshine #
# With help from Neo-Spriteman, #
# Purple Zaffre, Maicerochico, and Atomic Reactor #
# #
# Intended for use with Mr. Gela's Trainer Sprites and PBS. #
# https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/391 #
# #
#==============================================================================#

** Credits **
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neo-Spriteman - Originally formatting most HGSS OWs for RMXP

Vanilla Sunshine - Formatting the OWs missing from Neo's resource for RMXP
Formatting most DPPt OWs for RMXP
Animating the Object boulder file
Creating the following Custom OWs:
trchar017 - Bug Catcher (HGSS)
trchar020 - Ninja Boy
trchar049 - Scientist
trchar067 - Teacher
trchar083 - Skier
trchar116 - Poke Maniac
trchar128 - Aroma Lady
trchar130 - Bird Keeper M
trchar131 - Bird Keeper F
trchar134 - Poke Fan M
trchar136 - Poke Fan F
trchar142 - Gentleman
trchar157 - Rocket Grunt M
trchar158 - Rocket Grunt F
trchar177 - Young Couple (DPPt)
trchar178 - Young Couple (HGSS)

PurpleZaffre - Ripping & Formatting the following OWs:
NPC 83 - Looker
NPC 84 - Charon
NPC 85 - Chubby Man (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 86 - Spikey Hair (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 87 - Blushy Girl (Beta/Unreleased)
NPC 88 - Director (Beta/Unreleased)
Creating the following Custom OWs: (Commissioned by Maicerochico)
trchar107 - Gambler
trchar117 - Dragon Tamer
trchar118 - Breeder M
trchar120 - Breeder F
trchar146 - Veteran

AtomicReactor - Creating the following Custom OWs:
trchar124 - Ranger M
trchar126 - Ranger F

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outdoor Tilesets:

Magiscarf
SailorVicious (Formerly known as Heavy-Metal-Lover)
Kyle-Dove
Gen 4 Trainer Sprites:

Mr. Gela/theo#7722
Gen 4 Indoor Tileset:

Akizakura16 (Aki)

Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Overworld Sprites

Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo

Icon Sprites

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon

Cry Credits:

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464

Script Credits:

Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

Compilation of Resources:

Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Essentials Deluxe:
Lucidious89

BW Party Screen:
DeepBlue PacificWaves,Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User

BW Summary Screen:
DeepBlue PacificWaves, Tommaniacal, Lucidious89, Weibrot, Kobi2604, Dirkriptide, Ploaj, Mr. Gela, Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User

Auto Multi Save:
http404error

Trainer Sprites:
Mr. Gela/theo#7722

Overworld Sprites:
Vanilla Sunshine, Neo-Spriteman, Purple Zaffre, Maicerochico, and Atomic Reactor

Improved AI Plugin:
KRLW890

Triple Triad Booster Packs:
FL

Script Gen 9 and Adapting PLA for v20:
-Caruban

PBS for Gen 9:
-Caruban
-PorousMist (Updated the abilities, items, and moves description)
-DJChaos (TM Items)

Pokemon Gen 9 Battler Sprites:
The-King-Of-Roads-X, Mak, leParagon, Caruban, Azria, Mashirosakura, Katten, jinxed

Battler Sprites QC:
leParagon

Pokemon Gen 9 icons:
ezerart

Pokemon Gen 9 Followers:
Azria, DarkusShadow

Pokemon Gen 9 Cries:
Edited from Lightblade Absol Gen 9 Cries compilation video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV6k3G62oT0

Gen 9 item icons:
-lichenprincess (Tera Orb, Bamboos, Tera Shards, Mirror Herb, Loaded Dice, Leader Crest, and Kubfu Scrolls, Booster Energy, Gimmighoul coin, TM Material, Kofu's Wallet)
-Caruban (Punching Glove, Auspicious Armor, Malicious Armor, Ability Shield, Clear Amulet, Covert Cloak, Scarlet&Violet Book)

Original Pokémon: Legends Arceus Expansion Script :
-StCooler (Original script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the script for v19.1 use)

PLA item icons :
-AztecCroc, 3DJackArt, Caruban, lichenprincess

Pokemon cries ripped:
-Morningdew

Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)

PLA Pokémon icons:
-LuigiTKO

Follower
-Boonzeet
-DarkusShadow
-princess-phoenix
-Ezeart
-Wolfang62

PLA Sprites from Smogon Gen8 Sprite Project :
(https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-sprite-project.3647722/)
-Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Gen 4 Style Version
Gen 9 sprites:
KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Red7246, Vent, Caruban, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Z-nogyroP,
Alxndre~◇, Mashirosakura, NanaelJustice, KRLW890

PLA sprites:
Travis, KingOfThe-X-Roads, Blaquaza, leParagon, Red7246, G.E.Z., Katten, Vent, Cesare_CBass, AlexandreV2.0, PKMNTrainerRick., CarmaNeko, JWNutz, Erkey830

Gen 9 Icons:
Vent, Katten, leParagon, Cesare_CBass

PLA Icons:
LuigiTKO, Pikafan2000, Cesare_CBass, Vent, Cesare_Cbass, MultiDiegoDani, leParagon, JWNutz
and thanks for
Pokémon Icons Act 2.9 - Teracristalizando
(https://whackahack.com/foro/threads/pokemon-icons-act-2-9-teracristalizando-07-08-2022.63896/)

Full Sprites Credit List:

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T-KC-4XDOeFKq0Z6tfN6Sz4JIlpaK7B8A0lbmBg9fNY/edit?usp=sharing

Music (from khinsider):
Playing with Psychos - Live a Live
Jubilife City - Pokemon DPP
Battle! Wild Pokemon - Pokemon DPP
Wild Pokemon Defeated! - Pokemon DPP
Battle! Trainer - Pokemon BW
Victory Against Trainer! - Pokemon BW
Battle! Gym Leader - Pokemon BW
Victory Against Gym Leader! - Pokemon BW
Battle! (Gym Leader) - Pokemon XY
Victory! (Gym Leader) - Pokemon XY
Beach Volleyball Massacre - Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass
Game Corner - Pokemon DPP
Temporal Spire - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers
Battle - Spore Creatures DS
Proving Grounds - Spore Creatures DS
Baysee - Spore Creatures DS
Light Side - Spore Hero Arena

Zophar's Domain:
Desperate Fight - Breath of Fire 2
I'll Do It - Breath of Fire 2

Assistance from:
NotFaizen - Electro Blade/Opulite Gallade Abilities

Special thanks to:
Welshy76
kantobelv
bobalink
TheTealEmerald
itsmeofcours
ABCNossehc
FeralPango
KassMeOutside
overevaluated
Dragon_Slobber
Lukas Alexander
SinistarBeware
Shecrio
3rik1994
Sirst
norelation
SlayerBRK
dndtherapist
bradbingham
Giokaiser
Toohsaka
Swordsy10
Raiden8492
OpenBracket
MinnieGG
Gametheus

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pokemon
This Gym of Mine

mbM7yzy.png

You are the newest Gym Leader for Umbal City! Battle Trainers that challenge you,
spruce up the city, and help out the citizens!
How you do it is all up to you!

Screenshots:
pRrSnvx.png

xO4XGlu.png

TlZRq6A.png

RFXvpC4.png

r7Wdjzj.png
lO3Nisz.png
Downloads:
Additional Links:
Reddit
Discord
If you are having trouble with the Discord link, the invite link can be found at the game's wiki:
Wiki
Made Using:
Pokemon Essentials 18.1
Team:
Omegas
Notes:
It's random chance that goes into deciding who you face at the Gym. I've done everything I could think of to keep it interesting and avoid repetition, but it may happen once in a while, especially early on. Also, some early-game Trainers get stronger if you leave them be. You can only fight each Trainer once, so make it count!
Finally, there is no barrier between areas. You can access areas containing Pokemon five times your strength straight out the gate!
Have fun you guys!

Credits:
Pokemon Essentials 18.1 - Maruno, Poccil, and Flameguru
Smogon XY/SM/SS Sprite Projects
Project: Generation 6

Jumping Gen 6 Pokemon Icons - Pikachumazzinga
ShinxHero's Pokemon XYORAS Cries
Generation 8 Project for Essentials

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-26 184336.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 184336.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,074
  • Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-12 161820.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,019
Last edited:

meldarion

Rookie
Game is really fun! There are some obvious improvements to make; such as the ridiculous pace with which you level from gym leader rank 3 to 6 (is just three straight battles with nothing in between). There's also a sort of lack of pokemon for some types; Wanting to do normal I was kind of excited to use the niche dual types (so anything besides flying and pure normal), but aside from drampa (which I was really happy to find) and wigglytuff, haven't found any. Pyroar, Sawsbuck, Bibarel, Girafarig and even Hisuian Zoroark would have made the gym a lot more interesting and I'd have felt less forced to use the two slots for pokemon that weren't normal type.

Came here mostly to say that putting a toxic orb on a pokemon crashes the game (not the biggest deal, makes raticate a bit less useful as I was doing normal type).

And to see if I could find a location for surf as swampert is stuck with muddy water; if someone knows where to find that, I'd love to know.

Keep up the great work! Also: big fan of the regional forms.

Omegas

Trainer
Hello, everyone! My goodness, my apologies for the silence. Lots of things have been happening, including losing my internet access twice in one week, so I hope I can be a bit more consistent with my posts going forward.

Either way, I have some information regarding the update that I bet many of you would like to hear!

So, if you all don't mind a hefty post, let's get into details!

First and foremost, starters have been shifted around slightly. Ralts was originally exclusive to the Fairy type Gym. However, I had to lock it to female to avoid people accidentally evolving it into Gallade, costing them one of their two off-type Pokemon and forcing Gallade to know Dazzling Gleam. In version 5.0.0, Ralts will be moved to the Psychic Gym and will no longer be locked to female, giving players their choice of Gardevoir or Gallade! But, to do this I had to remove a Psychic starter. Sadly, Solosis was the one cut, but, don't despair Solosis fans, it will still be available in the wild! To fill in the gap in the Fairy Gym, Snubbull will be made into a starter for this Gym! If you are looking for a physical attacking Fairy, look no further than Snubbull!
In addition to Fairy, Poison has received a small change. Namely, The Nidorans have been condensed into one Starter choice with an additional choice between the two. Since this freed up a space for a new starter, Ekans can now be chosen as a Poison type Starter! In a way, this means that Poison technically has 4 starter choices!

One issue with the system people have brought up is with Gym TMs. A lot of Gym TMs are quite popular moves like Flamethrower and Ice Beam. This is a bit of a problem, since many Pokemon rely on these moves for type coverages and few replacements are available in game. To remedy this, the old Gym TMs will be available normally in game and brand new moves will be taking their place! Let me introduce you to a couple moves:

False Start: The signature move of the Dark Gym. It is, effectively, a Dark type version of the move First Impression. Use it to get an immediate headstart on your opponent! Be careful, though, you can only use it the moment your Pokemon is sent out.

Tornado: The Flying Gym's signature move. This storm destroys more than the opponent's health! Any hazards, traps, and even terrain is shredded by the howling storm.

Rolling Thunder: The Electric Gym's signature move summons a thunderstorm to trap the foe! While it is active, the opponent takes damage over type. That's not all, however! Any Electric type moves used are boosted in the storm!

These are a few of the moves you will have access to as a Gym Leader. Just like before, any Pokemon that can learn these moves can be used in your Gym, so keep them in mind as you plan your team!

As for new Pokemon, I have a few new additions I would like to share with you all!

ASTROVINE.png

Astrovine: Normal/Psychic

This is an evolution that Miltank undergoes upon being exposed to a certain extraterrestrial Pokemon...
Normal was one of the types I was looking to buff in this update. Many of the choices you had were either underwhelming or were very similar to one another. Outside of Drampa, Staraptor, or Wigglytuff, Normal had little type coverage and struggled in the late game after an underwhelming early game. As such, Astrovine was added to give additional support to the type, meaning their are now 3 Normal type Pokemon that are neutral to Fighting without any of them having overlapping weaknesses. For Normal type players, this should aid in teambuilding, significantly. It also helps with the overall power of Normal teams, since many Normal Pokemon in the game had... underwhelming stats, to say the least.

DRAPION_1.png

Drapion: Poison/Water

This Drapion, based on a water scorpion, is mainly here to give more options for Water and Poison Gyms. If you are a fan of Drapion, or if you want a bulky Pokemon with a tanky typing, Drapion is a solid choice.

With the release of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, we are introduced to the concept of Convergent Pokemon, a new regional variant of Pokemon. Two Convergent Pokemon are planned for Pokemon This Gym of Mine, mainly to aid some weaker types. Without giving away too much, A Grass/Rock type and Fire/Electric type are both planned and are in development!

BredForBattle.png

Jabbamence: Dragon/Psychic
A variant for Salamence based of the Jabberwock from Alice in Wonderland. I'll be honest. I'm not sure why I added this Pokemon in. Dragon is already a very powerful type and Dragon does not add much to Psychic outside of massive stats. Maybe something will come to me, I'm not sure.

In addition, some changes have been made to existing Pokemon, or Pokemon I have teased before:
Early Normal types and Bug types have had their stats slightly buffed. Pokemon like Sentret and Beedrill have been given a slight boost to help them stay relevant in the late game. It isn't anything major, but it is enough that they can still hold their own without having to give them major team support.

Yes, Sandile is finally available to be captured. Trust me, I checked as I was typing this out. In addition, Durant and Skarmory will be made available to help out the Bug and Flying Gyms respectively. Speaking of the Bug Gym, Araquanid and Golisopod can be found in game, further fleshing out the originally weak typing.

WENDIGAR.png

So, in further researching potential new Pokemon for TGOM, I came across some information that has been bothering me. Apparently, the imagery I had based Wendigar off of were not based on the wendigo, like I thought, but were actually based on the wechuge, a Canadian monster that, while similar to the wendigo, is its own distinct entity... While this likely bothers nobody except myself, I have elected to rename Wendigar into Wechugar. Otherwise, it is just as good of a Pokemon as it was in version 4.2.3.

A while back, I teased an evolution for Lopunny called Punkeary, a Normal/Dark evolution for the line. Normally, I do not tease anything that isn't set in stone, but looking into Lopunny further, I had been leaning away from its current evolution. For one, it is quite similar in origin and typing to Obstagoon, which will be appearing in v5.0.0. In addition, Lopunny's moveset got me thinking of a different path I could take it, one that could give it more of an identity and a place in game...
MAGEARY.png

Mageary: Normal/Fairy
Meet the rabbit the magician pulled from their hat and made their assistant! Mageary can be seen on the streets of Opulance City entrancing kids and adults alike, while subtly stealing whatever it can from their pockets and bags. Mageary can be a support Pokemon or a solid Special Attacker. Since the Normal Gym tends to lack both type coverage and stats, Mageary acts as an alternate Fairy for people who may find Wigglytuff underwhelming. It still has a new ability that ignores negative item effects, so it still has that utility for players who were excited for that!
Hopefully, you all enjoy this new evolution. While I was happy with Punkeary, I feel Mageary just fits what Lopunny was trying to be a bit better while helping it feel unique compared to other Pokemon available in Pokemon This Gym of Mine.

AGGRON_1.png

I'm so sorry Aggron fans... The thing is just too strong. I tried to nerf it by replacing Shift Gear with Dragon Dance, but it is still far too strong. This Pokemon can easily carry most Gyms that can access it with very little risk. As such, Dragon Dance and Shift Gear are being removed from its natural learnset... However, it can still learn Shift Gear via breeding! It will be a bit hard to do, since it is such a powerful option for it, but it will be available for players who are willing to go the extra mile for it. Despite that, Umbal Aggron is still an absolutely powerful Pokemon. Also, some changes are being planned to help make its sprite more distinct compared to Aggron, so stay tuned!

Hopefully, these changes will help with the game's balance and player's experience.

In addition to changes to Pokemon, every area in Pokemon This Gym of Mine is being redone in a new tileset! Take a look:
WindingWood_Update.png

Some areas are being overhauled entirely, such as Cold Steel Cave:
ColdSteelCavern_Original.png
ColdSteelCavern_Update.png

These areas were made using tilesets made by Magiscarf, Kyle_Dove, and SailorVicious. The credits will be updated when version 5.0.0 is available to the public. Speaking of credits, the multiple save file plugin made by http404error will be implemented, as well as KRLW890's Improved AI. These two plugins should help with two other issues players have had by making the game much more friendly towards multiple playthroughs and making the AI less... confusing.

There is still a metric ton planned for the final release! I hope you are all as excited for what's to come as I am to share it with you all! Originally, I had planned to release v5.0.0 around late fall, early winter. However, I'm not sure if that would be as possible as I thought... So, I plan to release a demo for v5.0.0 around that time! Since it is a massive overhaul of the game, I'd like to give a taste of what's to come before the game is fully ready, to see what people have to say. Until then, I will be hard at work making this update the best it can be!

Finally, I wanted to give a special thanks to the following:
Welshy76
kantobelv
bobalink
TheTealEmerald
itsmeofcours
ABCNossehc
FeralPango
KassMeOutside
overevaluated
Dragon_Slobber
Lukas Alexander
SinistarBeware
Shecrio
3rik1994
Sirst
norelation
SlayerBRK
dndtherapist
bradbingham
Giokaiser
Toohsaka
Swordsy10
Raiden8492
OpenBracket
MinnieGG
Gametheus

Thank you all for your patience. I made a promise to you all and I intend to keep it. I hope you all are excited for this update's release. And especially thank you for keeping a secret for so long. I promise I won't be keeping you waiting longer than I must.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Bowser64

Rookie
Hello, everyone! My goodness, my apologies for the silence. Lots of things have been happening, including losing my internet access twice in one week, so I hope I can be a bit more consistent with my posts going forward.

Either way, I have some information regarding the update that I bet many of you would like to hear!

First and foremost, starters have been shifted around slightly. Ralts was originally exclusive to the Fairy type Gym. However, I had to lock it to female to avoid people accidentally evolving it into Gallade, costing them one of their two off-type Pokemon and forcing Gallade to know Dazzling Gleam. In version 5.0.0, Ralts will be moved to the Psychic Gym and will no longer be locked to female, giving players their choice of Gardevoir or Gallade! But, to do this I had to remove a Psychic starter. Sadly, Solosis was the one cut, but, don't despair Solosis fans, it will still be available in the wild! To fill in the gap in the Fairy Gym, Snubbull will be made into a starter for this Gym! If you are looking for a physical attacking Fairy, look no further than Snubbull!
In addition to Fairy, Poison has received a small change. Namely, The Nidorans have been condensed into one Starter choice with an additional choice between the two. Since this freed up a space for a new starter, Ekans can now be chosen as a Poison type Starter! In a way, this means that Poison technically has 4 starter choices!

One issue with the system people have brought up is with Gym TMs. A lot of Gym TMs are quite popular moves like Flamethrower and Ice Beam. This is a bit of a problem, since many Pokemon rely on these moves for type coverages and few replacements are available in game. To remedy this, the old Gym TMs will be available normally in game and brand new moves will be taking their place! Let me introduce you to a couple moves:

False Start: The signature move of the Dark Gym. It is, effectively, a Dark type version of the move First Impression. Use it to get an immediate headstart on your opponent! Be careful, though, you can only use it the moment your Pokemon is sent out.

Tornado: The Flying Gym's signature move. This storm destroys more than the opponent's health! Any hazards, traps, and even terrain is shredded by the howling storm.

Rolling Thunder: The Electric Gym's signature move summons a thunderstorm to trap the foe! While it is active, the opponent takes damage over type. That's not all, however! Any Electric type moves used are boosted in the storm!

These are a few of the moves you will have access to as a Gym Leader. Just like before, any Pokemon that can learn these moves can be used in your Gym, so keep them in mind as you plan your team!

As for new Pokemon, I have a few new additions I would like to share with you all!

View attachment 21869

This is an evolution that Miltank undergoes upon being exposed to a certain extraterrestrial Pokemon...
Normal was one of the types I was looking to buff in this update. Many of the choices you had were either underwhelming or were very similar to one another. Outside of Drampa, Staraptor, or Wigglytuff, Normal had little type coverage and struggled in the late game after an underwhelming early game. As such, Astrovine was added to give additional support to the type, meaning their are now 3 Normal type Pokemon that are neutral to Fighting without any of them having overlapping weaknesses. For Normal type players, this should aid in teambuilding, significantly. It also helps with the overall power of Normal teams, since many Normal Pokemon in the game had... underwhelming stats, to say the least.

View attachment 21870

This Drapion, based on a water scorpion, is mainly here to give more options for Water and Poison Gyms. If you are a fan of Drapion, or if you want a bulky Pokemon with a tanky typing, Drapion is a solid choice.

With the release of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, we are introduced to the concept of Convergent Pokemon, a new regional variant of Pokemon. Two Convergent Pokemon are planned for Pokemon This Gym of Mine, mainly to aid some weaker types. Without giving away too much, A Grass/Rock type and Fire/Electric type are both planned and are in development!

View attachment 21878
A variant for Salamence based of the Jabberwock from Alice in Wonderland. I'll be honest. I'm not sure why I added this Pokemon in. Dragon is already a very powerful type and Dragon does not add much to Psychic outside of massive stats. Maybe something will come to me, I'm not sure.

In addition, some changes have been made to existing Pokemon, or Pokemon I have teased before:
Early Normal types and Bug types have had their stats slightly buffed. Pokemon like Sentret and Beedrill have been given a slight boost to help them stay relevant in the late game. It isn't anything major, but it is enough that they can still hold their own without having to give them major team support.

Yes, Sandile is finally available to be captured. Trust me, I checked as I was typing this out. In addition, Durant and Skarmory will be made available to help out the Bug and Flying Gyms respectively. Speaking of the Bug Gym, Araquanid and Golisopod can be found in game, further fleshing out the originally weak typing.

View attachment 21871
So, in further researching potential new Pokemon for TGOM, I came across some information that has been bothering me. Apparently, the imagery I had based Wendigar off of were not based on the wendigo, like I thought, but were actually based on the wechuge, a Canadian monster that, while similar to the wendigo, is its own distinct entity... While this likely bothers nobody except myself, I have elected to rename Wendigar into Wechugar. Otherwise, it is just as good of a Pokemon as it was in version 4.2.3.

A while back, I teased an evolution for Lopunny called Punkeary, a Normal/Dark evolution for the line. Normally, I do not tease anything that isn't set in stone, but looking into Lopunny further, I had been leaning away from its current evolution. For one, it is quite similar in origin and typing to Obstagoon, which will be appearing in v5.0.0. In addition, Lopunny's moveset got me thinking of a different path I could take it, one that could give it more of an identity and a place in game...
View attachment 21872
Meet the rabbit the magician pulled from their hat and made their assistant! Mageary can be seen on the streets of Opulance City entrancing kids and adults alike, while subtly stealing whatever it can from their pockets and bags. Mageary can be a support Pokemon or a solid Special Attacker. Since the Normal Gym tends to lack both type coverage and stats, Mageary acts as an alternate Fairy for people who may find Wigglytuff underwhelming. It still has a new ability that ignores negative item effects, so it still has that utility for players who were excited for that!
Hopefully, you all enjoy this new evolution. While I was happy with Punkeary, I feel Mageary just fits what Lopunny was trying to be a bit better while helping it feel unique compared to other Pokemon available in Pokemon This Gym of Mine.

View attachment 21873
I'm so sorry Aggron fans... The thing is just too strong. I tried to nerf it by replacing Shift Gear with Dragon Dance, but it is still far too strong. This Pokemon can easily carry most Gyms that can access it with very little risk. As such, Dragon Dance and Shift Gear are being removed from its natural learnset... However, it can still learn Shift Gear via breeding! It will be a bit hard to do, since it is such a powerful option for it, but it will be available for players who are willing to go the extra mile for it. Despite that, Umbal Aggron is still an absolutely powerful Pokemon. Also, some changes are being planned to help make its sprite more distinct compared to Aggron, so stay tuned!

Hopefully, these changes will help with the game's balance and player's experience.

In addition to changes to Pokemon, every area in Pokemon This Gym of Mine is being redone in a new tileset! Take a look:
View attachment 21874
View attachment 21875View attachment 21876
These areas were made using tilesets made by Magiscarf, Kyle_Dove, and SailorVicious. The credits will be updated when version 5.0.0 is available to the public. Speaking of credits, the multiple save file plugin made by http404error will be implemented, as well as KRLW890's Improved AI. These two plugins should help with two other issues players have had by making the game much more friendly towards multiple playthroughs and making the AI less... confusing.

There is still a metric ton planned for the final release! I hope you are all as excited for what's to come as I am to share it with you all! Originally, I had planned to release v5.0.0 around late fall, early winter. However, I'm not sure if that would be as possible as I thought... So, I plan to release a demo for v5.0.0 around that time! Since it is a massive overhaul of the game, I'd like to give a taste of what's to come before the game is fully ready, to see what people have to say. Until then, I will be hard at work making this update the best it can be!

Welshy76
kantobelv
bobalink
TheTealEmerald
itsmeofcours
ABCNossehc
FeralPango
KassMeOutside
overevaluated
Dragon_Slobber
Lukas Alexander
SinistarBeware
Shecrio
3rik1994
Sirst
norelation
SlayerBRK
dndtherapist
bradbingham
Giokaiser
Toohsaka
Swordsy10
Raiden8492
OpenBracket
MinnieGG
Gametheus

Thank you all for your patience. I made a promise to you all and I intend to keep it. I hope you all are excited for this update's release. And especially thank you for keeping a secret for so long. I promise I won't be keeping you waiting longer than I must.

This is going to be fun to see when it comes out but does this mean Miltank is in the current version or is going to be added in the update?

LightAwper

Rookie
hey everyone. I can't seem to be able to take a vacation. The just tells me to "come look for her if i want a vacation" over and over.

Alonooo

Rookie

View attachment 21869

View attachment 21870

View attachment 21878

View attachment 21871

View attachment 21872

View attachment 21873

View attachment 21874
View attachment 21875View attachment 21876

Welshy76
kantobelv
bobalink
TheTealEmerald
itsmeofcours
ABCNossehc
FeralPango
KassMeOutside
overevaluated
Dragon_Slobber
Lukas Alexander
SinistarBeware
Shecrio
3rik1994
Sirst
norelation
SlayerBRK
dndtherapist
bradbingham
Giokaiser
Toohsaka
Swordsy10
Raiden8492
OpenBracket
MinnieGG
Gametheus

this looks FIREEEEE i hope this releases soon. i cant wait to play it

Omegas

Trainer
This is going to be fun to see when it comes out but does this mean Miltank is in the current version or is going to be added in the update?
No, Miltank will be added in v5.0.0. Glad to see you're excited!

hey everyone. I can't seem to be able to take a vacation. The just tells me to "come look for her if i want a vacation" over and over.
I'm assuming you already called the Gym Leader Hotline? If you did, talk to the receptionist at town hall.

this looks FIREEEEE i hope this releases soon. i cant wait to play it
Can't wait for you all to see it!

LightAwper

Rookie
No, Miltank will be added in v5.0.0. Glad to see you're excited!

I'm assuming you already called the Gym Leader Hotline? If you did, talk to the receptionist at town hall.

Can't wait for you all to see it!
I did call the gym leader Hotline and listened to everything they could say and the receptiinist still just says to come look for her for a vacation.

s4ngkakala

Revelation
Hi im new here and w the game overall. Just wondering is there any way to double speed? Im used to playing on emulator and no option to double speed is just weird to me. Thank you :)

Jasonplayzpokemon

Novice
Finally,sandile is up for the taking,False Start sounds like a support move instead of a attack move for me but no matter,thats just my opinion.

But i do have some more opinions.First,its weird that we have a regional map that isn't accurate to where we really are and i hope you change that.Second,i hope you can bring all the pokemon including the starters to the wild so that we have more to choose from instead if using a pokémon that doesn't have the same typing.Third,
maybe make 7 more to fit the "pokemon gym" vibes.

But other that that,theres not much to do after i beated the game.The final bos battle was actually kinda cool and the reward is awesome.I was surprised at first but thats kinda cool.But what does the "dev momento" do,i think you should make the moment game dev shane was about to give it,he said "and with all honor,i give you the DEV.you've made it this far and im proud of you".The description of the dev momento should said "this was given by game dev Shane ,he will always proud of you".

But im just giving my honest opinion and i know nothing about developing a game at all but i hope you read this and was inspired.Thats all,can't wait for v5.0.0 to come out.I hope you continue to update the game.

Hi im new here and w the game overall. Just wondering is there any way to double speed? Im used to playing on emulator and no option to double speed is just weird to me. Thank you :)
I don't think you can since its does not use an emulator but maybe theres a way.Mabe someone will give you the answer to your question.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetroWaffles

Rookie
this game looks super cool, but my absolute favorite pokemon (mankey) is not obtainable from what i understand? Im sure this is a problem for plenty of people, and no big deal, but please add my main man mankey!

Fraier998

Rookie
I have a trouble, after got the third badges, when I can have six pokemons, I can't enter to the gym, I thought that is 'cause that my gym guide said that she want vacations, then I used all of my vacations, and improved to 4th rank, and I still without enter to the gym, somebody can help me? Is there a trainer that I have to fight?

also, with this problem came that I cant find any pokemon when I cross the Transition cave

Jasonplayzpokemon

Novice
I have a trouble, after got the third badges, when I can have six pokemons, I can't enter to the gym, I thought that is 'cause that my gym guide said that she want vacations, then I used all of my vacations, and improved to 4th rank, and I still without enter to the gym, somebody can help me? Is there a trainer that I have to fight?

also, with this problem came that I cant find any pokemon when I cross the Transition cave
I think you should go to you're mail and see if there's a mail from "Edger"(the leader of the rouge rider).If you did you need to go to their base,go to the lower right to meet him in a room to challenge him but his team is an almost full-team of pseudo-legendary and his aggron with a base stats of 600(since aron is a starter).His team is all level 45 so use a pokemon that knows a ice type move thats not weak to dragon and a water type move for tyranitar.thats all maybe

genisage

Rookie
Hello everyone, I have a Mime Jr that I don't want to evolve, will I be able to cancel the evolution the moment it happens?? And how? Thank you!

Jasonplayzpokemon

Novice
Hello everyone, I have a Mime Jr that I don't want to evolve, will I be able to cancel the evolution the moment it happens?? And how? Thank you!
Hello genisage.I just seached it up and im please to tell you that there's a way, don't let you mime jr learn the move "mimic" and your set.Hope this help you.

Fraier998

Rookie
I think you should go to you're mail and see if there's a mail from "Edger"(the leader of the rouge rider).If you did you need to go to their base,go to the lower right to meet him in a room to challenge him but his team is an almost full-team of pseudo-legendary and his aggron with a base stats of 600(since aron is a starter).His team is all level 45 so use a pokemon that knows a ice type move thats not weak to dragon and a water type move for tyranitar.thats all maybe
Not, I just have have a mail about someone that is called "X" that want enter to my gym as gym trainer, I accepted them, but Never Met them cause I can't enter, maybe I broke the game? It's possible break the game for being stronger that I should to be?, since begin I trained my main pokemon, so I was fighting pokemons on level 20 or 30 with a pokemon of level 60

Jasonplayzpokemon

Novice
Not, I just have have a mail about someone that is called "X" that want enter to my gym as gym trainer, I accepted them, but Never Met them cause I can't enter, maybe I broke the game? It's possible break the game for being stronger that I should to be?, since begin I trained my main pokemon, so I was fighting pokemons on level 20 or 30 with a pokemon of level 60
I don't know either because i never meet the glitch before.Maybe try going to the district and to your first right, you'll see a guy.He has a quest for you about a ghost thats actually a girl looking around.Try that i guess and if not,the i don't know.Hope this help but if it doesn't,sorry.

Back