• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Entertainment Minecraft

Would you be interested in an RC Pixelmon server?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Don't bother.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't play Minecraft anyway.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Darius_Oak

The Snark Knight
Untitled-2.png

I like Minecraft. I imagine a lot of other people here like Minecraft, too. Let's talk about that.​

Now I consider myself to be fairly good at the game; come close to reaching The End in Hardcore mode more than once, but we know that my luck is either insanely good or insanely bad, so once one of those bad moments comes up it's over. These days I like seeing what I can do in Creative, particularly with Pixelmon and redstone. I also despise PvP unless it's a prior arrangement like a duel, war, game, something of the like. /keepinventory ON for me, please.

I'm also considering streaming it once I get some things figured out. Probably Hardcore mode, hopefully with some friends, from here or otherwise.

How do you play? Do you consider yourself good with your playstyle? Vanilla or modded? Favorite kind of server? Redstone proficiency? The game has so many different facets that anyone could speak at length of it. Go crazy.

I happen to be thinking of making a Pixelmon server for the forum (poll above), but that'll depend on interest and, of course, if the top dogs would sanction it. I already have my own server - I would just need to convert it. I'll leave a couple screenshots of something I did last night when I came up with the idea.
5906315eafcc6.png

59063179e098a.png

I used to play Minecraft a LOT when I was younger, and even now I periodically go through stages when I get into it again. I used to only really play single player and vanilla, but ever since a few years ago I've been playing on modded servers with friends every now and again. It's really a lot more fun when you can play with friends. I love being able to see what they're building, and also I like giving each other help, for example with items or fighting a boss together (my friends and I once punched the Ender Dragon to death :P)

manta

★★★★★
Yeah I used to play Minecraft a lot in my younger days, maybe got a bit obsessed with it. Now it's just boring to me, although I used to be brought back in by Pixelmon.

doof

banished doof
I only ever played a mobile version on my own phone, and while it was time-consuming, I just never got into it. I still don't know what draws people to it. Maybe it's because I never played online with anyone else, but still. I don't really think it's my type of game. Maybe I'll try it again sometime soon, just for fun. Though finding a diamond was always cooler that sliced bread.

Since I couldn't code for the past one/two weeks, I decided to pick it back up again. Missed 3 whole major versions, 1.9, 1.10 and 1.11. I thought I'd check if there was anything that caught my interest, and found out about the Observer. I remember that I used to do a lot of redstone (I was a cannoneer back in the day on factions) and got messing with that again. It's kind of like a creative outlet, redstone. You can make a lot of crazy and complicated contraptions, which I like. Sounds lame, but I definitely considered myself good back then.

Djaco75

MasterMind
Minecraft used to be one of my favourite games back in the day. I remember playing it heaps and creating all of these weird things. After a while, it got kinda boring, so I used some mods, which sort of made it fun for a few more months and then it kind of drifted away and Pokemon came!

I think the server is a good idea, but only if enough people go on it. It would be a shame to waste a lot of hard work for nothing.

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
Oooooooooooooh boy. Minecraft is one of those games where I only play it once every few months, but when I do I lose myself for days (sometimes weeks) in it. Generally singleplayer, exploring or building a wonky walled city because I suck too badly to actually take on the end game and don't know how to do anything else anyway.

Recently I've taken a liking to the Biomes o' Plenty mod, because I've played in enough dark forests and jungles to last me a life time and the cherry groves and redwood forests are soooo prettyyyyyyyyy.

@Dragonite Yes!! Biomes o' plenty really is a must when you're adding mods! My favourite biome from that mod are probably either Lavender Fields or the Cherry Grove like you said. I also really like the magical mods like Witchery, even if they're usually too complicated for me to really understand and get into. Mods that add animals are also really cool, but I really only like them when they have matching models and textures to the default animals, other wise they clash too much and just look out of place. For that reason I don't like mo creatures, and prefer mods like animals+.

Maruno

Essentials dev
Essentials Developer
I enjoy Minecraft. I haven't played it for quite a while, and have only recently come back to it - I'll still only play maybe once a week or so. I'm currently playing the Agrarian Skies 2 skyblock mod, and I used to play a little on the PokéCommunity vanilla server. I prefer modded over vanilla, although I'm not a huge fan of magic blocks that do whatever you want. I'm very keen on renewable stuff, like solar power and generating/growing resources.

Darius_Oak

The Snark Knight
I play it off and on, not much recently though. I rent a server and usually stick a bunch of mods on it. I don't think I could play vanilla after playing modded for so long.

Maybe I'll tweak the server and let community members on... we'll see.
If you do, I'd totally be on board. I helped run a Pix server as an admin a while back and know my way around most of the command mechanisms. Plus I can write up an interesting sort of mini-lore. Been poking around at that for a few hours, incidentally.

Automation and redstone are some of the most satisfying and enjoyable parts of Minecraft (vanilla or modded). I'll definitely play on a modded RC server to have some variation. I can't possibly code for a day straight. I've also got a fair amount of experience with modding and creating modpacks/plugins, so if anyone might need some assistance, I'll be your man.

With such an awesome community like Relic, I'm sure it'd be fun.

Radical Raptr

Bug Maniac
Oh boy, I have a heck of a lot of fun on minecraft servers!! I've been on two so far, and they were both fantastic.
The only problem is that over time I get bogged down with responsibilities, and less and less people get enthused to play, and we all stop and its sad :(

I get moods when I want to get back into it, but I can never play vanilla, its too tedious! but I have a close friend who loves to play vanilla, so its a struggle to will myself to play because I want to hang out with him, but also play modded versions, but also play the game with him and ugh
A relic server would be incredibly interesting :eyes:

Arma

A Martian Hyena
I never played pixelmon tbh n-n" But yeah, a minecraft server in general sounds nice~ been over a year since I played MC multiplayer though. I only recently got into playing mods too, I've played some ftb and tekkit before, but never really got into it. I'm really hooked on Pam's harvestcraft though.XD Why do I love farming so much...

rainefall

riley
Expo Team
I used to play Minecraft a lot. I still play it occasionally, but only modded. I've pretty much exhausted myself with vanilla Minecraft, and even when new updates come out I don't really play it. Mods however... Mmm...

The one vanilla thing that did interest me was redstone. I was never any good at complex circuits, but I remember seeing some giant redsone computer a few years ago and being mind blown. So mind blown I immediately downloaded the map onto my slow laptop from 2004 and tried to use it. You can guess the outcome.

Back