• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Tutorial Field Effects v2

Lil Savage the Rapper

Rookie
I also want to know if this is going to be updated? I haven't tried the script yet and so far have been able to get most things that were made for V18 work for v19.1 but.. I am lazy and would rather not mess with scripts for hours (because I am a noob and basic things can take me hours lol) So please let us know if you (or anybody) is planning on updating the script.. Don't leave it up to me. lol

BIGFriv

Mr. Bigglesworth
I have updated it for my game, but I keep forgetting to post here.
Mostly because I would need to delete my own changed and clean it up for the tutorial. I'll do it soon:tm: I promise.

SammyBoy

Rookie
I have updated it for my game, but I keep forgetting to post here.
@BIGFriv any timeline on when you'll post it haha. I've always loved the field effects of Reborn and I want to have their depth in my own game :)

BIGFriv

Mr. Bigglesworth
@BIGFriv any timeline on when you'll post it haha. I've always loved the field effects of Reborn and I want to have their depth in my own game :)

Sadly it has some stuff from my game, because of porting my game to v18, followed by v19 right after, I just started coding field effects for my own game first.

LINK HERE FOR RAR

So here you go, as it is in my game, I haven't cleaned it up properly yet, but maybe it will give you an idea of how it works, hopefully. Best I can do atm : (

pingas plight

Rookie
You can make it so that a move can activate them without any specific field being set up, right?
like, say, an ice-type status move that activates a ice field effect can be set to turn it into that field effect on plain terrain, correct?

SebastiaanZ

Trainer
Out of interest, in the version for v17.2, was there an additional script that was required to get those changes running?

For clarification: its for an old game of mine made in v17.2 and would take a lot of work to update to v18 or higher.

Last edited:

Doctorkaba

Rookie
Quick question if anyone is still watching this thread (I heard Big is updating this to v20.1)

I'm not having luck getting the basic forest field (the one Big has included in this plug-in) to work. I tested grassy terrain and it applies a damage bonus. However without grassy terrain, it doesn't give a damage bonus and it never displayed the field effect message. I've changed the metadata so forest environment/battle back is showing. And if I'm correct, this field should activate when the backdrop/battle back is the three forest files (the player base/enemy base/battle back)? No errors, the messages aren't appearing and the damage seems to be x1.0 still (I've tested vine whip on Ekans so many time lol).

Elsewise everything is super straightforward, thank you BigFriv!

Back