• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Edge of Reality (v2.08)

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
ezP5VUs.png

Introduction & Story

Welcome to Pokemon Edge of Reality, a game that brings a new and fascinating twist to the fan game genre! Here, you'll be thrust into an alternate reality with a brand new region to explore, known as Kavoenn. You'll experience and encounter many similar faces that you've seen in past Pokemon games, although they may act differently than you'd expect!

VgKklyQ.png

The game begins in Sinnoh, with you, as the protagonist, have just defeated champion Cynthia. After winning, you travel to Turnback Cave, looking to battle the legendary Pokemon, Giratina. But the battle is not as straightforward as it seems...

Features

• Search for your starter among 9 different and unorthodox Pokemon! (With updated move-sets and stats.)
  • Meet almost every canon character from the Pokemon games!
  • All Pokemon Gen 1 - 7 will be available to catch.
  • Pokemon can follow you!
  • An original region and story in an alternate world!
  • Mega Evolution!
  • New moves and maybe even a couple different "Regional Variants".
  • Every Town, City, Route, or Cave has a different theme!
  • Difficulty Modes!
  • Tons of Challenge Modes available! (Nuzlocke, Randomizer, etc...)
  • Achievement System with Rewards!
  • Quality of Life features, such as a Fast Forward Toggle, Quick Save, and functionality for Multiple Save Files.

Starter Locations
If you're struggling finding the Pokemon you want, this is for you!
Easiest to find:
Pancham: Can be found in the back left corner in the Kitchen/Living room
nibbling on a plant.

Slakoth: Located upstairs in the bedroom lying on a bed.

Duskull: Found in the basement in a Pokemon Center healing machine.

Hidden:
Noibat: Also found in the basement in a PC near the back of the room

Sewaddle: Located on the brown table inside the flower pot.

Trubbish: Can be found in the trashcan nearest the entrance to the upstairs bedroom.

Well hidden:
Mareep can be found somewhere in the bedroom. (If you look closely, you can spot the Mareep moving around by it's dust cloud)

This Pokemon is located in the kitchen. However, before being able to take it, you have to locate the file about the vulpix on a computer.

To get the a shiny Aron as your starter, you must enter the correct pass-code at a bookcase to enter a secret room. There is a diary written on a desk somewhere which should give you a clue to the password.

Screenshots

gVFlGVb.jpg

Yah8Juy.jpg

K1uIs39.jpg

gXea0NV.jpg

4pmV0RO.jpg

mjvYjDL.jpg

MZN5abr.jpg

EzwIAKy.jpg

vkjzmbj.jpg

Edge of Reality v1.0 Trailer

Demo Download and Credits

A new demo has been released! Version 2.0 adds a ton of new content, bringing the total playtime to around 10-20 hours! The full list of additions and changes can be read below!
Cities and Routes:
  • Added Lenespi City, which includes:
    • The Lenespi Recycling Center
    • Lenespi Apartment Complex
    • A fake beach
    • A bunch of side quests
    • An optional Tree Battle Challenge Event
    • Like 30 houses (what was I thinking smh)
  • Added Vivion Pass
  • Added Vivion City, which includes:
    • The Vivion Lighthouse (Which has been invaded)
    • A real beach!
    • A boat which cannot be ridden (yet)
  • Added half of Seaspring Slope, which includes
    • Chuck's Dojo
      • This place has a lot of puzzles
      • hehehe
    • A roadblock
  • Added Duskmire Wasteland (The final area of the demo)

Other Additions:
  • New Achievements System!
  • 4 or 5 Major battle events!
  • Collect Sidney's Sapphire!
  • Readjusted the difficulty to make the Normal difficulty easier.
  • Erased Easy mode, now there is only Normal, Hard, and Ruthless.
  • Improved the repel system to make it much more user-friendly!
  • Various Bug fixes
  • Lowered the game's file size a bit
  • Added gameplay improvements from the content in Demo v1.0
  • Finally, added a couple easter eggs! ;)

The download available currently is Demo v2.08, and can be downloaded Here! (Download the 2.08 file, unless for some reason you want to download a previous verison.)

If you are updating the game from v1.0 and want continue with that save file, that's fine.
But when you boot the game from your save file, you'll receive an error message. Click ok, as it WON'T crash your game.
Save over your old file and then everything should be fine from there-on.

To continue using your old save file, follow this:
  • Rename your save file folder to "Edge of Reality Demo" (without the quotation marks)
    • To locate your save file on Windows:
      • C:\Users(your name)\Saved Games\Edge of Reality Demo 1_0
    • On Mac:
      • Right-click the app, Show Package Contents, drive_c, Program Files, Edge of Reality Demo 1_0
  • In all future demo's this problem shouldn't matter as releases will have the same save file name.

As a added note, Pokemon Edge of Reality is not a completed game, so there may be unexpected bugs and/or crashes, so save often and please report them in the thread. Also, any feedback on the difficulty of the game on any of the separate difficulty modes is appreciated!

--RPG Maker:
Enterbrain

--Pokemon Essentials:
Poccil
Flameguru
Maruno
FL.
P-Sign

--Elite Battle System
Luka SJ!

--Title Screen:
Luka again
https://fontmeme.com/pixel-fonts/ - The Edge of Reality Logo

--Sprites/Artwork/Tilesets:

Bulbapedia.net
Amethyst
Noscium
Quanyails
Zermonious
GeoIsEvil
KyleDove
ThePurplest
RM2K3Kid - For ripping the D/P Overworld Sprites.
ultrademise (from reliccastle, made the OW's for the items in my game.)
Diegotoon20 (Mimikyu OW)\
Princess Phoenix and José de la Sierra (Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds)
piphybuilder88 (Gen 7 OW's for Alolan Forms)
Mr Sunshine (All of the other Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds not done by the people above)
KleinStudio
izzyvicious (Hala, Burnett, and AZ Overworlds)
Tricko1 - Ripped the Mega Evolution Sound FX, Mega Evolution Cries (with help from Norbert Crescent), and the Mega Stone Icons! (with help from Ploaj)
Nx-kun, Lemon, and Sparta (Gen 4 Trainer Sprites)
PurpleZaffre - TONS of Overworlds: Ghetsis, N, Colress, NeoPlasma and Plasma Grunts, Flannery, Brawly, Juan, and Lorelei)
PurpleZaffre - Private Investigator, Pokemon Breeders, and Dragon Tamer (all commissioned by maicerochico)
JIKARORIGINAL - Guzma Gen 5 OW (Formatted to 4th gen by me.)
Clowcardruler
Venom12
chasemortier
Wergan & PurpleAladdin
Beliot419 (All the Sun and Moon Trainer Sprites)
Zender1752 (made 5th gen styled 7th gen overworlds, formatted and made unto the 4th gen style by me) (Even just redoing a Overworld made me realize how difficult and tedious it really is, so thank you to everyone who provided free OWs!)
tebited15 (Lucas Back sprite)
PokemonBrendan (Dawn Back sprite)
spritemight (Fogs and Panoramas)
Kuruttra (Oranguru Fan Art)
WilliamGJ and Rayd12smitty (Waterfall tiles)
Phyromatical
zetavares852
EVoLiNa
RadicalRaptr
EpicDay
Thurpok
UltimoSpriter
Dewitty
Prince Legandario
MinorThreat0987
TyranitarDark
kaitoooo
WesleyFG
BoOmxBiG
CrimsonTakai
ThatsSoWitty
UltimateTraveler
SpartaLazor
Alucus & Calis Projects
Speedialga
Pokemon-Diamond
Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
07harris/Paranoid
19dante91
27alexmad27
Alistair
Alucus
Alucus
Atomika
Bakura155
Blue Beedrill
Boomxbig
Bulbapedia and Bulbaforums
chimcharsfireworkd
Chio
CNickC/CNC
Flood
Fused
G-olden
help14
Jesse TBPro
lordindy
Kizemaru_Kurunosuke
klnothincomin
Kuroda-Taiki
Newtiteuf
Novus
Pokemon_Diamond
PrinceLegendario
Reck
Red-Gyrados
REMY35
RHN
Saurav
Scarexshivaking
Seiyouh
SL249
spaceemotion
spypoke megafc
ThePokemonChronicles
Gallanty
Hydrargirium
Deo - Custom Day/Night Tones
leparagon (Guzma Pixel art; Vs & Trainer Sprites)

--Music:
Eric Matyas @ www.soundimage.org
RetroSpecter
Kamex
Vanilluxe Pavillion
Kunning Fox - Wild Battle remix and Trainer Battle remix, but a lot of other amazing tracks as well
Sonicwave1000 - Most notably the "Gurudd" Theme (which was actually a Zelda remix lol)
Lugigigas - His amazing "Epic Orchestrated" battle remixes (Duskmire Town Music)
PokeRemixStudio
ZameJack

Jobless Music - The Gym Leader's last Pokemon theme in RSE's soundfont
Aaron Krogh - Made ton's of music formated for RPGMaker that I used here!
Check out his soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/aaron-anderson-11
RyanA (RPGMaker Forums)
SCythuz (soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/scythuz) - Made some more amazing music!
TheBrogrammer (soundcload: https://soundcloud.com/thebrogrammer) - Town Music!
Nintendo/GameFreak-Pokemon RSE/ORAS Music
StarterKit - A lot of the music in there is used.
Giratina Remixes/Azure - Wild Batlle Victory Music (Remix from G/S/C)
FL.Remix - Kanto Gym Leader Remix
Random Talking Bush - Ripped modern Pokemon cries. Resource provided by Rhyden.
TGH - PMD Remasters
HellboundDochi - Super Paper Mario Sammer's Kingdom Remix
Jake Burrone - Ghost Girl Battle Theme
Pokken Tournament OST
Pokemon Rumble Blast OST

--Scripts:
Marin (Tons of stuff from Relic Castle and Pokecommunity)
LukaSJ (Tons more stuff from Relic Castle and Pokecommunity)
JV (Nuzlocke Script)
carmaniac (Speech Bubbles Script)
Swdfm and Mr. Gela (Password Script)
Jonas930 (New Replace Party Pokemon Script)
KleinStudio (Grass Animation, Fly Animation, Footprints, and Pond Bubbles Scripts)
Mr.Gela (Name-window Script, plus extra windowskin graphics)
Mej71 (Following Pokemon, challenge mode scripts, name-windowskin script, and Pokeballs in the Poke-center script)
Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12 (Help with Following Pokemon Script)
Ulithium_Dragon (Pokemon sprites on moniter script)
Joltik (Trainer Scale Evolving Pokemon Script)
WolfPP, rekman - Couple of Move animations for EBS

--Essentials PBS Editor Program v1.3:
Marin
PinkFluffyDragon

--Gen 7 Sprites and PBS:
Zeak6464
Tapu Fini
SpartaLazor
Leparagon
BlackOutG5
Rune
M3rein
Rigbycwts
Rot8er_ConeX
James Davy
Luka S.J.
Amethyst
Jan
Zumi
Bazaro
Koyo
Smeargletail
Alex
Noscium
N-kin
fishbowlsoul90
princess-phoenix
DatLopunnyTho
Conyjams
kaji atsu
The cynical poet
LuigiPlayer
Falgaia of the Smogon S/M sprite project
Pikafan2000
Lord-Myre
Lepargon
Amethyst
Jasper Fox
MillaLya

--Extra Move Animations:
Pkmn.master
KLNOTHINCOMIN
HarmonyConcept

--Pokemon Summary Screen:
Lucidious89 (IV stars displayed in the summary screen)
Akizakura16 (Also made or compiled a lot of other resources found in my game from relic castle and deviantart. Plus, she made some tutorials on fogs and tilesets that helped a ton.)

--Special Thanks:
Atomic Reactor (Youtube, where I first learned about Pokemon Essentials.)
My guy Kyle, who bug tested the game for me and provided moral support ;)

--Copyright Disclaimer:
Credit: Nintendo, Game Freak, Creature Inc., TPCi
Original Composition : Junichi Masuda, Go Ichinose
Original Designer : Ken Sugimori
OST - Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire music/Black and White music
--------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976,
allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism,
comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.
Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.
Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."
All music and content included within this game is owned by the
respective artists and no copyright infringement is intended.

Thank you to everyone who helped in the creation of this game, whether personally or through resources!
I hope all of you enjoy this demo and all feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:

younglink198

Rookie
I don't know if this character is important to the progression of the game since I'm currently stuck. But there is this hiker on the bottom floor of rumble cave on the far left side pass the blond girl. Whenever I go up to him and try to talk with him the game crashes.

Very fun game though regardless :)

Wiispeed03

Novice
I don't know if this character is important to the progression of the game since I'm currently stuck. But there is this hiker on the bottom floor of rumble cave on the far left side pass the blond girl. Whenever I go up to him and try to talk with him the game crashes.

Very fun game though regardless :)

Oh shoot, that's another mistake on my part... Yeah he's pretty important for progression, as he gives you a big nugget if you didn't have one already.
I must've made a mistake when making an update, so I'll get that fixed as soon as possible!

Wiispeed03

Novice
Alright, so v2.03 is available, which mainly just fixes that crash in Rumble cave, but also adds a couple of adjustments!
Download the latest version Here!

torchickennuggets

Rookie
This game is so good, and I’m genuinely looking forward to future updates!

The story is not overly convoluted for a game that deals with an alternate dimension. It rather deals with it like a traditional Pokemon game would - instead of getting carried away the story remains contained but still shrouded in intrigue. And giving mainline characters different personalities and such involved roles always keeps things interesting.

The addition of Gen 7 pokemon is such a big bonus to me, the in-game sprites look fantastic! Fakemon are always hit and miss, and I’m glad this game doesn’t make use of them.

The region and it’s towns are done really well too! It’s a bit of a mission to travel between towns without repels though.

The puzzles aren’t long but can get tedious - no complaints though, it’s done in a manner that adds to one’s sense of accomplishment.

Personally I liked the music choices in this game, it’s not exactly traditional Pokemon music but it’s not tasteless either and contributes immensely to the atmosphere. Sometimes the tracks don’t loop or trigger on certain cues but it’s to be expected for a demo.

I could say more but I’d rather someone experience the game for themselves.

Overall, the immersion is great. I hope this game gets more recognition in the future if the quality stays the same or improves.

Wiispeed03

Novice
This game is so good, and I’m genuinely looking forward to future updates!

The story is not overly convoluted for a game that deals with an alternate dimension. It rather deals with it like a traditional Pokemon game would - instead of getting carried away the story remains contained but still shrouded in intrigue. And giving mainline characters different personalities and such involved roles always keeps things interesting.

The addition of Gen 7 pokemon is such a big bonus to me, the in-game sprites look fantastic! Fakemon are always hit and miss, and I’m glad this game doesn’t make use of them.

The region and it’s towns are done really well too! It’s a bit of a mission to travel between towns without repels though.

The puzzles aren’t long but can get tedious - no complaints though, it’s done in a manner that adds to one’s sense of accomplishment.

Personally I liked the music choices in this game, it’s not exactly traditional Pokemon music but it’s not tasteless either and contributes immensely to the atmosphere. Sometimes the tracks don’t loop or trigger on certain cues but it’s to be expected for a demo.

I could say more but I’d rather someone experience the game for themselves.

Overall, the immersion is great. I hope this game gets more recognition in the future if the quality stays the same or improves.

Wow, thank you so much! I've been watching your series of the play through on YouTube and I've really enjoyed it. I'm glad you liked the game and thank you for all the feedback! I'm working on the next update right now and I think it's gonna be great! (Might be awhile though haha)

Thanks again for playing!

Jewelwriter

Rainbow Mage
Ok, so another patch, v2.08, has been released. Some more routine bug fixes, so download here!
Might need to edit the post where it all begun and replace the old link with the new in case people don't want to search for your newest version.

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
Might need to edit the post where it all begun and replace the old link with the new in case people don't want to search for your newest version.
They both point to the same Drive folder, so people can grab whatever version they want.

Jewelwriter

Rainbow Mage
Ok. Just being a bit of a worry-wort. Sorry on that.

xiaomaome

Novice
something ive noticed is that the some routes are overly long and puzzle like. rumble cave was honestly exhaustively long and to be hit with a maze like lenespi forest right afterwards was.........................................really something. for a hardcore fan? nowehere near enough to make u quit. for a casual? I nearly cried. for future reference, i would suggest toning down the difficulty just a bit.

Last edited:

xiaomaome

Novice
just wondering: are starters the only ones with a revamped moveset? There quite a few pkm that i love but just don't have access to a diverse movepool that i would love to use if possible, serperior being a prime example. i saw that u were editing movesets and was hoping that it might apply to other pkm. have u made a firestone available yet by any chance?

Last edited:
Back