• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Ask Me Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J1

Extra
1.When you create a whole system you do it from scratch or use the pre-existing code?
2. How do you got interest in fan gaming?
3.Do you like eventing and mapping?
P

Aldo

Adventurer
What's your preference between leading a team and being part of one? And why

What's a must have for a project that's looking to recruit you?

1.When you create a whole system you do it from scratch or use the pre-existing code?
2. How do you got interest in fan gaming?
3.Do you like eventing and mapping?
P
1. As I said already, I code from scratch.
2. I replayed BW/BW2 during summer break on my DSi and wondered if it was possi make your own or edit it.
3. Eventing not so much, mapping is alright.

What's your preference between leading a team and being part of one? And why

What's a must have for a project that's looking to recruit you?

I don't know honestly. I'd like to one day have an actual team that DOES THEIR JOB and is decent at it, and is pretty motivated. That'd be so much more fun.

To get me on someone's team (and this probably applies to many others), they must:
- Have a leader who actively engages in every area (music, mapping, eventing, programming), at the very least by providing tasks and keeping track of progress;
- Have a dedicated leader who is or tries to be online daily;
- Have a fully (or at least up to release) fletched story which is good and interesting;
- Know what they're doing and have a solid dev plan;
- Have potential. Something I judge upon when I come across any game.

Simeo

Normal-Type Self Proclamed Expert
Which languages are you speaking (Non counting english?)
I saw you design yourself as "neither" gender on pokecommunity, is it a troll, or are you really considering yourself as non binary?
How can you be so popular :3
If you'd chose between making the best game and playing the best game?
Do you play the games you're developing?

Which languages are you speaking (Non counting english?)

Dutch is my first language, then comes English, and although I'm not fluent in French I'd say that's my third language.

I saw you design yourself as "neither" gender on pokecommunity, is it a troll, or are you really considering yourself as non binary?

Probably something I thought was funny when I made my account. I'm just a boi.

If you'd chose between making the best game and playing the best game?

Making for sure. That'd give me way more satisfaction.

Do you play the games you're developing?

Depends. I'd obviously play the definite, final product, but until then... Only to test, and what's necessary.

A.J1

Extra
1. What makes your script different from other?
2.which processor are you using?
3. Which game are you developing now?
4.Which is your perfect day?

A.J1

Extra
1. What was your first code in rgss
2. What motivates you when you gets stuck while doing coding
3. What makes you feel better except coding?

Simeo

Normal-Type Self Proclamed Expert
Dutch is my first language, then comes English, and although I'm not fluent in French I'd say that's my third language.

Probably something I thought was funny when I made my account. I'm just a boi.

Making for sure. That'd give me way more satisfaction.

Depends. I'd obviously play the definite, final product, but until then... Only to test, and what's necessary.

1- Nice ! I love that in english forums there are a lot of people that are actually non english people because that means there are so much diveristy in languages people speak :3 (Besides, I'm French hahaha)
2- I see :3 That tickled my curiosity because I also answered "neither" in a pokemon game when we asked me just because It seemed funny, so I thought that could be like that for you :3
3- You seem to be very invested in what you create, I like that ^^ Are you a perfectionist?

1. What makes your script different from other?
2.which processor are you using?
3. Which game are you developing now?
4.Which is your perfect day?

1. I have a very unique way of coding UI in RGSS apparently. I haven’t seen anyone do it the way I do before. Aside from that, I have my own naming convention, and I prefer << over .push for instance. But there’s not any major difference I’d say.
2. Intel i5-6... 6 something. 6500? 6300? I dunno. It’s 2 - 3 years old I think.
3. The Outsider (originally for the game jam, we’ll have more details later on), Phoenix Rising and Ethereal Gates.
4. Whenever people understand me and don’t ask annoying questions, I wake up on time, etc etc

1. What was your first code in rgss
2. What motivates you when you gets stuck while doing coding
3. What makes you feel better except coding?

1. My Sun & Moon pack on PokéCommunity. But it’s seriously awful.
2. Probably just playing a (non-Pokémon) game or watching some random Youtube videos, or even getting some food and something to drink.
3. Eating. I love to eat especially because i physically cannot get fat ok next question

1- Nice ! I love that in english forums there are a lot of people that are actually non english people because that means there are so much diveristy in languages people speak :3 (Besides, I'm French hahaha)
2- I see :3 That tickled my curiosity because I also answered "neither" in a pokemon game when we asked me just because It seemed funny, so I thought that could be like that for you :3
3- You seem to be very invested in what you create, I like that ^^ Are you a perfectionist?

Am I a perfectionist?
It really depends - with my public resources, not really. I make them because I enjoy it, and I only really release them so others could potentially make use of them. I only update or work on them when I’m feeling like doing so, or when I actually need it myself.

With my games I’d like to be perfectionist, but in Phoenix Rising’s case that’s a shit load of work which will take a long while (but am trying nonetheless).

You didn’t ask but I already wrote this because I thought you did and I cba to erase this, so, with school I’m far from perfectionist too. I barely study but I still get great grades - not perfect, but by far enough to get me through (between 7 and 9 out of 10, about)

A.J1

Extra
1 . how do you imagine in your scripting utility that the methods/class /module were going to be used in other resources.
2.why don't you post every resources on reliccastle which is in pokecommunity.
3.how do you understand or do graphics programming in rgss.

Aldo

Adventurer
What made you learn programming?

Have you ever tried spriting? If yes, how did it go?

What's a thing that you find lacking when you write a script?

1 . how do you imagine in your scripting utility that the methods/class /module were going to be used in other resources.
2.why don't you post every resources on reliccastle which is in pokecommunity.
3.how do you understand or do graphics programming in rgss.

1. It’s mostly for my own usage. Certain things that don’t exist or aren’t ideal I write something else for.
2. PC and RC both have all my resources now as far as I know.
3. Read up on what you can all do with RGSS, look at others' examples, and just practise a lot. Get a grasp of what everything does, what it means, etc.

What made you learn programming?

I wanted to learn how to implement gen 7 moves/abilities/items into Pokémon Essentials which I had difficulty with (as the quality of the final product clearly shows) and decided I wanted to look into it more.

Have you ever tried spriting? If yes, how did it go?

I've tried, but... I'm not cut out for it. The things I made were horrible.

What's a thing that you find lacking when you write a script?

The script editor's features. They're very primitive.

Favorite Pokemon?

Alolan Vulpix.

Last edited:

A.J1

Extra
From where you learn graphics programming in rmxp.

Do you have win 10 32 bit or 64 bit give answer surely.

A.J1

Extra
Then how did rgss work in your win I have updated to win 10 64 bit and it's not working. Do you know why. Can you help me.

A.J1

Extra
But my rpg maker xp is not installing on my pc. What you have done tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back