• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Rose Gold

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version

Pokémon Rose Gold
7CQKNiX.png

This game was made using Pokemon Essentials and RPG Maker XP

Plot

Playing from the perspective of Red, adventure around a new small area around Mt.Silver. Following the events of FireRed and LeafGreen several years later, Red stays up in the Tohjo region to train his beloved team. Use his long time companions to face tough foes and legendary creatures in this short journey through the Tohjo Region. Approximately 1.5 - 2 hours of gameplay.

Screenshots

7LDkZQG.png

F1Ah52U.png

Notes

This game was made just over the span of a month for Relic Castles 2016 Game Jam. There are a few things I would have liked to improve, but alas, here we are, at the deadline. Other than the things I'd fix or add, I think it turned out to be a pretty solid project, and I hope you all enjoy it.
-The game ends after you battle the last boss on the top of Mt.Silver. But, a few more events open up after that if you want to go find them (3 legendaries and 2 battles).
-I'd suggest playing with battle animation off. I didn't make any for this game, so it's all mediocre stock animations, plus the battles are faster with them off.
-I'd suggest playing with Shift style set to off for added challenge.
-Most bugs have been fixed (other than graphic glitches in the battle system) but please report any you find!
-Check your PC at the beginning of the game.

Credits

Special thanks to Cilerba and Kiedisticelixer for lending a hand to the project getting finished.
[Sprites and Tiles]
Nintendo/Gamefreak
Zeo
Dragoon
Magic-Scarf
The-Red-eX (most of the tiles came from them)
TheGreatBlaid

[Scripts]
Maruno (game wouldn't be possible without the Essentials kit by Maruno)
Poccil
Luka SJ
mej71
Kleinstudio
Poccil

Download

Download

Last edited:

Nerdy-Wan Kenobi

Rookie
I extracted the 7z and it's a bunch of Windows/DOS exe's and I'm on Mac. I know I can use Wine/Winebottler/Wineskin but that's hard. Plz help. Could somebody give me a remade ROM download?

I extracted the 7z and it's a bunch of Windows/DOS exe's and I'm on Mac. I know I can use Wine/Winebottler/Wineskin but that's hard. Plz help. Could somebody give me a remade ROM download?
This isn't built as a ROM hack, it's made as an RPG Maker game. A ROM download would require rebuilding the entire game through romhacking, which is a lot harder than trying to get it to run with Wine.

Back