• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon: Legends of the Arena

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
I9gC70u.png

THE FINAL UPDATE

6Ykl0qy.gif

DOWNLOAD LINK
MIRROR #1
MIRROR #2

Introduction

Welcome to Pokémon: Legends of the Arena! This is a fan game that I started over ten years ago - one that takes the format of eight gyms, an evil team, and the Elite Four, and spins it in a few new directions.

Plot

Five years ago the land of Aria was on the brink of a Civil War. A man fighting for a supposedly just cause had divided the population, with some prepared to risk their lives for a greater cause, while others were determined to maintain peace. The cause of this conflict? The International Pokémon Championships.

A tradition for almost thirty years, the IPCs are the most prestigious and widely-known competition for a trainer to prove his worth. Their purpose is to allow anyone the chance for success, for fame, fortune, and honour. Trainers from across the globe come to participate in the annual tradition. Stars have risen and fallen solely on their reputation as a competitive trainer. Yet the IPC's tolerant attitude to its participants was a double-edged sword, as they learnt with the troublesome Bryce, and only through luck did the country avoid societal collapse.

Flash forward five years, and an ambitious young man is applying for the championships with his brother. The Plazadown Qualifiers are imminent, and he's decided to try his luck. He knows it'll be challenging, but it's a challenge he's willing to take - and. along with the support of his brother, nothing can stop them.

Although it should be said that neither of these young heroes have quite grasped the concept that there can only be one winner...

Features
  • Travel around a vast & diverse region, competing in eight different rounds of the tournament before reaching the final
  • Engage in a rich RPG storyline, involving cults, celebrities, and plenty of Pokémon battles - all seen through the eyes of a main character who talks back
  • Choose from seven Eevee-based starters, determined by a personality quiz at the start of the game
  • Engage in plenty of side quests, including treasure hunting, plant smoking, and a trip through time itself
  • Multiple endings
  • Over 13 hidden legendaries waiting to be discovered...
HDjAYMS.png

Credits
  • Kyledove (Tiles)
  • Chimcharsfireworkd (Tiles)
  • Newtiteuf (Tiles)
  • PurpleZaffre (Overworlds)
  • Poccil (Essentials)
  • Maruno (Essentials)
  • Naoshi Mizuta (Music)
  • Nobuo Uematsu (Music)
  • Kumi Tanioka (Music)
Other Links

Subreddit
Final Update Patch Notes
Guide to item & Pokémon locations (OUTDATED)
Twitter

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for future projects!

Last edited:

Virum

Rookie
Yeah I encountered something weird I found some of the wailmers saying end of the demo but I was on the final version

PokeBoy1238

Discord: PokeGuy1238 #3086
I downloaded the game and the graphics folder doesn't exist in the game folder. Is that normal?

WackyTurtle

Rookie
Yeah I encountered something weird I found some of the wailmers saying end of the demo but I was on the final version

You're not playing the final version lol. Make sure you extract the folder of the final update and click on the .exe in that folder.

Does anyone know where to find strength hm?

You get it through the story at the end of Chapter 7.

I downloaded the game and the graphics folder doesn't exist in the game folder. Is that normal?

Yes.

PokeBoy1238

Discord: PokeGuy1238 #3086
Ok thanks :)

MitchelOBL

Rookie
Umm i downloaded the game but as soon i leave the first building i get a error RPGS player not working any help? sorry i'm not good at computers or english

CHHKN

Rookie
I have to say THANK U THANK U THANK U....
Im not finished yet but this game is clearly one of the best ever....
the 2nd best imo right after uranium....
b4 i started this game i was like "he didnt put much work in this huh..."
because there are clearly fanmade games with better graphics and better designs and bla bla
but i decided to give it a run and im not disappointed....
the story is great...and i dont mean its just cool or something....its muthafukin super hyper mega great looooooooooool
i really would like to play more of your games....
i really dunno how to thank u for this and i dont even have good enough words to describe this game but i fukin love it...
THANK U MAN THANK U

I have to say THANK U THANK U THANK U....
Im not finished yet but this game is clearly one of the best ever....
the 2nd best imo right after uranium....
b4 i started this game i was like "he didnt put much work in this huh..."
because there are clearly fanmade games with better graphics and better designs and bla bla
but i decided to give it a run and im not disappointed....
the story is great...and i dont mean its just cool or something....its muthafukin super hyper mega great looooooooooool
i really would like to play more of your games....
i really dunno how to thank u for this and i dont even have good enough words to describe this game but i fukin love it...
THANK U MAN THANK U
OK...Im finished....
like i said great game...storyline is unbeatable...really...
but i have some questions....
1. Where is my fukin Rotom?
2. What happened to Max?
3. Whats with the girl who told ya to find her in the timeline ?

Worm

Rookie
So uh, I just made this account to thank you for this absolute experience of a game. I have been playing many fan games over these last few years, and to be totally honest I've hated about 80% of them, and recently not even the good ones got me feeling anything. Not only that but I've also been disappointed with the official stuff lately. But this one, this game you put here was just something else! I went into it not expecting much and you just straight blew me out of the water, you made me care about pokemon again, this is the best fan- nay, just plain out pokemon game I've played yet, or at least just the one that I've enjoyed the most . So again, thank for putting this amazing creation out for free.

p.s that sequel baiting at the end got me real good, whether or not you go through with it, I wish you the best!

armonte

Rookie
Where can I find ice beam or blizzard TM?

nvm It's in the ice tunnels.

Last edited:

Luismaster741

Rookie
Hi, I'm new and I wanted to play, you are a wonderful game recommended by Chronica and then I found the problem of I don't know how to play it on Android if I need a program or run it directly, oh something

Vermillion_Pengu

Rookie
Please help, trying to play but for whatever reason the BGM is not working.

Things I've tried:

- Check to see if BGM is disabled in game properties

- Check if the audio files are working and not corrupted

- Reinstall the game several times and deleted the save files

This isn't the first time I've played this game, and I believe I've had to reinstall Windows since last time, so I'm guessing It's a compatibility issue or I forgot to install something or whatever.

Here are my specs just in case:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor

Number of Cores: 2

Speed: 2.7 GHz

RAM: 4.0 GB

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series

Total Memory: 3.0 GB

Dedicated Memory: 512 MB

Driver Version: 15.201.1151.1008

Operating System: Windows 10 Version10.0.19041

Size: 64-bit

DirectX: 11.0

.NET: 4.8

Kei

Rookie
Hi, I've heard and read so much about Pokemon: Legends of the Arena and I really want to play it, but I don't know how, I have already downloaded it in my tablet but I don't know how to open it. Please help.

Versatez

Rookie
Hello, firstly i'd like to say that this game is absolutelly awesome. I've never played a Pokemon game with such an interesting story and captivating characters. Honestly, it's even better than the originals considering the less resources you guys probably have. Well, I've recommended this game to everyone who likes pokemon that i know, but i've been wondering if the sequel is being developed, and also.

SPOILERS

After I caught Giratina and the post credit scene came, I was stuck in the island. Cannonically this makes a lot of sense, but I'd like to continue the save and continue exploring the world. Is that possible? If so, how?

Again, I'm really grateful for the game you guys created, it's perfect. I hope that another one comes out even though it's been a few years...

Hello, firstly i'd like to say that this game is absolutelly awesome. I've never played a Pokemon game with such an interesting story and captivating characters. Honestly, it's even better than the originals considering the less resources you guys probably have. Well, I've recommended this game to everyone who likes pokemon that i know, but i've been wondering if the sequel is being developed, and also.

SPOILERS

After I caught Giratina and the post credit scene came, I was stuck in the island. Cannonically this makes a lot of sense, but I'd like to continue the save and continue exploring the world. Is that possible? If so, how?

Again, I'm really grateful for the game you guys created, it's perfect. I hope that another one comes out even though it's been a few years...
Also, thanks from Brazil!!

TheCountryRiolu

Rookie
Howdy! I was wondering where I could catch a Scyther, I can't seem to find any information on it, is it in the game?

Nutcase71733

Cooltrainer
I know the game was completed a while back but I cant remember a lot of the finer points of this game. Are there ability capsules/patches or nature mints? Last I checked they didnt and I dont play this enough to know for sure.

Nutcase71733

Cooltrainer
sorry for the double post but I think theres a major issue here. Its not game breaking but it appears Synchronize doesnt have its intended field effect as I have a jolly ralts with synchronize in my team's first slot and not a single pokemon over the course of three or four days of gameplay time has had a jolly nature.

Back