• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon: Legends of the Arena

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
I9gC70u.png

THE FINAL UPDATE

6Ykl0qy.gif

DOWNLOAD LINK
MIRROR #1
MIRROR #2

Introduction

Welcome to Pokémon: Legends of the Arena! This is a fan game that I started over ten years ago - one that takes the format of eight gyms, an evil team, and the Elite Four, and spins it in a few new directions.

Plot

Five years ago the land of Aria was on the brink of a Civil War. A man fighting for a supposedly just cause had divided the population, with some prepared to risk their lives for a greater cause, while others were determined to maintain peace. The cause of this conflict? The International Pokémon Championships.

A tradition for almost thirty years, the IPCs are the most prestigious and widely-known competition for a trainer to prove his worth. Their purpose is to allow anyone the chance for success, for fame, fortune, and honour. Trainers from across the globe come to participate in the annual tradition. Stars have risen and fallen solely on their reputation as a competitive trainer. Yet the IPC's tolerant attitude to its participants was a double-edged sword, as they learnt with the troublesome Bryce, and only through luck did the country avoid societal collapse.

Flash forward five years, and an ambitious young man is applying for the championships with his brother. The Plazadown Qualifiers are imminent, and he's decided to try his luck. He knows it'll be challenging, but it's a challenge he's willing to take - and. along with the support of his brother, nothing can stop them.

Although it should be said that neither of these young heroes have quite grasped the concept that there can only be one winner...

Features
  • Travel around a vast & diverse region, competing in eight different rounds of the tournament before reaching the final
  • Engage in a rich RPG storyline, involving cults, celebrities, and plenty of Pokémon battles - all seen through the eyes of a main character who talks back
  • Choose from seven Eevee-based starters, determined by a personality quiz at the start of the game
  • Engage in plenty of side quests, including treasure hunting, plant smoking, and a trip through time itself
  • Multiple endings
  • Over 13 hidden legendaries waiting to be discovered...
HDjAYMS.png

Credits
  • Kyledove (Tiles)
  • Chimcharsfireworkd (Tiles)
  • Newtiteuf (Tiles)
  • PurpleZaffre (Overworlds)
  • Poccil (Essentials)
  • Maruno (Essentials)
  • Naoshi Mizuta (Music)
  • Nobuo Uematsu (Music)
  • Kumi Tanioka (Music)
Other Links

Subreddit
Final Update Patch Notes
Guide to item & Pokémon locations (OUTDATED)
Twitter

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for future projects!

Last edited:

Mewleon

The Nyoomster
Ayyy lmao, excited to finally start playing this! Heard about this occasional times, and I'm looking forward to playing this!

Last edited:

entei

Novice
Yoo I played this game like two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Glad to have you back man, I'm hyped to give this new demo a playthrough.

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
>Gets Leafeon as my starter
>Only beats brother's Grimer after 30+ minutes of soft resetting Sand-Attack RNG
>Gets destroyed by the Pineco afterwards anyways.

I don't mind a good challenge, but this was unfair and cheap really. I came into this with an open mind, but this was too big of a turn off to continue the game. The game has a good choice of music though so props to that.

AgitatedLemon6

Novice
Like the game so far.
On the eeveelution moveset page, Umbreon's is pretty much empty.
Right now, my team is lvl 52 Espeon (Starter), lvl 46 Umbreon, lvl 42 Flareon, lvl 21 Vaporeon, lvl 1 Leafeon, and lvl 1 Jolteon
------------------------
>Gets Leafeon as my starter
>Only beats brother's Grimer after 30+ minutes of soft resetting Sand-Attack RNG
>Gets destroyed by the Pineco afterwards anyways.

I don't mind a good challenge, but this was unfair and cheap really. I came into this with an open mind, but this was too big of a turn off to continue the game. The game has a good choice of music though so props to that.

Retry it, and follow the guide to get Espeon as your starter, it will more or less wreck his stuff at lvl 18, if not, level it up once or twice. When you get to Breezeblock (In between 3rd and 4th Arena I think), Breed the Espeon with a Ditto (That you can catch in Citrus Gardens), and evolve that Eevee into an Leafeon with a Leafstone that you can get from Pahkets. (Note: At this point, your team should be around lvl 45-50)

Last edited:

SunGoddess23

Cooltrainer
I'm curious about how the shiny rate is for the game is it like the older games since this is pre-Black/White or is it like the newest games. I'm also curious of if I can find Riolu and if so where? It's my favorite Pokemon so I would love to have it on my team if it's on the game.

manta

★★★★★
I had an enjoyable time playing this game. The story is well written, and I like that it dives deep into the psyche of the main character (and to a lesser extent, the other major characters). Also, I enjoyed how you highlighted a different side character in each chapter. It helped to flesh out the cast a little more, even if they did basicially disappear after the chapter end.
Difficulty is pretty good, but I mainly used the starter Espeon so I didn't play like a typical player. Sometimes the level spikes were a bit nuts, and after bosses levels would often drop down around 10 levels, which did feel a bit ridiculous. The Capital felt empty sometimes, with the story content making up most of the events, I felt. Also, navigating some maps (such as the forest where everything turns black), was really really annoying and I didn't like it. Also I think Halfpeak Mountain feels a bit rushed, it's just another tedious maze and I had to look up a guide for it.
I did really appreciate how you gave access to every item in the game in the Department Store, as it made preparing for those endgame fights much more easy.
In addition, the ending felt a bit anticlimatic, I really wish Giratina's sacrifice wasn't in the story, it just felt a bit too much for a Pokémon game. I feel like you hit the nail on the head with the Max fight, I think if he got a bit more focus during the story, maybe have him be defeated a chapter later and/or have more scenes with him, it would be better. I wish he was the final boss instead of Giratina, since I oneshotted it and Sprout was just kind of there, especially since I didn't have to fight him.

All in all, it was an enjoyable experience, and I'm looking forward to see what you do next.

TheLuiz

The Mysterious Stranger
the only thing preventing this game from being perfect is focusing too much on Gen 1~4 and not having much Gen 5~7 mons.
Aside from that, a 9/10 experience that will serve as inspiration not just to me but countless game creators.

WackyTurtle

Rookie
I had an enjoyable time playing this game. The story is well written, and I like that it dives deep into the psyche of the main character (and to a lesser extent, the other major characters). Also, I enjoyed how you highlighted a different side character in each chapter. It helped to flesh out the cast a little more, even if they did basicially disappear after the chapter end.
Difficulty is pretty good, but I mainly used the starter Espeon so I didn't play like a typical player. Sometimes the level spikes were a bit nuts, and after bosses levels would often drop down around 10 levels, which did feel a bit ridiculous. The Capital felt empty sometimes, with the story content making up most of the events, I felt. Also, navigating some maps (such as the forest where everything turns black), was really really annoying and I didn't like it. Also I think Halfpeak Mountain feels a bit rushed, it's just another tedious maze and I had to look up a guide for it.
I did really appreciate how you gave access to every item in the game in the Department Store, as it made preparing for those endgame fights much more easy.
In addition, the ending felt a bit anticlimatic, I really wish Giratina's sacrifice wasn't in the story, it just felt a bit too much for a Pokémon game. I feel like you hit the nail on the head with the Max fight, I think if he got a bit more focus during the story, maybe have him be defeated a chapter later and/or have more scenes with him, it would be better. I wish he was the final boss instead of Giratina, since I oneshotted it and Sprout was just kind of there, especially since I didn't have to fight him.

All in all, it was an enjoyable experience, and I'm looking forward to see what you do next.

Regarding the spoiler - you know there's multiple endings, right?

Hi, I just started playing your game and I'm enjoying it very much, but I noticed you're using many of my overworld characters and I don't think you're crediting me in any way, you may have forgotten? (https://www.deviantart.com/purplezaffre/gallery/62859489/free-resources). In all of them, I do specify that I require credit, so I'd appreciate it very much if you did so :) and congratulations on completing the game!

WackyTurtle

Rookie
Hi, I just started playing your game and I'm enjoying it very much, but I noticed you're using many of my overworld characters and I don't think you're crediting me in any way, you may have forgotten? (https://www.deviantart.com/purplezaffre/gallery/62859489/free-resources). In all of them, I do specify that I require credit, so I'd appreciate it very much if you did so :) and congratulations on completing the game!

I'm so sorry! Thought I had but must have slipped my mind. I'll credit you in the original post and next time I release a patch I'll put you in the end credits as well.

paraloco

Rookie
Hey there! I just finished the game and I am here to congrats you for the amazing game, I really enjoyed it. Was an intense and creative game!. Cheers from Brazil.

Now let me say some other things (SPOILER)

Can you show me the location of the all legendaries? I am missing 3
I think you should let the player choose among all the starters, I particularly don´t like the 2° gen starters
I am really curious, what are the multiple endings? hahahaha.

One more time, Congratulations! Awesome game!

Kiiro

Rookie
Pokémon Legends of the Arena is amazing.
I really loved it: the story, the interactions, the characters and their background, the events and the cutscenes. Now i can only hope one day you'll release something new at the same or better level :0

MagallanX

서울 창남
May I translate the game to Spanish and French?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back