• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Overworld Shadows

Resource Overworld Shadows v1.0

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
Thank you so much! Also, to fix the weird bug where shadows don't appear until you get a Pokemon: (Credit to seth_Angel on PokeCommunity for this)

Was Vendily, not seth_Angel. Also, i made somes att today. Check the thread on PC Forum again.

About Following Script, i made some att too. Check the thread on PC Forum, into the latest posts.

boonzeet

Developer of Pokemon: Secrets of the Ages
Capture.png

I have an NPC that appears with the switch 14 's:PBDayNight.isMorning?' which doesn't get a shadow for some reason, even with the name including a string from Always_Give_Shadow_If_Event_Name_Has.

I've tried it with all of the DayNight switches and none of these events get shadows, but other custom switches work and give the appropriate shadow when they appear.

Is this a bug or is there another step to enable shadows on these events?

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
Capture.png

I have an NPC that appears with the switch 14 's:PBDayNight.isMorning?' which doesn't get a shadow for some reason, even with the name including a string from Always_Give_Shadow_If_Event_Name_Has.

I've tried it with all of the DayNight switches and none of these events get shadows, but other custom switches work and give the appropriate shadow when they appear.

Is this a bug or is there another step to enable shadows on these events?

Maybe this can help you.

boonzeet

Maybe this can help you.

I'm not using the followers - shadows work for all other characters (you can see this on my character and this miltank walking around) but don't with any events that use the DayNight switches in the Event page options.

Edit - the guy with the hat is the NPC using s:PBDayNight.isDay? as the event switch. If I change this to a random switch and set it on, the shadow appears fine. The switch is on, as well, as the event disappears at night.

Here is a side-by-side comparison with two identical events, except for the switch used:

shadow-missing-example.png

Last edited:

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
I'm not using the followers - shadows work for all other characters (you can see this on my character and this miltank walking around) but don't with any events that use the DayNight switches in the Event page options.

Edit - the guy with the hat is the NPC using s:PBDayNight.isMorning? as the event switch. If I change this to a random switch and set it on, the shadow appears fine.

Yep. Did you remove all Followers code stuff inside the script?

boonzeet

Yep. Did you remove all Followers code stuff inside the script?

The Followers code shouldn't affect a project without the Followers script. I can replicate this on a fresh project with just this script, too:
daynightnotworking.png

Edit: From testing, this is the offending line:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
page = pbGetActiveEventPage(@character)

pbGetActiveEventPage is returning nothing if one of these switches is used. These switches work by running the script specified in the switch name, so this is causing the pbGetActiveEventPage check on the state of the switches to fail.

Found a fix: replace these two lines in pbGetActiveEventPage:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
sw1 = !(c.switch1_valid && !$game_switches[c.switch1_id])
sw2 = !(c.switch2_valid && !$game_switches[c.switch2_id])

with these:
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
sw1 = !(c.switch1_valid && !event.switchIsOn?(c.switch1_id))
sw2 = !(c.switch2_valid && !event.switchIsOn?(c.switch2_id))

Last edited:

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
The Followers code shouldn't affect a project without the Followers script. I can replicate this on a fresh project with just this script, too:
daynightnotworking.png

I checked other thing: if you invite Brandon (Route 3) for you team, the shadow OW will disappears. You know how to fix that part too?

Skyflyer

Seeking for knowledge
I've found a strange bug. I've got an event which makes its own things int a page of the event, then switches to a second page which makes it disappear and then switches to a third page with other stuff but no image in the event. The thing is that if the event has shadow in the first page of the event and in the second (which also has an image) I put the comment on the top "NoShadow" it doesn't disappear. In fact the shadow moves from the npc in the same direction I move my character (I add a gif to show it clearly).

The event code
https://gyazo.com/314363e33e012de3997c5e709c108a0a

What actually happends
https://gyazo.com/397965fdd9024eb15622d6e121728bb7

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
I've found a strange bug. I've got an event which makes its own things int a page of the event, then switches to a second page which makes it disappear and then switches to a third page with other stuff but no image in the event. The thing is that if the event has shadow in the first page of the event and in the second (which also has an image) I put the comment on the top "NoShadow" it doesn't disappear. In fact the shadow moves from the npc in the same direction I move my character (I add a gif to show it clearly).

I made a new code for the Shadow Overworld. Click here you want to check.

Lucky_Duck

Rookie
May I ask what's the code for making one of them jump, can you make the player jump around?

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
May I ask what's the code for making one of them jump, can you make the player jump around?
Click on the event and then Set Move Route. There, add Jump. You shall edit the x and y coordenates.

Doodi94

Novice
Hi ! Great work on this. I noticed that when you surf with "Following Pokémon" there still is the shadow even though the Pokémon doesn't follow you in water. Could you update the script so it doesn't appear anymore please ?

noxdev

pkmn nox
Doesn't seem to work as intended on Essentials 18.1 due to the modification to jumping.
I'm currently combing through the code to determine how the new jumping differs and adjust the script accordingly.
If I fix it I'll send you the code as well so you can make an official release.

ingo3112

Rookie
hello
i have a problem . i the shadows work but at night time it shows up too .
i have some events that disappear at night and then there is a shadow on the
ground . how can i fix this ? i dont know how to script but i have a idea ,
is it possible to write a simple code that turn off the whole shadow thing
when the night switch is activatet ? so that the code is obove the main shadow
code or in it ?

sorry for bad english :D

Back