• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Overworld Shadows

Resource Overworld Shadows v1.0

thealexvond

Professional Loud Mouth
I am not sure if I am the only one, but I am having issues where the shadow is not showing on my Player or any Events.

Thanks for the help,
Alex

thealexvond

Professional Loud Mouth
ezimba12108140177200.png

I'm honestly not sure what is triggering the shadow to not show. It was working one minute then disappeared as soon as I called the dependent event for the Following Pokemon. PS These are my custom scripts, everything else is stock, sans the adjustments to the messages and game screen to fit my layout.

Can you try commenting out all/some of your custom scripts to see if one of those is causing the issue?

Tip: To comment out a whole script section at once, you could write __END__ at the very top, on a new line.

thealexvond

Professional Loud Mouth
Perfect, let me give it a shot!------------------------
Can you try commenting out all/some of your custom scripts to see if one of those is causing the issue?

Tip: To comment out a whole script section at once, you could write __END__ at the very top, on a new line.

Okay, so oddly enough it is The Following Script that is doing it, I believe it was created by mej71.

thealexvond

Professional Loud Mouth
It should support it. Are you sure you got the latest version of that as well?

I do, which is why I don't understand why it isn't working. It is the only thing that I can boil it down too. It works fine with my Apricorn and Berry Pot system, but then as soon as I take the commenting off, the shadow disappears.

dewitty

Wine mom and tile guy
I do, which is why I don't understand why it isn't working. It is the only thing that I can boil it down too. It works fine with my Apricorn and Berry Pot system, but then as soon as I take the commenting off, the shadow disappears.

I second this!! I'm using 17.1, but judging by the changelog I don't think the difference is that big. I've tried removing all my custom scripts, but it's the following script that causes the shadows to disappear.

I second this!! I'm using 17.1, but judging by the changelog I don't think the difference is that big. I've tried removing all my custom scripts, but it's the following script that causes the shadows to disappear.

I’ll take a look at it when I can. In the meantime, you could try to make sure the OW Shadows script is under the Following Pokémon script. Maybe that’ll fix it.

thealexvond

Professional Loud Mouth
I’ll take a look at it when I can. In the meantime, you could try to make sure the OW Shadows script is under the Following Pokémon script. Maybe that’ll fix it.

I will check my scripts and see what my order is.

EDIT: I checked my script order and I had the OW Shadows under the Following Script to begin with, so that fix is debunked.

Last edited:

Darren Esquire

Rookie
Is there any way to keep the shadows from showing when the pokeballs are shown in Pokemon Centers?

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
Is there any way to keep the shadows from showing when the pokeballs are shown in Pokemon Centers?

I think you'd better draw the shadows on the pokeball and remove the shadows from the event using ".sl".

So, Marin, im usin Following Pokemon by mej71. That shadow appears only when press ctrl to toggle the pokemon.
Is there any way for the shadow to stay permanently? Cuz when i change the map, the shadow leaves the pokemon and i must to press CTRL (toggle) to return the shadow, different from the Hero that is with the shadow permanently.

Thank you!

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
If you are using Following Pokemon script made by mj71, to "fix" shadow effect to Following Pokemon, check this post.

Riddle

Novice
If you are using Following Pokemon script made by mj71, to "fix" shadow effect to Following Pokemon, check this post.

Thank you so much! Also, to fix the weird bug where shadows don't appear until you get a Pokemon: (Credit to seth_Angel on PokeCommunity for this)

Find this (CTRL+SHIFT+F):
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
    return if @is_follower && defined?(Toggle_Following_Switch) &&
              !$game_switches[Toggle_Following_Switch]
    return if defined?(Following_Activated_Switch) &&
              !$game_switches[Following_Activated_Switch]

and comment out the last two lines so it looks like this:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
    return if @is_follower && defined?(Toggle_Following_Switch) &&
              !$game_switches[Toggle_Following_Switch]