• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Gemstone

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Pokemon Gemstone

Introduction:
Pokemon Gemstone is a fan game created by myself using Pokemon Essentials & RPG Maker XP.
I decided to create Gemstone as a quick mini project just to see how fast I could make a game.
As I have already created a fan game, Pokemon Nova, I decided to use the sprites/characters just to save time.

Download:
Pokemon Gemstone Download

Playthrough

Plot:
Journey through the Gemstone region as a new trainer straight out of trainer school.
You must travel through the Gemstone region to collect the 8 gym badges and become the league champion.
Instead of having a story line the main point of Gemstone is to actually prove a challenge in terms of Gyms, Rivals & Elite 4 battles.

Features:
- 2 Rivals
- 8 Gym Leaders and Elite 4
- New set of Gym Leaders
- New evolution methods for trade Pokemon
- Follow Pokemon Feature (DISABLED)
- Selection of existing Pokemon from all generations including generation 7
- Fairy type included.
- Mega Evolution
- No Evil Team
- Brand new moves
- New movepools and level up moves for Pokemon
- Stat upgrades for some older Pokemon have been made
- Updated TM List

Progress:
Pokemon GemStone is now complete,
If you find any problems/errors/bugs please contact me.

I tend to update with screenshots/Images/Maps on my twitter page:
https://twitter.com/PKMN_Nova

Screenshots:
Follow_zpswktfu2gp.png
Custom%20Tiles_zpsvkprkt0m.png
Gyms_zpsrs2vwraz.png
Fairy_zpspdnvcyaf.png
terrain_zpsnmhug2ts.png
Gen%207%20Pokemon_zpsvcofe6n0.png

Download:
Pokemon Gemstone Download

Pokemon Gemstone Pokedex with all changes can be found here:
Click here to download the Pokemon Gemstone Pokedex

Credits:
- Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit:
Maruno
Poccil
Flameguru
- Pokemon follow:
Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71
- Mega Sprites & Sylveon Sprites - The Smogon XY Sprite Project
Noscium, Layell & Branflakes325
Gen 6 sprites - XY sprite project
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/175-Dz01EzK9k1p1SknMUUlRlznX9WtlLZ7n6abYLVy4/edit#gid=0
Bergmite - Sleet
Avalugg - aXl
Skiddo - Paintseagull, Wyverii
Gogoat - siiilver
Phantump - wobblebuns
Trevenant - Galifia
Noibat - Quanyails
Noivern - aXl

Gen 7 sprites - S/M sprite project
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SiHVq1didxKRw-G6jnUsyTFp-CzUBdNBd5aBQ_1hI_I/edit#gid=0
Rockruff - Princess-pheonix
Lycanroc - leparagon
Sandygast - princessofmusic
palossand - princessofmusic
- Battle backgrounds
Gamefreak, Pokemon Company

Last edited:

Quality

Rookie
Could you add grindable trainers in your game?
Too hard to level up pokemon and the level jumps can be insane.

Last edited:

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Hmm There Is An Error That Pops Up After A Text.It Says If Had An Error Or Something.Ill Have To Recheck The Name Of The Error File.

Have you got your pokemon following you?
also what were you doing when the error came up?

Uhhh, my monferno didn't get mach punch upon evolving.
Movepools/Evolution levels & methods, etc... have been edited to balance out this game, all updates can be found on a file which can be downloaded or views in the main post

People are finding problems with Pokemon Gemstone when they have their Pokemon following you, I would suggest either restarting the game and not accepting the following Pokemon or just continue playing but save regularly.

Could you add grindable trainers in your game?
Too hard to level up pokemon and the level jumps can be insane.

I had no problem when playing through the game when it came to the levels, the game was designed to not need grinding.
I'll have another look at the levels but please take note of what pokemon you are using,
Pokemon like Munchlax, bagon, gible, bagon, etc... all need a lot more exp than other pokemon due to the exp growth they are set too.

As a quick fix to the following Pokemon feature bug I have put together a new version of Pokemon Gemstone with the feature now disabled.
please follow these instructions before you update:

- Open the current version of Pokemon Gemstone which you own.
- Press ctrl key to put away the following Pokemon
- Save game
- Download new Version of Pokemon Gemstone

click here to download the new version of Pokemon Gemstone

Last edited:

GGAxel

Rookie
When I Try Opening the Rom It says that the zip file does not exist and just closes VBA, could it be that i'm using VBA???

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
When I Try Opening the Rom It says that the zip file does not exist and just closes VBA, could it be that i'm using VBA???

you dont need the VBA, just have to open it on your computer, the game file is in there.

BootyJuiceJenkins

Rookie
Where can i find a growlithe and eevee? The complete pokedex you posted doesnt really show where we can find certain mons just the type of area they like which is pretty vague.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Where can i find a growlithe and eevee? The complete pokedex you posted doesnt really show where we can find certain mons just the type of area they like which is pretty vague.

the pokedex was only supposed to show the updates,
The ingame Pokedex should work as normal.
Eevee is found in alexanderite city as a gift but you should be able to find growlithe using the ingame features

BootyJuiceJenkins

Rookie
the pokedex was only supposed to show the updates,
The ingame Pokedex should work as normal.
Eevee is found in alexanderite city as a gift but you should be able to find growlithe using the ingame features

What in game features? Since i would prefer Arcanine over Flareon.

Honeyfern2

Rookie
Can anyone tell me where the Pokemon daycare is? I want to breed my Pokemon and I tried to get my Pokemon to follow me, and even used the little trick to get it to work, but nothing. I even tried V24 and V27. Nothing.------------------------I think it said that it had been disabled due to technical difficulty.

BootyJuiceJenkins

Rookie
Where could i find a riolu? I dont think any trainer has it so i cant find its location via pokedex. And i think there might be an issue with friendship evolution. A youtuber by the name of HeroVoltsy did a playthrough on this game and his Golbat never evolved into crobat and it barely ever fainted. Im worried because my pichu and zubat might suffer the same fate. And if there is an issue im probably gonna have to revamp my entire team and opt out of getting a riolu.

Honeyfern2

Rookie
Where could i find a riolu? I dont think any trainer has it so i cant find its location via pokedex. And i think there might be an issue with friendship evolution. A youtuber by the name of HeroVoltsy did a playthrough on this game and his Golbat never evolved into crobat and it barely ever fainted. Im worried because my pichu and zubat might suffer the same fate. And if there is an issue im probably gonna have to revamp my entire team and opt out of getting a riolu.

You can find Riolu at route 7. As for friendship, you can try to give them a soothe bell, winning battles, not letting them faint, and even using items on them. By the way, do you have the problem of your Pokemon not being able to follow you? It won't work for me. I talked to the guy that lets you but says it "Due to technical issues the following Pokemon feature has been disabled."

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
You can find Riolu at route 7. As for friendship, you can try to give them a soothe bell, winning battles, not letting them faint, and even using items on them. By the way, do you have the problem of your Pokemon not being able to follow you? It won't work for me. I talked to the guy that lets you but says it "Due to technical issues the following Pokemon feature has been disabled."

I Disabled the feature due to a few players finding errors in the script, I'll update it when the script is sorted.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Will we have to download the game again? When it is updated?

It will be updated when I've found a fixed, I'm afraid you'll have to wait.
However just so you know id becareful asking other creators for when things will be completed.
When the update comes out all you'll have to do is download it and your save file will transfer over

ThunderFlameDF

Rookie
What do i do when you get the glitch where your stuck in battle? Is the only way to get out of it is to restart your game?

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
So, where is the daycare? I want to breed my pokemon.
It's not until the end half of the game in emerald ranch. I didn't think people would need it. Thats my bad------------------------
What do i do when you get the glitch where your stuck in battle? Is the only way to get out of it is to restart your game?
Unfortunately yes. However, which battle are you stuck in? Generally this stuff is due to the base coding from Pokemon essentials but if theres something I can do I'll try and have a look.

ThunderFlameDF

Rookie
It's not until the end half of the game in emerald ranch. I didn't think people would need it. Thats my bad------------------------
Unfortunately yes. However, which battle are you stuck in? Generally this stuff is due to the base coding from Pokemon essentials but if theres something I can do I'll try and have a look.
Okay no worries mate i was able to get back to where i was in a hour and it was the battle to get mega abomasnow i killed it but i don't think it registrate it that I have killed it

Back