• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Following Pokemon 1.4.1

Ravioliboi

Rookie
This is an awesome Script, and I would love to use it. I'm having the following issues:
A) when talking to a pokémon that's following
B) when entering/exiting a map while a pokémon is following

I get the following error message and the game crashes:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
Exception: NoMethodError
RPG__Sprite:124:in `effect?'
RPG__Sprite:440:in `effect?'
RPG__Sprite:439:in `each'
RPG__Sprite:439:in `effect?'
Sprite_AnimationSprite:31:in `update'
Sprite_AnimationSprite:86:in `update'
Sprite_AnimationSprite:85:in `each'
Sprite_AnimationSprite:85:in `update'
Scene_Map:43:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:37:in `each'

This exception was logged in

Jamais

Rookie
I get this error when I open the game:

Exception: SystemStackError
Follow Pokemon:1469:in `follow_moveto'

Does anyone know if I've done something wrong? I removed the script and data and no longer got the error, but I do want to include following Pokemon so if anyone knows how to fix it I would really appreciate it...

darthdusty

TheDarthLordDusty
Ooooooooooooookay! So I am having a problem and I saw someone else posted the same thing, but they seem to have fixed their's by you setting up this script to work with V.17.1 which of course now it is. I am running V.16 and I have now gone and copied that script and put it into my game above the main, but under the compiler. It has not fixed it so I ask those of you smarter than I at talking to machines.... what is wrong with my 1431 line? It says there is an undefined method for pbSwitch for class PokemonPartyScreen. How do I fix this? Is it fixable? Am I damned to live a life of not being able to have Pokes following the character in my game?

Galaxia

Trainer
This is an awesome Script, and I would love to use it. I'm having the following issues:
A) when talking to a pokémon that's following
B) when entering/exiting a map while a pokémon is following

I get the following error message and the game crashes:
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError
RPG__Sprite:124:in `effect?'
RPG__Sprite:440:in `effect?'
RPG__Sprite:439:in `each'
RPG__Sprite:439:in `effect?'
Sprite_AnimationSprite:31:in `update'
Sprite_AnimationSprite:86:in `update'
Sprite_AnimationSprite:85:in `each'
Sprite_AnimationSprite:85:in `update'
Scene_Map:43:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:37:in `each'

This exception was logged in

I'm getting the same exact error. Not too sure why. I've installed this script before.

kelsey

Novice
EDIT:
NEVERMIND- I fixed the issue. I think it was a random game glitch and nothing to do with your script. :) sorry!

Hey, so I've been using this script and once I got it going, it has worked perfectly for months. Today, as I'm playing my own game, all of a sudden my follow pokemon is locked, like I can't hit the keyboard button to put it away, and when i try to surf I get the message "You cant do that when you have someone with you." I checked the events on the map I had been using (which is one I had been grinding on for hours, trying to level up, with no problems) and they are all fine. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix the problem, or what may be causing it? I don't get a true error message so I don't have that to post...

Last edited:

Erenussocrates

Rookie
Hey sup. I think this is awesome. But I want to customize my following pokemon even more.
Like, this might get a bit confusing otherwise, so I will explain it in steps:

>You push X to open the menu.
>You go to your Pokemons tab.
>Then you select a Pokemon from your party, like there are choices like Status, switch, item etc. right?
>So I want there to be another option in this list of options called "Send out", when you select that option, it sends out the pokemon and it follows you in overworld.
>I want it so that you can send out more than one pokemon, your entire party if you so choose. I want them to follow you in a beeline, like how the party follows you in oldschool RPGs like Earthbound or Chrono Trigger.
>When a pokemon is "sent out" and is following you on overworld, I want the "Send out" text to be replaced by "Recall"

How could I accomplish all of these things? Could anyone help me?

Colorfulwonders

Sawyer the Gaymer Girl
correct me if someones asked this before but is there a reason there's two of every sprite? would something happen if I removed all the duplicates?

Fearkl

Rookie
mr Mej I would like to ask if possible I want to make the follow sprites be a little bit far from the trainer could u tell me where I could change?

Anime Watcher

dabbling in game design
This is an older post, so the maker of the script may not be available, but I thought I would ask for help anyway. I downloaded the required information and plugged in the scripts and animations, but I keep getting this "undefined method" error when I actually try to interact with the Pokemon or go into another room.

I plan to go back and make sure I've followed all of the steps needed. It's probably something simple like not having the right sound clip or animation names, but since I'm still a novice, it is a bit frustrating for me.

Again, the errors I'm getting are:
The game crashes when I try to interact with the Pokemon
The game crashes when I try to transition to another room or part of the map.
The game crashes when I try to put the Pokemon back into the ball.

My guess is this has something to do with the animations, but I don't know where to find the solution. Is the scripts, the names, or all of the above?

DrewBidDoopa

Rookie
Henlo, I needed help with a certain issue. I can't seem to find a way to force pokemon into their ball. There are certain events like transporting and an event following after in which I do not want the pokemon to follow and make it impossible for them to call them back out until a certain event has passed. This would help my story a lot.
Thank you for making the script

Xerado

Novice
@mej71. I understand the script but is there a way to force move routes for the follower event?
I looked in the script and it said to use pbMoveRoute I think but all that happens is an error and then crashes.
And would it be done through a script call? Or Set Move Route with the script call inside?

kelsey

Novice
@mej71. I understand the script but is there a way to force move routes for the follower event?
I looked in the script and it said to use pbMoveRoute I think but all that happens is an error and then crashes.
And would it be done through a script call? Or Set Move Route with the script call inside?
Do you mean having an event where the follower pokemon moves in a specific way? You would do that with a trigger in an external event and then use the "set move route"

Xerado

Novice
@Aki. Oh cool! It works. Unfortunately though, it seems like you can't actually move the follower.
Trying to do so (I.E. PBMoveRoute::MoveRight,) ends up in an error and crashes. Is this working as intended?
Last question. (Sorry to be a bother.)Is there a use for all the follower file duplicates with the '_0' tag in the characters folder?
It seems to work even without them but I just want confirmation if it's okay to delete them.
Since it's a lot of excess clutter if they're not necessary.

Last edited:

Xerado

Novice
There's only one issue glaring bug here.
If the first pokemon in your team is fainted (therefore it's invisible until healed-)
If you attempt to Surf, it shows up again walking around on the water, somehow alive again.
Yet, since it's still fainted you can't interact with it, and the only fix is to manually change pokemon.
Is there a possibility to modify the script to call the next able pokemon to follow after one faints?

Marina

Cooltrainer
The animation of the Pokémon overworld icons are weird. When they are walking they just move 1 leg all the time
Oddish walking sprite looks odd too, is there a way to fix this?

Poq

Cooltrainer
The animation of the Pokémon overworld icons are weird. When they are walking they just move 1 leg all the time
Oddish walking sprite looks odd too, is there a way to fix this?
You can always edit the icons yourself...

pokemaster1794

Rookie
Hello, I am new to making anything with essentials and rpg maker. I need help making the events that will let pokemon follow. The example is a little hard to understand

Back