• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Iron Mapper IRON MAPPER: Season 3 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

Actual Relic
Hey, nerds, long time no see, I'm back to accept more bribes and judge more maps. I'm loving the enthusiasm so far, I hope to see more interesting takes on the theme!

Also just throwing this out there.

I've seen a few people submit the tilesets they used for the trial into the tutorials and resources section. That's 100% acceptable and I encourage you to do so, but it isn't required by any means. If it is ever required for some reason, it will be in the trial criteria. Just wanted to clear this up since there was a few submitted stating that it was required, which isn't true.

Reactions: Aki

Ned

[Enter Custom Title Here]
Oh I only assumed it was required because I have been recently looking at a lot of the game jam stuff and the resources for that is required to be public. So I guess I just got them mixed up.

Evan

game director, Pokémon Sea & Sky
Also just throwing this out there.

I've seen a few people submit the tilesets they used for the trial into the tutorials and resources section. That's 100% acceptable and I encourage you to do so, but it isn't required by any means. If it is ever required for some reason, it will be in the trial criteria. Just wanted to clear this up since there was a few submitted stating that it was required, which isn't true.

I'd figured that because the requirements were that you use public tiles, that submitting was a step in making your tiles 'public'.

I'd figured that because the requirements were that you use public tiles, that submitting was a step in making your tiles 'public'.
Nah, the intention behind that was so no one used someone else's private/non-public tiles for the trial. You don't have to make your custom made tiles public, although maybe I should apply that to future trials.

Eevee

catchphrase
I wasn't around for the original two Iron Mappers, so I'm really excited to compete this time around mapping is the only thing I'm good at

Reactions: Deo

Pixel Profligate

Lazy Artist
Congrats, guys! It was really interesting seeing everyone's take on this, and I'm glad to have gotten to take part even though it's only my second time mapping RIP

Well I think this trial went really well in terms of quality and no. of entries. There wasn't a single entry that I looked at and thought it was far below all the rest.
Congrats to the winners, it was a well deserved win.
I have actually learnt a lot from this trial that will help me with future ones, and while I am pretty happy with the map I made, hopefully I can make something better next time.

Limesy

Rookie
Congrats to both of the very worthy winners! I think all contestants should pat themselves on the back though, as I think all of the entries were good and interesting - and a lot of them also had very unique takes on the trial.
Seeing all these maps also inspire me to do more mapping, and for the next one I'm going to try to join as well!

Reactions: Ned

Hematite

Trainer
Congrats, Fred and Blue!! Your maps are both just so pretty and you clearly did an amazing job of making the best possible use of your tiles, but at the same time, you didn't let the aesthetic of the tiles carry you and the mapping itself was really well done itself - I can see why you both won!!

It was really cool to see all of the entries during the competition, and I have to say, I think everyone did a fantastic job with it!! I didn't enter this one after all, but getting to look at all of the completely different takes on the theme was awesome! : D

Fontbane

Not a Russian Troll
Congrats to Fred and Blue! Your maps were just amazing! I especially loved the effects on Fred's map like the sunlight, and the different paths of Blue's map that made it seem well designed for gameplay while still feeling natural!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back