• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Alden (5 Badge Demo)

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
ETA Next Version
Dec 31, 2025
Hello!

I am excited to be sharing a project I've been quietly working on: Pokemon Alden, a fan game based loosely on my long running D&D game. This is a pretty modest project, but I want to share it regardless! I've done my best to fill this first big chunk of the game with as much detail and intrigue as possible.

PLOT

Pokemon Alden is set in the Helephen Region, a small portion of a larger nation ruled over by the technologically advanced Aldenian League. Your story begins when you are tasked with making a simple delivery for your neighbor, the local Pokemon Professor. As you travel North, you'll start to learn more about the region's problems. Pokemon are becoming sick and strange debt collectors are harassing the people of Helephen. All these unsavory happenings seem to point back to the Aldenian League, and you'll find yourself going from simple errand runner to hero.

You may also find yourself joining factions such as the Pokemon Rangers and the archeologists of the Thaelian Society. You'll help the Pokemon Rangers in their fight against a group of poachers known as Team Plunder. If you choose to join the Thaelian Society, you'll pursue artifacts that tell the history of Helephen.

And of course you'll also collect gym badges, hunt rare Pokémon, and achieve Pokedex milestones.

FEATURES (Available in this Demo)

• Over 100 original regional variants.
  • More than 300 new moves and more than 40 new abilities.
  • 5 Gyms to challenge.
  • More than 100 quests to complete.
  • Basic crafting system with drops from wild Pokemon.
  • The "Ancient" type. This includes all fossil mons, Relicanth, and a few others + several new variant species.
  • A couple other things I don't want to spoil :)

POKEMON CHANGES

I have rebalanced almost every original Pokemon available in the game to fit better with the pacing of a single player adventure. In general I changed the following:

• Pokemon have higher stats but evolve later (sometimes significantly).
  • Pokemon have expanded learn sets that sometimes include a lot of original moves.
  • All evolutions have been streamlined to be either: Level up, Stone, or Happiness.
  • Megas and Gmax forms are not present. Instead many of these have been repurposed and rebalanced as permanent evolutions for Pokemon like Lopunny, Lapras, Pinsir, Manectric, Garbodor, and many others.
  • Check the 'Pokemon' and 'Pokemon Forms' documents in the PBS folder of your game directory if you want to confirm a specific evolution level or method.
I know some folks won't like these changes, but I had a great time doing it, and I hope you'll see some new life breathed into old favorites.

VXKmiFt.png
tKI6kQi.png
kBLHZVD.png
K5V8JrP.png
HHUiOJ8.png
7Zw5YXv.png
fT5njL3.png
w1jUdrg.png

DOWNLOAD

Download the Demo Here!

DISCORD

Join the Discord Here!

CREDITS

BUILT IN POKEMON ESSENTIALS v19.1
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.

MKXP-Z
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

RPG MAKER XP
Enterbrain

ART & ASSETS FROM THE COMMUNITY
Ekat99
idilio
KyleDove
Jinxed
Caruban
Aki
BiggusWeeabus
TheDeadHeroAlistair
Scizor User
KingTapir
AnonAlpaca
LuigiTKO
CinnaYva
Pikafan2000
Cesare_CBass
Vent
Cesare_Cbass
MultiDiegoDani
leParagon
JWNutz
princess-pheonix
LunarDusk
Wolfang62
TintjeMadelintje101
piphybuilder88
Azria
DarkusShadow
EduarPokeN
Carmanekko
StarWolff
MissingLukey
help-14
Kymoyonian
cSc-A7X
2and2makes5
Pokegirl4ever
Fernandojl
Silver-Skies
TyranitarDark
Getsuei-H
Kid1513
Milomilotic11
Kyt666
kdiamo11
Chocosrawlooid
Syledude
Gallanty
Gizamimi-Pichu
2and2makes5
Zyon17
LarryTurbo
spritesstealer
PhantomBass
wrigty12
Screen Lady
Taiga
PorousMist
StCooler
curryofthepast
Kidkatt
NocTurn
Jess Jackdaw
Travis
Beliot419
Tristantine The Great

SCRIPTS, PLUGINS, AND RESOURCE COMPILATION FROM THE COMMUNITY
Thundaga
Golisopod User
Moyo
Marin
mej71
derFischae
ENLS
Voltseon
LukaSJ
thatonekriegerwriter
-FL-
Caruban
UberDunsparce
ThatWelshOne
Lucidious89
LinKazamine
DiegoWT
Vendily
TechSkylander1518
IndianAnimator
Kotar
clockstops
Astefia
eattwo
DeepBlue
PacificWaves
NettoHikari
Xtreme1992
Phantombass

FEEDBACK AND TESTING
Zinkatron

SPECIAL THANKS
My best friends for playing the D&D campaign that inspired this game and for being my enthusiastic testers.
Alex, Dan, Kevin, thanks for hanging out, playing, and testing.

Last edited:

6beanburrito

Rookie
This game absolutely slaps - I highly recommend it for any Pokémon fan. There are a lot of surprises and twists that will keep you smiling throughout. Do yourself a favor and enjoy this labor of love. Cheers and Congrats

JFTV_Feels

Novice
My Squirtle not evolve yet is there a reason why
Thanks for playing! Don't worry, your Squirtle will evolve. I've made most Pokemon stronger and increased their move pools. In exchange, most pokemon also evolve a bit later than normal. My hope is that this gives every Pokemon a chance to shine and makes better use of Pokemon's 100 levels.

If you want to see specific evolution levels check the PBS folder in your game directory, specifically the documents named 'Pokemon' and 'Pokemon Forms.'

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Trying this out, looks really cool. This will definitely get more attention once it is a full release I would say!

JFTV_Feels

Novice
is there a speed up button?
Not at the moment. I boosted shiny odds and made exp items super accessible to see if speed up was still needed. I'm not opposed to adding a speed toggle though. Thanks for playing and thanks for the feedback!

TheFabledOne

Novice
says youre not accepting requests on discord. Where is dark/alolan rattata or what are the spawn chances rather? i found it once then never found it again.

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
I'm using Cheat Engine to speed it up, it could probably use a button but I don't mind just using CE. A.Rattata is a land encounter in the first town, 10%.

Mellowcane

Rookie
Amazing Game, had a great time grinding shinies and building teams. That Pokemaniac who got shiny Charmander on 968 encounters still taunts me. What a freak.

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
How does the Ancient type interact with the rest of the type chart? Also, is there an explanation for all of the new status conditions somewhere as well? If I missed this as the beginning of the game, let me know and I can go back and look in the right place. If not, a suggestion would be to introduce these new core concepts in the lab after you get the starter.

JFTV_Feels

Novice
How does the Ancient type interact with the rest of the type chart? Also, is there an explanation for all of the new status conditions somewhere as well? If I missed this as the beginning of the game, let me know and I can go back and look in the right place. If not, a suggestion would be to introduce these new core concepts in the lab after you get the starter.
Sorry about that. You didn't miss anything. Those mechanics aren't explained anywhere in game, but I think that is a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion. For your own purposes though, I can give you an explanation here:

Ancient type is weak to Dragon, Ghost, and Psychic. It deals super effective damage to Fairy and Electric. It has no immunities, but resists Fairy, Electric, Rock, and Ice.

As for the statuses:
Fear: Cuts speed and causes the Pokemon to sometimes waste its turn switching out (if there is an available Pokemon to switch with)
Fatigue: Just a reskin of Frostbite from PLA. The Pokemon loses HP and has its Sp Atk cut.

Inner Rhymes

Trainer
This is very unique, it does low-key remind me of a ROM hack called Pokémon Mirage of Tales that took on a versatile approach. I thought I'd ask, do you have plans on replacing the default Red OW and in-battle sprite?

JFTV_Feels

Novice
This is very unique, it does low-key remind me of a ROM hack called Pokémon Mirage of Tales that took on a versatile approach. I thought I'd ask, do you have plans on replacing the default Red OW and in-battle sprite?
Thank you! Yeah I would love to have custom trainer sprites and also make the character selection a bit more inclusive. I think I need to work with an actual artist on that though. Totally open to recommendations.

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
I am 3 badges in, this is SO GOOD. You did this by yourself and this is your first Essentials game? You should be dang proud, well done. Once I finish the demo, I will give you detailed thoughts and feedback. But wanted to leave this here, if people are on the fence about trying this because it isn't finished...ok I get that, but this is definitely worth playing!

Back