• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Eevee Expo Selects: June 2024

7bf41d9e0d.png

Welcome to the 1st edition of Eevee Expo Selects, where we do bite-sized highlights of recent project releases in the fangame sphere! Here in this series, we'll be taking a look at a few stand-out titles with new releases or major updates! For this episode, we'll be taking a look at newly released projects Pokémon Litharreon, Pokémon Righteous Red, and Lonavan Legends, The Isle of Light!

The first game we're going to covering is Pokémon Litharreon by RadicalRaptr, who released a 1.0 Project Demo just a few weeks ago here!

65868d0702.png
3831594118.png
3e36366e11.png

Pokémon Litharreon focuses on a lot of small touches and a clean, but definitely fresh Pokémon experience. The game focuses heavily on Double Battles and is balanced around it as well! By exploring the world, you'll be able to find trades, TMs, and more to supplement the Doubles formula.

The game's story follows and features three new regional forms as secondary partner Pokémon, and the crime syndicate attempting to make off with Professor Cedar's research on them! Some bonus features that I found cute include different sprite poses depending on the Pokémon gender, hidden grottos scattered throughout the world, and a personality quiz at the beginning of the game!

8cbcda735d.gif

I think one of the biggest things to point out about Litharreon is how it sticks to the tried and true Generation 3 style and tileset, and stays extremely consistent with excellent presentation throughout the project with merely the authentic Generation 3 tileset. I think it stands as an incredible case study for new and budding developers who may be discouraged or believe that projects require extremely detailed custom graphics to create a good game.

If you're looking for a firm, faithful project with plenty of tastful touches that keep the formula fresh in a meticulously chosen and thoughtful fashion, you wouldn't go wrong following this exceedingly polished project.

The second game we're covering is the decomp romhack Pokémon Righteous Red by Nightdazer! You can find the thread for this project here.

7679154b50.png
13ce452eb1.png
a76606fe5c.png

Righteous Red is one of the results of efforts and breakthroughs in the Generation 1 romhacking community, and aims to create an enhancing experience to the original Kanto region! The focuses on not only adding to the original GBA games, but fixing major issues, bugs, and exploits while keeping the original game's identity intact. For example, modern typings such as Steel, Fairy, and Dark have been added to the game, but critical hit rates are still based on Speed (albeit at a much more reasonable rate)!

There are many kinds of new events and even a slightly different progression system (the first Gym Leader is NOT in Pewter City for example!), while trying its best to not step on the toes and quirks that made Generation 1, Generation 1. It also comes with an excellent amount of documentation, allowing a player to better organize their playthrough for potential challenge runs.

96921f51e7.png

Righteous Red even keeps the original Generation 1 Sprites! Isn't that cute?
Righteous Red is a enthusiastically made project that does more than just "fix" Generation 1, it embraces and respects the legacy of the original Pokémon games with regards to its unique mechanics and style, allowing one to still experience how Generation 1 feels while making sure it doesn't pass as frustrating and dated. Not only that, it is a wondrous achievement of the strides and efforts made in the Generation 1 romhacking scene, of which I believe is underrepresented in the fangame scene! If you're looking to replay the original titles but not sure about the decades old sludge, I heavily suggest you to try this out.

The final game we're covering is actually a Pokéngine project, the Lonava Region by KingTapir! We'll be covering their first playable update to Harsholme Island! More info here.

7352e9a9b8.png
997e9efe77.png
f51922224b.png

To preface, Pokéngine is a browser based MMORPG that anyone can sign-up for and play. It doubles as a game creation engine and consists of many, many regions developed by members of the Pokéngine community! To make sense of it, think of Pokengine a big world map with many fakemon regions (and a handful of canon ones), and KingTapir's Harsholme Island being the newest area for people to explore!

The project follows you, the player, taking a ferry to a small island off the coast of the Lonava region! You'll learn about the children of the founder of the island, as well as explore Harsholme Island, which consists of 70 new species of Pokémon, a brand new story, gorgeous custom art scenes+character portraits, and a beautifully crafted overworld designed by KingTapir himself! Since this is also a Pokéngine project, it doubles an MMORPG!! Yes, you can send this to your friends to goof around together and find all the new Pokémon!

42ff8f9513.gif

That's another real, and alive player! I'm spamming jump in front of them, in classic MMO fashion.

Harsholme Island is a captivating project beautifully crafted and populated by equally beautiful-looking Pokémon sprites. It's an experience that expands greatly to the world of Pokéngine, of which I believe is one of the most incredible fangame projects out there. And if you haven't heard of Pokéngine before, it's not too difficult to give a try! You can sign-up on https://pokengine.org, then tap MMO! You have to be approved as a beta tester first (sign-up and then go to the Discord), and once you have that done, you're now ready to experience every single region available to Pokéngine! If you're brand new, I recommend going to HUB in the Region Select, as it stands in as a tutorial to Pokéngine.

293178cfbc.gif
00efdf8d63.gif
c5bdff52b6.gif

That concludes the very first edition of Eevee Expo Selects! We hope you give every single one of these projects a try and enjoy, and also give proper accolades and constructive feedback for these developer teams who were able to make it to the finish line! Thank you all so much for reading!

Signing off, until next time~

Last edited:

Nightdazer

Rookie
7bf41d9e0d.png

Welcome to the 1st edition of Eevee Expo Selects, where we do bite-sized highlights of recent project releases in the fangame sphere! Here in this series, we'll be taking a look at a few stand-out titles with new releases or major updates! For this episode, we'll be taking a look at newly released projects Pokémon Litharreon, Pokémon Righteous Red, and Lonavan Legends, The Isle of Light!

The first game we're going to covering is Pokémon Litharreon by RadicalRaptr, who released a 1.0 Project Demo just a few weeks ago here!

65868d0702.png
3831594118.png
3e36366e11.png

Pokémon Litharreon focuses on a lot of small touches and a clean, but definitely fresh Pokémon experience. The game focuses heavily on Double Battles and is balanced around it as well! By exploring the world, you'll be able to find trades, TMs, and more to supplement the Doubles formula.

The game's story follows and features three new regional forms as secondary partner Pokémon, and the crime syndicate attempting to make off with Professor Cedar's research on them! Some bonus features that I found cute include different sprite poses depending on the Pokémon gender, hidden grottos scattered throughout the world, and a personality quiz at the beginning of the game!

8cbcda735d.gif

I think one of the biggest things to point out about Litharreon is how it sticks to the tried and true Generation 3 style and tileset, and stays extremely consistent with excellent presentation throughout the project with merely the authentic Generation 3 tileset. I think it stands as an incredible case study for new and budding developers who may be discouraged or believe that projects require extremely detailed custom graphics to create a good game.

If you're looking for a firm, faithful project with plenty of tastful touches that keep the formula fresh in a meticulously chosen and thoughtful fashion, you wouldn't go wrong following this exceedingly polished project.

The second game we're covering is the decomp romhack Pokémon Righteous Red by Nightdazer! You can find the thread for this project here.

7679154b50.png
13ce452eb1.png
a76606fe5c.png

Righteous Red is one of the results of efforts and breakthroughs in the Generation 1 romhacking community, and aims to create an enhancing experience to the original Kanto region! The focuses on not only adding to the original GBA games, but fixing major issues, bugs, and exploits while keeping the original game's identity intact. For example, modern typings such as Steel, Fairy, and Dark have been added to the game, but critical hit rates are still based on Speed (albeit at a much more reasonable rate)!

There are many kinds of new events and even a slightly different progression system (the first Gym Leader is NOT in Pewter City for example!), while trying its best to not step on the toes and quirks that made Generation 1, Generation 1. It also comes with an excellent amount of documentation, allowing a player to better organize their playthrough for potential challenge runs.

96921f51e7.png

Righteous Red even keeps the original Generation 1 Sprites! Isn't that cute?
Righteous Red is a enthusiastically made project that does more than just "fix" Generation 1, it embraces and respects the legacy of the original Pokémon games with regards to its unique mechanics and style, allowing one to still experience how Generation 1 feels while making sure it doesn't pass as frustrating and dated. Not only that, it is a wondrous achievement of the strides and efforts made in the Generation 1 romhacking scene, of which I believe is underrepresented in the fangame scene! If you're looking to replay the original titles but not sure about the decades old sludge, I heavily suggest you to try this out.

The final game we're covering is actually a Pokéngine project, the Lonava Region by KingTapir! We'll be covering their first playable update to Harsholme Island! More info here.

7352e9a9b8.png
997e9efe77.png
f51922224b.png

To preface, Pokéngine is a browser based MMORPG that anyone can sign-up for and play. It doubles as a game creation engine and consists of many, many regions developed by members of the Pokéngine community! To make sense of it, think of Pokengine a big world map with many fakemon regions (and a handful of canon ones), and KingTapir's Harsholme Island being the newest area for people to explore!

The project follows you, the player, taking a ferry to a small island off the coast of the Lonava region! You'll learn about the children of the founder of the island, as well as explore Harsholme Island, which consists of 70 new species of Pokémon, a brand new story, gorgeous custom art scenes+character portraits, and a beautifully crafted overworld designed by KingTapir himself! Since this is also a Pokéngine project, it doubles an MMORPG!! Yes, you can send this to your friends to goof around together and find all the new Pokémon!

42ff8f9513.gif

That's another real, and alive player! I'm spamming jump in front of them, in classic MMO fashion.

Harsholme Island is a captivating project beautifully crafted and populated by equally beautiful-looking Pokémon sprites. It's an experience that expands greatly to the world of Pokéngine, of which I believe is one of the most incredible fangame projects out there. And if you haven't heard of Pokéngine before, it's not too difficult to give a try! You can sign-up on https://pokengine.org, then tap MMO! You have to be approved as a beta tester first (sign-up and then go to the Discord), and once you have that done, you're now ready to experience every single region available to Pokéngine! If you're brand new, I recommend going to HUB in the Region Select, as it stands in as a tutorial to Pokéngine.

293178cfbc.gif
00efdf8d63.gif
c5bdff52b6.gif

That concludes the very first edition of Eevee Expo Selects! We hope you give every single one of these projects a try and enjoy they, and also give proper accolades and constructive feedback for these developer teams who were able to make it to the finish line! Thank you all so much for reading!

Signing off, until next time~
Thank you so much for all of the support you've given this project. It means so much to me and everyone else involved in bringing this project to life. Righteous Red has grown so much, but there's still so much in store that I cant wait to share with everyone. To everyone who tries Righteous Red-- I hope you adore every moment of it! <3

Inner Rhymes

Trainer
Really dig this initiative! I have been meaning to give Righteous Red a spin for a while now.

safr

Elite Trainer
I hope the forum have some kind of game jam event in future to

Back