• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Bioterror (reboot) - Chapter 1

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
ETA Next Version
Sep 30, 2024
Hi folks! This is a reboot version of a fangame I made 7 years ago with the same name and plot core, but different stories and mechanic updates. It's a solo dev project, and based on Pokemon Essentials v21.1 and mkxp-z. I hope you all enjoy it.

O wandering soul.
Deep in the endless darkness, thy lament has reached my ears.
I, the God of the Mirror, will bestow thee a new chance.
Thou will be given new eyes to see, new ears to hear, and a new body to once again bathe in the light.

YMBHeKY_d.webp

[Plot]

Right after waking up in a random basement in a unfamiliar world, you suddenly got into a mess with Team Sodius - a terrorist organization in Chemia region and barely escape.
However, that's not the end of the fate you have.
As your journey goes on, you slowly get tangled deeper with the evil organization, discover their plan to disrupt the region's ecology, shake the reality and turn the whole world in chaos.
Then, will you, an alien soul, still risk your life to protect this world where you didn't even have any connections with?

[Featuring]
New Fakemons
New species or regional and convergent forms of existing ones. Each new Pokemon evolution line comes with new signature move or/and unique ability.

New 3 starters.
S1ZSCs2.png

More Fakemons to make their debuts.
XmdQiJY.png

Upto 80 new Fakemons are being planned.

Professor Bismuth's quest
A Pokemon-focused quest system. Each Fakemon evolution line has one dedicated quest. This may be a side-quest, or a condition to proceed in the main story. This system aims to unfold the design/story core of each new Fakemon.
NBWXp1p.png

Boss battle
Battle powerful Pokemons with multiple phases. After each phase, the boss Pokemon may have a stat change, set up, change ability, movesets or even form changing.
GneaUKf.png

Improved "grinding" user experience
Add trainers dedicated to level and EV training. New items to help with improving IVs of Pokemons and training EVs.
bTAoyo4.png

Multiple character profiles to choose from
4aGYoed.png

Battle against powerful rivals and conquer the regional Pokemon league with 18 gyms and Elite 4. Each major character has their own signature move and battle mechanic.

Battle UIs and new weathers. Pokemons and updated mechanics to gen 9.

e6ZimU9.png

Though most of musics are not my own, there are definitely some music made specifically for the game.
Pokemon Bioterror main theme

Silly jokes
mFWnDIK.png

And many mores
Ni5gqxZ.png

[Development team]
Just me

[Download]
Current version is 1.0.0, patch 1.0.1
Story: upto the 1st gym and some side quests
Fakemons: 12 ones appear in this demo, and 8 out of them are obtainabled
Upto ~3-4 hours of playtime

Download link v1.0.0: https://www.mediafire.com/file/seiqw650so9sl44/BioterrorRelease.zip/file

Patch v1.0.1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/896okxc9as71kfk/Bioterror_Patch_1.0.1.zip/file
How to patch:
Download the patch zip file, extract and replace existing files in the game folder.
No save files are expected to be affected.

Changelog v1.0.1: https://pastebin.pl/view/84fd2025

[Discord]
If you'd like to report bug, get help during gameplay or get more information during the development, please join Pokemon Bioterror's Discord server.

Discord link: https://discord.gg/Ybg6CcjMcU

[Credits]
Engine
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Essentials hotfix v21.1
Maruno

Auto multi save
http404error

Delta speed up
Marin (og speed up script)
Phantombass (19.1 version)
Mashirosakura
Golisopod User
D0vid (v21.1 version)

Gen 9 Pack
Scripts:
-Caruban
-Lucidious89
-Eskiss (Legend Plate script based on)
-StCooler (Original PLA Expansion script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the PLA Expansion script script for v19.1 use)

PBS:
-Caruban
-Lucidious89
-PorousMist (Updated the abilities, items, and moves description)
-DJChaos (TM Items)
-Futuresushi (Shortened abilities and moves description)

Pokemon Battler Sprites:
-Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
-Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
-Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
-Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
-PLA Pokemon Sprites - Smogon Gen8 Sprite Project
(https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-sprite-project.3647722/)
Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite, SelenaArmorclaw
-Gen 9 Pokemon Sprites - KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Caruban, jinxed, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Azria, Mashirosakura,
JordanosArt, Abnayami, OldSoulja, Katten, Divaruta 666, Clara, Skyflyer, AshnixsLaw, ace_stryfe
-Gen 9 Vanilla style sprites - KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Caruban, jinxed, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Azria, Mashirosakura, JordanosArt, Scept, NanaelJustice, SoyChim, KRLW890, AnonAlpaca, PokeJminer, Red7246, Carmanekko, Eduar, Lykeron, GriloKapu10, Mesayas, Erkey830, QDylm, PorousMist, OldSoulja, AlexandreV2.0, Z-nogyroP, lennybitao, Ruben1986, GRAFAIAIMX
Blaquaza, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Pokemon Icon Sprites:
-Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia, harveydentmd
-Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
-Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
-Shiny Icon Sprites - StarrWolf, Pokemon Shattered Light Team
-PLA Pokemon Icon Sprites - LuigiTKO
-Gen 9 Icon Sprites - ezerart, JordanosArt
-PLA Vanilla Icon Sprites - LuigiTKO, Pikafan2000, Cesare_CBass, Vent, Cesare_Cbass, MultiDiegoDani, leParagon, JWNutz
and thanks for
Pokémon Icons Act 2.9 - Teracristalizando
(https://whackahack.com/foro/threads/pokemon-icons-act-2-9-teracristalizando-07-08-2022.63896/)
-Gen 9 Vanilla Icon Sprites - Vent, Katten, leParagon, Cesare_CBass, AlexandreV2.0, Carmanekko, GRAFAIAIMX
also thanks to Axel Loquendo, CarmaNekko, Divaruta 666, Okyo, JLauz735, and ClaraDragon for
Iconos 9na Gen gba completos (https://whackahack.com/foro/threads/iconos-9na-gen-gba-completos-act-04-03-2023.67908/)

Pokemon Gen 9 Overworld sprites:
-Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo
-Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
-Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
-Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
-Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
-PLA Pokemon Overworlds - Boonzeet, DarkusShadow, princess-phoenix, Ezeart, WolfPP
-Gen 9 Pokemon Overworlds - Azria, DarkusShadow, EduarPokeN, Carmanekko, StarWolff, Caruban

Pokemon Footprints :
-Gen PLA-9 Pokemon Footprints - Caruban

Pokemon Cries:
-Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
-Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
-Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
-PLA Pokemon Cries - Morningdew
-Gen 9 Pokemon Cries -
Edited from Lightblade's Absol Gen 9 Cries compilation video

Edited from HeroLinik's Pokemon Scarlet and Violet - Walking Wake and Iron Leaves Cries video

Edited from HeroLinik's Pokemon Scarlet and Violet - All Teal Mask Cries video

Edited from Joya in UK's Indigo Disk Cries video

Item sprites:
-Gen 9 item sprites - lichenprincess, Caruban, jinxed
-PLA item sprites - AztecCroc, 3DJackArt, Caruban, lichenprincess

Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)

Compilation of Resources:
-Gen 9 Pack - Caruban
-Gen 8/9 Resized Sprites- http404error
-Gen 8 Pack - Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Full PLA-Gen 9 Sprites Credit List:

Deluxe Battle Kit + Z-Move plugin
Lucidious89

Animation
Thanks to the Reborn team for letting people use their resources. You are awesome.
Gen 8 Animation Project lead by StCooler, with additional contributions by DarrylBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer, riddlemeree
Thanks to BellBlitzKing for his Pokemon Sound Effects Pack: Gen 1 to Gen 7 - All Attacks SFX.
Gen 9 Animation Project led by KRLW890 and Nut0066, with additional contributions by Toxillian, QuahogTheCreator, Lcorp, and Shashu-Greninja

Battlebacks
Field, mountain, cave:
Carchagui

Woods:
KyleDove
Disney
Nicorice
aveontrainer

Tilesets
Brick City
1. Ekat
2. Vurtax
3. Heartlessdragoon
4. Alistar
5. Slimshady

Coastal Cave
1. Ekat
2. Heartlessdragoon
3. Vurtax
4. Thedeadheroalistar
5. Zein

General Pokemon Indoor
1. Ekat

Nuphar City
1. Ekat
2. Vurtax
3. Heartlessdragoon
4. thedeadheroalistar
5. Zein
6. War8

Outdoor Collection Big Trees
1. Ekat
2. Vurtax
3. Heartlessdragoon
4. thedeadheroalistar

Outdoor Collection Pine Trees
1. Ekat
2. Vurtax
3. Heartlessdragoon
4. thedeadheroalistar

Pond and Bridge Formatted
1. Ekat
2. Heartlessdragoon

Route 224
1. Ekat
2. Vurtax
3. Heartlessdragoon
4. Zein

Silph City
1. Ekat
2. Heartless Dragoon
3. Morlockhater
4. Nemu
5. Ross Hawkins
6. Pokemon Dawn
7. Slimshady
8. Thedeadheroalistar
9. The-Red-Ex
10. Vurtax
11. Zein

Tea Time
1. Ekat
2. Heartlessdragoon (RSE Pallets)

Thistle Town
1. Ekat
2. Anonalpaca
3. Idilio
4. Heartlessdragoon
5. Vurtax
6. Skidmarc25
7. Thewilddeadhero
8. Zein

Wine Cellar
1. Aveontrainer
2. Ekat
3. Heartlessdragoon

Gen 4-5 OW in Gen 3 style
Gen 4 and Gen 5 Trainers in Gen 3 overworld style:
Young-Dante
Mashirosakura

Sound & Music
Sound effects from:
Pixabay

Background music from:
Pokemon Sword & Shield
Pokemon Sleep
Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
Pokemon Sun & Moon
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet

Dmitry Taras from Pixabay

Please let me know if I miss anyone at credits section.

Last edited:

safr

Elite Trainer
I love the graphic tiles side you use on the world, i admit i still think the og pokemon design looks rough but yeah i love the world graphic

tyranitar.dark

Rookie
Hello, do you have discord? So players can gather there and also make it easier for you to develop if there are bug reports

f-croco0708

Dreaming of the sea full of Spheals
I love the graphic tiles side you use on the world, i admit i still think the og pokemon design looks rough but yeah i love the world graphic
Thanks! I'm trying to make the pokemon design better in the future.

Hello, do you have discord? So players can gather there and also make it easier for you to develop if there are bug reports
Thanks for your suggestion. Here is the discord server invitation link: https://discord.gg/Ybg6CcjMcU . I will update it in the main post.

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Looks great, will give this a go soon and I'll say hi in the discord as well! :-)

Back