• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Innate Abilities (Yet Another "All Abilities Mutation" mod)

Resource Innate Abilities (Yet Another "All Abilities Mutation" mod) 1.5.2

Sonicover

Cooltrainer
Came across a strange bug today while working with Mega Evolution. When the Pokémon Mega Evolves and changes its innate ability, that part works fine. What gets strange is when it changes back. Functionally, it will have its original ability, but if you check its summary page, it will say it still has the ability of the Mega Evolution. What's really strange about this is that if you view the summary in battle, nothing happens except for an incorrect ability being displayed. But if you check it out of battle, then that seems to change things so that the regular Pokémon's ability actually becomes the Mega Evolved ability instead.

For example:
Gyarados has Intimidate as its innate and Mega Evolves so that its innate becomes Mold Breaker.
In the next battle, before Mega Evolving, Gyarados' Intimidate will activate as normal.
If you check Gyarados' summary during the battle, it will say it has Mold Breaker as an innate, even though it just activated Intimidate.
After the battle, if you check its summary through the pause menu, then it will still say it has Mold Breaker, even though it's not Mega Evolved.
In the next battle after checking the pause menu summary screen, Gyarados will now activate Mold Breaker instead of Intimidate without Mega Evolving.
This change persists for all future battles.

I couldn't find a fix for this one myself.

You know, I actually did encounter that one, but I figured out how to fix it fast, and it was before I had an account on this website, so I never mentioned it. Oops.
I haven't been able to replicate this error. Let's go by steps

What did you do?
Mega evolve the pokemon > check summary > revert mega evolution > check summary again

I've tried that and the innates rebert back. I've tried switching and checking the summary and they revert back. I've tried checking the summary before and after, fainting the pokemon, running while mega, etc etc. Nothing seems to keep the mega abilities. By any chance, after the last update, did you update the Innate Summary page as well? By itself it has a check for that situation.

I'll start to mention the updates to the innate summary page as their own vertions in the meta.txt. That seems to be causing some problems

Tsoukinator

Novice
Hello again, long time no post from me.

I've been running into an error that happens 'sometimes' when I start my game and initiate a battle against a trainer.
This error "sometimes" occurs. At first, I thought it was because I have abilities that sometimes change the speed stat on switch in that I had configured incorrectly.

After testing and not being able to prove this, I have a second theory - after a fresh compilation, the priority check may fail when looping through a Pokemon's innates, when one innate is locked behind a level window.

I believe the unknown ID error, is due to the script attempting to perform priority calculations on an ability locked behind a level window.

This is my error. The error occurs right after the trainers send out their first Pokemon. Keen to hear your thoughts.
I'm using Innate Abilities version 1.5.

[2024-09-01 00:49:20 +1000]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Script error in event 2 (coords 20,10), map 109 (Idolstep Town)
Exception: RuntimeError

***Full script:
TrainerBattle.start(:RIVAL1,"Tsoukinator",1)
Backtrace:
GameData:103:in `get'
[Innate Abilities] AAM Ability Effects.rb:81:in `block in triggerSpeedCalc'
[Innate Abilities] AAM Ability Effects.rb:80:in `each'
[Innate Abilities] AAM Ability Effects.rb:80:in `triggerSpeedCalc'
Battle_Battler:255:in `pbSpeed'
Battle_ActionAttacksPriority:152:in `block in pbCalculatePriority'
Battle_ActionAttacksPriority:147:in `each'
Battle_ActionAttacksPriority:147:in `pbCalculatePriority'
Battle_ActionSwitching:304:in `pbOnAllBattlersEnteringBattle'
[Generation 9 Pack] [003] Weather and Status.rb:97:in `pbStartBattleCore'

Sonicover

Cooltrainer
Hello again, long time no post from me.

I've been running into an error that happens 'sometimes' when I start my game and initiate a battle against a trainer.
This error "sometimes" occurs. At first, I thought it was because I have abilities that sometimes change the speed stat on switch in that I had configured incorrectly.

After testing and not being able to prove this, I have a second theory - after a fresh compilation, the priority check may fail when looping through a Pokemon's innates, when one innate is locked behind a level window.

I believe the unknown ID error, is due to the script attempting to perform priority calculations on an ability locked behind a level window.

This is my error. The error occurs right after the trainers send out their first Pokemon. Keen to hear your thoughts.
I'm using Innate Abilities version 1.5.
It shouldn't be an issue with the level cap because locked innates are down right not loaded into the battler.

Edit:
For ease of debug, does the problem happens only with the level caps?
It seems to be a problem with the code of the handler itself but it's very odd that it happens sometimes.

Ok checking the code it seems it's trying to load an unknown ID when it checks for the battlers active innates. Meaning possibly one of the innates in the innate_sets was misspelled and the ID does not exist. But the error happening sometimes is odd. Are you using multiple innate sets or the randomizer? Because if that's the case perhaps it's randomly picking the innate or set with the incorrect ID

Last edited:

Tsoukinator

Novice
It shouldn't be an issue with the level cap because locked innates are down right not loaded into the battler.

Edit:
For ease of debug, does the problem happens only with the level caps?
It seems to be a problem with the code of the handler itself but it's very odd that it happens sometimes.

Ok checking the code it seems it's trying to load an unknown ID when it checks for the battlers active innates. Meaning possibly one of the innates in the innate_sets was misspelled and the ID does not exist. But the error happening sometimes is odd. Are you using multiple innate sets or the randomizer? Because if that's the case perhaps it's randomly picking the innate or set with the incorrect ID
False alarm. User error.

Turns out if you list your innates with an extra comma, programming logic doesn't like that... who would have thought?! 🤦‍♂️
Innates = GEMINIPARTYSTARTER,,PICKUP,DOGARMY

Bguy7

Pokémon Sol Version Creator
I haven't been able to replicate this error. Let's go by steps

What did you do?
Mega evolve the pokemon > check summary > revert mega evolution > check summary again

I've tried that and the innates rebert back. I've tried switching and checking the summary and they revert back. I've tried checking the summary before and after, fainting the pokemon, running while mega, etc etc. Nothing seems to keep the mega abilities. By any chance, after the last update, did you update the Innate Summary page as well? By itself it has a check for that situation.

I'll start to mention the updates to the innate summary page as their own vertions in the meta.txt. That seems to be causing some problems

I'm very sorry to waste your time. It was a problem on my end, not yours. I had edited the way that the Innate Summary Page works to better fit my needs, and must have broken something along the way. I didn't realize that that page had the ability to physically change the abilities, so I assumed it had to be a problem with the main plugin, which I haven't edited, so I assumed it wasn't my edits that were the problem. A test with a stock version of your code is working just fine. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Confirming that it was my fault. I have my edited code working properly now. Silly me.

Last edited:

Sonicover

Cooltrainer
I'm very sorry to waste your time. It was a problem on my end, not yours. I had edited the way that the Innate Summary Page works to better fit my needs, and must have broken something along the way. I didn't realize that that page had the ability to physically change the abilities, so I assumed it had to be a problem with the main plugin, which I haven't edited, so I assumed it wasn't my edits that were the problem. A test with a stock version of your code is working just fine. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Confirming that it was my fault. I have my edited code working properly now. Silly me.
Don't worry. Actually I'm glad beacuse I was going INSANE trying to find the cause of the problem lol. I'm glad you did find the error eventually!

Sonicover

Cooltrainer
False alarm. User error.

Turns out if you list your innates with an extra comma, programming logic doesn't like that... who would have thought?! 🤦‍♂️
Lol, I'm glad you did notice. Even so, it's on part my fault for not adding a validation check on compiling that throws an error in case it tries to compile an undefined or wrongly defined ID to avoid those confutions on the first place.

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
I wonder how to make the game run without PBS files as I don't want players to touch any PBS files. But when I delete the PBS folder and run the game out of debug mode it crashes.
No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - PBS/innate_sets.txt

[Innate Abilities] Innate Abilities - InnateSets Gameclass.rb:25:in `initialize'
[Innate Abilities] Innate Abilities - InnateSets Gameclass.rb:25:in `open'
[Innate Abilities] Innate Abilities - InnateSets Gameclass.rb:25:in `load'
001_GameData.rb:251:in `block in load_all'
001_GameData.rb:249:in `each'
001_GameData.rb:249:in `load_all'
[TDW Berry Core and Dex] 001_BerryData.rb:103:in `load_all'
[Item Crafting UI Plus] 003_CompilerChanges.rb:5:in `load_all'
001_StartGame.rb:12:in `initialize'
999_Main.rb:30:in `mainFunctionDebug'
999_Main.rb:20:in `mainFunction'
999_Main.rb:45:in `block (2 levels) in load_scripts_from_folder'
999_Main.rb:44:in `loop'
999_Main.rb:44:in `block in load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:35:in `eval'
Section000:35:in `block in load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:32:in `each'
Section000:32:in `load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:45:in `block in load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:44:in `each'
Section000:44:in `load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:49:in `<main>'
-e:in `eval'

Tsoukinator

Novice
I wonder how to make the game run without PBS files as I don't want players to touch any PBS files. But when I delete the PBS folder and run the game out of debug mode it crashes.
No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - PBS/innate_sets.txt

[Innate Abilities] Innate Abilities - InnateSets Gameclass.rb:25:in `initialize'
[Innate Abilities] Innate Abilities - InnateSets Gameclass.rb:25:in `open'
[Innate Abilities] Innate Abilities - InnateSets Gameclass.rb:25:in `load'
001_GameData.rb:251:in `block in load_all'
001_GameData.rb:249:in `each'
001_GameData.rb:249:in `load_all'
[TDW Berry Core and Dex] 001_BerryData.rb:103:in `load_all'
[Item Crafting UI Plus] 003_CompilerChanges.rb:5:in `load_all'
001_StartGame.rb:12:in `initialize'
999_Main.rb:30:in `mainFunctionDebug'
999_Main.rb:20:in `mainFunction'
999_Main.rb:45:in `block (2 levels) in load_scripts_from_folder'
999_Main.rb:44:in `loop'
999_Main.rb:44:in `block in load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:35:in `eval'
Section000:35:in `block in load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:32:in `each'
Section000:32:in `load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:45:in `block in load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:44:in `each'
Section000:44:in `load_scripts_from_folder'
Section000:49:in `<main>'
-e:in `eval'

I'm a little confused at what you're trying to achieve here. If you have no PBS files, you will have no data (for any PBS file).
You could include a blank PBS file with no data - or if you really want players do not touch the PBS file, you can publish the game (I believe this packages up everything).

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
I'm a little confused at what you're trying to achieve here. If you have no PBS files, you will have no data (for any PBS file).
You could include a blank PBS file with no data - or if you really want players do not touch the PBS file, you can publish the game (I believe this packages up everything).
I mean, I want players to play the game without PBS files.

Tsoukinator

Novice
I mean, I want players to play the game without PBS files.
I think I understand. Do you mean you have delete every PBS file you have (e.g. Pokemon, Items, Innate_sets, etc).
If so, I don't believe the game works this way (e.g. you won't have any Pokemon or Items in your game).

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
I think I understand. Do you mean you have delete every PBS file you have (e.g. Pokemon, Items, Innate_sets, etc).
If so, I don't believe the game works this way (e.g. you won't have any Pokemon or Items in your game).
Just have the data compiled and send the game to players to play out of debug mode. Normally the game can run without PBS out of debug mode.

Last edited:

Sonicover

Cooltrainer
Just have the data compiled and send the game to players to play out of debug mode. Normally the game can run without PBS out of debug mode.
Yes, this seems to be a HUGE oversight from my part. The Innate compiler checks fot a hard-coded path to load the innates constantly.

I'll need to tweak it some more to load them only on compiling and then load the sets straight from there instead of constantly cheking for the PBS folder

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
Yes, this seems to be a HUGE oversight from my part. The Innate compiler checks fot a hard-coded path to load the innates constantly.

I'll need to tweak it some more to load them only on compiling and then load the sets straight from there instead of constantly cheking for the PBS folder
I am looking forward to your next update.

Sonicover

Cooltrainer
Sonicover updated Innate Abilities (Yet Another "All Abilities Mutation" mod) with a new update entry:

Publishing fix and some other errors

YOU HAVE TO RE-COMPILE AND START A NEW GAME AFTER THIS UPDATE, AS IT CHANGES IT'S BEHAVIOR A BIT
  • Fixed an error when you tried to run the game without the PBS folder, so publishing your project or releasing a beta was impossible. Without the PBS files at least.
  • Added the dependency of Moduler UI scenes in the meta file for the Innate Summary page so it always loads after it.
  • Btw, always be sure that the innate summary page is the same...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sonicover

Cooltrainer
I am looking forward to your next update.
Sorry for the long wait, I hate double shifts lol. Now it should create a file in the DATA folder where it stores all of the compiled innate sets, so the PBS folder is no longer a necessity and the game can be played without the PBS or Plugins folder with the direct .exe file right away.

Please report any other errors you might find!

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
Sorry for the long wait, I hate double shifts lol. Now it should create a file in the DATA folder where it stores all of the compiled innate sets, so the PBS folder is no longer a necessity and the game can be played without the PBS or Plugins folder with the direct .exe file right away.

Please report any other errors you might find!
many thanks!

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
Btw seems Opportunist and Guard Dog can work fine as far as I have tested in v1.5.1 of this plugin.

kimminal

Rookie
Hey guys I have installed the latest gen 9 pack 3.2.7 and then this mod and it keeps giving me an error to update gen 9 plugin higher then 3.2.6

full error is:

Plugin Error:
Plugin 'Modular UI Scenes' requires 'Generation 9 pack', if installed to be version 3.2.6 or higher, but the instaleld verion is 3.2.3.
Check https://reliccastle.com/threads/5817/ for an update to 'Generatin 9 pack'.

Tsoukinator

Novice
Hey guys I have installed the latest gen 9 pack 3.2.7 and then this mod and it keeps giving me an error to update gen 9 plugin higher then 3.2.6

full error is:

Plugin Error:
Plugin 'Modular UI Scenes' requires 'Generation 9 pack', if installed to be version 3.2.6 or higher, but the instaleld verion is 3.2.3.
Check https://reliccastle.com/threads/5817/ for an update to 'Generatin 9 pack'.
Have you attempted going to the following link and updating your Generation 9 Pack to version 3.2.6?
https://eeveeexpo.com/threads/5817/

Back