• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Diadem Chapter 1: In The Rough | New Rebornlike Fangame

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
image.png.1a62db6d373adb93e1dff3676d0c5222.png

STORY

The Arpegia Region, a land where one thing matters most; power. You are the child of the King and Queen, the most powerful trainers in all the land. You begin your journey in Dawnsford Castle on the opening day of the Arpegia League Gauntlet. The Gauntlet is a tournament wherein the winner shall rise to be Ruler of Arpegia, replacing your parents as King and Queen. Your best friend and butler Linque convinces you to escape, going only off of this potential he claims to see in you. Travel and challenge the Guardians of Arpegia while uncovering what is really happening behind the scenes in Dawnsford Castle.

Inspired by games like Dragon Quest and Octopath Traveler, Pokemon Diadem answers the question "What would it look like if Pokemon were combined with medieval fantasy?"

===================================================================================

CHARACTERS

image.png.6c69bee637fb9de122e97629a2953eb3.png

Choose from one of 6 different protagonists.

image.png.6607bee1d97d8685c8ab44d128df684b.png

Linque Dinsa, your Butler and best friend.

image.png.a32ff2ddb3766092825a21b70bac7c0d.png
image.png.5cb2f3d033836c7a508a8ab57679af8c.png

Nyah and Mathu, two important trainers you will meet along the way.

===================================================================================

FEATURES

All Pokemon through Generation 9 + DLC!

image.png.fb1d2db0d30ddaff48482768d58aa775.png

Custom Regional Variants!

image.png.b81c87fad145f1ca3e7e3a3fe11345c7.png

Reborn Field Effect System!

image.png.634988715928b15a9812437a7d6b2cf7.png
image.png.703009c8fe4cf85cbf5c650b4bec443c.png

With New and Familiar Fields

18 Gyms!

image.png.5453c9ab9a0804bb31ad6c76e8493dcd.png

1 in current release

SCREENSHOTS

image.png.56eaf986b0ce7ae812eeb5497daeff96.png
image.png.321ac9a8bcc963d9d33e261cb049519e.png
image.png.3c9c0bb98a5224a405d0a7fb2ea38676.png

image.png.fdf214c84738038586a8b086cafb1c74.png
image.png.b7b4ed14f2d897933c9d3ab94434725f.png
image.png.5d9acb61f23273cff5ab53da0b1501e4.png

image.png.161daaa1cb63a35ea766a22cfb8799b5.png
image.png.816fc23de57b656e8445f39fc0b86357.png
image.png.9bf3e7fe69cc3df9062872fa66dfbafc.png

KNOWN BUGS

Bugs are being caught and dealt with ASAP! If you find a bug, join the Discord to see if it may have been fixed already.
——
Going to the Encounters tab in the Pokedex crashes the game

Trying to withdraw an item from Item Storage crashes game

DOWNLOAD

Google Drive:

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CCXSFrLx6Nl3h49fv7TVR-hHzEBcVv4B/view?usp=sharing

MEGA:

This game is definitely a work in progress, and as a solo dev learning RPG Maker for the first time, I'm proud of what I was able to accomplish. I don't have details right now, but am definitely looking to recruit some people and get a team together to make this dream game of mine come true.

Join our discord for information on future updates and to report bugs!

https://discord.gg/hQp7Vr4Aa8

Developed By:

Matt/Puff

Made with RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials

Heavily inspired by Pokemon Reborn, Rejuvenation, and Desolation

Credits
=== LEAD DEVELOPER ===

MattPuff

Massive amounts of credit go to the teams of Pokemon Reborn, Rejuvenation, and Desolation.
Not only are they a massive source of inspiration, but I referenced a lot of the art from those games for Diadem.
If anything should pose a problem (i.e. I shouldn't have done certain things with the art), please reach out to me and I will fix it.

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
  • Flameguru
  • Poccil (Peter O.)
  • Maruno

With contributions from:
  • Marin
  • Boushy
  • MiDas Mike
  • Brother1440
  • Near Fantastica
  • FL.
  • PinkMan
  • Genzai Kawakami
  • Popper
  • Golisopod User
  • Rataime
  • help-14
  • Savordez
  • IceGod64
  • SoundSpawn
  • Jacob O. Wobbrock
  • the__end
  • KitsuneKouta
  • Venom12
  • Lisa Anthony
  • Wachunga
  • Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
- Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

=== GEN 9 MOVE ANIMATION PROJECT ===
Thanks to the Reborn team for letting people use their resources. You are awesome.
Gen 8 Animation Project lead by StCooler, with additional contributions by DarrylBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer, riddlemeree
Thanks to BellBlitzKing for his Pokemon Sound Effects Pack: Gen 1 to Gen 7 - All Attacks SFX.
Gen 9 Animation Project led by KRLW890 and Nut0066, with additional contributions by Toxillian, QuahogTheCreator, Lcorp, and Shashu-Greninja

Individuals:
luisserpa. for doing between-map BGM scripts
eriedaberrie for coding Rage Elixir

Plugins:
Advanced Items - Field Moves
- Bergium, TechSkylander1518, Moyo, Marin

Customizable Level Cap
- Phantombass

Easy Text Skip
- Amethyst, Kurotsune, ENLS

Encounter List UI (v20)
- ThatWelshOne_,raZ,Marin,Maruno,Nuri Yuri,PurpleZaffre,Savordez,Vendily

Character Selection
- FL

EVs and IVs in Summary
- Deoxysprime

Field Effects
- Amethyst,Blind Guardian, BIGFriv, Golisopod User
- Extra appreciation to BIGFriv for assistance learning the plugin

Generation 8 Pack Scripts
- Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

Generation 9 Pack
- Caruban

Improved AI
- KRLW890

Level Based Mixed EV System and Allocator
- DemICE

Modern Quest System + UI
- ThatWelshOne_,mej71,derFischae,Marin

Relearner from Party
- Marin

Better Speed Up
- Marin for the original script, Phantombass for updating to 19.1

Updated Quicksave
- Marin, CrystalStar

v20.1 Hotfixes
- Maruno

Voltseon's A-Star Pathfinding
- Voltseon, Golisopod User, ENLS

Sprites:
Oripoke @oripoke_
- Arpegian Bidoof and Bibarel

Gen 9 Summary Egg Sprites:

Overworld:
  • aveontrainer
  • Kalarie

Trainer Battle:
- kyledove

Animations:
- Gen 8 Animation Project led by StCooler, with additional contributions by DarrylBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer, riddlemeree
Thanks to BellBlitzKing for his Pokemon Sound Effects Pack: Gen 1 to Gen 7 - All Attacks SFX.
- Gen 9 Animation Project led by KRLW890 and Nut0066, with additional contributions by Toxillian, QuahogTheCreator, Lcorp, and Shashu-Greninja

Last edited:

GubGar

Connoisseur of Minigames and Sidequests.
Just played through chapter one, and wanted to give my thoughts.

As a brief 'should you play' review for anyone curious: Yeah, for sure give it a try. The game is still in its fledgling stages so it's not crazy polished yet, but I ran into no bugs that I noticed, and enjoyed myself both gameplay-wise and story-wise.

For a more in-depth opinion, I wanted to say first that my favorite part of the experience was the world the game takes place in, which obviously is still the Pokemon world, but had a lot of thought put into this particular part of that world. It isn't mind-blowingly different to other Pokemon regions, but I think that's for the best. It has its own identity and more than enough cool and unique ideas to keep me engaged moving forward.

I do think there was a bit of a problem with being taken out of the flow, though. Not a major issue at all, but inside the castle, the feature of walking up to people and the game asking you if you want to start a cutscene kind of took me out of the action. Which sucks because I did really like the characterization within the cutscenes! Another thing that threw me off to a lesser degree were some of the very casual not-royal-sounding dialogue that the main character's younger sibling delivered. Minor criticisms, but something I wanted to note.

Beyond those two instances and the player having little narrative agency (which pretty much all Pokemon games have, that's totally not something to dock points over!), the writing was very strong, and I'm very interested to see how it progresses.

Sprite work looks good, especially since the project is still in its early stages. The stand out examples of quality are the statue of the founder and his team in the castle (seriously, what a cool addition!), and the regional Bidoof sprite, which looks great across the board. Interested to see how the revamped main character sprites look next chapter!

Combat was fun, far less difficult than Reborn and most games like it, but not without challenge. At least until I was near the end where I hit the level cap way earlier than I expected and was able to dominate the rest of the chapter save for the gym battle. That might have been my fault, though, it's hard to tell when levels come into play. Generally I like this level of difficulty, especially for the early game. It didn't hold my hand but didn't come out throwing elbows off-rip either, which was appreciated.

Overall, it was very fun, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter!

Last edited:
Solid demo! I enjoyed all aspects of the game, from the captivating octopath traveler music to the stunning sprite and tilework! The gameplay had a good balance; even though the first crest battle was challenging, finding a strategy was satisfying (I still can't believe Pineco was my wincon). The Bidoof line was really awesome, and I'm interested to see more regional forms. The field effects spiced up battles, even though they were pretty simple so far. I can definitely see the reborn inspiration, but this game clearly has a unique identity. My only critique is that the cave section felt a bit too long, and the encounter rates and were quite high without repels. Overall, I'm excited for future chapters and will definitely continue playing!

Back