• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Regional Dexes up to Gen 9 1.0

HeddyGames

Novice
HeddyGames submitted a new resource:

Regional Dexes up to Gen 9 - A simple regional_dexes list ready to use including all existing 1025 Pokémon in order.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my first contribution to the community with this simple regional_dexes list ready to use.
If you want your game to have all existing 1025 Pokémon (up to Gen 9) in their respective regional dex, just open your PBS file "regional_dexes.txt" and replace the content with:
Code:
# See the documentation on the wiki to learn how to edit this file.
#-------------------------------
[0]
BULBASAUR
IVYSAUR
VENUSAUR
CHARMANDER
CHARMELEON
CHARIZARD
SQUIRTLE
WARTORTLE...

Read more about this resource...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
As someone who did this manually was pain. Thanks for uploading this for others ease in suffering.

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
The one thing I find weird about this is the fact that in-canon, Kitakami is its own region, different from Paldea, and that Blueberry is canonically part of Unova.

Mind you, it looks like your regional dex here is based on generation of origin, not on the actual regional dexes in-universe. So it's just a bit of label discrepancy. These are based on Generation, not Region.

For those who want the (pseudo-)canon regional dexes, I've got this file. Though, please note that it's from my game, and as such I have made some decisions a prospective user may or may not agree with:
  • For games that have gotten remakes, I will use the remakes' versions of the dex. This means that Hoenn uses the ORAS dex, not the RSE dex, that Johto uses the HGSS dex, not the GSC dex. I do not use LGPE's version of the Kanto dex, though I don't think FRLG is that different aside from Meltan and Melmetal.
  • I actually extended the logic of HGSS and ORAS's dexes to Sinnoh and Unova - adding in Pokémon that were evolutions to ones that appeared in the old dex but existed at the time of the remakes (or would exist at the time of hypothetical Gen 5 remakes), to the new dexes. I tried to reverse this for the file included here, but I may have missed something.
  • For Unova and Galar, I treat the base game (BW1, SwSh) as the default Pokédex and then append any additional mons from later entries (BW2, SwSh's DLC) afterwards, in the order that they appear in the updated Pokédex for those games.
And then, just for this public file, I treated Hisui, Kitakami, and Blueberry as their own regions and added their respective regional dexes to this file (even though Blueberry is canonically part of Unova, I wasn't in the mood to sift through and figure out which mons were already part of the BW2 Unova dex and then re-code my game to show Alolan forms in the Unova dex for specific mons in the middle of the night, I might do that when I am awake tomorrow).

Attachments

• regional_dexes.txt
    32.9 KB · Views: 15

HeddyGames

Novice
The one thing I find weird about this is the fact that in-canon, Kitakami is its own region, different from Paldea, and that Blueberry is canonically part of Unova.

Mind you, it looks like your regional dex here is based on generation of origin, not on the actual regional dexes in-universe. So it's just a bit of label discrepancy. These are based on Generation, not Region.

For those who want the (pseudo-)canon regional dexes, I've got this file. Though, please note that it's from my game, and as such I have made some decisions a prospective user may or may not agree with:
  • For games that have gotten remakes, I will use the remakes' versions of the dex. This means that Hoenn uses the ORAS dex, not the RSE dex, that Johto uses the HGSS dex, not the GSC dex. I do not use LGPE's version of the Kanto dex, though I don't think FRLG is that different aside from Meltan and Melmetal.
  • I actually extended the logic of HGSS and ORAS's dexes to Sinnoh and Unova - adding in Pokémon that were evolutions to ones that appeared in the old dex but existed at the time of the remakes (or would exist at the time of hypothetical Gen 5 remakes), to the new dexes. I tried to reverse this for the file included here, but I may have missed something.
  • For Unova and Galar, I treat the base game (BW1, SwSh) as the default Pokédex and then append any additional mons from later entries (BW2, SwSh's DLC) afterwards, in the order that they appear in the updated Pokédex for those games.
And then, just for this public file, I treated Hisui, Kitakami, and Blueberry as their own regions and added their respective regional dexes to this file (even though Blueberry is canonically part of Unova, I wasn't in the mood to sift through and figure out which mons were already part of the BW2 Unova dex and then re-code my game to show Alolan forms in the Unova dex for specific mons in the middle of the night, I might do that when I am awake tomorrow).
Hi,

Indeed, they are the generation dexes. However, I use "regional" based on Essentials terms.

PD: If you transfer Kitakami of Blueberry Pokémon to Home, their region says Paldea 🥲

Back