• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Tip Cards

Resource Tip Cards 1.2

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
What I eventually want is to emulate Scarlet/Violet's adventure guide.
I had a list like this before, but I ditched it for your plugin because it's nicer in other ways.
Is this kind of list planned, or should I go ahead and tweak the plugin? View attachment 26556

There's not enough room for the list AND the preview, but a list that then switches to the tip selected when you click it would be what I'm going for.
If you plan on doing that, I'll just wait.
Groups and the group header already acts like that list, just without the list view always on screen. For instance, you just make a group called Crouching and add both tips about crouching to it. Add all the other groups too (Catching Pokemon, Battling against Wild Pokemon, etc.) all with their associated sets of tips. After the player sees all of those, and you use the Adventure Guide item (or other revisiting group commands directly), you'll be able to move between the groups just like you can on the Scarlet Violet list

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
Groups and the group header already acts like that list, just without the list view always on screen. For instance, you just make a group called Crouching and add both tips about crouching to it. Add all the other groups too (Catching Pokemon, Battling against Wild Pokemon, etc.) all with their associated sets of tips. After the player sees all of those, and you use the Adventure Guide item (or other revisiting group commands directly), you'll be able to move between the groups just like you can on the Scarlet Violet list
Yeah, I've done it. I was just wanting more of the multiple items showing as a vertical list. But that's okay

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Yeah, I've done it. I was just wanting more of the multiple items showing as a vertical list. But that's okay
Once I'm able to get back to my computer, I'll look into adding it as an option. Shouldn't be too hard to add

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
wrigty12 updated Tip Cards with a new update entry:

Update 1.2 - More settings and showing a list of groups

BEFORE UPDATING ANY FILES: If you have made any edits to the 000_Settings file, make sure to make a backup of that files before updating the plugin. If you copy over files to update, it will overwrite your changes.

Change Log
  • ⚙️Added a TIP_CARDS_GROUP_LIST setting. If this is true, when the player uses the SPECIAL control, a list of all groups available to view will appear for the player to jump to one.
  • ⚙️Added a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back