• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon: Innocent Soul

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Pokémon: Innocent Soul
View attachment 27138
"An innocent soul never dies."

I'm finally back with a new game. It's been quite some time. This one is a bit shorter than my other games and takes a wildly different approach to the progression system. Since I tried something totally new, I hope this game sets the new standard for my series going forward. It's heavy on the story and dialogue, so if you don't like that, well... that's that.

New/Updated Features
Innocent Soul uses Pokémon Essentials v21!
A Brand-New Region - Welcome to the Ryoku region, a completely new region, based off of a few prefectures in Japan.
Multiple Protagonists - What, really? Yes! You'll be able to see how they interact with others!
Shared Item Storage - With multiple protagonists, how will you share items between characters? Well, talk to the Move Master to access the Item Storage. You can deposit an item in the Item Storage, and the other protagonist can take it out and place it into their Bag. Simple, right?
Alternate Game Modes Return - As usual, I've included more game modes. There are three, the Single Pokémon Run, Radical Mode, and Oger Mode.
Generation 9 Mechanics and Pokémon - My game uses Pokémon Scarlet and Violet's mechanics and Pokémon. This includes both DLCs.
1,025 Pokémon - Just to clarify, every single Pokémon is in Innocent Soul. No dexcuts here.
Older Quality of Life Features Retained - Toggleable Exp. Share, turning off battle animations, and a full options menu are in Innocent Soul too.
The Full Generation 9 TM List, plus Reusable TMs - Yes, my game has 229 TMs, just like in Gen 9. However, they are usable as much as you'd like.
The Move Master Returns Once Again - A mainstay of my games, the Move Master returns again. He can make a Pokémon remember moves, forget moves, check their friendship, teach them the move Return (since it's not deleted here, why would it be?), and help you with hatching Eggs via the Nursery.
Overworld Encounters, If You'd Like - It's up to you. Do you like random encounters? You can keep it that way. Do you want overworld encounters? Use any of the items that come from Pokémon Let's Go, those being the Lure, Super Lure, and Max Lure! Not only do they allow overworld encounters for a set amount of steps, but they raise the wild Pokémon's levels and they slightly increase the Shiny rate.
HM Items - They take a slightly less important role in Innocent Soul, but they are still there.
Markings - You know those markings on Pokémon in Gen 8 and Gen 9 that no one really pays attention to? They're in Innocent Soul too! Why not see if the Pokémon you caught has a special marking of its own?
Trade Evolutions. They're Still Here, but... - Don't panic. You can trade with your partner at any hangout spot, and it's as easy as a single call on the Pokégear.
Poké Ball Swapping - If you have the appropriate Poké Ball, you can swap a Poké Ball that a Pokémon is caught in with another one. Of course, if that Poké Ball happens to be a Luxury Ball, it won't affect the Pokémon's friendship. Nice try! But it's good for people who like having a certain "theme".
DexNav - The DexNav is available and can be used to search for Pokémon that have previously been seen or captured. This allows Pokémon with Hidden Abilities and Egg Moves to be found easily.
Crafting? Here?! - Once you reach a certain point, crafting will become available. The player can craft old Poké Balls: the ones seen many, many years ago in the Hisui region. Wild Pokémon will start dropping crafting materials as well. Craft away with the Crafting Kit anywhere, anytime.
What's Missing... - Unfortunately, due to conflicts with the scripts I was using, Z-Moves, Dynamax, and Terastallization are not in Innocent Soul and will not be added.

The Ryoku Region
View attachment 27139
Yes, the region really is that big. While the northeast section of the region is unexplored and unpopulated, there are five prefectures, those being Shutocho, Kaiyou Prefecture, Shizuka Prefecture, Kaede Prefecture, and Yashinoki Prefecture.

The Story
Innocent Soul starts a new timeline for my games. Therefore, nothing in this game is connected to any of my past games. If there are some unanswered questions, then they may just be answered someday. But probably not anytime soon.

What is a soul? Can a soul truly be innocent? What is innocence? According to a legend passed down in Ryoku, everybody is born with an innocent soul. But if someone wanted to, could they give up their soul? Can a person live without a soul? Follow along with the almighty kami and see if such a question can be answered.

Screenshots

Download
Version 1.2.2, May 1st, 2024
Download HERE!
Alternate Link (Mega): Here

Discord
This time, I've made a single Discord server for Innocent Soul and my older games. That is the best place to get updates about my games.
Join here.

Guide
Look, I understand. Some parts of my game may be confusing, considering how many items and Pokémon there are. I made a guide that covers certain things about my game. No story is included, though.
Take a look at the guide
here.

Credits
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Inspired by work by Flameguru

With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Boushy, Brother1440, FL., Genzai Kawakami,
Golisopod User, help-14, IceGod64, Jacob O. Wobbrock, KitsuneKouta,
Lisa Anthony, Luka S.J., Marin, MiDas Mike, Near Fantastica,
PinkMan, Popper, Rataime, Savordez, SoundSpawn,
the__end, Venom12, Wachunga, and everyone else who helped out

mkxp-z by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

Additional Despawn Methods - Overworld Encounters Add On - TrankerGolD (original), derFischae (update)
Advanced Items Field Moves - Bergium, TechSkylander1518, Moyo, Marin
Aggressive Encounters - Overworld Encounters Add On - derFischae, Skyflyer
Alcremie + Furfrou Form Changer - LcorpOfficial, based on a script written by Gardenette#6330 for vox#8818
Arcky's Region Map - Arcky
Automatic Level Scaling - Benitex, Joltik, Umbreon
Bag Screen with interactable Party - DiegoWT
Berrypots - Caruban
BI (Better Itemfinder) - Kotaro
Dexnav v21.1 - Phantombass: the majority of the fixes to this script,suzerain: backbone for New DexNav,NuriYuri and the developers of SimpleEncounterUI
Encounter List UI - ThatWelshOne_, raZ,Marin, Maruno, Nuri Yuri, PurpleZaffre, Savordez, Vendily
Enhanced Pokémon UI - Lucidious89
Following Pokémon EX - DumbbrotersTV, Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, PurpleZaffre, Akizakura16, Thundaga, Armin (Fairies Resource Pack), Maruno
Free Summary Screens: Akizakura16

Generation 9 Pack Scripts:
-Caruban
-Lucidious89
-Eskiss (Original Legend Plate script)
-StCooler (Original PLA Expansion script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the PLA Expansion script script for v19.1 use)

PBS:
-Caruban
-Lucidious89
-PorousMist (Updated the abilities, items, and moves description)
-DJChaos (TM Items)
-Futuresushi (Shortened abilities and moves description)

Pokemon Battler Sprites:
-Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
-Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
-Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
-Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
-PLA Pokemon Sprites - Smogon Sprite Project
Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite, SelenaArmorclaw
-Gen 9 Pokemon Sprites - KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Caruban, jinxed, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Azria, Mashirosakura,
JordanosArt, Abnayami, OldSoulja, Katten, Divaruta 666, Clara, Skyflyer, AshnixsLaw, ace_stryfe
-Gen 9 Vanilla style sprites - KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Caruban, jinxed, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Azria, Mashirosakura, JordanosArt, Scept, NanaelJustice, SoyChim, KRLW890, AnonAlpaca, PokeJminer, Red7246, Carmanekko, Eduar, Lykeron, GriloKapu10, Mesayas, Erkey830, QDylm, PorousMist, OldSoulja, AlexandreV2.0, Z-nogyroP, lennybitao, Ruben1986, GRAFAIAIMX
Blaquaza, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite

Pokemon Icon Sprites:
-Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia, harveydentmd
-Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
-Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
-Shiny Icon Sprites - StarrWolf, Pokemon Shattered Light Team
-PLA Pokemon Icon Sprites - LuigiTKO
-Gen 9 Icon Sprites - ezerart, JordanosArt
-PLA Vanilla Icon Sprites - LuigiTKO, Pikafan2000, Cesare_CBass, Vent, Cesare_Cbass, MultiDiegoDani, leParagon, JWNutz
and thanks for Pokémon Icons Act 2.9 - Teracristalizando
-Gen 9 Vanilla Icon Sprites - Vent, Katten, leParagon, Cesare_CBass, AlexandreV2.0, Carmanekko, GRAFAIAIMX
also thanks to Axel Loquendo, CarmaNekko, Divaruta 666, Okyo, JLauz735, and ClaraDragon for Iconos 9na Gen gba completos

Pokemon Gen 9 Overworld sprites:
-Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo
-Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
-Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
-Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
-Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
-PLA Pokemon Overworlds - Boonzeet, DarkusShadow, princess-phoenix, Ezeart, WolfPP
-Gen 9 Pokemon Overworlds - Azria, DarkusShadow, EduarPokeN, Carmanekko, StarWolff, Caruban

Pokemon Footprints :
-Gen PLA-9 Pokemon Footprints - Caruban

Pokemon Cries:
-Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
-Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
-Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
-PLA Pokemon Cries - Morningdew
-Gen 9 Pokemon Cries -
Edited from Lightblade Absol's Gen 9 Cries compilation video
Edited from HeroLinik's Pokemon Scarlet and Violet - Walking Wake and Iron Leaves Cries video
Edited from HeroLinik's Pokemon Scarlet and Violet - All Teal Mask Cries video

Item sprites:
-Gen 9 item sprites - lichenprincess, Caruban, jinxed
-PLA item sprites - AztecCroc, 3DJackArt, Caruban, lichenprincess

Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)

Compilation of Resources:
-Gen 9 Pack - Caruban
-Gen 8/9 Resized Sprites - http404error
-Gen 8 Pack - Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Hyper Training - Jonas930
Improved Mementos - Lucidious89
Item Ball Printer - FL
Item Crafting UI Plus - ThatWelshOne_, Vendily
ItemFind - Boonzeet

Japanese Indoor Tileset:
Nintendo (Pokemon Emerald, the japanese letters, table and floor cushions as well as pot, and one of the floor textures)
Carmenmcs (Futon Matress on Floor concept)
Monteso (A couple tree concepts)
Hojichas (Couple of the wall texture concepts)
Bildresultat (The round window concept)
Dsurion (Some of the wall Concepts)
SDV (For the oval shelf concept)

Mid battle scripts - Golisopod User, Luka SJ, Grogro
Modular UI Scenes - Lucidious89
MQS - ThatWelshOne_, mej71, derFischae, Marin, Golisopod User

Multiple Protagonists - NettoHikari

Overworld Items:
Sprites:
Wergan
ImZero

Formatting:
ImZero

Overworld Weather Enhancements - DerxwnaKapsyla
Sewer Tileset - aveontrainer, Magiscarf, Kyle Dove, Kane89

School Tileset:
aveontrainer
Credits to PokemonEclipse & seiyouh (Chalkboard)
SpritersResource (Reference on Book Shelves Desks and Chairs)
Phyromatical 7 Thatsowitty (Gym Stuff Reference)
StarDewValley (Skeleton Reference)
KyleDove (Globe, Map)
ausberge (Arts stuff reference)
exiled-shadow (lockers reference)
supercow (science stuff reference)

Poké Ball Swap - TechSkylander1518
Pokédex Data Page - Lucidious89
Starter Selection - Limnodromus, shiney570
Thieving into Bag - Apples, Indian Animator
Timed Weather - Golisopod User
Visible Overworld Wild Encounters - derFischae

Public Gen 3 Tiles (used for the Pokémon Center's exterior) - Foxowl, TheDeadHeroAlistair, Game Freak, carchagui, LordKazeh, leParagon, Magiscarf, Vurtax, Acanthite Team, Palladium Forums
Steam animation - Lord Lucario 35
Mr. Hyper - Jonas930
Apricorn trees - DerxwnaKapsyla, Zaffre, Brom
USUM / XY / SwSH Sprites - kyledove
S/M/US/UM Trainer Overworld Sprites - Droid779
Project Heliodor Composite RPG Maker XP Tileset (w/Palm Trees) - TheDeadHeroAlistair, Kyledove, Serg!o, J-Treecko, Fangking Omega, Remy
Silph City tileset - Ekat99, Heartless Dragoon, Morlockhater, Nemu, Ross Hawkins, Pokémon Dawn, Slimshady, TheDeadHeroAlistair, The-Red-Ex, Vurtax, Zein
Torii gate tiles - Magiscarf
Gen. 5 Storage Wallpapers - barubary, RedBlueYellow, TechSkylander1518
Secret Base tileset - Klein, Vendily
Squawkabilly, Spidops, Scovillain Overworld Sprites - EduarPokeN
Fallen Cherry Blossom Petals tiles - SkidMarc25
Chest Gimmighoul sprite by G.E.Z.
Shiny Icon from NPB's Battle UI, by No pro bro, BiggusWeebus, Taiga
Legends: Arceus item sprites, S/V DLC item sprites by lichen
The Gen 9 Move Animation Project from Relic Castle:
"Thanks to the Reborn team for letting people use their resources. You are awesome.
Gen 8 Animation Project led by StCooler, with additional contributions by DarrylBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer, riddlemeree
Thanks to BellBlitzKing for his Pokemon Sound Effects Pack: Gen 1 to Gen 7 - All Attacks SFX.
Gen 9 Animation Project led by KRLW890 and Nut0066, with additional contributions by Toxillian, QuahogTheCreator, Lcorp, and Shashu-Greninja"

"Sakuya" (Shutocho and Kanzan Town's Themes) - Peritune
"Haru no Umi" (Izumi Town Theme) - Nanae Yoshimura
"Sakura Sakura" (Prof. Sakura's Theme) - Traditional Japanese Music
"Baka Mitai (MIDI Edition)" from Yakuza Zero - from HamieNet.com
"Plastic Love (Famicom Edition) - from HamieNet.com
"VIOLET (Piano Ver.)" - Captain_Meow (Musescore)
"Friday Night (MIDI Edition)" from Yakuza Zero - Banana1242
24-hour Cinderella (MIDI Edition) from Yakuza Zero - sandvich1015
"Rokudan" (Route Theme #1) - Akiko Hasegawa
"Hachidan" (Route Theme #2) - Akiko Hasegawa
"Seoto" (Omamori City Theme) - Nanae Yoshimura / Yamato Ensemble
"Beneath the Mask (Piano Ver.) - from Persona 5 - on HamieNet.com by Nickolas Jaques
"Mass Destruction" (Trainer Battle Theme 1) - from Persona 3 and Persona 3 FES
"Wiping All Out" (Trainer Battle Theme 2) - from Persona 3 Portable
"Pull The Trigger" (Trainer Battle Theme 3) - from Persona Q2 New Cinema Labyrinth
"Light the Fire Up in the Night" (Wild Battle Theme) - from Persona Q

Last edited:

DragonChar

Rookie
This is a fantastically made game. The story is extremely intriguing and catchy and the features are out of this world. You are an incredibly talented individual and I wish you the best going forward.

As for your other games, especially Blossom of Soul, there is a huge lagging problem. While Innocent Soul runs extremely smooth, the other games lag very much. Which is sort of a let down because the stories and the features of those games have me hooked. If you could kindly look into the same and make them function smoothly the same way as Innocent Soul, I would be incredibly grateful.

That being said, I have thoroughly enjoyed this game and I look forward to more projects from your side!

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
This is a fantastically made game. The story is extremely intriguing and catchy and the features are out of this world. You are an incredibly talented individual and I wish you the best going forward.

As for your other games, especially Blossom of Soul, there is a huge lagging problem. While Innocent Soul runs extremely smooth, the other games lag very much. Which is sort of a let down because the stories and the features of those games have me hooked. If you could kindly look into the same and make them function smoothly the same way as Innocent Soul, I would be incredibly grateful.

That being said, I have thoroughly enjoyed this game and I look forward to more projects from your side!
Oh, I was already working on remakes of all my older games. I'm well aware of the low framerate of the other ones.
Thank you for enjoying Innocent Soul as well! I'm glad you like it.

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
That is fantastic. Do you have a release date in mind for those?
Possibly sometime soon. It shouldn't take very long since I already made plans on how the remakes will go.

pokmontrainerdrake

Novice
cool i always like your games would you add in postgame stuff and maybe some new content i played every single one can i ask you something though do you like using Red's design and did u put in level cap because i loved that in your games if i were to rate them i will say 5 stars

Last edited:

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
cool i always like your games would you add in postgame stuff and maybe some new content i played every single one can i ask you something though do you like using Red's design and did u put in level cap because i loved that in your games if i were to rate them i will say 5 stars
Thank you for playing my games! I do like Red's design, but I would like to use custom sprites for the players, but I just can't. And yes, I did put the level cap, but you can turn it off in the options menu.

pokmontrainerdrake

Novice
kind of wished it had unreal time or maybe have a way to switch between it and real time because it takes a lot of effort to find all encounters and not everybody can play in the morning or night

Last edited:

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
My guy can you add a speed up button like Q button is speed up.
I have no plans to add a speed up button, I only did it in my older games because they didn't have a consistent framerate.

Azamaki

Rookie
I downloaded your game on android, not only does it not start, when you click on a new game, an error appears, so now I can't delete the folder with the game because of this file, what should I do?
Upd:
I still managed to launch the game on android by downloading the latest versions of joiplay and plugins, but the problem with the file remains, I can't delete it in any way((

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-02-18-00-12-883_cyou.joiplay.rpgm.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-02-18-00-12-883_cyou.joiplay.rpgm.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2024-03-02-18-14-17-822_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-02-18-14-17-822_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
I downloaded your game on android, not only does it not start, when you click on a new game, an error appears, so now I can't delete the folder with the game because of this file, what should I do?
Upd:
I still managed to launch the game on android by downloading the latest versions of joiplay and plugins, but the problem with the file remains, I can't delete it in any way((
I honestly don't know how to fix issues on Joiplay, since I didn't make the game for mobile

pokmontrainerdrake

Novice
when i encountered a shiny Cryogonal it showed a no method error and it closed the game and there is a bug with leaf having no following pokemon later

Last edited:

Algeia

Rookie
Wait a second... Mr shakedown from Yakuza 0? Baka mitai in the bar? Is this fangame based of the Yakuza series?

drawntoast

Cooltrainer
Wait a second... Mr shakedown from Yakuza 0? Baka mitai in the bar? Is this fangame based of the Yakuza series?
Yep, I played all of the Yakuza series as I was making Innocent Soul. It was a huge inspiration for me!

Back