• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource The Gen 9 Move Animation Project 2024-05-02

KRLW890

The Beast
KRLW890 submitted a new resource:

The Gen 9 Move Animation Project - That's right, we're animating every official move

This project is a successor to the discontinued Gen 8 Move Animation Project led by St. Cooler, which itself was an extension of Pokemon Reborn's animations.
However, this isn't just the Gen 8 project with Gen 9 moves added! The Gen 8 project had very little organization for how it ordered the move list, and since it was made for v18.1, some of the animations were broken when...

Read more about this resource...

LcorpOfficial

Rookie
Hey! I remember the gen 8 pack having quite a few SRGB profile related error spam with it's graphics, have those also been fixed in this update out of curiosity? If not, and if the existing graphics from then haven't changed visually or placement wise, I did do a run-through via script to fix this on those existing graphics.

LinKazamine

Champion
Does this project plan to include shadow moves as well? I know shadow type and moves are a bit of a niche, but they are included in vanilla Essentials and fully functional, although they are missing animations.

KRLW890

The Beast
Hey! I remember the gen 8 pack having quite a few SRGB profile related error spam with it's graphics, have those also been fixed in this update out of curiosity? If not, and if the existing graphics from then haven't changed visually or placement wise, I did do a run-through via script to fix this on those existing graphics.
We still have those SRGB issues and it would be great to fix that! A few graphics have been modified, mostly some general ones to add new elements to them for new moves. Do you think you could run that script on the current graphics? We'd really appreciate it.

I am expecting Z-move animations.
The Gen 8 project had a good handful of Z-move animations, but we haven't added any that weren't already done, so there's still about half of them left. You can see the list of ones that need animations listed under low-priority moves.

Does this project plan to include shadow moves as well? I know shadow type and moves are a bit of a niche, but they are included in vanilla Essentials and fully functional, although they are missing animations.
I don't have slots for them right now but we can for sure add them to the todo list.

Shashu-Greninja

Greninja forever!
We still have those SRGB issues and it would be great to fix that! A few graphics have been modified, mostly some general ones to add new elements to them for new moves. Do you think you could run that script on the current graphics? We'd really appreciate it.

These graphics have their SRGB profiles fixed, you can look into i :D.
Animations.rar

However, I found an error that a file uwu.png is missing.

LcorpOfficial

Rookie

The Gen 8 project had a good handful of Z-move animations, but we haven't added any that weren't already done, so there's still about half of them left. You can see the list of ones that need animations listed under low-priority moves.

I don't have slots for them right now but we can for sure add them to the todo list.
I sent the script itself that I use with instructions to your Discord DM!, RC won't let me upload zips directly here and I couldn't be asked to filehost it lmao. The script should handle any kind of .png image with this issue, not just the animation-related ones. If there's a demand for it in general, I might put it up on Github.

RTCanwind

Tower Tycoon
I tried to trans animations from Pokemon Reborn 19 to Pokemon essentials, but it seems no luck.
All imported animations are transparent, though anim sheets have been set correctly.
I remember not encountering this issue in older versions of reborn.

RTCanwind

Tower Tycoon
I tried to trans animations from Pokemon Reborn 19 to Pokemon essentials, but it seems no luck.
All imported animations are transparent, though anim sheets have been set correctly.
Some z-move animations like Guardian of Alola seems already finished in reborn 19.
However, due to the above reasons, I am unable to import it into essentials.

KRLW890

The Beast
Some z-move animations like Guardian of Alola seems already finished in reborn 19.
However, due to the above reasons, I am unable to import it into essentials.
Do you think you could still send me the .anm files? I want to take a look at them and see if I can make some scripts to update them to the current Essentials version. My Discord username is krlw890, and is probably the best place to send them to me if Relic Castle won't let you.

RTCanwind

Tower Tycoon
Do you think you could still send me the .anm files? I want to take a look at them and see if I can make some scripts to update them to the current Essentials version. My Discord username is krlw890, and is probably the best place to send them to me if Relic Castle won't let you.
Here are some of them.
By the way, Pokemon Revju 13.5 was released at 2023 and may have more animations. I meet the same issue in this version.

KRLW890

The Beast
Idk why, but bulk up freeze the game when use for the first time
Did you remember to compile your game after adding the new PkmnAnimations file? If you don't, the game will take a while to load the new animations when first using them, and there might be a few other minor side effects I don't know about. Just make sure you do a full compile and you should be fine.

rafahbit

Novice
I loved all the animations, I'm already adding them to my game, a very well done job. but I wanted some help, I'm a bit blind and it's very difficult for me to use the animation editor to look for something, I wanted to know if there is a file with the animation number and name so I can look better, I say this because I have 2 gmaxmove new and wanted to use some existing animation to create the animation of these two gmaxmove.

for example, the z-move 10 million thundervolt bolt from cap pikachu, I can't find it, besides the name is big and the letters are all together, I see everything very, very blurry XD
With a file with each movement and its numbering, it would be easier for me. I don't believe there is a file like that, but it doesn't hurt to ask XD

Oh, I use it on my laptop, so the screen is already small, so my other option was to ask someone to check with me to find the animations I want to see or modify.

If you know anything that could help me, that's also fine, like external programs or a way to improve the font of the animation editor And anyway, I appreciate it even if you can't help me with anything, and in the last option, I just take any 2 random animations, copy them and change the names to the custom gmaxmove ones I made.

KRLW890

The Beast
I loved all the animations, I'm already adding them to my game, a very well done job. but I wanted some help, I'm a bit blind and it's very difficult for me to use the animation editor to look for something, I wanted to know if there is a file with the animation number and name so I can look better, I say this because I have 2 gmaxmove new and wanted to use some existing animation to create the animation of these two gmaxmove.

for example, the z-move 10 million thundervolt bolt from cap pikachu, I can't find it, besides the name is big and the letters are all together, I see everything very, very blurry XD
With a file with each movement and its numbering, it would be easier for me. I don't believe there is a file like that, but it doesn't hurt to ask XD

Oh, I use it on my laptop, so the screen is already small, so my other option was to ask someone to check with me to find the animations I want to see or modify.

If you know anything that could help me, that's also fine, like external programs or a way to improve the font of the animation editor And anyway, I appreciate it even if you can't help me with anything, and in the last option, I just take any 2 random animations, copy them and change the names to the custom gmaxmove ones I made.
If you're using Essentials v20.1, you can use this plugin to add a search bar to the move animation editor. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get it working for v21.1.

If you're using v21, I made this move list dump so that you can really easily ctrl+F it and get the move's number.

If you have animations for GMax moves, keep in mind that there is a section reserved for Max Moves, but no placeholders for the individual moves yet, so you'll have to add new slots for them with the Battle Animation Organizer. I'd also be interested in getting those animations to add them officially, if you'd be willing to send the move exports (and any custom graphics/audio) to me.

Back