• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
SOS Battles [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource SOS Battles [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.6

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 submitted a new resource:

SOS Battles [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] - Wild Pokemon or even trainers can join the fight mid-battle!

SOS Battles for v21.1
An expansion plugin for the Deluxe Battle Kit which adds the SOS mechanic to your wild battles!
TpnpsDj.gif
8bMNmpY.gif

Overview
This plugin adds the SOS mechanic introduced in Pokemon Sun & Moon to your game. All mechanics have been replicated here, meaning that SOS chaining for shinies...

Read more about this resource...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Excessing my expectations without me even realize I had them. Another must download! Marvelous work as always my friend! Much love to your hard work. 😊

ImZero

Just a Number
Curious if this could work as a backport to v20.1, if the code's somewhat similar...👀

Lucidious89

Champion
Curious if this could work as a backport to v20.1, if the code's somewhat similar...👀
Youd also have to backport the Deluxe Battle Kit in that case, since this plugin depends on that...and I wish you all the luck with that lol

Lucidious89

Champion

ImZero

Just a Number
Youd also have to backport the Deluxe Battle Kit in that case, since this plugin depends on that...and I wish you all the luck with that lol
That'd make sense. Is the Deluxe Battle Kit a v21.1 version of Essentials Deluxe? Or is it completely different?

Lucidious89

Champion
That'd make sense. Is the Deluxe Battle Kit a v21.1 version of Essentials Deluxe? Or is it completely different?
Its functionally the successor to Essentials Deluxe, but its an entirely different plugin on the backend of things.

Lucidious89

Champion

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
So I've managed to script my battle as I want to, and made adjustments to the AI so that the grunts will attack her instead of me, and that when they're on the field she will attack them instead of me.

Ruby:
def generateTestBattle
  f = ["Shit!  Mel's not ready.","I'm game for anything if it keeps her safe and out of their hands."]
  setBattleRule("midbattleScript", {
    "RoundEnd_1_foe" => {
      "setSpeaker" => :TEAMROCKET_F,
      "speech"     => "While the Lass is distracted, get her!",
      "addTrainer" => [:TEAMROCKET_F, "Grunt", 1]
    },
    "RoundEnd_2_foe" => {
      "setSpeaker" => :TEAMROCKET_M,
      "speech"     => "Got it!",
      "addTrainer" => [:TEAMROCKET_M, "Grunt", 1]
    },
    "RoundStartCommand_3_foe" => {
      "setSpeaker" => :LASS,
      "speech"     => "Eep!"
    },
    "AfterSwitchIn_MELOETTA" => {
      "setSpeaker" => :LASS,
      "speech"     => f
    }
  })
  TrainerBattle.start_core(:LASS, "Crissy")
end
What I'd like to request for a future version, is some way for the second SOS trainer to slide in from the right, so that they're on the opposite side of Crissy from the first SOS trainer. So that they're actually surrounding her.

Lucidious89

Champion
What I'd like to request for a future version, is some way for the second SOS trainer to slide in from the right, so that they're on the opposite side of Crissy from the first SOS trainer. So that they're actually surrounding her.
I'll give it a look, but tbh I'm very unlikely to add this. Because despite how simple that this feature may sound, pulling this off would require a lot of work, and idk if such a minor feature could really justify doing so.

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
I'll give it a look, but tbh I'm very unlikely to add this. Because despite how simple that this feature may sound, pulling this off would require a lot of work, and idk if such a minor feature could really justify doing so.
oh, I know it's not simple, lol. Trying to do it myself kept running into weird errors. Either a trainer suddenly using another trainer's team, or in an infinite loop of sending out new mons, etc. I'm currently just making the Lass spawn into slot 3 naturally by having a pre-poisoned Shedinja (so it faints before the first Rocket Grunt spawns) in slot 1.

Lucidious89

Champion
oh, I know it's not simple, lol. Trying to do it myself kept running into weird errors. Either a trainer suddenly using another trainer's team, or in an infinite loop of sending out new mons, etc. I'm currently just making the Lass spawn into slot 3 naturally by having a pre-poisoned Shedinja (so it faints before the first Rocket Grunt spawns) in slot 1.
Yeah, its a nightmare to code. I more or less have an idea of what I would have to do to implement it, and it would require basically the construction of an entirely new mechanic to get it done. Plus, id have to figure out a way to fix the player's targetting, too (for instance, if the player targeted index 1, but a new Pokemon/Trainer now exists in that position and would break how a move works).

It's just a million times easier to just have a new Pokemon/Trainer join by occupying an already-empty position, since that position doesnt affect the battle at all beforehand.

Coumbiagou

Novice
Hi, i have a question, how i make a Totem Battle? Because it's a thing that the plugin can do, but i don't know how to do the event for this Type of Battle

Lucidious89

Champion
Hi, i have a question, how i make a Totem Battle? Because it's a thing that the plugin can do, but i don't know how to do the event for this Type of Battle
It's covered in the guide.

FubukiDC

Rookie
Whenever a Pokémon calls for help I get this error message, I was wondering if anyone could help me figuring out what went wrong:

Attachments

• Error.txt
    709 bytes · Views: 29

FubukiDC

Rookie
Whenever a Pokémon calls for help I get this error message, I was wondering if anyone could help me figuring out what went wrong:
I have gotten it to work, but m still interested in what the problem was. It got fixed when I changed some map metadata

Lucidious89

Champion
I have gotten it to work, but m still interested in what the problem was. It got fixed when I changed some map metadata
It was probably trying to search for map-exclusive SOS species to call, but no map metadata existed for that map.

Lucidious89

Champion
Back