• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon: Yveltal's Awakening

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
ETA Next Version
Dec 31, 2024
2avhYRd.png

Can you avoid the Second Arrival of the Death God?
(Made using Pokémon Essentials v19.1)
Beta 1 Remake is available to play!
Beta 2 arriving at 2024

Features

★ OST inspired by Celtic and Nordic music
★ Original starters
★ Airport: DLC system of regions from other fangames.
★ Cooking mechanics (still not implemented)

Story
Welcome to the Skoglum region, where people live peacefully in a cold environment but with beautiful, wooded landscapes. However, not everything was beautiful in Skoglum. A heavy story of conflict between two gods, Xerneas and Yveltal, caring for the life and death of all the creatures that lived there, be they humans or Pokémon.

Soon the evokers of death came together into a single sectarian group: Dödmork. The conflicts turned into brawls and then into a holy war.

With the help of dark and powerful magic, they managed to make Yveltal penetrate the human world, causing a lot of souls to hurt and cause destruction in the world of the living.

A group of Xerneas' parishioners began little by little to achieve the retreat of the forces of death, helped by their Pokémon and their combat skills, in addition to 5 magical artifacts granted by the goddess of life.

Finally, Yveltal was locked in a solid prison, which prevented Dödmork from releasing him again. Now, the sect that remained hidden for years plans to open the doors of Yveltal prison again with techniques unknown to the Blue Paladins, those loyal to Xerneas.

Vanja seems to be the answer to all this. What will be in store for you as you guide him on his path?

Screenshots
7hLRUdr.png
5mqOVBK.png

a.png
b.png
c.png
e.gif
L1eQMM9.png
NuVgUus.png

Credits
Creditos3.png
Creditos4.png
Creditos5.png
Creditos6.png
Creditos7.png
Creditos8.png

(Credits that are outside of these images because of resources added later)

LackDejurane
AveonTrainer

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

And of course, Game Freak, Nintendo and Pokémon Company, because nothing (and I mean NOTHING) of this would be possible without them.

Download link
Beta 1 Remake

Attachments

• 1706037975134.png
    1706037975134.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

safr

Elite Trainer
Is this only in Spanish language?

Edit: i don't understand Spanish and playing it without knowing what people's in the world talking about. i just bulldoze all the battle, battle is fun and the world beautiful 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_20240124_110550.jpg
    IMG_20240124_110550.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

aly

Novice
View attachment 24244

Can you avoid the Second Arrival of the Death God?
(Made using Pokémon Essentials v19.1)
Beta 1 Remake is available to play!
Beta 2 arriving at 2024

Features

★ OST inspired by Celtic and Nordic music
★ Original starters
★ Airport: DLC system of regions from other fangames.
★ Cooking mechanics (still not implemented)

Story
Welcome to the Skoglum region, where people live peacefully in a cold environment but with beautiful, wooded landscapes. However, not everything was beautiful in Skoglum. A heavy story of conflict between two gods, Xerneas and Yveltal, caring for the life and death of all the creatures that lived there, be they humans or Pokémon.

Soon the evokers of death came together into a single sectarian group: Dödmork. The conflicts turned into brawls and then into a holy war.

With the help of dark and powerful magic, they managed to make Yveltal penetrate the human world, causing a lot of souls to hurt and cause destruction in the world of the living.

A group of Xerneas' parishioners began little by little to achieve the retreat of the forces of death, helped by their Pokémon and their combat skills, in addition to 5 magical artifacts granted by the goddess of life.

Finally, Yveltal was locked in a solid prison, which prevented Dödmork from releasing him again. Now, the sect that remained hidden for years plans to open the doors of Yveltal prison again with techniques unknown to the Blue Paladins, those loyal to Xerneas.

Vanja seems to be the answer to all this. What will be in store for you as you guide him on his path?

Credits
View attachment 24269View attachment 24270View attachment 24271View attachment 24272View attachment 24273View attachment 24274
(Credits that are outside of these images because of resources added later)

LackDejurane
AveonTrainer

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

And of course, Game Freak, Nintendo and Pokémon Company, because nothing (and I mean NOTHING) of this would be possible without them.

Download link
Beta 1 Remake

Post under construction.
I don't understand what the story is because i only can speak English but the gam is undeniable beautiful. Hope someday this have English language. Thank

Dafting

Novice
Sadly all my attempts to auto-translate the game failed miserably, so probably I'll translate only the dialogs or so and update with English dialogs.

Reactions: aly

Dafting

Novice
Fangame updated to 1.0.2.

Changelog:
-English language added.
-BGMs "Menu music" and "Tavern" replaced.
-Some BGMs received a volume decrease.
-Added a way to read the diary pages again.
-Added automatic update system.
-Fixed a cultist that caused a softlock.
-Fixed some collisions.
-The space between the trees and the entrance to the Hasselblad Laboratory is now greater.
-Changes to the backpack menu.
-Now the sound effects will default to a volume of 50%.
-Other fixes and minor changes.

@aly @safr you probably want to replay with english now, have fun!

Eonsitter

Rookie
Thanks for the English version!
The visuals and music in the game effectively establish a captivating atmosphere -- looking forward to more developments!

Last edited:

aly

Novice

Changelog:
-English language added.
-Fixed some collisions.
-The space between the trees and the entrance to the Hasselblad Laboratory is now greater.

Thank 😊

safr

Elite Trainer

Changelog:
-English language added.
-Fixed some collisions.

Thank now i can understand the story little bit, to be honest i feel little bit confused with the pace of the game because we suddenly get pushed into story narrative in the beginning of the game unlike other Pokémon game but yeah i think i can get used on it 👍

Also there still some untranslated text like but i still can understand the story

Thank you for the update

Attachments

• IMG_20240124_223923.jpg
    IMG_20240124_223923.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35

Dafting

Novice
Thank now i can understand the story little bit, to be honest i feel little bit confused with the pace of the game because we suddenly get pushed into story narrative in the beginning of the game unlike other Pokémon game but yeah i think i can get used on it 👍

Also there still some untranslated text like but i still can understand the story

Thank you for the update
That's weird, on my intl.txt that text is translated...

safr

Elite Trainer
That's weird, on my intl.txt that text is translated...
Yeah i don't know. Also i forget to said when i extract the RAR using winrar there always some error but when i run it it's normal so maybe the error is the translated part getting error during extraction

Dafting

Novice
Yeah i don't know. Also i forget to said when i extract the RAR using winrar there always some error but when i run it it's normal so maybe the error is the translated part getting error during extraction

The file for english language is a single "encrypted" file, so it's not supposed to happen, but I'll investigate further, thanks.

Dafting

Novice
I can't able to save the game, showing save failed...😭😭
Are you playing using Joiplay? If that's the case, that's a known bug that sadly I don't know how to solve.

If you're playing on PC, post here ALL your PC specs and the walkthrough until you start playing the game.

Fe = Iron

Novice
Some parts of the game are still untranslated and honestly I love the concept. I feel like a Discord server would be easier to keep track of things that are untranslated/bugged, instead of writing them out here every time, at the start of the game when we read this diary, it's untranslated.
Capture.PNG

Fe = Iron

Novice
The same issue as above has also occurred to me, I am unable to save my game as the game says "Save Failed." I am currently playing on my PC.
Here's my PC's Specs as well.
image.png
Capture.PNG

Amras Anárion

Trainer
I confirm the presence of two corrupt files when extracting the archive, and that the English translation does not work despite having chosen "English".

The graphics remind me a lot of La Joya de Arceus, also a Spanish fangame. Are you on the same team?

Edit: Save failed bug also. I ran it in administrator mode, it didn't change anything.
Edit 2: Ditto in debug mode, save failed. Here is the log
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 024:SaveData:56 - No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - ./Savedata/Game.rxdata

I managed to save the game!

👉 Simply create a blank "Savedata" folder in the root of the game, and saving will become possible

Edit 3 : The game finally launched in English and keeps this language once I was able to save.

I saw some bugs:
  • overlapping tile on the edge of one of the houses in the starting town
  • No animation + 3 seconds freeze when I use the healing machine in the professor's lab
  • NPCs being inaccessible in the first inn due to collisions (but having dialogue).
Is there somewhere to report this? (Discord or other)

Attachments

• save failed.png
    save failed.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Dafting

Novice
Some parts of the game are still untranslated and honestly I love the concept. I feel like a Discord server would be easier to keep track of things that are untranslated/bugged, instead of writing them out here every time, at the start of the game when we read this diary, it's untranslated.View attachment 24334
That's already translated, sorry about that, I totally forgot and those texts doesn't appear on the intl.txt file.

I indeed have a Discord Server with a channel for bug report.

Dafting

Novice
I managed to save the game!

👉 Simply create a blank "Savedata" folder in the root of the game, and saving will become possible

Edit 3 : The game finally launched in English and keeps this language once I was able to save.
OOPS. I've deleted that folder to avoid people to find my save and forgot you need that folder to save.

Biggest 'oops' ever.

I'm gonna reupload the game with that solved, thanks for the issue.
The graphics remind me a lot of La Joya de Arceus, also a Spanish fangame. Are you on the same team?
I'm not. I guess, maybe my tiler collab'ed on that project, but I'm not entirely sure.
I saw some bugs:
  • overlapping tile on the edge of one of the houses in the starting town
  • No animation + 3 seconds freeze when I use the healing machine in the professor's lab
  • NPCs being inaccessible in the first inn due to collisions (but having dialogue).
Is there somewhere to report this? (Discord or other)

Yup, report it on the Discord Server.

Back