• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Ethereal Gates

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Perihelion Productions is proud to present our flagship project!

logo_by_siraquakip-d8pfh3v.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

INTRODUCTION
Immerse yourself in the beautiful Leneka Region and discover tons of new wild Pokémon around every corner. Build your favorite team of Pokémon and battle your way to the top by challenging experienced Gym Leaders throughout the region. Encounter mythical legendary Pokémon and keep those who seek to do harm from reaching their goals! You’ll face many challenges along the way, but if you work hard enough, you will succeed in your quest to be the greatest Pokémon trainer ever!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

peg_map_region_by_siraquakip-d8pfhvp.png

STORY
Legend tells of an ancient Pokémon with the ability to travel between the world of the living and the world of the dead. It is said that long ago, our ancestors used to summon this Pokémon with a relic, and on rare occasions, it would appear and bring one who had passed back to the land of the living. When the common people had heard of this great power, wars broke out over the want to bring the dead back. The monks who guarded the relic decided that the power was too much for any to hold, and broke the relic into four parts, and scattered them across the region. Legend also tells of four fearsome beasts who guard each part of the relic. These fabled sites have become known as “Ethereal Gates”.
You begin your Pokémon journey in a rather unexpected way--you’re dragged along by a friend with a bit too much passion for Pokémon research. But before long you become enthralled with Pokémon as well, and begin working for the Pokémon Professor, Hawthorne, on completing his Pokédex project. To test your strength, you encounter Gym Leaders throughout the region, and you also encounter the evil Team Mythos, whose nefarious plans just may put the entire world in jeopardy!

Meet your first partner!

pIZzxtb.gif
sLZQZCx.gif
hU5LmRG.gif

Fernling ♦ Kittorch ♦ Bubull

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARACTERS
In Pokémon Ethereal Gates, you have a choice to play as either a boy or a girl. Like in most Pokémon games, this character is the silent protagonist--sort of a blank slate that you can imprint yourself onto. We have taken great care in crafting our cast of memorable characters!

cooperandsophie_by_siraquakip-d8pfitw.png
rivals_by_siraquakip-d8pfj9o.png

SCREENSHOTS
screenshots_by_siraquakip-d8tcro7.png

TRAILER

MUSIC

CREDITS

The Perihelion Productions Team
Evan Starr
Mark Baldino
Aaron Schmitz
Sean Petersen
Josh Leung

Pokémon Essentials by
Flameguru
Poccil
Maruno

Other Script Thanks to
Klein Studio
Luka S.J.
Dragonnite
Spriters-Resource
Shiney570
KCG

Pokémon by
GAME FREAK
Nintendo
Creatures inc.

Additional Thanks to
Marc Azria
Scott Geldzahler
Sam Gelman
"Senor Shyza"
"Squirt05"
"DRaB"
Eric Chen
Alessio Zisa
Rob Wickline
Amanda Spivack

DOWNLOAD LINKS!!!!
FOR PC: http://goo.gl/6cXtQA
FOR MAC: http://goo.gl/ok8zUg
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAC: https://www.reddit.com/r/legendsofthearena/comments/1yga3w/tutorial_to_play_on_mac/

Last edited:

p_shah123

Rookie
Hey, from where i can get the cheat codes for pokemon ethereal version. Someone please help

Gen8King

FanGameNewbie
Is there any way I can keep up to date with the development of this game other than Discord? I have played it before and I really enjoyed it, but I want to play more of it. Is there a new update/demo I can try out right now based on your progress so far?

NurseEthi

Novice
Is there any way I can keep up to date with the development of this game other than Discord? I have played it before and I really enjoyed it, but I want to play more of it. Is there a new update/demo I can try out right now based on your progress so far?

They've only released the one demo so far, but you can keep up with their updates on Twitter! They just shared a bunch of stuff back in August!
https://twitter.com/EtherealGates

Poliswag

King of the Polys
Woah!
This looks, and plays super awesome!
Could mistake it for an actual Pokémon release.

katrina48

Novice
I like the game so far the only things i dislike about game is no toggle for running and fighting pokemon is slow is it possible to speed up game thanks

safr

Elite Trainer
I know this is older project but this is the first time i'm seeing and playing this, my impression the game feels pretty fresh refreshing mainly because of the game graphics set it apart from others fangame who using Pokémon game style of gen 4 while your game is gen 5 and combined with it's own flavor the closest examples of this unique graphics is Pokémon xenoverse

I love the menu also have new design to make this really feel like original game, and the starting town brewing with good design

The Pokémon battle is pretty refreshing with some fakemon

I don't know this is already completed or not because i just playing now but i really feels excited because of the feel and graphics

I don't know if this game is abandoned or not but i hope this will be completed someday, and don't forget to stay healthy

LAM

Rookie
bubull goated, I like how the secondary types for all the starters kind of counteract each other eg flying<electric and flying>fighting. good game

Enjoyluck

Novice
I liked the game so far the only ting that was annoingis the party menu can't see what lv pokemon are till i press in stats window. Will be waiting for more.

den716

Rookie
Hey is this game still being worked on? haven't heard anything about it since 2017 and hope it is because it looks and played really good when I played it back then and would really hope to see it completed in the future

GameFighterCJ

Rookie
Why is this old game here on the website? I thought the people behind this game were making Pokemon Sea and Sky?

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
Why is this old game here on the website? I thought the people behind this game were making Pokemon Sea and Sky?
This is the older version of Sea and Sky, technically

Back