• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Relic Castle's 9th Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is January 20th, which means Relic Castle is nine years old! Happy birthday, Relic Castle! 🥳

2024 will also be the the year of our TENTH summer game jam! Crazy how time flies, it feels like just yesterday I was joining the fifth game jam as a judge! In fact, it's been six years since I joined the site!

In 2023, we went through a lot! Creating a new Discord server, finding a new host for the website, and as equally important, a Relic Castle dark theme! 😎 We also hosted a winter game jam in January and a summer game jam that June. Aaaand, a Christmas-themed map event last month! So many great releases in the fangame realm, too! Hop on Pivot!

Let's use today to share your favorite memory of Relic Castle. It doesn't have to be from the past year, but this is the perfect time to reminisce about that sort of thing! Relic Castle only exists because of the community that binds us all together, so I hope you'll all stick around with us and help to strengthen our community. 😊

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Man, my favorite memory of Relic Castle... It would probably have to come from the beginning and what has shaped me a lot into who I am today.

I joined the Summer Jam 2020, the year of our lord, and released a little ol' fan game called Pokemon: TRAPPED. It... Wasn't good. And instead of dog-piling on it, like it probably deserved, I got a lot of well-meaning feedback and way less crap thrown at it than way better fan games! Which is... Still weird to me to this day. It showed me just how positive the community overall was and no one ever threw anyone down, and the support only continued from then on. Almost 4 years later I have now completed 8 Pokemon fan games all hosted on this site, and everyone got well-meaning feedback, and every one I took into consideration and tried to improve for the next one. Finally, I got a Spotlight this recent Summer Jam with Pokemon: Abstract Version!

I met so many people and made so many connections that have way outlasted the in-person connections I made at the same time. I can't wait to see what the future of this wonderful community has in store! See you all the in 10th Summer Game Jam!!!

Haunted Ditto

Creator of Pokemon Pandora and Pokemon Climate
Happy Birthday, Relic Castle! 🥳
Thanks to the great RC community which are the reason why this site is the best place for Pokemon fangames since 2015.
Pretty much every game I worked on is a great memory and shoutouts to all the amazing people who I had the pleasure to work with.
The best memory is probably the first ever Winter Game Jam. I participated with Pokemon Pandora which was my first major release and the reception from the community was insanely supportive. Nowadays this might not be my best work, but it lead to many more great projects like Outbounds, Nightmare and Outburst to name a few.

Many more great years will be ahead!

Karthik_

Elite 4
Happy Birthday, Relic Castle! 🏰🎉 Your platform has been the catalyst for my game development dreams. Working with such incredible people and creating several games has been an amazing journey. Here's to more jams and countless more games in the future! Cheers to the fantastic community!

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
Dang, I remember learning about Relic Castle via Thundaga videos...
It's crazy to think about how much I've grown to be a part of this community. Asking questions, making games, creating resources... I got to be a part of Game Jams, win spotlights, judge a Game Jam ahaha. And meet so many awesome people such as Cade, Cat, ranko, Anon, lichen, Tech, Vendily, Andy, Chase... More specifically Jelo and Lux. I actually got to meet them in person last May, it was so sick. Last year I completed my first commission because of relic castle lol.
I could spend 30 hours typing out all of my great connections and conversations I've had, but instead, I'll leave a list of other awesome people I met through relic castle:
  • ribbit
  • ekat
  • sauce
  • kenny
  • golisopod user
  • enls
rip enls, we miss him so dearly, i can still hear his presence in the discord server, as if he was never taken from us... taken too early...

safr

Elite Trainer
happy birthday. i hope the website keep bustling with new post and stay healthy everyone in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back