• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Enhanced Battle UI [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Enhanced Battle UI [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v2.0.1

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 submitted a new resource:

Enhanced Battle UI [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] - Adds new windows to battle to display move and battler information!

Enhanced Battle UI for v21.1
An expansion plugin for the Deluxe Battle Kit to improve your battle UI!
QwGDV17.gif
XAMHWCH.gif

Overview
This plugin adds new windows to the battle scene which you can toggle in order to view detailed information about your Pokemon's moves, or general information about each battler. For move info, this allows you to view...

Read more about this resource...

Lucidious89

Champion

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Can not get access to the GitBook. btw, Been looking forward to this update! Thanks for your hard work!

1706457925880.png

Lucidious89

Champion

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Oh my bad thought it was an authorization issue similar to how Google docs does it. My first time using GitBook.

The Despacito Frog

Rookie
Hello, I just had a quick question. When I downloaded the Enhanced Battle UI pack from MediaFire, the MoveInfoUI.rb file had no code. Do you know if this is normal? Thanks for any help you can provide!

(Added these just in case they may help)

1.JPG

2.JPG

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello, I just had a quick question. When I downloaded the Enhanced Battle UI pack from MediaFire, the MoveInfoUI.rb file had no code. Do you know if this is normal? Thanks for any help you can provide!

(Added these just in case they may help)

View attachment 25893

View attachment 25894
Yeah idk what you did, because the file definitely has code in it. I just downloaded it myself and checked.

The Despacito Frog

Rookie
Yeah idk what you did, because the file definitely has code in it. I just downloaded it myself and checked.
Sorry for the late response. I just figured out that the issue came from the .rar file extractor I was using. It somehow deleted all the code in the MoveInfoUI file. However, I have encountered another issue. This error pops up any time I try to use the move info or battle info functions. Thanks for your help Lucidious!
1707427875993.png

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Sorry for the late response. I just figured out that the issue came from the .rar file extractor I was using. It somehow deleted all the code in the MoveInfoUI file. However, I have encountered another issue. This error pops up any time I try to use the move info or battle info functions. Thanks for your help Lucidious!
View attachment 25911
You have some sort of plugin installed that is overwriting def pbInitSprites, and thus erasing this plugin's code.

Mr.Heathcliff

Ace Trainer
Amazing plugin! Although I noticed that the plugin kind of reveals the tera type of the opponent's Pokémon if I have that Pokémon data on the pokedex. Is there a way to hide that? Thanks!

Lucidious89

Champion
Amazing plugin! Although I noticed that the plugin kind of reveals the tera type of the opponent's Pokémon if I have that Pokémon data on the pokedex. Is there a way to hide that? Thanks!
Thats how it works in Scarlet & Violet. Tera type is always viewable.

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Enhanced Battle UI [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.2 Update

• Fixed a crash that could occur in Safari Zone battles while in debug mode.
  • Made various tweaks in preparation for the release of the Dynamax add-on.
  • The typing of the opposing Pokemon will now be viewable in the Battler Info UI during PvP/Battle Tower battles, even if the player has never registered that species in the Pokedex.
  • The Tera types of the opposing Pokemon will now be viewable in the Battler Info UI only in the following situations:
    • The Pokemon is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
If someone has this plugin but not the Terastallization plugin installed, the game throws an error as soon as you try to open the Battler UI (the selection menu is fine), because the function pbDisplayTeraType( does not exist. I assume that you intended this to be a moot point because the lack of a tera_type property of battlers would prevent that line of code from being run, but any player-controlled battler will still try to run that block of code.

Last edited:

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
If someone has this plugin but not the Terastallization plugin installed, the game throws an error as soon as you try to open the Battler UI (the selection menu is fine), because the function pbDisplayTeraType( does not exist. I assume that you intended this to be a moot point because the lack of a tera_type property of battlers would prevent that line of code from being run, but any player-controlled battler will still try to run that block of code.
Ruby:
if battler.tera? || battler.pbOwnedByPlayer? || !@battle.internalBattle || PluginManager.installed?("Terastallization")
      pkmn = (illusion) ? poke : battler
      pbDrawImagePositions(@infoUIOverlay, [[@path + "info_extra", xpos + 182, ypos + 95]])
      pbDisplayTeraType(pkmn, @infoUIOverlay, xpos + 186, ypos + 97, true)
    end
  end
Will this work? Edit: There may be a way to resolve it better.

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
Ruby:
if battler.tera? || battler.pbOwnedByPlayer? || !@battle.internalBattle || PluginManager.installed?("Terastallization")
      pbDrawImagePositions(@infoUIOverlay, [[@path + "info_extra", xpos + 182, ypos + 95]])
    end
  end
Will this work? Edit: There may be a way to resolve it better.
I mean, I know how to fix it. I'm letting Ludicious know so they can fix it on their end for public release. But your current solution just displays it if the plugin is installed. || is "or". You'd want something like this.
Ruby:
if (battler.tera? || battler.pbOwnedByPlayer? || !@battle.internalBattle)) && PluginManager.installed?("[DBK] Terastallization")
    end
  end
However, I suspect that Ludicious wanted to avoid using a PluginManager check because there are Terastallization plugins besides their own.

Back