• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Orange

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
title2-png.156935

New! Version 0.17​

* * * Description * * *

Made with RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials v20.1​

Teams Neoplasma and Cipher are threatening the Flora Region, and you just moved there. Stop Plasma and Cipher as they are working together and spreading Shadow Pokemon across the region. Assist the newest Vigilante in the region in her fight against the evil teams. Travel across the regions to high snowy mountain peaks and swamps. Battle the 8 Gym Leaders across the lands, Defeat the Elite 4 and Champion, Stop Team Cipher and Neo-Plasma, Master Mega Evolutions, and heal the Shadow Pokemon you encounter.

The following info isn’t fully updated yet. But there is a new version.

mapregion0-png.156952

* * * Features * * *
6 New Mega Evolutions:
The three starters, Delphox, Samurott, and Decidueye. The other three are Gigalith, Haxorus, and Mismagius
New Regional Forms: Krookodile Line becomes Fire/Dark and Drednaw becomes Water/Grass
242 Pokemon: There are pokemon from Gens 1-8, but not all of them. The count also includes previous and later evolution stages.
Gyms: There are 14 of them! Each with their own puzzle and city as well. Each has their own unique leaders as well!
New Regions: The game is set in the Flora region, based on Florida, but with maybe a bit more variation in elevation. New! (v14) Now introducing Flora Cay based on the Florida Keys as well. So far there is only one city and nothing beyond it, I'd have added mroe but I fixed a crash so I guess I'll include the new area.
New Story: There is a new story to follow, it was written by me, so it may not be the best ever, but there is a story.
Post-Game Boss Fights: Two trainers in two of the towns act as boss fights and only are there on certain days.​

* * * Images * * *
Leaders
creditsleaders-png.156938
Regional Forms
sandile_1-png.156941
krokorok_1-png.156940
krookodile_1-png.156939

3 of the 6 Megas
samurott_1-png.156947
decidueye_1-png.156949
delphox_1-png.156948

* * * In Development Notes AKA The Changelog* * *
v18 New Stuff

Removed the cheat tree from v17's Battle Pier.
Added two new routes, two new cites, and two new gyms. Each with their own encounters. One might be a bit more inspired by what delayed this update for so long.
Added a way to get a masterball. Added encounters to the route that originally had no encounters.
Fixed a few errors and spelling mistakes.
v17 New Stuff
Added a battle-tower-like area called the battle pier in Milkford city to get held battle items, nature mints, and ability changing items.
Added two new gyms and fixed a few issues.
Added while encounters to the first route of Flora Cay.
Added two new routes, though one of which, doesn't have any encounters or trainers.
Added a fun new trainer who loves using level 1 rattata.
Old Stuff v15
I believe I fixed the crash causing blackbelt in the Route 6 Cave
Save files are based on the name of the game in the game.ini file in the install folder. I haven't yet changed the default name from Pokemon Essentials v20.1 to Pokemon Orange yet as that would reset any progress, but it can conflict with any other fangames with the same default name. If you get an error when opening the game, try editing the ini to change the line with Title = to Title = Pokémon Orange.
Do not take the ferry in Orange Bridge until you've beaten the 2nd Gym. Otherwise, the game can potentially cause a major freeze.
New Stuff v15
Added a 10th gym.
Game can now be completed.
Added speedup button wiht the speedup plugin, binding is Q
I fixed a few missing themes for a few major areas. fixed a crash in route 8 cave, fixed a switch setting for a cipher grunt in the route 6 cave
v14
New Region, kinda. 9th gym added. The Flora Cay is accessable after beating UB Void Neo-Cipher Boss.
v13
Game is unbeatable, a small error in forgetting to add a switch requirement makes teh final plasma boss fight not appear. Oops.
Finished Story.
Elite 4 and Champion added.
Short Post-Game added.
Added the rest of the new mega stones to the world.
New Post-Game rooms for catching Mythical Pokemon and Ultra Beasts.
Populated some cities and towns.
Added interiors to first few cities.
Added Regional Pokedex for all wild encounters.
New Notes
I'm planning on adding a second shorter region for another set of gyms so you can use the Mythical Pokemon and Deoxys that you get from the main story. The new area will be based on the Florida Keys. I dunno when it'll be done, but it'll be a while.
Old Notes
I'm only one dude working on it in my free time, which I don't really have much of.
I've been focusing on the story and gyms, so most towns will probably feel empty. Most buildings don't have interiors.
Some interiors may also be from the Starter Kit as well, the department store, Pokemon Centers, and Pokemarts come to mind first.
Typos may be fairly frequent. Other than one guy, I'm the only one who tests the game and I'm garbage at typing and catching typos.
balance might be a tad bit unbalanced.​

PurpleZaffre - Gen4 Overworld Pack

DiegoWT - Gen 5 OW Pack in Gen 4 Style

Gela/theo#7722 - Gen4 & 5 trainers

BatterymanAAA - Miror B. Trainer

Zender1752 - Miror B.

Maruno - Hotfixes 20.1

StCooler, DarryBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer,

Overworls Shadows
Golisopod User Marin WolfPP

Improved AI: KRLW890

whosthatpokemon: drdoom76

Gen 8 Animations
Project lead by StCooler.
Contributors: StCooler, DarryBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer, riddlemeree.
Thanks to the Reborn team for letting people use their resources. You are awesome.
Thanks to BellBlitzKing for his Pokemon Sound Effects Pack: Gen 1 to Gen 7 - All Attacks SFX.

Speedup Marin - for the original Better Speed Up script Phantombass - updating the script to Essentials v19.1

Gen 8 Pack Team - veekun, Smogon X/Y Sprite Project, Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project, Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project, Anarlaurendil, princess-pheonix,

LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88, Larry Turbo, SageDeoxys, Tammyclaydon, MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X,

2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty,

Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17, spritesstealer, Alaguesia, harveydentmd, Marin, MapleBranchWing,

Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository

Leparagon, StarrWolf, Pokemon Shattered Light Team, Rhyden, Marin, Zeak6464, Golisopod User, Luka S.J., UberDunsparce.

ENLS Looped Music: ENLS, Thundaga, KrakerwatYT, Sulucnal, FrivolousAqua

Aveontrainer - Gen 3 styled Gen 5 sprites,

Ekats - Tilesets\nMagicscarf - Tilesets

PurpleZaffre - Original Team Plasma and Neo Plasma sprites

Deep Weeb - Team Skull sprites

Gamefreak - Team Aqua, Magma, and Rocket sprites

Mashirosakura, Young Dante = Gen 4 Gen 5 OW in gen 3

Lucidious89 - Pokemon Essentials Deluxe

Swamp Autotiles, playground, signs, game consoles

palm tree. - j-Treeko252

Fly Animation - KleinStudio
A.I.R

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Character Customization Resources (Gen 4) - Coffee Cup/ Poltergeist

New Mega Evolution Designs - kei_member

Nintendo, Gamefreak, and Enterbrain

Typhoonboom - testing

Last edited:

safr

Elite Trainer

* * * Description * * *

Made with RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials v20.1​

Teams Neoplasma and Cipher are threatening the Flora Region, and you just moved there. Stop Plasma and Cipher as they are working together and spreading Shadow Pokemon across the region. Assist the newest Vigilante in the region in her fight against the evil teams. Travel across the regions to high snowy mountain peaks and swamps. Battle the 8 Gym Leaders across the lands, Master Mega Evolutions, and heal the Shadow Pokemon you encounter.
View attachment 24107

* * * Features * * *
4 New Mega Evolutions:
Only 4 have their megastones placed in the world there are a few more, but they aren't fully implemented yet, the 3 Starters (Samurott, Decidueye, and Delphox) as well as Mismagius.
New Regional Forms: Krookodile Line becomes Fire/Dark and Drednaw becomes Water/Grass
Pokemon: There are pokemon from Gens 1-8, but not all of them.
Gyms: There are 8 of them! Each with their own puzzle and city as well. Each has their own unique leaders as well!
New Region: The game is set in the Flora region, based on Florida, but with maybe a bit more variation in elevation.
New Story: There is a new story to follow, it was written by me, so it may not be the best ever, but there is a story.
View attachment 24108

* * * In Development Notes * * *
I'm only one dude working on it in my free time, which I don't really have much of.
I've been focusing on the story and gyms, so most towns will probably feel empty. Most buildings don't have interiors.
Some interiors may also be from the Starter Kit as well, the department store, Pokemon Centers, and Pokemarts come to mind first.
Typos may be fairly frequent. Other than one guy, I'm the only one who tests the game and I'm garbage at typing and catching typos.
balance might be a tad bit unbalanced.​

PurpleZaffre - Gen4 Overworld Pack

DiegoWT - Gen 5 OW Pack in Gen 4 Style

Gela/theo#7722 - Gen4 & 5 trainers

BatterymanAAA - Miror B. Trainer

Zender1752 - Miror B.

Maruno - Hotfixes 20.1

StCooler, DarryBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer,

riddlemeree \n- Gen 8 animations

Gen 8 Pack Team - veekun, Smogon X/Y Sprite Project, Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project, Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project, Anarlaurendil, princess-pheonix,

LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88, Larry Turbo, SageDeoxys, Tammyclaydon, MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X,

2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty,

Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17, spritesstealer, Alaguesia, harveydentmd, Marin, MapleBranchWing,

Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository

Leparagon, StarrWolf, Pokemon Shattered Light Team, Rhyden, Marin, Zeak6464, Golisopod User, Luka S.J., UberDunsparce.

ENLS Looped Music: ENLS, Thundaga, KrakerwatYT, Sulucnal, FrivolousAqua

Aveontrainer - Gen 3 styled Gen 5 sprites,

Ekats - Tilesets\nMagicscarf - Tilesets

PurpleZaffre - Original Team Plasma and Neo Plasma sprites

Deep Weeb - Team Skull sprites

Gamefreak - Team Aqua, Magma, and Rocket sprites

Mashirosakura, Young Dante = Gen 4 Gen 5 OW in gen 3

Lucidious89 - Pokemon Essentials Deluxe

Swamp Autotiles, playground, signs, game consoles

palm tree. - j-Treeko252

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Character Customization Resources (Gen 4) - Coffee Cup/ Poltergeist

New Mega Evolution Designs - kei_member

Nintendo, Gamefreak, and Enterbrain

Typhoonboom - testing
How far the demo go?

safr

Elite Trainer
Up to Gym 8. The characters may mention a story area that you can do alongside the 8th gym, but it isn't in yet. I did the gym first and thats this version.
Thank, I need to know before start so i can calculate how long I need to play and compare it to my free time, so i can give the game better try without rushing on playing. Thank you for telling me. I think i can complete the game in 4 or 5 day's depending on difficulty and because I'm not rushing. the game and thank you for answering. I hope you Stay healthy 👍👊🙂

Last edited:

Nutcase71733

Cooltrainer
for some reason the game is glitching out after I took a break from it, and the pause menu flickers on and off really fast as my character walks down or toggles through the menue until the game closes itself.

PsychApple

Novice
for some reason the game is glitching out after I took a break from it, and the pause menu flickers on and off really fast as my character walks down or toggles through the menue until the game closes itself.
That's odd, is that still happening?

katrina48

Novice
i get this error in route 6 cave i can't continue in game. thanks

Attachments

• pokemon orange error.PNG
    pokemon orange error.PNG
    146.1 KB · Views: 28

PsychApple

Novice
i get this error in route 6 cave i can't continue in game. thanks
Is it possible that its only happening when he sees you? For some reason this error only pops up in the released version. It never seems to happen in the debug version that comes when ran in rpg maker, so I may have just typed something in the event wrong. I only seem to get the error when he detects me. I'm gonna be honest, I genuinely have 0 clue what causes this or how to fix it.

Last edited:

PsychApple

Novice
I threw together a quick edit to the page for the most recent update. Not everything is accurate and images are broken. I’m at work and will fix it when I get home.

kiniver

Rookie
I am having an issue in this battle, after the first KO, the last pokemon that moved gets stuck in a look and continues to do the move and gain XP...
The image is having trouble showing here, you can find the issue image here: Battle look issue
This is in the Milkford city first battle btw.

kiniver

Rookie
I am having an issue in this battle, after the first KO, the last pokemon that moved gets stuck in a look and continues to do the move and gain XP...
The image is having trouble showing here, you can find the issue image here: Battle look issue
This is in the Milkford city first battle btw.
I recorded this, it shows that if you get to a point of no PP it will stop until another move happens, this also just affected me in an outside battle. I am going to restart to hopefully fix this, but what could have started it? In case it does not load, you can find it here: Battle Loop issue video

kiniver

Rookie
I recorded this, it shows that if you get to a point of no PP it will stop until another move happens, this also just affected me in an outside battle. I am going to restart to hopefully fix this, but what could have started it? In case it does not load, you can find it here: Battle Loop issue video

I think I figured it out, it looks like since I maxed out my EV's it did that...

Back