• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon: RBGenesis+ - New Content! More Custom Shadow Pokemon + NPCs + Events - [Open to Community Updates]

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
splash-png.159797

About
Re-experience Kanto in an all new light! Pokémon RBGenesis aims to recreate the feeling of playing Pokémon Red and Blue on your Gameboy for the first time. Using the colorful art style of the Gen 2 GSC games; Pokémon from gens 1-8, And all new events and characters, Kanto will feel nostalgic and fresh at the same time! RBG ups the expected difficulty of the Kanto region to bring a new challenge to returning players. Search the region for new wild Pokémon encounters based on the Day/Night cycle, or for the various Mega Stones and battle items scattered across the region! Discover all new areas, such as the River Valley, Deep Forest, or Mt. Moon Summit! Become the Champion of the Kanto region in a brand new way, and explore all new mysteries!

RBG+: https://www.mediafire.com/file/hhys4x2wkc0mq4p/Pokemon_RBGenesisPlus.zip/file
(OLD) Version 1.5.1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/19b77zw9qkyumxz/Pokemon_RBGenesis.zip/file
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/j7fjQ6CBke

Pokemon RBGenesis has it's last official release, and I'm opening it up to the community to keep expanding it! RBG+ Is unfortunately, not a finished update like I had originally wanted. Due to changes in my personal life, I don't have any time to be able to work on the project like I used to. So I wanted to share the little bit that I had gotten to to at least get it out to the public. It includes a lot of fixes for issues you guys were having, as well as a lot of really fun new things to explore! The game is still complete from start to finish, it's really just the post game areas that were too ambitious for me to finalize.

However, if you like the project, and have access to RPG Maker XP, you're more than welcome to carry on the project from where I left off! I will open up some more Discord threads for project discussion and will be there to answer any questions you might have. Let's work together to create the ultimate Kanto experience we can!

RBG+ is still compatible with your old save, but I recommend backing up your old save and starting a new game, so you don't miss any of the new events or cause any unintentional soft locks. All the saved game information is stored in the save file "Game. rxdata", in the folder "C:\Users\ USERNAME \AppData\Roaming\ Pokemon RBGenesis ". Simply moving the save file to a folder will store it and the game will make a new save upon loading.

I hope you guys can forgive me for having to abandon the game, and I hope you enjoy the new update!​

RBG+ Changelog
  • Various Bug fixes and soft lock corrections
  • Added new story elements and characters [e.g. Yellow, Steven Stone, Norman, Prof. Elm]
  • Added (small) Johto post game areas and events
  • Added a menu option for changing controls
  • Included more custom shadow Pokemon to be obtained earlier in the game
  • Added (non-functional) Battle Frontier post game area that can be reached with the S.S. Anne
  • Added repeatable optional Boss fight for Exp Charm / Exp training

v1.5.1 Changes
  • Fixed an issue that would crash the game when playing the animation for certain moves (Needs verification)
  • Changed the Mewtwo encounter in Cerulean Cave to be a Shadow Armored Mewtwo
  • Adjusted the levels of wild Pokémon in late game areas to assist with leveling and team building
  • Fixed an issue that could potentially cause a crash when approaching a flyable location
  • Added a smashable rock in Rock Tunnel to assist with returning to Vermillion City
  • Fixed the HM badge requirement so it correctly checks for the right badge
  • Updated the included text file with information about changes to Pokémon evolutions

v1.4.2 Changes
  • Fixed an issue with the gift Mega Stones after defeating the E4 not giving the correct ones
  • Fixed the previous fix for the Giovanni fight where sometimes the executives rechallenged you to a fight again unintentionally
  • Rebalanced more Gen 1-3 Pokémon, added a text file that goes over all of the Pokémon changes in the game
  • Fixed Fly so it no longer crashes when selecting a location that hadn't been visited yet
  • Fixed a ledge on Route 4 that could get the player stuck out of bounds
  • Fixed Mr. Fuji dialogue so he correctly checks if the player has the Poke Flute
  • Fixed the Mr. Fuji rescue scene so the mega stone doesn't pop in during speech
  • Fixed the Modest Mint item to function correctly
  • Fixed a trainer in the Fuschia Gym that used the wrong dialogue and graphics when defeated
  • Added EV berries to the Safari Zone
  • Added NPC in Fuschia that will give the player an Oval Stone if they show her a member of the Chansey line
  • Added in the missing front sprites for the remaining Mega Evolutions [Back sprites still WIP]
  • Added a few more locations to encounter wild starters and Alolan Pokémon
v1.3 Changes
  • Fixed a soft lock from occurring if you lose the Giovanni fight in Silph Co.
  • Changed the script on the S.S. Anne to handle the Island event more consistently
  • Fixed the mint shop so the Modest Mint option gives the correct mint
  • Added the Snag Machine in the Rocket Hideout in Celadon City
  • Added the ability to purify shadow Pokémon in the Mt. Ember Spa once they open their heart
  • Added a sprite for Mega Camerupt
v1.2 Changes
    • Fixed the sign in Lazy Dayz Farm that had no text
    • Fixed the Dialogue on the S.S. Anne using the Rival's name instead of the Thief's
    • Fixed a ledge on Route 10 that let you jump out of bounds and get stuck
    • fixed the trainer in Vermilion Gym that could soft lock you if spoken to on the wrong side
    • Added a sprite for Mega Pinsir - [More on the way soon]
    [*]

v1.1 Changes
    • Added Bottle caps and Gold Bottle caps around Kanto. 3 Bottle caps are awarded at the move counter after each Gym.
    • Hyper Trainer NPC in Cerulean City will exchange Bottle Caps to max out Pokémon IV stats.
    • Added new NPC in Lazy Dayz Farm north of Pewter City that sells Nature changing Mints.
    • Added in Gym Leader rematches after defeating the E4.
    • Added new Champion battle after completing all Gym rematches.
    • Fixed an issue with some moves getting an error message when loading the animation.
    [*]

starters-png.153118
Features

• Gen 2 Sprites using Pokémon GSC Essentials in RPG Maker XP
  • Pokémon from Gens 1-8
  • Speed up modes that can be toggled with the Alt button
  • New playable female character (Based on Hilda from Black & White)
  • Additional female rival (Based on Green from the Pokémon Adventures manga)
  • Updated Gen 8 mechanics and items
  • Reusable TMs
  • New move counter in PokéCenters [TM shop, Move Relearner, Move Deleter]
  • Updated maps to a more natural style
  • Mega Evolutions, Shadow Pokémon, and Double Battles
  • Modern PC boxes
  • New events, NPCs, and Locations
  • Updated and expanded Safari Zone and new Bug Catching contest
  • Optional Nuzlocke friendly Key Item "Candy Bag" in Pallet Town
  • Increased difficulty and level caps for major battles
  • Stat buffs, ability changes, type changes to a small handful of Pokémon
  • Optional Gameboy Color window frames!

230px-green_rgb_chapter_adventures-png.153114

Screenshots
screenshot-mosaic-png.153182

Overworld Screenshots
screenshot-overworlds-png.153181

screenshot_2024-02-07_181304-png.159798

screenshot-2024-03-15-160843-png.159799

screenshot_2024-02-07_181242-png.159800

97eb4f94ff6407c94bbe2f81d6218a1a-jpg.153113

Credits
RBG Game Creation

Lockheart

Pokémon GSC Essentials
Xaveriux
With the indispensable help of: Caruban, prankster20, Vendily, AwfullyWaffley, TechSkylander1518, James Davy.

Pokémon Essentials GS base resources made by:
COMBOY
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain
3rd, 4th and 5th generation Pokémon
devamped sprites made by:

COMBOY
DarkDoom3000
Koolboyman
Akailsamu
Neslug
NICKtendo DS
Wes
pokekicks
Alpha Six
Jeremy
Lockerz102
josthR69
Koopaul
Parasect047
Ike
ClawdNyasu
Layle
SengirDev
Devicho
Special thanks to:
Aioros
The Spriters Resource
Maruno
FL
Umbreon
Pia Carrot
Kcgaranzy
mej71
out written
kiedisticelixer
Crystal GFX Files:
Nuuk
GBC Party Sprites
EeVeeEe1999
QuilChess
JF278 & Dani (from Pokémon Fierce Melody)
Sun/Moon Community Dex v2.0:
Pia Carrot
Pioxys
Xeogran
Lightning
Enderific
SirWhibbles
SupahSanti
JaegerLucciano
patrickackerman
Seyeba
ubasuteyama
Rangi
bloodless
lakeofdance
datlopunnytho
Leperagon
Soloo93
Bronzeswagger
Sword/Shield Community Dex GSC style:
Meltan - ???, BloodlessNS
Melmetal - JuicyChickenThighs, PiaCarrot
Grookey, Jozzer26, PiaCarrot, JaceDeane
Scorbunny - PiaCarrot, JaceDeane, BloodlessNS
Sobble - EeVeeEe1999
Gossifleur - QuilChess, PiaCarrot, Copetin, JaceDeane
Eldegoss - PiaCarrot, JaceDeane
Corviknight - LucasSevero
Dreadnaw - EeVeeEe1999, JaceDeane
Wooloo - Nuuk
Zacian - PiaCarrot, Copetin
Zamazenta - PiaCarrot
Impidimp - PiaCarrot
Yamper - EeVeeEe1999, JaceDeane
Rolycoly - EeVeeEe1999, JaceDeane
Duraldon - Enderific, JaceDeane
Alcremie - JaceDeane
Weezing - PiaCarrot
Menu - Toxel Dragapult Chewtle Cursola Coalossal Eiscue Dracozolt Arctozolt.
Hatterene Barraskewda, Mr Rime
Rookiedie - Pia Carrot
Morpeko - JaceDeane
Polteageist - EeVeeEe1999
Cramorant - EeVeeEe1999
Applin - Pia Carrot
Obstagoon - Copetin
Sirfetchd - Enderific, JaceDeane
Ponyta - JuicyChickenThighs
Zigzagoon & Linoone - EeVeeEe1999
Dracovish - Nuuk
Drizzile Inteleon - Pia Carrot
Runerigus - EeVeeEe1999
Blipbug line - Enderific (and resized by Pia Carrot)
Dreepy and evo - Enderific
Galarian Meowth - Enderific
Hattena - Cinnaboopa
Attack Animations:
The Spriters Resource
COMBOY
RZC
Xaveriux
MarcStudio08
Scripts:
Caruban
Xaveriux
Vendily
Pia Carrot
Nyaruko
Pablus94
Marin
Gen 8 Project for Essentials 18 and 18.1:

Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries- Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries- Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries- Zeak6464
PBS Credits:
Zerokid, TheToxic, Golisopod User, HM100, KyureJL, ErwanBeurier
Script Credits:
Gen 8 Scripts: Vendily, TheToxic, HM100, Golisopod User, Aioross, WolfPP, MFilice, lolface, KyureJL, DarrylBD99, Turn20Negate, TheKandinavian, ErwanBeurier
UberDunsparce - Compilation of Resources
Music and SFX:
Pokémon Gold, Silver & Crystal
Pokémon DPPT
Mario Tennis
Pokémon TCG GBC
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Gameboy Borders
taynathon

Various Artwork
Lockheart
GoreRipper

rockets-png.153116

Known Fixes in Progress
    • Majority of Gen 8 Pokémon need sprites
    • Game crashes upon leveling up to lvl 100 in battle. [UI bug, can be bypassed with rare candies]
    • Battle Frontier battles crash upon trying to load the battle intro animations
    [*]

kanto_mega_starters___old_s__style_by_tomycase-d6mkumq-png.153115
[​

Releases

RBG+: https://www.mediafire.com/file/hhys4x2wkc0mq4p/Pokemon_RBGenesisPlus.zip/file
Version 1.5.1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/19b77zw9qkyumxz/Pokemon_RBGenesis.zip/file
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/j7fjQ6CBke

RBG+ Changelog
  • Various Bug fixes and soft lock corrections
  • Added new story elements and characters [e.g. Yellow, Steven Stone, Norman, Prof. Elm]
  • Added (small) Johto post game areas and events
  • Added a menu option for changing controls
  • Included more custom shadow Pokemon to be obtained earlier in the game
  • Added (non-functional) Battle Frontier post game area that can be reached with the S.S. Anne
  • Added repeatable optional Boss fight for Exp Charm / Exp training

v1.5.1 Changes
  • Fixed an issue that would crash the game when playing the animation for certain moves (Needs verification)
  • Changed the Mewtwo encounter in Cerulean Cave to be a Shadow Armored Mewtwo
  • Adjusted the levels of wild Pokémon in late game areas to assist with leveling and team building
  • Fixed an issue that could potentially cause a crash when approaching a flyable location
  • Added a smashable rock in Rock Tunnel to assist with returning to Vermillion City
  • Fixed the HM badge requirement so it correctly checks for the right badge
  • Updated the included text file with information about changes to Pokémon evolutions

v1.4.2 Changes
  • Fixed an issue with the gift Mega Stones after defeating the E4 not giving the correct ones
  • Fixed the previous fix for the Giovanni fight where sometimes the executives rechallenged you to a fight again unintentionally
  • Rebalanced more Gen 1-3 Pokémon, added a text file that goes over all of the Pokémon changes in the game
  • Fixed Fly so it no longer crashes when selecting a location that hadn't been visited yet
  • Fixed a ledge on Route 4 that could get the player stuck out of bounds
  • Fixed Mr. Fuji dialogue so he correctly checks if the player has the Poke Flute
  • Fixed the Mr. Fuji rescue scene so the mega stone doesn't pop in during speech
  • Fixed the Modest Mint item to function correctly
  • Fixed a trainer in the Fuschia Gym that used the wrong dialogue and graphics when defeated
  • Added EV berries to the Safari Zone
  • Added NPC in Fuschia that will give the player an Oval Stone if they show her a member of the Chansey line
  • Added in the missing front sprites for the remaining Mega Evolutions [Back sprites still WIP]
  • Added a few more locations to encounter wild starters and Alolan Pokémon

v1.3 Changes
    • Fixed a soft lock from occurring if you lose the Giovanni fight in Silph Co.
    • Changed the script on the S.S. Anne to handle the Island event more consistently
    • Fixed the mint shop so the Modest Mint option gives the correct mint
    • Added the Snag Machine in the Rocket Hideout in Celadon City
    • Added the ability to purify shadow Pokémon in the Mt. Ember Spa once they open their heart
    • Added a sprite for Mega Camerupt
v1.2 Changes
    • Fixed the sign in Lazy Dayz Farm that had no text
    • Fixed the Dialogue on the S.S. Anne using the Rival's name instead of the Thief's
    • Fixed a ledge on Route 10 that let you jump out of bounds and get stuck
    • fixed the trainer in Vermilion Gym that could soft lock you if spoken to on the wrong side
    • Added a sprite for Mega Pinsir - [More on the way soon]
    [*]

v1.1 Changes
    • Added Bottle caps and Gold Bottle caps around Kanto. 3 Bottle caps are awarded at the move counter after each Gym.
    • Hyper Trainer NPC in Cerulean City will exchange Bottle Caps to max out Pokémon IV stats.
    • Added new NPC in Lazy Dayz Farm north of Pewter City that sells Nature changing Mints.
    • Added in Gym Leader rematches after defeating the E4.
    • Added new Champion battle after completing all Gym rematches.
    • Fixed an issue with some moves getting an error message when loading the animation.
    [*]

Enjoy!

Attachments

• kanto_mega_starters___old_s__style_by_tomycase-d6mkumq.png
    kanto_mega_starters___old_s__style_by_tomycase-d6mkumq.png
    675 KB · Views: 9,069
  • rockets.png
    rockets.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 9,171
  • 97eb4f94ff6407c94bbe2f81d6218a1a.jpg
    97eb4f94ff6407c94bbe2f81d6218a1a.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 9,359
  • 230px-Green_RGB_chapter_Adventures.png
    230px-Green_RGB_chapter_Adventures.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 9,716
  • starters.png
    starters.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 10,584
  • splash.png
    splash.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 37,297
  • Screenshot mosaic.png
    Screenshot mosaic.png
    399.8 KB · Views: 5,744
  • Screenshot overworlds.png
    Screenshot overworlds.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,630
Last edited:

Stealthhikki117

Rookie
Is there a way to change the key bindings so that every time we alt + tab, the speed doesn't get screwed up?

Lockheart

Novice
Sorry for the lack of responses everyone! I wasn't getting notified of new messages for some reason.

Is there a way to change the key bindings so that every time we alt + tab, the speed doesn't get screwed up?
Yes, F1 will bring up the key binding menu
About to do another playthrough, any client updates expected within the next day or two?
Not within the next few days, no. I'm aiming to make the next update a sizeable one with some larger changes. Ideally, I'm waiting for the kit I used to update to work with Pokemon Essentials v21, but there's no eta on that at the moment.

Reactions: aly

GroudonDidNothingWrong

Rookie
Started a nuzlocke, and noticed that it doesnt show where you obtained the pokemon. I just have to remember or write it down, but it would be nice if that was displayed in game. gonna ask the disc about what the lvl caps are for the gyms- but me being lazy- i'd appreciate a supported ingame lvl cap, maybe activated by the same candy bag person

wade

Rookie
Hi
My Charizard up to lv100
But the game was stuck
How can I fix it?

RizzJolt-89

Rookie
Hey can someone help I run into an error when I move the player in regenesis please help.

Last edited:

aly

Novice
Sorry for the lack of responses everyone! I wasn't getting notified of new messages for some reason.

Yes, F1 will bring up the key binding menu

Not within the next few days, no. I'm aiming to make the next update a sizeable one with some larger changes. Ideally, I'm waiting for the kit I used to update to work with Pokemon Essentials v21, but there's no eta on that at the moment.
Don't worry. We know you're still here so don't need to apologize. See you in next project or update

Lockheart

Novice
The new and final update from me is here! RBG+ aimed to fix any remaining issues that arose in the previous 1.5v as well as the addition of more fun events!
The first post has been updated with more details, but I hope you all enjoy this little refresher update!

I'm sad I don't have the time to devote to the project anymore, but if you have the means to make edits to the game, you're welcome to make your own additions! I've opened up a thread in the Discord for discussions if anyone is interested in working with others.

The game uses Taynathan's GSC essentials kit, for anyone looking to find out more about how to make more Gen II content.
GSC Essentials v1.3.2

eddienorth513

Rookie
Hello all. I'm trying to enter the cave in river valley after steven opens it and it's not letting me enter, how do i fix this?
I also cant enter mt silver without the game changing music and going into a black screen.

Back