• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Deep Blue

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Hello,

Welcome to the Fermia region. In this basic Pokemon story your partner will be chosen with intuition. Battle your way trough the gyms to challenge the Pokemon League, complete your pokedex, build your favorite team and face the consequences of power with a sinister intellectual organization. Start your journey and enjoy the calming simplicity and exciting encounters of this Pokemon adventure.

*I'm currently playtesting this for Android mobile devices with JoiPlay. So far it seems to work well with the latest Joiplay update and RPG Maker plugin. There is only some minor graphic issues that doesn't affect gameplay.
You can download JoiPlay and the plugin from searching it on google. The playstore version is probably not going to work. You have to install it as an outside of the store app.
- I'm using JoiPlay version 1.20.023

Features:
-New starter choosing system with 18 possibilities
-Game continues after Pokemon League
-All 1 & 2 Gen Pokemon and their evolutions plus special choises from other generations

1JE5bkF.png
xXPXBgS.png

IkkQzy8.png
Va9Y64V.png

x2HkP1g.png
WoW8ZYL.png

FQlxyLz.png
2rvi1st.png

I have always wanted to make a Pokemon game and when I found about Pokemon Essentials last winter I knew I had to give it a try. The game is now finished. I set a deadline to finish making the game this year (2023) since I have other things to do in life. I have playtested it a few times but if you find major bugs feel free to speak and I will try try to fix them. Huge thanks for everyone that made this possible and I hope I got this right at first try. I would love to hear your comments on this game and I'm also open for critique.

Version 1.0.1
-Changed some Victory road and Route 4 trainer seeing distanced to prevent freezing. If the trainer sees you too far out of the screen the game can freeze.
-You can now use Fly from the top of Victory Road
-Added map locations to two Victory road maps (The top and the entrance to it)
Version 1.0.2
-Couple of changes in hidden items
-Following Pokemon now find leaf stone instead of thunder stone
-Added leaf stone to Dukkha Valley
-Changed sky color in top of Victory Road
-Fixed details in male fishing animation
-Fixed dissappearing events in healing spots after defeat
Version 1.0.3
-Fixed possible softlock at Unokai HQ
Version 1.0.4
-Fixed some doors at Sanguine Town
-Fixed Eevee growth rates so it doesn't level down when evolving
-Some other fixes that I don't remember since I removed my notes after Relic Castle removal :D

DOWNLOAD:
Pokemon Deep Blue

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
Golisopod User<s>Rataime
help-14<s>Savordez
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end
KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12
Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga
Luka S.J.<s>
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Player Character front/back Sprites:
Poltergeist

Hoenn Party Screen:
dooof

Music:
ENLSs Pre Looped Music Library

Nocturne in F minor by Frederic Chopin
Played by Vladimir Feltsman

Solfeggio in C minor by Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach
Played By Matthias Veit

Generation 8 Project for Essentials:
Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
Overworld Sprites
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer
Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
Script Credits:
Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Following Pokemon EX:
Golisopod User
Help-14
zingzags
Rayd12smitty
mej71
PurpleZaffre
Akizakura16
Thundaga
Armin (Fairies Resource Pack)
Maruno

v20.1 Hotfixes​

Maruno

Special Thanks:
Thundaga Youtube tutorials

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

9wB3GhB.gif

Attachments

• Pokemon Deep Blue Start.PNG
    Pokemon Deep Blue Start.PNG
    23.3 KB · Views: 34,706
  • Screenshot 2023-10-20 105948.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-20 105948.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 14,162
  • Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    21.7 KB · Views: 14,161
  • Screenshot 2023-10-20 114038.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-20 114038.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 14,020
  • Screenshot 2023-10-20 212342.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-20 212342.png
    185.7 KB · Views: 14,158
  • Screenshot 2023-10-20 151632.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-20 151632.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 13,978
  • Capture 1.PNG
    Capture 1.PNG
    46.3 KB · Views: 13,861
  • Screenshot 2023-10-20 212133.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-20 212133.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 13,810
  • Pokemon Deep Blue Animation.gif
    Pokemon Deep Blue Animation.gif
    328.2 KB · Views: 7,449
Last edited:

Hernek

Trainer
The game starts put greatvbut as soon as i get into a wild encounter the game freezes but still plays music
Hmm. I had the same problem at first but if I remember right it had something to do with the plugin. The RPG plugin I use is version 1.20.25
The game should work if everything is done correctly. I just don't remember what I did wrong. It should't require any option changes.
You can try to re install the plugin and then start the plugin before starting joiplay.

burnscory3420

Novice
Hmm. I had the same problem at first but if I remember right it had something to do with the plugin. The RPG plugin I use is version 1.20.25
The game should work if everything is done correctly. I just don't remember what I did wrong. It should't require any option changes.
You can try to re install the plugin and then start the plugin before starting joiplay.
How do ypu
How do you start the plugin first. Cuz i have 1.20.25

Hernek

Trainer
How do ypu
How do you start the plugin first. Cuz i have 1.20.25
After installing it on your phone, just open it and then you can close it. I'm not sure how it works and sometimes I have to start the plugin before starting joiplay for the game to start.
I have the Joiplay and the RPG plugin as icons on my start screen.
Sorry to not have currently more info. I'll try to reinstall to give a tutorial and investigate when I have time in a few days.
What version of the game are you playing?

kaymas

Rookie
hey So I was going through the last gym and was in that big maze, I stepped on the outermost switch and now I am in some random forest kind of area with no exit. And the town map shows that I am somewhere in the top left corner. What should I do?? also I did not save the game before entering the gym so I if I just go to the last saved location, I might loose some solid progress.

Hernek

Trainer
hey So I was going through the last gym and was in that big maze, I stepped on the outermost switch and now I am in some random forest kind of area with no exit. And the town map shows that I am somewhere in the top left corner. What should I do?? also I did not save the game before entering the gym so I if I just go to the last saved location, I might loose some solid progress.
Hi,

The forest is a maze also. You can progress upwards from the edges of the map. There is gaps between the trees. Also the bushes give you a hint to wich direction to go.

darku.sayzzz

Novice
Hi,

Only regular Pokemon from gens 1-9 are included in this game. No megas or similar special forms are included.
Thx man for the info btw I want to ask i defeated 7th gym got the riddle of 8th gym now where to find the 8th gym

Last edited:

Hernek

Trainer
Hey bro just finish the championship now what to do for making progress in game

After beating the champion first time you can prepare to beat her again. This time it's more difficult. There are new areas available from Otter Town Port and you can challenge the gym leaders to rebattle. After beating the Champion a second time the last challenge becomes available.

darku.sayzzz

Novice
After beating the champion first time you can prepare to beat her again. This time it's more difficult. There are new areas available from Otter Town Port and you can challenge the gym leaders to rebattle. After beating the Champion a second time the last challenge becomes available.
Bro i tried to do rematch with gym leaders but the dragon gym leader isn't in her gym and there's only 2 house in the city and she's also not there where to find her

darku.sayzzz

Novice
Oh, yes. You can't battle Mewtwo again. He earsed your memory when you left so you're not supposed to remember him :D
Hey bro just won the championship second time got the rainbow feather caught lugia now what to do?

darku.sayzzz

Novice
You can go to Inferno City Harbor and see if someone there recognizes the feather
Done ho -oh capture sucessfully now anything else to do ?

And do you have discord server ik I'm making you annoy by continuously asking questions

Last edited:

Hernek

Trainer
Done ho -oh capture sucessfully now anything else to do ?

And do you have discord server ik I'm making you annoy by continuously asking questions
I don't mind :D I prefer using this forum and I'm just happy if someone is enjoying the game. Thank you for playing.

The game is pretty much there. You can try to see all the pokemon available for an extra reward but that is quite a difficult task.

I'm planning a upgrader version of the game (like platinum or emerald). But it's a long project I'm working on now and then when I have extra time (next year maybe).

Back