• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Libertas (v 1.8.0)

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
libertastitlescreen-textless.png

Welcome to Kimo!

Pokémon Libertas is a semi-open world Pokémon Fangame aimed to let the player explore an entire region in many different orders, while still having a lot to see and do.

You are an aspiring trainer who've been in contact with Professor Fumu, who agreed to help you move into Kimo to start your new journey. Today is the day you settle in. Who you were and what you want to do from here is up to you.

Last Updated: 02/05/2024 (Re-uploading Images)

ss1.png
ss2.png
ss3.png
ss4.png
ss5.png

This game features:
  • Starly, Roggenrola, and Timburr as starters
  • A fully explorable region from the start, featuring 10 Gyms which all scale up with your badge count
  • Gen 7 Mechanics as a base
  • Mega Evolutions & Z-Moves included
  • Some Gen 8+ stuff tacked on (moves, abilities, items primarily)
  • ~94% of all Gen 7 Pokémon (aiming for 100% on game completion)
  • Buffs & changes to a lot of Pokémon's movesets, stats, types, abilities
  • Also major are changes to the type interactions of Fairy, Bug, Poison, and Ice
  • Changes to evolution methods (No trade evolutions, evolving to different forms, and lowered levels for some Unovan Pokémon)
  • Natural Field Skills to replace HMs
  • The ability to see all encounters in your area via the Pokegear
  • Following Pokémon
  • Speed Up (Cycled with Q)
  • A more comprehensive list of features and changes are listed in the Features & Changes.txt file provided within the download

With plans for:
  • A Doubles-centric League
  • A new UI
  • More Rival-like NPC interactions (though most being optional)
  • More sidequests in general, and making them more elaborate
  • A postgame island featuring a Battle Frontier and PWT
  • A Champion Title Defense Mode

Hello there! This is my first Pokémon fangame (and also finished game), and it's been in private development since October of 2020 with some of my friends volunteering to playtest the game and help hunt for bugs.

While all the gyms are finished, I'm currently starting work on the league and post-game, so it's not quite done yet, but at this point I'm willing to show what I have.
Apart from the plugins and resources used, this project is entirely solo, so a relatively long development time should be expected before I release another update, as this project has been in development since October of 2020 and is only now arriving here in terms of progress.

Feedback is very much appreciated both here and in Discord (though I check Discord much more often), and I'm looking to soon overhaul many parts of this game, primarily some of the old maps. maybe some sprites, and later remake most of the UI, so don't be afraid to shoot some suggestions and ideas for those, and I'll see if:
1. I can do them, and if,
2. I like them enough to put them in.

Anyways, that's all. Enjoy!

Developed with Pokémon Essentials v20.1 | RPG Maker XP

CREDITS
Created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Marin, Boushy, MiDas Mike, Brother1440, Near Fantastica, FL., PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, Golisopod User, Rataime, help-14, Savordez, IceGod64, SoundSpawn, Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta, Venom12, Lisa Anthony, Wachunga, Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!
Ability Capsule w/ Hidden Abilities
AngelusMortis, Marin, Maruno, AiurJordan

Advanced Pokedex
FL

Advanced Items - Field Moves
Bergium, TechSkylander1518, Moyo, Marin

Always in Bush
Kotaro, Titania318, KleinStudio, derFischae

Arcky's Region Map
Arcky
Compatibility with Roaming Icons by Nezzy

Bag Screen w/ Interactable Party
DiegoWT

DiegoWT's Starter Selection
DiegoWT

Encounter List UI
ThatWelshOne_, raZ, Marin, Maruno, Nuri Yuri, PurpleZaffre, Savordez, Vendily

Enhanced UI
Lucidious89
Sprites by Poq and BlueEye007

Essentials Deluxe
Lucidious89

EV & IV in summary
Zardae & Thundaga

Following Pokemon EX
Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, PurpleZaffre, Akizakura16, Thundaga, Armin (Fairies Resource Pack), Maruno

Fluid Badges
TechSkylander1518

Generation 8 Pack
Golisopod User, Luka S.J., UberDunsparce

Improved AI
KRLW890

Improved Field Skills
Lucidious89

Luka's Scripting Utilities
Luka S.J.

Overworld Shadows EX
Golisopod User, Wolf PP, Marin

Overworld Weather BGS
Maralis and Derxwna Kapsyla

Pokemon World Tournament
Luka S.J., DerxwnaKapsyla, Vendily

Roaming Icons
FL

Speed Up 2.0
Marin and Phantombass

Spin Tiles
Vendily, thepsynergist, Barrel's O'Fun, AiurJordan, Shir0n
ported to v20.1 with help by Dest72

v20.1 Hotfixes
Maruno

Voltseon's Pause Menu
Voltseon, Golisopod User, ENLS

ZUD
Lucidious89
Gen 6-7 Battle Sprites
Smogon X/Y & Sun/Moon Sprite Project
compiled for PE by Golisopod User & UberDunsparce

Pokemon Menu Sprites
Alaguesia, MBCMechachu, Z-nogyroP, AlphaPro_25,EndercreeperMugen, MultiDiegoDani, RousJuice, KrocF4, MrDollSteak, thedarkdragon11, lee s.b

Overworld Pokemon Sprites
MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, Zyon17, LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88

Additional Overworld Trainer Sprites
Avatar, Aveontrainer, Daman, Kalarie, MrDollSteak, Pokesho, Spherical Ice, FursTheFox, Marnic, Reign, KisiroKitsune, Poffin_Case

Gen 6+ Overworld Berry Sprites
Anarlaurendil

Nurse Battle Sprite
junahu

Updated Pokemon Cries rips
Rhyden & Marin

MIDIs used for covers made by
ShinkoNetCavy, LukeeGD, Jace1350, Williatico, Winged Souls

Non-OST Music used
Pokemon Gen 1-7 OST
PMD Rescue Team & Explorers OST
Pokemon GO Wild Battle Theme
Pokemon Colosseum Normal Battle Theme
Deltarune's Pandora Palace & Elegant Entrace
26ROAD by hapinano, used as the placeholder for the in-game Credits theme

Attachments

• [2023-10-22] 13_24_25.006.png
    [2023-10-22] 13_24_25.006.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 3,257
  • [2023-10-22] 13_25_58.865.png
    [2023-10-22] 13_25_58.865.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 3,276
  • [2023-10-22] 13_28_45.192.png
    [2023-10-22] 13_28_45.192.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 3,245
  • [2023-06-16] 18_26_28.139.png
    [2023-06-16] 18_26_28.139.png
    24 KB · Views: 3,253
  • [2023-06-16] 18_24_41.212.png
    [2023-06-16] 18_24_41.212.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 3,254
  • libertastitlescreen-2x.png
    libertastitlescreen-2x.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 5,739
  • [2023-10-23] 08_25_26.555.png
    [2023-10-23] 08_25_26.555.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 3,083
  • libertastitlescreen-textless.png
    libertastitlescreen-textless.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 13,128
Last edited:

pizzataco890

Trainer
View attachment 22157
Welcome to Kimo!

Pokémon Libertas is a semi-open world Pokémon Fangame aimed to let the player explore an entire region in many different orders, while still having a lot to see and do.

You are an aspiring trainer who've been in contact with Professor Fumu, who agreed to help you move into Kimo to start your new journey. Today is the day you settle in. Who you were and what you want to do from here is up to you.

This game features:
  • A fully explorable region from the start, featuring 10 Gyms which all scale up with your badge count
  • Also major are changes to the type interactions of Fairy, Bug, Poison, and Ice
  • Changes to evolution methods (No trade evolutions, evolving to different forms, and lowered levels for some Unovan Pokémon)
  • Following Pokémon
  • A more comprehensive list of features and changes are listed in the Features & Changes.txt file provided within the download

With plans for:
  • A new UI

Hello there! This is my first Pokémon fangame (and also finished game), and it's been in private development since October of 2020 with some of my friends volunteering to playtest the game and help hunt for bugs.

While all the gyms are finished, I'm currently starting work on the league and post-game, so it's not quite done yet, but at this point I'm willing to show what I have.
Apart from the plugins and resources used, this project is entirely solo, so a relatively long development time should be expected before I release another update, as this project has been in development since October of 2020 and is only now arriving here in terms of progress.

Feedback is very much appreciated both here and in Discord (though I check Discord much more often), and I'm looking to soon overhaul many parts of this game, primarily some of the old maps. maybe some sprites, and later remake most of the UI, so don't be afraid to shoot some suggestions and ideas for those, and I'll see if:

Developed with Pokémon Essentials v20.1

CREDITS
Created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Marin, Boushy, MiDas Mike, Brother1440, Near Fantastica, FL., PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, Golisopod User, Rataime, help-14, Savordez, IceGod64, SoundSpawn, Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta, Venom12, Lisa Anthony, Wachunga, Luka S.J.

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo

Always in Bush

DiegoWT

DiegoWT

Encounter List UI

Enhanced UI
Lucidious89

Essentials Deluxe
Lucidious89

EV & IV in summary
Zardae & Thundaga

Following Pokemon EX
Golisopod User, Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71, PurpleZaffre, Akizakura16, Thundaga, Armin (Fairies Resource Pack), Maruno

Generation 8 Pack

Improved AI
KRLW890

Improved Field Skills
Lucidious89

Luka S.J.

Overworld Shadows EX

Overworld Weather BGS

Pokemon World Tournament

Speed Up 2.0
Marin and Phantombass

Spin Tiles

v20.1 Hotfixes
Maruno

Voltseon's Pause Menu

ZUD
Lucidious89
Gen 6-7 Battle Sprites

Pokemon Menu Sprites
Alaguesia, MBCMechachu, Z-nogyroP, AlphaPro_25,EndercreeperMugen, MultiDiegoDani, RousJuice, KrocF4, MrDollSteak, thedarkdragon11, lee s.b

MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, Zyon17, LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88

Avatar, Aveontrainer, Daman, Kalarie, MrDollSteak, Pokesho, Spherical Ice, FursTheFox, Marnic, Reign, KisiroKitsune, Poffin_Case

Anarlaurendil

Nurse Battle Sprite
junahu

Rhyden & Marin

Non-OST Music used
Pokemon Gen 1-7 OST
I might give this game a try but what are the starters? I noticed it has 10 gyms which is kinda of epic.

Kijillo

Rookie
Are there plans to maybe add a hard level cap option or no?
Disobedience is there to keep you from being too ahead but apart from that I haven't really thought about hard level caps, though it might be problematic if not hard to implement, so I'll only implement it if I happen to find a good compromise

floodryan123

Trainer
hey just wanated to let you know if you wanted to add gen 8 and 9 it shouldn't be hard if you use the community rescources. I can try to add that stuff to the files if you want and let you know how it goes

floodryan123

Trainer
hey so I actually just did it it didn't take long all gen 8 and 9 mechanics in it. Send me a DM if you want to see if there's anything in the version I made that'd help you.

Kijillo

Rookie
hey just wanated to let you know if you wanted to add gen 8 and 9 it shouldn't be hard if you use the community rescources. I can try to add that stuff to the files if you want and let you know how it goes
adding gen 8 and 9 content isn't a matter of can or can't, it's a matter of should or shouldn't, and by this state of the game, it will take a while to blend gen 8-9 content into the existing game tastefully

if there is enough demand for it, I'll do it, but it'll delay the next major update significantly due to the game's battles and encounters planned around only having the gen 7 natdex and mechanics, including many future content like the league and post-game content

Glacora

Novice
I felt the need to report this as a bug asap. I just made it to Ike Town (I hope I spelled that right). The lag in this town is incredibly bad. I don't know if it's because of something with the town itself, or the berries I planted. I'm leaning towards the berries because the lag only got worse the more berries I planted. Even the music is lagging.

Kijillo

Rookie
I felt the need to report this as a bug asap. I just made it to Ike Town (I hope I spelled that right). The lag in this town is incredibly bad. I don't know if it's because of something with the town itself, or the berries I planted. I'm leaning towards the berries because the lag only got worse the more berries I planted. Even the music is lagging.
Yeah it's probably the berries, because Essentials/RMXP as far as I know is not at all well optimized for time-sensitive events and I unfortunately only found that out relatively recently. I may have to reduce the amount of land you can plant on there.

safr

Elite Trainer
This game really remind me of of Pokémon gaia and it's in good way because it's been long time since I'm feeling invested in game. Maybe for me having too many Pokémon species in one game make me feeling overwhelmed and convoluted because I'm the type that prefer the Pokémon get unlocked after being champion like old game but this is juts me so don't think too much about it, in the end thank you for this and see you on league and post game story. Stay healthy.
Also edit: forget to say you should also add gameplay trailer in your channel to make gain more people attention 👍

wowowow

Rookie
Good game love the nostalgic feeling. But need some Upgrade features, first key item need to replace HM so we not need to replace change Pokémon just to move with the game and don't need to waste move slot, second maybe better rival story. Thank for the game stay healthy

safr

Elite Trainer
Also forget to add. This game need automatic level scaling like other open world pokemon fangame, i see grass can be avoided most of the time during my time playing but i think that not the problem it's hard to fight and catch pokemon that 5 or 8 level above us not to mention most my money gone just to buy poke toy because i need to escape and repeat until i meet a pokemon that have level not too far from me because when i want to catch pokemon most of the time pokemon that appears is 6 or high level above me. I hope you not angry about all my suggestion 🙇‍♂️

aly

Novice
View attachment 22872
Welcome to Kimo!

Last Updated: 10/12/2023 (Google Drive Mirror)

This game features:
  • Following Pokémon

With plans for:
  • A new UI

CREDITS
Created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo

Advanced Pokedex
FL

Always in Bush

Arcky's Region Map
Arcky

DiegoWT

DiegoWT

Encounter List UI

Enhanced UI
Lucidious89

Essentials Deluxe
Lucidious89

EV & IV in summary
Zardae & Thundaga

Following Pokemon EX

Fluid Badges
TechSkylander1518

Generation 8 Pack

Improved AI
KRLW890

Improved Field Skills
Lucidious89

Luka S.J.

Overworld Shadows EX

Overworld Weather BGS

Pokemon World Tournament

Roaming Icons
FL

Speed Up 2.0
Marin and Phantombass

Spin Tiles

v20.1 Hotfixes
Maruno

Voltseon's Pause Menu

ZUD
Lucidious89
Gen 6-7 Battle Sprites

Pokemon Menu Sprites

Anarlaurendil

Nurse Battle Sprite
junahu

Rhyden & Marin

Non-OST Music used
Pokemon Gen 1-7 OST
Those beta already have good foundation just need more reinforced. First need item to replace HM pretty standard stuff, better story for rival that Second, third need automatic level scaling because this is open world game.

I hope you don't mind about mys suggestion and stay healthy. This is good game with good foundation but that Foundation need to be made more firm

safr

Elite Trainer
View attachment 22872
Welcome to Kimo!

Last Updated: 11/02/2024 (1.7.0 Release)

This game features:
  • Following Pokémon

With plans for:
  • A new UI

CREDITS
Created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo

Advanced Pokedex
FL

Advanced Items - Field Moves
Bergium, TechSkylander1518, Moyo, Marin

Always in Bush

Arcky's Region Map
Arcky

DiegoWT

DiegoWT

Encounter List UI

Enhanced UI
Lucidious89

Essentials Deluxe
Lucidious89

EV & IV in summary
Zardae & Thundaga

Following Pokemon EX

Fluid Badges
TechSkylander1518

Generation 8 Pack

Improved AI
KRLW890

Improved Field Skills
Lucidious89

Luka S.J.

Overworld Shadows EX

Overworld Weather BGS

Pokemon World Tournament

Roaming Icons
FL

Speed Up 2.0
Marin and Phantombass

Spin Tiles

v20.1 Hotfixes
Maruno

Voltseon's Pause Menu

ZUD
Lucidious89
Gen 6-7 Battle Sprites

Pokemon Menu Sprites

Anarlaurendil

Nurse Battle Sprite
junahu

Rhyden & Marin

Non-OST Music used
Pokemon Gen 1-7 OST