• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource [20.1+] Weather System 1.3.4

OkunoShio

Cooltrainer
I did test on an existing save. I will update the plugin later today and see if it solved the issue :)
So you say I got sandstorm because when it checked for the sandstorm probability, which is 0, the random number generator gave me 0 for the check and therefore returned true? thats quite unlucky - or lucky I suppose... 😅 The fog is appearing, I have another zone with a higher fog probability that works :)
Oh and if I understand you correctly, there was a separate check for every weather condition, rolling a new number every time, and if its equal or below the probability, that weather got chosen? that would at least explain why fog happens so rarely, since it's last in the order and therefore its actual probability would be way lower 🤔

CoderFreddy

Novice
Overworld maps that don't have weather specific encounters won't have any wild pokémon while a weather is active. This only seems to be happening after I defined a weather specific encounter for another map.

LinKazamine

Champion
I can't replicate it. I have just defined a weather encounter for a route, went to another without a weather encounter with an active weather and just got into a wild battle.

Have you installed the plugin properly and started a new save?

Panda Masala

Rookie
Is there a directory or something that lists the specific months that fall under each season? It's January here, which is typically considered WINTER, but after testing around, the plugin seems to be using the ZONE_WEATHER array for SPRING. (Using V20.1)

LinKazamine

Champion
This plugin doesn't define what season corresponds to each month. My plugin merely checks what season is active at the moment to use the corresponding weather and season splash. If you want to modify what season corresponds to what months, you must search in the scripts that come with vanilla Essentials.

I believe that there was a thread where someone mentioned how to alter which months corresponded to what seasons and how to make them change on the solstices and equinoxes.

As for the change of seasons, by deffault they are like in the fifth-gen, where the season changes each month. If you go to Plugins/Lin's Weather System/04 - Overworld Season/01 - Main Code you will see comments with the default months that correspond to each season. They look like this one:
1704529459129.png

Panda Masala

Rookie
Is there a directory or something that lists the specific months that fall under each season? It's January here, which is typically considered WINTER, but after testing around, the plugin seems to be using the ZONE_WEATHER array for SPRING. (Using V20.1)
So, I think I figured it out.

In the base game's "Overworld_Time" script section, there's a chunk of code:
def pbGetSeason
return (pbGetTimeNow.mon-1)%4
end

Changed it to (Based on American? season months):
def pbGetSeason
return 0 if pbGetTimeNow.mon==3 || pbGetTimeNow.mon == 4 || pbGetTimeNow.mon == 5 # 0, which is Summer, is months 3, 4, and 5 (March, April, and May)
return 1 if pbGetTimeNow.mon==6 || pbGetTimeNow.mon == 7 || pbGetTimeNow.mon == 8 # 1, which is Spring, is months 6, 7, and 8 (June, July, and August)
return 2 if pbGetTimeNow.mon==9 || pbGetTimeNow.mon == 10 || pbGetTimeNow.mon == 11 # 2, which is Autumn/Fall, is months 9, 10, 11 (September, October, and November)
return 3 if pbGetTimeNow.mon==12 || pbGetTimeNow.mon == 1 || pbGetTimeNow.mon == 2 #3, which is Winter, is months 12, 1, and 2 (December, January, February).
end
(Alternatively, you could leave "return 3" as blank since it wouldn't meet the conditions of 0, 1, or 2 and therefore winter. I just keep mine defined for debugging purposes.)

(mgriffin from Pokecommunity made the template. https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/seasons.422389/)

LinKazamine

Champion
I knew there was a way, just didn't remember how it was done. Anyway, maybe I can add a comment in the configuration file saying which are the default months for each season. If enough people ask, I could see if I could overwrite this bit of code so people can easily define their months but as it is now, it doesn't seem that people care if their seasons last for one month.

LinKazamine

Champion
There hasn't been a bug I have to fix nor a feature that a good amount of people are asking to be added so no, I don't plan to update it yet.

That being said, what you are sharing is an error on Arky's part, where they thought this plugin had some code or dependency regarding their plugin, which wasn't the case. You can either go to the meta file of Arcky's plugin and change my plugin's version to 1.3.3 or change the meta file of my plugin to change the version to 1.3.4. I recommend you download the latest version of Arcky's plugin since it fixes a bug and this problem (among other things, I think).

Terra

Novice
hello! do you know how i'd add additional encounters for surfing, fishing, headbutt? i think it'd be fun if you could find different fish if it's raining and that kind of thing!

is it fine just tacking the weather type at the end? like OldRodRain?

LinKazamine

Champion
To add additional encounters you have to register them. As the code is right now, I think it will only work for cave and surfing, since those are the ones affected by the bit of code I added to make weather land encounters happen.

I have been looking at how to include fishing, headbutt and rock smash for an hour or so. If the test I do works well, I'll update the plugin with surf, fishing, headbutt and rock smash weather encounters already registered. You could register and use cave weather encounters but since weather usually doesn't happen in a cave, they will not be added by default in the plugin.

Terra

Novice
To add additional encounters you have to register them. As the code is right now, I think it will only work for cave and surfing, since those are the ones affected by the bit of code I added to make weather land encounters happen.

I have been looking at how to include fishing, headbutt and rock smash for an hour or so. If the test I do works well, I'll update the plugin with surf, fishing, headbutt and rock smash weather encounters already registered. You could register and use cave weather encounters but since weather usually doesn't happen in a cave, they will not be added by default in the plugin.
thank you so much!!! there will end up being a crazy amount of encounter types but i think itll add to the experience ^^

LinKazamine

Champion
I don't have this plugin installed so I haven't checked for compatibility in the game. But looking at the code, there seems to be nothing that is conflicting with mine. Have you started a new game after installing both plugins?

You could also try to force one of the plugins to load before the other by adding Optional = Lin's Weather System, 1.3.3 on the Overworld Weather Enhancements meta or by adding Optional = Overworld Weather Enhancements, 2.0 on the meta of this plugin. Make sure you only have one of the optional lines if you try it out.

LinKazamine

Champion
What? I don't understand what you are saying. Anyway, I'm going to explain season probability and the time before a weather change happens, since it seems to be what you are having trouble with?

You define the weather probabilities in ZONE_WEATHER_SUMMER, ZONE_WEATHER_AUTUMN, ZONE_WEATHER_WINTER and ZONE_WEATHER_SPRING, all of them by the end of the configuration file. If you don't want to use seasons, you can define the probabilities for one season and copy and paste it all for the other seasons.

With CHANGE_MIDNIGHT you define if you want the weather to change when the game's clock passes midnight or after a random number of hours between the values defined in CHANGE_TIME_MIN (minimum number of hours that has to pass before weather changes) and CHANGE_TIME_MAX (maximum number of hours that has to pass before weather changes).

Back