• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Berry Planting Improvements

Resource Berry Planting Improvements 1.8.5

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
wrigty12 updated Berry Planting Improvements with a new update entry:

Update 1.7 - The Watering Update (and more)

• Possibly Incompatibility: Had to overwrite the pbBerryPlant function, so any plugin that also changes that function may be incompatible.
  • ⭐New feature: Watering animation. You can now show character animations when watering berry plants. You must provide your own graphics (I suggest Ulithium_Dragon's https://eeveeexpo.com/resources/342/)
  • ⭐New feature: Watering can fill levels. Watering cans can now run out of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Something weird happen when load the save game, the sprite charset is blocked in the watering animation..
😅
I'm not sure what you mean. What do you mean by "blocked"?

I just tried saving and loading the game, including between watering plants, and I haven't seen any issues with the charset sprite.

Jedahjony

Novice
I'm not sure what you mean. What do you mean by "blocked"?

I just tried saving and loading the game, including between watering plants, and I haven't seen any issues with the charset sprite.
1701245083314.png

When load the save game and go to a map with Berry Plnts the charset change to watering, when go to another map withouth berrys the charset change to normal sprite but always animate even when not moving.

Edit:1

Fixed it! Just add the condition used_can != nil
1701249027765.png

The strange thing is why "water" is calling every time. I try to track the calls.. but it seems that the origin it'snt "berry_plant.water"

Edit:2
Ahahahah i know why XD! "water" is calling cause it is Raining!
That make sense XD!

Last edited:

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
View attachment 22953
When load the save game and go to a map with Berry Plnts the charset change to watering, when go to another map withouth berrys the charset change to normal sprite but always animate even when not moving.

Edit:1

Fixed it! Just add the condition used_can != nil
View attachment 22954
The strange thing is why "water" is calling every time. I try to track the calls.. but it seems that the origin it'snt "berry_plant.water"

Edit:2
Ahahahah i know why XD! "water" is calling cause it is Raining!
That make sense XD!
Awesome, thanks for finding that. I'll be including the fix in the next update!

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
wrigty12 updated Berry Planting Improvements with a new update entry:

Update 1.8 - More Watering Updates + Fixes

Change Log
  • ⭐New feature: Watering can traits. While there are several watering can options for the player in base essentials, they aren't really different from each other. Now, you can define traits that get applied to a berry plant when you water it at least once with a specific watering can. For instance, you could make the Sprayduck boost the final yield of the plant and the Sprinklotad lower the chance of weeds and pests interfering with the plant...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Getting this error. Might need an update for Arcky's Region Map v1.4.0. Love the plugin by the way makes berries more interesting.

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
084:BitmapSprite:8:in `initialize'
084:BitmapSprite:8:in `new'
084:BitmapSprite:8:in `initialize'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:1200:in `new'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:1200:in `addBerryIconSprites'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:1164:in `addFlyIconSprites'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:83:in `main'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:74:in `pbStartScene'
[Trainer Customizer EX] Player Sprite.rb:87:in `pbStartScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:1100:in `pbStartScreen'

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Getting this error. Might need an update for Arcky's Region Map v1.4.0. Love the plugin by the way makes berries more interesting.
It looks like Arcky made a typo fix, changing @mapHeigth to @mapHeight, which is the issue. In my plugin's 001_BerryPlantingImprovements file, on line 1200 ( @spritesMap["BerryIcons"] = BitmapSprite.new(@mapWidth, @mapHeigth, @viewportMap) can you change @mapHeigth to @mapHeight and see if that fixes it?

Jangajinx

It looks like Arcky made a typo fix, changing @mapHeigth to @mapHeight, which is the issue. In my plugin's 001_BerryPlantingImprovements file, on line 1200 ( @spritesMap["BerryIcons"] = BitmapSprite.new(@mapWidth, @mapHeigth, @viewportMap) can you change @mapHeigth to @mapHeight and see if that fixes it?
Fixed it, but now the berry map is not appearing.

1701578240281.png

Have both your plugin and roaming icon plugin which the newest version supports now.

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Fixed it, but now the berry map is not appearing.

View attachment 22993

Have both your plugin and roaming icon plugin which the newest version supports now.
Hey @Arcky , it looks like you are hard coding the berry and roaming plugin variables to be false instead of looking at if the plugins are installed (I'm guessing this was just missed cleanup from testing before you released 1.4).
v20
1701579490039.png

v21
1701579534596.png

@Jangajinx remove the "false #" from those lines so that those variables check for the plugins being installed, and it should fix it. The change would be in the 002_RegionMap_Main file of Arcky's Region Map

Arcky

Arcky's Region Map Developer
Hey @Arcky , it looks like you are hard coding the berry and roaming plugin variables to be false instead of looking at if the plugins are installed (I'm guessing this was just missed cleanup from testing before you released 1.4).
v20
View attachment 22994
v21
View attachment 22995

@Jangajinx remove the "false #" from those lines so that those variables check for the plugins being installed, and it should fix it. The change would be in the 002_RegionMap_Main file of Arcky's Region Map
It's not a mistake, I just disabled it completely for now

Arcky

Arcky's Region Map Developer
It's not a mistake, I just disabled it completely for now
I can turn support for berry map back on but for the roaming icons, it's not made compatible yet and I plan to do that in the future. Right now I'm working on v1.5 which includes a detailed location preview feature, for v1.6 I'll do the berry stuff and v1.7 the roaming encounters so you'll have to be patient for now. I'm only a human and I'm working on this plugin almost 3 hours a day. I can't overload myself as I have a full time job too :D

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I can turn support for berry map back on but for the roaming icons, it's not made compatible yet and I plan to do that in the future. Right now I'm working on v1.5 which includes a detailed location preview feature, for v1.6 I'll do the berry stuff and v1.7 the roaming encounters so you'll have to be patient for now. I'm only a human and I'm working on this plugin almost 3 hours a day. I can't overload myself as I have a full time job too :D
Totally get it, I do too xD

Jangajinx

I am sorry my friend no rush. I was under the impression it was already added. Much love to you both!

Jedahjony

Novice
Hi @wrigty12 for the compatibility with BerryPots it is necessary to add this in meta.txt.

Optional = BerryPots for Essentials,1.2

With this we ensure that PluginManager loads first BerryPots and the Patch overwrite the functions correctly.
😅

@Arcky i updated also your plugin, but I didn't realize BerryPlants was disabled, and I don't use the Roaming icons, could I activate the Berrys Plugin with this?
BERRYPLUGIN = PluginManager.installed?("TDW Berry Planting Improvements")

or is it better to downgrade to an older version?
While the new version comes out.

And I take this opportunity to thank you both for your work. I love these plugins!

Last edited:

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Hi @wrigty12 for the compatibility with BerryPots it is necessary to add this in meta.txt.

With this we ensure that PluginManager loads first BerryPots and the Patch overwrite the functions correctly.
😅

@Arcky i updated also your plugin, but I didn't realize BerryPlants was disabled, and I don't use the Roaming icons, could I activate the Berrys Plugin with this?

or is it better to downgrade to an older version?
While the new version comes out.

And I take this opportunity to thank you both for your work. I love these plugins!
:O I swore I put that compatibility check in the meta. I'll make sure it's there with a new update

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
I get this when trying to compile the plugin :/
1703556458428.png

Here's the line it's talking about:
1703556520117.png

1703557413062.png

1703557444923.png

Last edited:
Back