• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Improved Field Skills - Use HM's Without Knowing the Move! [v21.1]

Resource Improved Field Skills - Use HM's Without Knowing the Move! [v21.1] v1.0.1

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 submitted a new resource:

Improved Field Skills - Use HM's Without Knowing the Move! [v21.1] - Allows the use of HM's and other field moves without requiring a Pokemon to know the move!

Improved Field Skills for v21.1
A mod that allows for the use of HM's and other field moves without requiring a Pokemon to know the move.
Szje4Ge.gif
giphy.gif

Overview
This plugin aims to eliminate the need for requiring a Pokemon to...

Read more about this resource...

Lucidious89

Champion
Does this let Rock Climb work?
If you have code for Rock Climb installed, then sure. Any HM or field skill will technically work with this if you have them implemented.

Lucidious89

Champion

LinKazamine

Champion
Advanced Items Field Moves added rock climb (along with some other field moves) and there's a v21 in the discussion (the last post as of now). The plugin makes the field moves work with items by default but you can deactivate this feature if you want to.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Advanced Items Field Moves added rock climb (along with some other field moves) and there's a v21 in the discussion (the last post as of now). The plugin makes the field moves work with items by default but you can deactivate this feature if you want to.
But it seems that Rock Climb and Whirlpool can't work in this plugin due to the scripts.

LinKazamine

Champion
Well, I didn't test them in 21.1, I did so with their the 20.1 versions and they did work together for what I could tell. I should have said so, probably.

Lucidious89

Champion
But it seems that Rock Climb and Whirlpool can't work in this plugin due to the scripts.
Any field move will work with this, even made up ones that never existed in the actual games. As long as it has a field move handler, this plugin can be set up to detect and incorporate it.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Any field move will work with this, even made up ones that never existed in the actual games. As long as it has a field move handler, this plugin can be set up to detect and incorporate it.
I mean, move_speed_real= and pbJumpToward are not used in 21.1 and I can't find the way to fix them.

Lucidious89

Champion
I mean, move_speed_real= and pbJumpToward are not used in 21.1 and I can't find the way to fix them.
Well yes, obviously the script for the field move youre adding has to be coded for v21.1 for it to work for this. But that's outside the scope of this plugin, and should probably be asked in the thread about that specific field move.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Well yes, obviously the script for the field move youre adding has to be coded for v21.1 for it to work for this. But that's outside the scope of this plugin, and should probably be asked in the thread about that specific field move.
Sorry for disturbing you. I have asked that in that thread.

Lucidious89

Champion

sanderk35

Rookie
Does one of you guys know how to remove the replacement restriction on hm moves? Now it is not possible to overwrite a hm move.

Sonicover

Trainer
Could I ask for an option to also need to have the associated HM in your bag as well? So even if you get the badge you still access to the move prior

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Could I ask for an option to also need to have the associated HM in your bag as well? So even if you get the badge you still access to the move prior
I thought I can use scripts such as $bag.has?(:HM01) but that made codes too complicated. Maybe there is a better method.

Lucidious89

Champion
I thought I can use scripts such as $bag.has?(:HM01) but that made codes too complicated. Maybe there is a better method.
Yeah, you can just edit the individual HiddenMove handlers to require the respective items in your bag. The plugin doesnt necessarily need to be edited at all for that.

Back