• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Crimson & Cobalt (Act I)

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
pNIWKPm.gif

Journey through the region of Ibara, on your quest to become the strongest Trainer - Pokémon League Champion!
Along the way, meet new friends, battle new foes, raise the ultimate Pokémon team and... take down a secret cult?!

Crimson Society, the group that ravaged the region five years ago, seeks to make a comeback!
What could they want this time, and what does this bode? One thing's for sure...

It's time you get your revenge...

----- Screenshots -----
c7HGNTs.png

----- Starring -----
Protagonist (You):
A beginning Trainer, sullen but not silent. He has a fierce determination to achieve his goals!
Kane: Rival of the protagonist, an aloof and reserved older boy who is almost always one step ahead.
Valerie: The Champion of Ibara, her spirited and bubbly disposition never fails to light up any room she's in.
Gen: A member of the Elite Four, he is amiable and mild-tempered, often acting as a voice of reason.

C7mo9b4.png

----- Featuring -----
New adventures:
New stories, new characters, new battles, and a new region to visit!
Familiar faces: All Pokémon (bar Starters, UBs and Legendaries) from Gen1-7 are obtainable!
Challenging battles: Mid-battle shenanigans for Gym Leaders and important boss fights!
HM Modules: They allow Pokémon to use field moves without taking up a moveslot!
Fast Forward: Press the "Alt" key to zoom through the region at up to 3x the speed!
Unreal Time: One hour in real life = one day-night cycle in game! This affects wild encounters!
Crafting Recipes: Create special Poké Balls and stat-boosting Aprishakes from Apricorns!
Secret Hollows: Optional dungeons with quests, rare items, and exclusive Pokémon!
Triple Triad: The hottest card game sensation! Challenge duelists and win their cards!

CONTENT WARNING:
A dialogue-heavy game with lots of reading and multiple long cutscenes.
Some content may not be suitable for all audiences, including and not limited to:
profanities, black comedy, flashing lights, graphic depictions, dubious morals, and possibly heavy themes.
Player discretion is advised.

----- Download -----
Game (v1.6) | Game Guide

Act I: "A Thousand Crimson Blooms" Now Available!

~Around 15+ hours of content!
~4 (out of 8) Gyms and 3 (out of 7) Secret Hollows!
~Act II currently in development!

Game may crash unexpectedly. Save regularly to avoid losing data!

~Version 1.6 - Updated 29 October 2023
~Version 1.5 - Updated 11 October 2023
~Version 1.4 - Updated 6 October 2023
~Version 1.3 - Updated 2 October 2023
~Version 1.2 - Updated 30 September 2023
~Version 1.1 - Updated 15 September 2023
~Version 1.0 - Released 7 September 2023
----- Pokémon -----
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

----- Pokémon Essentials v18.1 -----
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby | Marin | Boushy | MiDas Mike
Brother1440 | Near Fantastica | FL | PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami | Popper | Rataime | help-14
IceGod64 | SoundSpawn | Jacob O. Wobbrock | the__end
KitsuneKouta | Venom12 | Lisa Anthony | Wachunga | Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

----- RPG Maker XP -----
Enterbrain

----- MKXP -----
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

----- Title Screen -----
Gundam Wing: Endless Duel
Font: Dark Seed by Chequered Ink
Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire
Game icon: Roselia (BanG Dream!)

----- Animations, Cries and SFX -----
hadecynn | James Yevon | KazoWAR | Lemon
Phasma | Random Talking Bush

----- Tilesets and Graphics -----
19dante91 | Akizakura16 | Alucus | Amras Anárion
AsdSimonE | Aten974 | aveontrainer | Barubary
BoOmxBiG | carchagui | ChaoticCherryCake | Chris M "Ranger"
CNickC | CrimsonTakai | Cuddlesthefatcat | DaNerdyDude
Dazz | Death Strike | ditto209 | DonLawride
Ekat | EpicDay | Erma96 | EVoLiNa
Flurmimon | Gaia Project | Gamezop10 | Gigatom
Heartlessdragoon | Hek-el-grande | Hydrargirium | iametrine
idilio | ItsHydro | Jack | Jackster
JesusCarrasco | J-Treecko252 | kaitoooo | KingTapir
KioRaka | Kizemaru-Kurunosuke | Kyle-Dove | LimeZu
marcosik1992 | Magiscarf | MewTheMega | Midnitez-REMIX
Minorthreat0987 | Neslug | Newtiteuf | NikNak93
norma_2d | Pablus94 | Pano26 | PixelMister
PeekyChew | Phyromatical | Poison-Master | Pokemon-Diamond
princess-phoenix | ProudToBeTasteless | PureAzuure | PurpleAladdin
Rayd12smitty | Reck | Sagaxxy | SailorVicious
Scarex | Seiyouh | Shutwig | Slaqueen
SL249 | Spaceemotion | Speedialga | SteinNaples
Sylver1984 | TeaAddiction | ThatsSoWitty | TheDeadHeroAlistair
The Libertine | The-Red-eX | Thurpok | TyranitarDark
UltimoSpriter | Vazquinho25 | Vicente Nitti | Vurtax
Wergan | WesleyFG | XDinky | Xenphoro
Xxdevil | Zein | Zeo254 | zetavares852

Cooking Mama: Let's Cook!
Meteos
Mother 3
Pokémon Café ReMix
Pokémon Shuffle
Pokémon Sword & Shield

Atomic Reactor and the Pokémon Infinity team (tiles, battle bases and panoramas)
Amethyst and the Pokémon Reborn team
Janichroma and the Pokémon Rejuvenation team

----- Battlers and Sprites -----
2and2makes5 | Appletun's Apples | Atomic Reactor | Chocosrawlooid
cSc-A7X | DarkusShadow | DiegoWT | Fernandojl |
Gallanty | Getsuei-H | Gizamimi-Pichu | help-14
kdiamo11 | Kid1513 | KingTapir | Kyle-Dove
Kyt666 | LarryTurbo | LilMicolash | LunarDusk
Maicerochico | Milomilotic11 | MissingLukey | Neo-Spriteman
piphybuilder88 | Pokegirl4ever | Poltergeist | princess-phoenix
PurpleZaffre | SageDeoxys | Silver-Skies | spritesstealer
Syledude | tammyclaydon | TintjeMadelintje101 | Tustin2121 |
TyranitarDark | VanillaSunshine | WolfPP | Zyon17

Relic Castle Staff
Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project

----- Resource Packs -----
Pokémon and the Last Wish Part II by:
ENLS | Voltseon | PurpleZaffre

Pokémon Battle Spotlight by:
HollowGap | RandoDev | TabletPillow

Pokémon Bushido by:
LuxDiablo | Thundaga | HauntedArtStudio | Tristantine The Great

Pokémon Nightshade by:
Ekat

Pokémon Parallax by:
LuxDiablo | AnonAlpaca | Maks | ToxicStall

Pokémon Shikari by:
MewTheMega | BrysoonYe | idilio | Riddle

Pokémon Syvin by:
Ekat | MewTheMega | Michael | Monika

Pokémon Tempo Rising by:
Akizakura16 | Dusky | Deo

The Last Nurse Joy by:
AnonAlpaca | TechSkylander | Monika | nomi

----- Music -----
MapleStory Music by:
Studio EIM | ASTERIA | M2U | Creed Sound
S.I.D-Sound | SQUARE MUSIQ | ESTIMATE | Initium SoundLab
CODASOUND (LedZeper, Lee Jun-Hee)
Moonsoo Park (LoudBell Studio)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle R OST by:
Anny-K | Ryosuke Terao | Erica Kiyosaki | Masaki Kuniwake
Masaki Hara | Chikayo Fukuda

Pokémon Diamond & Pearl, Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver
Super Music Collection by:
The Pokémon Company
Pikachu Records (Media Factory)

手心的蔷薇 (Beautiful) by:
JJ Lin feat. G.E.M.
Piano cover by Nice piano sheets

----- Scripts -----
"Always on bush" by:
KleinStudio

"Animated Title Screen" by:
Rayd12smitty

"Berry Trees" by:
Maurili

"Better Fast-forward Mode", "DP Pause Menu",
"Easy Questing System", "Enhanced Staircases",
"Marin's Footprints", "Marin's Map Exporter",
"Marin's Scripting Utilities" by:
Marin

"Big Push Events", "Pokemon Exploration",
"Torterra Tree Minigame" by:
Vendily

"B2W2 Bag" by:
LackDejurane | Erassus | StCooler | BadSamaritan
Maruno | Marin | Luka S.J.

"BW Save Screen"
HDrawer | shiney570

"BW 'Shout' Message Effect", "Step On Spot",
"Water Puddle Animations" by:
Boonzeet

"BW Storage System", "Pokédex BW Style",
"Gen V Summary Pack" by:
DeepBlue PacificWaves | NettoHikari | Xtreme1992 | Barubary
redblueyellow | Shashu-Greninja | Mr. Gela | Tommaniacal
Lucidious89 | Weibrot | Kobi2604 | Ploaj

"Check for Pokémon of a certain Type" by:
Defa

"Checking for shiny Pokemon" by:
Rot8er_ConeX

"Custom Gen 4 Day & Night Tones" by:
VanillaSunshine

"Diploma", "HMs as Items",
"Punch Bag Game", "Roulette mini-game",
"Triple Triad Booster Pack", "Unreal Time",
"Watch in the Pokégear Menu" by:
FL

"HGSS Trainer Card", "Message Portraits",
"Pokémon holding Mail", "Passwords" by:
Mr. Gela

"Hidden Ability by percentage" by:
Mashirosakura | Scyl | NettoHikari | Marin

"Item Crafter Scene"
kcgcrazy

"Lagless Path Finder" by:
Blizzard | khkramer

"Luka's Scripting Utilities"
Luka S.J.

"Mid Battle Dialogue/ Scripted Battles" by:
Golisopod User | Luka S.J.

"Name Windows" by:
mej71 | Vendily | Mr. Gela

"Overworld Shadows" by:
WolfPP | Marin

"Party Switcher" by:
Michael | TechSkylander1518 | Marcello | ZeroKid

"RGSS FmodEx extension" by:
Enterbrain | Nuri Yuri | GiraPrimal | Firelight Technologies

"Simple Encounter List Window" by:
raZ | Nuri Yuri | Vendily | Savordez | Marin

"Textbook Script" by:
TechSkylander1518

Voltseon and the Pokémon Splice team
Zerokid and the Pokémon Zero team

----- Additional Thanks -----
Audacity
Bulbapedia
Clip Studio Paint
donjon
KHInsider
Resource Hacker
Slip's Music Database
Smogon
The Spriter's Resource
Maybe this is my way of giving myself permission to exist.
Which is why, if you played it, and somehow enjoyed it in any way or form, you have my deepest and most sincerest gratitude. <33

Last edited:

bombaclatmaster

Rookie
I just finished act I and it's roughly around 9 and a half hours of gameplay. Took me 3 weeks to complete. It's a really good game so play it immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armin

☆★★☆
I just finished Act 1 and ahhhh I have so much to say. What a polished game! Brain dump incoming…

Honestly, I’m a little burnt out from playing 8-gym games, but this game had so much charm and fun additions that made the game refreshing and enjoyable to play. Neat little features like the encounter lists, berry trees, café grinding etc. spiced things up.

Also, major props for the game guide! It's very helpful and has a clean layout, too!

Battles & Balance
Overall, the battles were relatively easy. I was always significantly over-levelled (up to ~ ten levels), but the gym leaders were still challenging because of the mid-battle stat boosts. The 4th gym leader was really tough, but it wasn’t too bad!

Side Quests
A lot of excellent side content. The secret hollows were fun to explore, and they didn’t feel like side quests because they had their own fully fleshed-out storylines! The Jangmo-o story was so heartwarming, it's clear you put a lot of effort and love into these side stories!

The Aprishake quest was super wholesome, too. It's awesome to see the protagonist bond with his grandpa and new buddies.

Puzzles
I’m a sucker for creative gym puzzles, and you definitely delivered! My favourite one was probably the sodoku one or the ground one (I remember this minigame from Fairies!). The factory puzzle was also unique and very well-designed. The use of Minun and Plusle was a nice touch.

Triple Triad & Dojo
I LOVE Triple Triad!!! I could see my deck getting stronger and stronger as the game progressed, and the booster packs were fun to open, too. I can’t wait to reach 100 wins, haha.

I’m not as excited about the dojo fighting game, but it's cool to see you implement these Essentials minigames into the game!

Nitpicks
  • I would’ve preferred an Exp. All instead of six Exp. Shares. I somehow lost two of them (probably from trades or something), so I only have four now haha 😅.
  • The encounter rate felt a little high in most places. Whenever I ran out of repels, I had to go through many wild encounters. The speed-up helped, though, so it wasn’t too bad.
Such a beautiful game. I could not spot a single tile or graphic that felt out of place, honestly.

Tiles
You really fully utilized the Magiscarf tileset, didn't you? But there were also a lot of custom art and fogs, which made the game stand out more. I especially liked the tiles in the secret hollows.

Mapping
I had no issues with the maps. The routes felt so natural, complex and were fun to explore, and the towns/cities had good structure. Grimmetts was a standout for me. It was so busy and bustling it really felt like a city, and it almost gave me Castelia City vibes (I sorta got lost at times haha).

Characters
All of the character art were done well. However, the main thing I wanted to point out is the animations! Those hugging animations, poking animations (with the cute little sfx)… and, of course, Kane’s epic Bryen-style hat throw! That was so epic!
I hate that you added so much Maplestory music because I adore that soundtrack, and I couldn’t stop thinking about that game. Jokes aside, the tracks you selected fit the game well, especially the town themes! Also, I liked how you added sound effects to so many things. Good attention to detail!
The story and characters were probably the best part of the game! Although the dialogue felt a little lengthy at times, I thoroughly enjoyed the writing style.

Protagonist
Hell yeah, the typical edgy dude. It was cool to see the character develop and warm up to his new friends as the game unfolded. I particularly enjoyed learning about his backstory (which also somewhat explains his edgy personality), and I’m interested to know more. The use of flashbacks helped me understand what he was going through.

The camping section of the game was hilarious. His Volbeat outfit was perfect! I think he would be very popular in the Fairies world. 😆

Kane
I love the “rivalry” between Kane and the protagonist. It’s sorta funny how instead of facing an edgy rival like a typical Pokemon game, you're essentially playing as one!

My favourite scene was when the player “materialized” out of nowhere on top of Kane, plus Kane’s little poking to see if he was okay.

And again, I’m glad Kane got to use his hat in such a cool way in the end.

Gen
Gen had an interesting backstory, but I don’t know much about him, to be honest. But I liked his chemistry with Valerie and how they cheered for the protagonist before each gym battle.

Valerie
Soda pop! 😊

Loved her cute and bubbly personality. It’s very rare to see the protagonist travel with the champion. I’m interested to know more about her involvement in the main story.

I thought that Valerie could potentially be the Scarlet Rose... But after finishing the demo, prooooobably not? The title art made me think about this… it’s a little suspicious, haha.

Crimson Society

I very much like their designs, and I'm eager to dive deeper into their true motives. The protagonist's history with the Crimson Society added a layer to the plot, and with Valerie playing a big role in the story, I wonder what's going to happen next?...

NPC/Trainer Dialogue
There’s one thing I hate most about making fangames, writing NPC and trainer text…

You somehow made each and every NPC come to life with such engaging dialogue! One particular NPC interaction that stuck out to me was the protagonist helping the old man fix his camera so he could video call.

Cutscenes
All of the cutscenes felt so alive because of the emotes, jumping, animations and player turning!

The Grimmetts City dance was the greatest thing I’ve ever witnessed. It was so well choreographed, but I felt so bad for you because I couldn't imagine how much time and patience that whole sequence took…

Other small things I liked
  • When you interact with a Pokemon, their text matches their cry phonetically.
  • Ferris wheel cutscene
  • Those ridiculous prices displayed when choosing the food at the restaurant lol
  • Maid cafes
  • Inkay waiters
  • Forretress bombs (that was wild).
I ran into a few crashes (with no error messages) in the early game, but everything ran much more smoothly after switching to the MKXP version!

Other than that, and the one minor soft lock I encountered, I found no other bugs, crashes or tile errors! Good job!
Here's my final team. I also had a Mimikyu (who helped me beat the 4th gym), Lycanroc (Courage), Axew (Sawtooth), a Mankey and the egg.

View attachment 21964

Big congrats for finishing Act 1! I had a blast playing this game and experiencing the incredible story and character arcs. I’m looking forward to Act 2, even if I have to wait another four years! Take your time! 😀

Btw, I hope this isn't the only thing giving you permission to exist!
Ahhhhh thank you so much Kenny for the review!!! <33333 Thank you for playing and noticing all those little details! I still can't believe you actually took the time to do all the side content and even liked them, I'm so, so happy and touched T___T

• The game guide was inspired by what NikDie did for Pokémon Eon Guardians, got him to thank!
  • The game is balanced around the premise that the player does not use the Exp. Share (unless for grinding low-levelled Pokémon) so if your team is holding the Exp. Share they will inadvertently be over-levelled. Please take them off if you start to find battles too easy! >__< My rationale for six Exp. Shares is so that there's more flexibility in deciding who gets extra Exp and who doesn't, but that's probably my questionable decision-making process in play haha
  • I adore the Maplestory soundtrack too (if it isn't already obvious haha)! To the point where I can't imagine my game having another soundtrack so I'm afraid they're going to stay >< please don't sue me maple
  • Honestly, overworld sprite animations is the one thing I like to do the least, so knowing that you appreciated them made it all worth it <33 But I'm proud of them, and I loved Kane's hat scene turned out! I'm glad that it's so cool that you had to mention it twice haha
  • I totally get you when it comes to Gen! He doesn't get much to shine in this act, but he'll be more prominent in the later parts of the game! The title art is meant to convey the first two acts (motifs?) of the game, A Thousand Crimson Blooms & A Myriad Cobalt Skies, and Valerie is there because she's the heroine and I love drawing her. It's not meant to raise any suspicion whatsoever haha... but I wouldn't say it has zero meaning. Whether she is Scarlet Rose or not is a spoiler though, so I won't reveal it unless you want me to ^^
  • The dance showcase scene took about a week or so to complete, I think? To me, it's a self-indulgent thing (among countless self-indulgent things ><) that I want to include in the game simply because I happen to like this sort of thing (I used to have fun "choreographing dances" for my dolls when I was little ^^), and I actually felt bad for the players when I was making it, who have to sit through about 50 seconds to 2.5 minutes of nothing but sprites jumping and spinning around. So I'm really grateful that you enjoyed watching it! <33 It wasn't that bad to make once I got into the "zone" of eventing, though it was still a pain to get a lot of the timing right! I must have watched and rewatched the scene a billion times T__T
  • For you to say that my stuff is "wholesome" and "heartwarming" truly means a lot to me. I remembered playing Littleroot Researchers and A Farfetch'd Story and being really impressed by your ability to convey a wholesomeness that is so uplifting and genuine and unforced, the kind where you can't help but smile when you play those games (I think it's one of your strengths when it comes to the stories you tell!) and makes me wonder if I'm capable of doing the same as well. I'll take your kind words as a sign that I'm doing something right hehe ^^

Once again, thank you so very much for playing! ^^ And I'd advise you not to hype yourself up too much for this hahaha

Armin

☆★★☆
For hawlucha i dont think attack stat was the problem, the thing was too fast, i remember paralyzing it and still it out speeding my magneton.

Also I'm curious about the ai in gym battles, they don't seem to be consistent or smart even, i remember sometimes my boldore was able to defeat Jian's monferno because it kept using random moves which felt kind of odd since boldore normally gets 2 shot with 2 mach munches so the ai going out of its way to choose random moves felt kind of unnatural for a gym battle
The theme of the Gym is "Master of light-speed fists", so Hawlucha is meant to be fast. I nerfed its attack so that the consequence of its speed is less of an issue. It's probably not the best decision objectively, but I hope it made the battle more manageable. As superduple explained in the post below yours, the AI does get pretty wonky at times haha (but at the same time, I don't have any plans for an overhaul or anything; it's way above my ability)

just finished act I and it's roughly 9 and a half hours of gameplay. took me 3 weeks to complete act I. Also, it's amazing no lie
Thank you so much for playing until the end! ^__^

All-Star1893

Novice
I just beat the first Act now it said i unlock the second act so i'm doing the dojo to get the tyronge wish me luck.

superduple

Rookie
Hate to add to the pile of technical questions, but I'm getting this error message on startup. I tried renaming the backup .exe and using that instead, but nothing happened. :/ Hopefully it's just user error on my part lol

1697354069122.png

Armin

☆★★☆
So how do i get to route 9 do i need Strength.
The game currently goes up to Act I! Route 9 is only available in Act II, so you can't access it yet.

Hate to add to the pile of technical questions, but I'm getting this error message on startup. I tried renaming the backup .exe and using that instead, but nothing happened. :/ Hopefully it's just user error on my part lol

View attachment 21989
Quoting my previous reply to someone with the same issue:
Perhaps you can download the Animations.rxdata attached to this message and replace the one in the Data folder? If it still doesn't work, maybe you can try re-downloading the entire .rar file from the MEGA or Google Drive site and try extracting the game folder again.
Hope it works for you!

Attachments

Petros

Rookie
Παιδιά δε μου το ανοίγει το παιχνίδι και πιο συγκεκριμένα μου βγάζει αυτό:
Script 'MKXP Compatibility' line 37: Εrrno: ΕΝΝΟΕΝΤ occured.

No such file or directory - Data/Animations.rxdata

Τι πρέπει να κάνω;

Trixx

Rookie
I had a great time playing this game. It also gave me the chance to use Pokemon that i usually don't use
✨araquanid my beloved✨
at first i was not too fond of the mc, but as i played on i became very fond of them.
i loved the other characters as well
Valarie's bubbly character was a nice contrast to the mc's edgy one
kane was great, his interactions with mc was so good
gen is probably my favorite character
the region felt so alive with the unique interactions with both npcs and pokemon alike, the connections btwn the main cast is also great.
i just loved it!!

Last edited:

DoctorKelsie

Rookie
Just finished playing and it's a lot of fun! It has a lot of personality and character, making this a very unique experience. I was a bit alarmed at first when I saw that the protagonist wasn't silent (a lot of fangames don't handle it well), but I like the direction this is taking!

The route designs and general environments are very pretty, and I really like how big and alive the towns feel so far!
The story flows nicely, with an event in each area and learning a little something about the protag and the team along the way. The banter, although cheesy, is fun and gives it a jrpg vibe that i'm really into. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!
Small touches like the minigames and puzzles, as well as rewards for filling the Pokedex also add to the game's charm.
I do think the opponent trainers' levels after the 2nd gym could use a bump in their levels - i started to outlevel them pretty quickly and was comfortably 10 levels ahead during the climb up the mountain.

I will eagerly wait for the next release!

Armin

☆★★☆

Τι πρέπει να κάνω;
Please refer to the post above yours for a possible solution!

I had a great time playing this game. It also gave me the chance to use Pokemon that i usually don't use
✨araquanid my beloved✨
at first i was not too fond of the mc, but as i played on i became very fond of them.
i loved the other characters as well
Valarie's bubbly character was a nice contrast to the mc's edgy one
kane was great, his interactions with mc was so good
gen is probably my favorite character
the region felt so alive with the unique interactions with both npcs and pokemon alike, the connections btwn the main cast is also great.
i just loved it!!
Thank you so much for playing <333 those characters are like my babies at this point, and those interactions are the most fun to write for me, so knowing that you love them as much as you did makes me so happy you can't believe ^^

Just finished playing and it's a lot of fun! It has a lot of personality and character, making this a very unique experience. I was a bit alarmed at first when I saw that the protagonist wasn't silent (a lot of fangames don't handle it well), but I like the direction this is taking!

The route designs and general environments are very pretty, and I really like how big and alive the towns feel so far!
The story flows nicely, with an event in each area and learning a little something about the protag and the team along the way. The banter, although cheesy, is fun and gives it a jrpg vibe that i'm really into. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!
Small touches like the minigames and puzzles, as well as rewards for filling the Pokedex also add to the game's charm.
I do think the opponent trainers' levels after the 2nd gym could use a bump in their levels - i started to outlevel them pretty quickly and was comfortably 10 levels ahead during the climb up the mountain.

I will eagerly wait for the next release!
Thank you so much for playing <333 and for taking the time to share with me your thoughts! ^^ I presume your party members are holding the Exp. Share? The game is balanced around the premise that the player does not use the Exp. Share (unless for grinding low-levelled Pokémon), so please take them off if you start to find battles too easy! Still, I'm so happy you enjoyed playing the game despite its kinks here and there! ^^

Last edited:

Nick Blaze

Novice

Τι πρέπει να κάνω;
Πρωτον Πετρο μιλα στα αγγλικα εδω μεσα σπανεια θα βρεις καποιον που να μιλαει ελληνικα, δευτερον και εγω εχω το ιδιο θεμα και απ οτι φαινεται δεν υπαρχει λυση στο προβλημα μας, με λιγα λογια ξεχασε αυτο το παιχνιδι

Armin

☆★★☆
The game has been updated to Version 1.6 (Google Drive Mirror), with the following changes:
  • Fixed a Punch Bag related bug
  • Fixed a minor typographical error
  • Edited a Hermosa Temple flashback picture
  • Reduced Gym 1 Exp. Share reward from 6 to 3
This is probably (hopefully!) the last update for Act I. Act II will be released when it's ready. Until next time!

Lucifer

Fallen1
I've just started this game and thus far it is pretty sick.

I dig that the Player character has unique layers. He is a straightforward edgelord but still has a soft side and cares about others even if a knife to his throat probably wouldn't get him to admit it.

Is it just me or is there something going on between the Player and Kane right from the first interaction? I feel like Kane is into us and I am here for it even if he is a cheater (level 10 bulbasaur with Magical Leaf and Sludge Bomb and level 10 Zubat with Air Cutter).

UPDATE 11/21/2023:
I have my first critique. I feel there is a bit of a level imbalance.

Due to having to grind to level 10 for Kane, I out leveled the rest of the first badge arc quite heavily and then the first gym shooting up to level 14 with the wild encounter maximum being level 7 created some obnoxious grinding.

I'll round this out with a couple more positives;
1. Sandygast which is normally a crap Pokemon (Imo) actually shined in the first gym as she could only tickle it.

2. I have never been into Triple Triad but making it a rewarding quest gives it actual appeal on top of being unique.

Last edited:

Armin

☆★★☆
I've just started this game and thus far it is pretty sick.

I dig that the Player character has unique layers. He is a straightforward edgelord but still has a soft side and cares about others even if a knife to his throat probably wouldn't get him to admit it.

Is it just me or is there something going on between the Player and Kane right from the first interaction? I feel like Kane is into us and I am here for it even if he is a cheater (level 10 bulbasaur with Magical Leaf and Sludge Bomb and level 10 Zubat with Air Cutter).

UPDATE 11/21/2023:
I have my first critique. I feel there is a bit of a level imbalance.

Due to having to grind to level 10 for Kane, I out leveled the rest of the first badge arc quite heavily and then the first gym shooting up to level 14 with the wild encounter maximum being level 7 created some obnoxious grinding.

I'll round this out with a couple more positives;
1. Sandygast which is normally a crap Pokemon (Imo) actually shined in the first gym as she could only tickle it.

2. I have never been into Triple Triad but making it a rewarding quest gives it actual appeal on top of being unique.

Hi! Thanks so much for playing! <33 Your interpretations of the characters so far are on the money, pretty much how I wanted them to come across, which made me really happy to read your comment. ^^ No, it's not just your imagination haha. Kane's feelings for the protagonist are meant to be portrayed in a more subtle way in the early stages of the game (he hides them as best as he could!), but they are definitely there from the beginning - and you're an astute one, for noticing! ^^

The game is meant to be played through without grinding and the first rival battle is meant to be lost, with your starter at Lv 5-6 (hence the cheat Lv 10 Bulbasaur with Magical Leaf and Sludge). By the end of the first badge arc, if you've defeated every trainer, your teammates should be around the level of the first gym leader, such that she'll be a challenge without being unbeatable. Of course, that's just in theory, and how the players end up playing the game will always be vastly different from what I envisioned - but I cannot cater to every single scenario and playstyle - so some players are probably going to have a harder time than others. Apologies for that... but if anything, there'll be a specialized Audino grinding trainer to look forward to when you get to the 3rd gym's city.

Once again, thank you so much for trying the game out!

Lucifer

Fallen1
The game is meant to be played through without grinding and the first rival battle is meant to be lost, with your starter at Lv 5-6 (hence the cheat Lv 10 Bulbasaur with Magical Leaf and Sludge).
Whoops. My bad.
I prefer not to accept a loss in an optional battle if winning is possible but rest assured that grinding has NOT made Kane or the gym battles easier.

AkaCornelious

Novice
CCtitle.gif

Journey through the region of Ibara, on your quest to become the strongest Trainer - Pokémon League Champion!
Along the way, meet new friends, battle new foes, raise the ultimate Pokémon team and... take down a secret cult?!

Crimson Society, the group that ravaged the region five years ago, seeks to make a comeback!
What could they want this time, and what does this bode? One thing's for sure...

It's time you get your revenge...

----- Screenshots -----
CCPreview.png

----- Starring -----
Protagonist (You):
A beginning Trainer, sullen but not silent. He has a fierce determination to achieve his goals!
Kane: Rival of the protagonist, an aloof and reserved older boy who is almost always one step ahead.
Valerie: The Champion of Ibara, her spirited and bubbly disposition never fails to light up any room she's in.
Gen: A member of the Elite Four, he is amiable and mild-tempered, often acting as a voice of reason.

Chibi_big.png

----- Featuring -----
New adventures:
New stories, new characters, new battles, and a new region to visit!
Familiar faces: All Pokémon (bar Starters, UBs and Legendaries) from Gen1-7 are obtainable!
Challenging battles: Mid-battle shenanigans for Gym Leaders and important boss fights!
HM Modules: They allow Pokémon to use field moves without taking up a moveslot!
Fast Forward: Press the "Alt" key to zoom through the region at up to 3x the speed!
Unreal Time: One hour in real life = one day-night cycle in game! This affects wild encounters!
Crafting Recipes: Create special Poké Balls and stat-boosting Aprishakes from Apricorns!
Secret Hollows: Optional dungeons with quests, rare items, and exclusive Pokémon!
Triple Triad: The hottest card game sensation! Challenge duelists and win their cards!

CONTENT WARNING:
A dialogue-heavy game with lots of reading and multiple long cutscenes.
Some content may not be suitable for all audiences, including and not limited to:
profanities, black comedy, flashing lights, graphic depictions, dubious morals, and possibly heavy themes.
Player discretion is advised.

----- Download -----
Game (v1.6) | Game Guide

Act I: "A Thousand Crimson Blooms" Now Available!
~Around 15+ hours of content!
~4 (out of 8) Gyms and 3 (out of 7) Secret Hollows!
~Act II currently in development!

Game may crash unexpectedly. Save regularly to avoid losing data!

----- Pokémon -----
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

----- Pokémon Essentials v18.1 -----
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby | Marin | Boushy | MiDas Mike
Brother1440 | Near Fantastica | FL | PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami | Popper | Rataime | help-14
IceGod64 | SoundSpawn | Jacob O. Wobbrock | the__end
KitsuneKouta | Venom12 | Lisa Anthony | Wachunga | Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

----- RPG Maker XP -----
Enterbrain

----- MKXP -----
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

----- Title Screen -----
Gundam Wing: Endless Duel
Font: Dark Seed by Chequered Ink
Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire
Game icon: Roselia (BanG Dream!)

----- Animations, Cries and SFX -----
hadecynn | James Yevon | KazoWAR | Lemon
Phasma | Random Talking Bush

----- Tilesets and Graphics -----
19dante91 | Akizakura16 | Alucus | Amras Anárion
AsdSimonE | Aten974 | aveontrainer | Barubary
BoOmxBiG | carchagui | ChaoticCherryCake | Chris M "Ranger"
CNickC | CrimsonTakai | Cuddlesthefatcat | DaNerdyDude
Dazz | Death Strike | ditto209 | DonLawride
Ekat | EpicDay | Erma96 | EVoLiNa
Flurmimon | Gaia Project | Gamezop10 | Gigatom
Heartlessdragoon | Hek-el-grande | Hydrargirium | iametrine
idilio | ItsHydro | Jack | Jackster
JesusCarrasco | J-Treecko252 | kaitoooo | KingTapir
KioRaka | Kizemaru-Kurunosuke | Kyle-Dove | LimeZu
marcosik1992 | Magiscarf | MewTheMega | Midnitez-REMIX
Minorthreat0987 | Neslug | Newtiteuf | NikNak93
norma_2d | Pablus94 | Pano26 | PixelMister
PeekyChew | Phyromatical | Poison-Master | Pokemon-Diamond
princess-phoenix | ProudToBeTasteless | PureAzuure | PurpleAladdin
Rayd12smitty | Reck | Sagaxxy | SailorVicious
Scarex | Seiyouh | Shutwig | Slaqueen
SL249 | Spaceemotion | Speedialga | SteinNaples
Sylver1984 | TeaAddiction | ThatsSoWitty | TheDeadHeroAlistair
The Libertine | The-Red-eX | Thurpok | TyranitarDark
UltimoSpriter | Vazquinho25 | Vicente Nitti | Vurtax
Wergan | WesleyFG | XDinky | Xenphoro
Xxdevil | Zein | Zeo254 | zetavares852

Cooking Mama: Let's Cook!
Meteos
Mother 3
Pokémon Café ReMix
Pokémon Shuffle
Pokémon Sword & Shield

Atomic Reactor and the Pokémon Infinity team (tiles, battle bases and panoramas)
Amethyst and the Pokémon Reborn team
Janichroma and the Pokémon Rejuvenation team

----- Battlers and Sprites -----
2and2makes5 | Appletun's Apples | Atomic Reactor | Chocosrawlooid
cSc-A7X | DarkusShadow | DiegoWT | Fernandojl |
Gallanty | Getsuei-H | Gizamimi-Pichu | help-14
kdiamo11 | Kid1513 | KingTapir | Kyle-Dove
Kyt666 | LarryTurbo | LilMicolash | LunarDusk
Maicerochico | Milomilotic11 | MissingLukey | Neo-Spriteman
piphybuilder88 | Pokegirl4ever | Poltergeist | princess-phoenix
PurpleZaffre | SageDeoxys | Silver-Skies | spritesstealer
Syledude | tammyclaydon | TintjeMadelintje101 | Tustin2121 |
TyranitarDark | VanillaSunshine | WolfPP | Zyon17

Relic Castle Staff
Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project

----- Resource Packs -----
Pokémon and the Last Wish Part II by:
ENLS | Voltseon | PurpleZaffre

Pokémon Battle Spotlight by:
HollowGap | RandoDev | TabletPillow

Pokémon Bushido by:
LuxDiablo | Thundaga | HauntedArtStudio | Tristantine The Great

Pokémon Nightshade by:
Ekat

Pokémon Parallax by:
LuxDiablo | AnonAlpaca | Maks | ToxicStall

Pokémon Shikari by:
MewTheMega | BrysoonYe | idilio | Riddle

Pokémon Syvin by:
Ekat | MewTheMega | Michael | Monika

Pokémon Tempo Rising by:
Akizakura16 | Dusky | Deo

The Last Nurse Joy by:
AnonAlpaca | TechSkylander | Monika | nomi

----- Music -----
MapleStory Music by:
Studio EIM | ASTERIA | M2U | Creed Sound
S.I.D-Sound | SQUARE MUSIQ | ESTIMATE | Initium SoundLab
CODASOUND (LedZeper, Lee Jun-Hee)
Moonsoo Park (LoudBell Studio)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle R OST by:
Anny-K | Ryosuke Terao | Erica Kiyosaki | Masaki Kuniwake
Masaki Hara | Chikayo Fukuda

Pokémon Diamond & Pearl, Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver
Super Music Collection by:
The Pokémon Company
Pikachu Records (Media Factory)

手心的蔷薇 (Beautiful) by:
JJ Lin feat. G.E.M.
Piano cover by Nice piano sheets

----- Scripts -----
"Always on bush" by:
KleinStudio

"Animated Title Screen" by:
Rayd12smitty

"Berry Trees" by:
Maurili

"Better Fast-forward Mode", "DP Pause Menu",
"Easy Questing System", "Enhanced Staircases",
"Marin's Footprints", "Marin's Map Exporter",
"Marin's Scripting Utilities" by:
Marin

"Big Push Events", "Pokemon Exploration",
"Torterra Tree Minigame" by:
Vendily

"B2W2 Bag" by:
LackDejurane | Erassus | StCooler | BadSamaritan
Maruno | Marin | Luka S.J.

"BW Save Screen"
HDrawer | shiney570

"BW 'Shout' Message Effect", "Step On Spot",
"Water Puddle Animations" by:
Boonzeet

"BW Storage System", "Pokédex BW Style",
"Gen V Summary Pack" by:
DeepBlue PacificWaves | NettoHikari | Xtreme1992 | Barubary
redblueyellow | Shashu-Greninja | Mr. Gela | Tommaniacal
Lucidious89 | Weibrot | Kobi2604 | Ploaj

"Check for Pokémon of a certain Type" by:
Defa

"Checking for shiny Pokemon" by:
Rot8er_ConeX

"Custom Gen 4 Day & Night Tones" by:
VanillaSunshine

"Diploma", "HMs as Items",
"Punch Bag Game", "Roulette mini-game",
"Triple Triad Booster Pack", "Unreal Time",
"Watch in the Pokégear Menu" by:
FL

"HGSS Trainer Card", "Message Portraits",
"Pokémon holding Mail", "Passwords" by:
Mr. Gela

"Hidden Ability by percentage" by:
Mashirosakura | Scyl | NettoHikari | Marin

"Item Crafter Scene"
kcgcrazy

"Lagless Path Finder" by:
Blizzard | khkramer

"Luka's Scripting Utilities"
Luka S.J.

"Mid Battle Dialogue/ Scripted Battles" by:
Golisopod User | Luka S.J.

"Name Windows" by:
mej71 | Vendily | Mr. Gela

"Overworld Shadows" by:
WolfPP | Marin

"Party Switcher" by:
Michael | TechSkylander1518 | Marcello | ZeroKid

"RGSS FmodEx extension" by:
Enterbrain | Nuri Yuri | GiraPrimal | Firelight Technologies

"Simple Encounter List Window" by:
raZ | Nuri Yuri | Vendily | Savordez | Marin

"Textbook Script" by:
TechSkylander1518

Voltseon and the Pokémon Splice team
Zerokid and the Pokémon Zero team

----- Additional Thanks -----
Audacity
Bulbapedia
Clip Studio Paint
donjon
KHInsider
Resource Hacker
Slip's Music Database
Smogon
The Spriter's Resource
Maybe this is my way of giving myself permission to exist.
Which is why, if you played it, and somehow enjoyed it in any way or form, you have my deepest and most sincerest gratitude. <33
Hello lwould it be OK to play this on my youtube channel??

Blippity

Rookie
Just finished playing, and I have to say that the grandpa is my favorite <3 I really love his interactions with the protagonist and the gang later, always happy to go back to the house and see him. The interaction in the group were also nice too, their dynamic wasn't that forced, and it really made me wanna explore areas to see what everyone would say.

There was an issue I faced tho, when I did the "When Trucks Can't Moove" quest before entering The Daily Grind to complete it, it messed up. Basically, I did the quest but have no access to the important NPC. (I also crashed talking to the Juggler NPC that tells you about the tutor moves, but it only happened once tho)

Besides that, had a lot of fun! I really wanna see where the story goes in this one, might even replay it later :]

Back