• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Delta Speed Up

Resource Delta Speed Up 1.2

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but if you try to enable or disable speed up as dialogue starts or stops. (Sometimes even mid-way through.) The game will just freeze. Also I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but you're unable to enable speed up if you've already started a battle. I double-checked with a fresh version of v21.1 essentials, and the outcome was the same.
It can't speed stuff up if an action is already playing, which is probably what's happening here. I know that you have to wait to get to the command menu in a fight to activate it, for example.

Atlat

Novice
It seems like speed-up works while in the middle of a move route, and that causes weird stuff to happen. Also, using speed up on certain load events (such as during the fade-in on the title screen) causes the game to freeze.

dpertierra

Novice
It can't speed stuff up if an action is already playing, which is probably what's happening here. I know that you have to wait to get to the command menu in a fight to activate it, for example.
I'm having the same issue if I change the speed during an event for example the Hall of Fame display the game freezes until I go back to the speed it was before, is there any way to fix this?

Skyflyer

Seeking for knowledge
Im having the same issue, if you select the highest speed, the game runs correctly, but if you turn it back to normal speed, autoruns and parallel processes get frozen. They just get running again if you change the speed black to the third one.

Manurocker95

Predoctoral Researcher & Game Dev
Im having the same issue, if you select the highest speed, the game runs correctly, but if you turn it back to normal speed, autoruns and parallel processes get frozen. They just get running again if you change the speed black to the third one.
This is because it needs some tweaks, here is what I added to fix that:

Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
 $RefreshEventsForTurbo = false

#code above
module Input
  def self.update
    update_KGC_ScreenCapture
    pbScreenCapture if trigger?(Input::F8)
    if $CanToggle && trigger?(Input::AUX1)
      $GameSpeed += 1
      $GameSpeed = 0 if $GameSpeed >= SPEEDUP_STAGES.size
      $PokemonSystem.battle_speed = $GameSpeed if $PokemonSystem && $PokemonSystem.only_speedup_battles == 1
      $RefreshEventsForTurbo  = true
    end
  end
end

#code above
class Game_Event < Game_Character
def pbGetInterpreter
  return @interpreter
end
def pbResetInterpreterWaitCount
  @interpreter.pbRefreshWaitCount if @interpreter
end
def IsParallel
  return @trigger == 4
end
end
class Interpreter
  def pbRefreshWaitCount
    @wait_count = 0
    @wait_start = System.uptime
  end
end
class Window_AdvancedTextPokemon < SpriteWindow_Base
  def pbResetWaitCounter
    @wait_timer_start = nil
    @waitcount = 0
    @display_last_updated = nil
  end
end
$CurrentMsgWindow = nil;
def pbMessage(message, commands = nil, cmdIfCancel = 0, skin = nil, defaultCmd = 0, &block)
  ret = 0
  msgwindow = pbCreateMessageWindow(nil, skin)
  $CurrentMsgWindow = msgwindow
  if commands
    ret = pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow, message, true,
                           proc { |msgwndw|
                             next Kernel.pbShowCommands(msgwndw, commands, cmdIfCancel, defaultCmd, &block)
                           }, &block)
  else
    pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow, message, &block)
  end
  pbDisposeMessageWindow(msgwindow)
  $CurrentMsgWindow = nil
  Input.update
  return ret
end

class Game_Map
  alias_method :original_update, :update unless method_defined?(:original_update)

def update
    if $RefreshEventsForTurbo
      #echoln "UNSCALED #{System.unscaled_uptime} * #{SPEEDUP_STAGES[$GameSpeed]} - #{$GameSpeed}"
      if $game_map&.events
        $game_map.events.each_value { |event| event.pbResetInterpreterWaitCount }
      end

@scroll_timer_start = System.uptime/SPEEDUP_STAGES[SPEEDUP_STAGES.size-1] if (@scroll_distance_x || 0) != 0 || (@scroll_distance_y || 0) != 0

$CurrentMsgWindow.pbResetWaitCounter if $game_temp.message_window_showing && $CurrentMsgWindow

$RefreshEventsForTurbo = false
    end

#... rest of the method

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod

SkyHarvester

Rookie
Hey! Great plugin. However, when there's a parallel event running on the map and you switch game speed, the game crashes.
I'm guessing it's the fog overlay event.

edit: Sorry, there are 2 folders in the download. Which confused me:
The correct script is in the folder that is NOT in the plugins folder in the zip file.

Furthermore, it seems like I can only get it to work the first time if I change some values in Options.
After this the speed up button works.

Last edited:

Jonathankiwi

Rookie
I'm sorry but I keep seeing problems with route events (pokemons walking, animated streetlights and people jumping) when changing speed they freeze. just like the images.
(already downloaded the updated version)

It would be very helpful if you could tell me what to do to solve the error. thank you :).

Mashirosakura

Discord Mod
Hey! Great plugin. However, when there's a parallel event running on the map and you switch game speed, the game crashes.
I'm guessing it's the fog overlay event.

edit: Sorry, there are 2 folders in the download. Which confused me:
The correct script is in the folder that is NOT in the plugins folder in the zip file.

Furthermore, it seems like I can only get it to work the first time if I change some values in Options.
After this the speed up button works.

I'm sorry but I keep seeing problems with route events (pokemons walking, animated streetlights and people jumping) when changing speed they freeze. just like the images.
(already downloaded the updated version)

It would be very helpful if you could tell me what to do to solve the error. thank you :).
Unfortunately this is an ongoing issue which I do not have the technical knowhow to fix (dw I'm as frustrated as you guys are). I have updated the dl link with the proper version of the fix (the one in the plugins folder) but there are still a few underlying issues.

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Unfortunately this is an ongoing issue which I do not have the technical knowhow to fix (dw I'm as frustrated as you guys are). I have updated the dl link with the proper version of the fix (the one in the plugins folder) but there are still a few underlying issues.
By the way, given this issue could you make an in-battle only version? I know this can be toggled within the script already, however for some reason I keep getting issues with it (seems like the game is expecting to read it as a setting from the savefile? crashing before each battle). Maybe a separate version would work until the overworld issues can be approached properly. Thank you for your work regardless.

SkyHarvester

Rookie
By the way, given this issue could you make an in-battle only version? I know this can be toggled within the script already, however for some reason I keep getting issues with it (seems like the game is expecting to read it as a setting from the savefile? crashing before each battle). Maybe a separate version would work until the overworld issues can be approached properly. Thank you for your work regardless.
Hey, I (slightly) edited the script because I thought it was a good idea!
This is what the menu looks like now:

I credited Mashirosakura at the very top of the script.

Paste this script in your code editor/notepad and save it as a .rb file in the same folder as the current speedup script.

Last edited:

BloodyNeonz

Pokémon Inritum Dev
hey, first of all thank you for this resource, works great! I just had a minor isuse when changing the speed option while a parallel process was running, here's the log:
=================

[2024-07-31 12:02:35 +0100]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[Delta Speed Up] _Main_Script.rb:92:in `pbResetInterpreterWaitCount'
[Delta Speed Up] _Main_Script.rb:145:in `block in update'
[Delta Speed Up] _Main_Script.rb:145:in `each_value'
[Delta Speed Up] _Main_Script.rb:145:in `update'
002_Scene_Map.rb:138:in `block in updateMaps'
002_Scene_Map.rb:137:in `each'
002_Scene_Map.rb:137:in `updateMaps'
002_Scene_Map.rb:125:in `block in miniupdate'
002_Scene_Map.rb:123:in `loop'
002_Scene_Map.rb:123:in `miniupdate'

lvl30bear

Novice
There seems to be a incompatibility with https://eeveeexpo.com/threads/8323/
In battles, when using speed up the sprites freeze - though hitting the default q does transition between the speeds does seem to work, though it doesnt have the usual debug window popup that it usually does.

PattyOChairs

Novice
I have the same as the above. Toggling Delta Speed Up stops Lucidious89's Animated Pokemon System from working it seems. It's not only in battles, but also when looking at pokemon in party

Back