• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Picross Adventure

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Version
Pokémon Picross Adventure
[2023-08-11] 00_17_49.564.png

Game Summary:
As a picross expert, you were invited by the Professor Tetra to a mysterious island in Paldea.
In this island there is a lot of puzzle scarttered around in form of stone tablets.
Solve the puzzle, reveal the hidden Pokémon illustration and unravel the mystery of the stone tablets on the island.

Features
24 various dimension Picross puzzles
Multiple pokemon support skills as a hint or overworld skill

Game Screenshots
[2023-08-11] 00_13_16.648.png
[2023-08-11] 00_16_21.808.png
[2023-08-11] 00_14_50.420.png
[2023-08-11] 00_18_55.422.png
[2023-08-11] 00_18_39.740.png
[2023-08-11] 00_13_46.878.png

Made Using
Pokémon Essentials v21

Team
Caruban

Download Link
Download Link v1.2.1

Notes
v 1.0
Cannot use rock climb from the overworld (fixed)
The Picross Report show other unsolved puzzle data (fixed)
Support Pokemon list show unsolved puzzle (fixed)
Passable water tile (fixed)
Picross Report shows wrong time data (fixed)
Calculation error of the total time on the clip Picross (fixed)
Balancing S01-03, S01-04, S01-07, S01-08, S03-02, and S03-08 puzzles (fixed)

v1.1
Passable black tile in Tetra Lab (fixed)
Unerased Picross tutorial scene picture (fixed)
Unlocked hidden puzzle in Grene Forest and Tela River without solving other puzzle under Par Time (fixed)

v1.2
Softlock in tetra lab (fixed)

v1.2.1
-

Resource Pack
resource pack

Credits
Plugin:
Ulithium_Dragon's Rock Climb with Overworld Animation:
Ulithium_Dragon,DarrylBD99

Braille Pattern Algorithm
Wichu

Tilesets:
1. Ekat
2. Heartless Dragoon
3. Morlockhater
4. Nemu
5. Ross Hawkins
6. Pokemon Dawn
7. Slimshady
8. Thedeadheroalistar
9. The-Red-Ex
10. Vurtax
11. Zein
12. Redblueyellow
13. Fabnt
14. War8
15. Dragoon
16. Silverdeoxys563
17. SteamyJ
18. Anonalpaca
19. Pokémon Rejuvenation
20. Puggsoy
21. Aveontrainer
22. Idillio
23. Dasani
24. Shyin
Ekat
Heartlessdragoon
Vurtax
HeroAlistar
Zein
War8
Fabnt
AJ Nitro
Alistar
Aveontrainer
Bacon
Dasani
Dawn Bronze
Heartless Dragoon
Labs
Lennybitao
Pokémon Dawn
Pokémon Reborn Team
Pokémon Rejuvenation Team
Pugsoy
Redblueyellow
Remy
RocketSeviperShadow
Seiyouh
Shyinn
The Purple Stuff
The Red-Ex
Vurtax
XDinky
KennyCatches

Wattrel and Tarountula ow sprites:
Darkusshadow

Gen 4 Sound Effects Pack :
Deo

ENLS’s Pre-Looped Music Library:
ENLS
Thundaga
KrakerwatYT
Sulucnal
FrivolousAqua

Gen 9 Cries:
Lightblade Absol

Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.

and everyone else who helped out
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.
Enterbrain
Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Last edited:

safr

Elite Trainer
I updated the game to v1.1 to fix several bugs and edit some puzzles to be more solvable.
I'm glad i can see you again. After playing your last masterpiece pokemon journey and seeing you disappear unfortunately not updating that game again, i always curious of what your next project. So thank you for this and stay healthy. Gonna try this now👍🏻😊

Caruban

Cooltrainer
I'm glad i can see you again. After playing your last masterpiece pokemon journey and seeing you disappear unfortunately not updating that game again, i always curious of what your next project. So thank you for this and stay healthy. Gonna try this now👍🏻😊
Because of how messy I wrote the script, it's really hard to update that game without rewriting the script.

Btw, I just reuploaded this game because I forgot to remove one debug event.

safr

Elite Trainer
Because of how messy I wrote the script, it's really hard to update that game without rewriting the script.
Ahh that the reason. Unfortunate to hear. I hope someday if you have time you can make better version of it from scratch. It will be amazing to complete the league with 8 gym with that gane gameplay. But don't need to force yourself if you don't have time

Thank you for telling me you upload new version of this game after fixing bugs. I gonna download now and stay healthy 😊🙏

LinKazamine

Champion
Ok, so I started the game and I went to the PC to see the tutorial. Thing is... I'm sort of traped there? Once the tutorial ends, the image of the tutorial remains there. I can move and all that but I can't see what I'm doing. Seems I have to restart the game since I can't make it disappear.
1691845834058.png

Caruban

Cooltrainer
glad to see a patch come through, I was struggling with some of the puzzles that appear unsolveable, or have multiple solutions. I've been having lots of fun playing in my down time so far. Really like what you've made!
Thanks. Some of the puzzles, especially the bigger ones, really need extra attention because of how small the playable piece is.
Ok, so I started the game and I went to the PC to see the tutorial. Thing is... I'm sort of traped there? Once the tutorial ends, the image of the tutorial remains there. I can move and all that but I can't see what I'm doing. Seems I have to restart the game since I can't make it disappear.
View attachment 20121
Whoops.. I forgot to erase the picture.
I will fix it in the next one or two days.

Edit : Updated the game to 1.2 to solve several minor issues, and now Picross can be navigated by pressing the arrow button.

Last edited:
Not positive, but I think there may be a softlock in the current version of the game? After solving the five tutorial puzzles, the professor tells me to go solve the puzzles on the rest of the island, but I don't get the report or coordinates like Tomix did on his stream.

Not positive, but I think there may be a softlock in the current version of the game? After solving the five tutorial puzzles, the professor tells me to go solve the puzzles on the rest of the island, but I don't get the report or coordinates like Tomix did on his stream.
I heard something similar from someone else, I think if you don't beat the tutorial puzzles in par time or something it doesn't let you continue until you do, so just redo the puzzle quickly and it should be good. But yeah it isn't really communicated since the game continues to act like you should be able to travel when you can't

Caruban

Cooltrainer
Sorry.. It seems that when I fixed some bugs in the lab map, I accidentally changed the trigger variable for the next event and caused a softlock.

I just reuploaded the game, and to trigger the next event, you need to redo one of the five puzzles.

safr

Elite Trainer
Sorry.. It seems that when I fixed some bugs in the lab map, I accidentally changed the trigger variable for the next event and caused a softlock.

I just reuploaded the game, and to trigger the next event, you need to redo one of the five puzzles.
Thank you for the announcement. Gonna update the game now 🙏🙂

Mewion

Novice
Pokemon Picross is one of my favorite games of all time. I've always thought it such a shame nobody ever made a ROM hack of the game to add more puzzles. This is perfect! Thank you. I also enjoy the elements that call back to the original Pokemon Picross.

catchneko

average goomy enjoyer
The game's really fun so far, and I'm really enjoying it! Pokemon Picross caused me to love these kinds of puzzles and seeing a fangame made as a sequel/successor to that was really interesting to me.
The only issues I've found are the controls being too floaty/loose for me (though I'm not sure if that's something you're able to fix and may even just be an issue with my keyboard) and some of the puzzles having seemingly no/multiple solutions, like this one here:
1706419020207.png
I checked every row and column multiple times, and it seems to match all of the numbers, yet it doesn't register as the answer, so it's evidently not the solution.

Though the game overall was pretty fun from what I've played so far.

Mewion

Novice
Are future versions planned? I know this was made for a game jam, but I'd love to see it completed.

Back