• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Elite Battle DX (EBDX) - Unofficial port for Pokémon Essentials 21.1 1.4.7.1

Jedahjony

Novice
Hello, I'm currently experiencing an error with ebdx when enabling custom animations that make the Pokémon move it makes the pokemon suddenly double in size, the same thing also happens when the shiny Pokémon animation plays, any idea how to fix
I think there is a scale option in configuration file.

Thunderbird games

Novice
i have video of the error here
Hello, I'm currently experiencing an error with ebdx when enabling custom animations that make the Pokémon move it makes the pokemon suddenly double in size, the same thing also happens when the shiny Pokémon animation plays, any idea how to fix

Jedahjony

Novice
1698047901344.png

I think your problems is with animations maybe?

Check in the EBDX code if you have something like pbWait(2) or wait(). If you find it change the value to 0.05 or similar values. And try again.

trainered

Novice
Is there a way to add gifs? I tried and I get a error message saying that EBDX doesn't support gif support

trainered

Novice
The trainer sprite always goes out of bounds whenever the battle is finished. Are there any solutions to this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-07 095104.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-07 095104.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 102

Thunderbird games

Novice
hello, I'm currently expirencing an error with pokemon EBDX with the battle enviroments, when ever i attempt to put a map as a battle enviroment it just wont work and it stays as the default, I've put it in the PBS\EBDX folder maps text file, as shown below, any ideas how to fix would be appreciated
#-------------------------------
[004]
BattleEnv = snow

Ozander

Ozander
I'm getting this error when battle starts
Error:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Script error in event 1 (coords 41,3), map 76 (Calmford Fields)
Exception: NoMethodError

Full script:
TrainerBattle.start(:RANCHER, "William")
Backtrace:
[Elite Battle: DX] Scene Backdrops.rb:928:in `block (2 levels) in adjustMetrics'
```[Elite Battle: DX] Scene Backdrops.rb:927:in `each'
[Elite Battle: DX] Scene Backdrops.rb:927:in `block in adjustMetrics'
[Elite Battle: DX] Scene Backdrops.rb:921:in `each'
[Elite Battle: DX] Scene Backdrops.rb:921:in `adjustMetrics'
[Elite Battle: DX] Scene Backdrops.rb:209:in `refresh'
[Elite Battle: DX] Scene Backdrops.rb:130:in `initialize'
[Elite Battle: DX] Scene Backdrops.rb:28:in `new'
[Elite Battle: DX] Scene Backdrops.rb:28:in `loadBackdrop'
[Elite Battle: DX] Scene Battle.rb:90:in `pbStartBattle'

Pkcris

Rookie
No, not exactly. In v21, they've made it so that way the game speed isn't dependent on the framerate like it use to be. However, EBDX still uses frame-by-frame animation for their move animations, battle entry, etc (since it was before v21). So when you play the game at like 150 fps, it becomes ridiculously fast.

So, I essentially just copy and paste the code for the tick system from the wait function already in essentials v21, did a few slight adjustments and well, it's now going at the normal speed even at such high fps.

Luka will probably come up with a different method cause it was a little not-so-great, but that's my temporary fix.
Hi, I have this problem, please tell which places you copied the code tick or you could be more specific from where you made the adjustments for this temporary fix?

Thanks.

successpls

Rookie
No, not exactly. In v21, they've made it so that way the game speed isn't dependent on the framerate like it use to be. However, EBDX still uses frame-by-frame animation for their move animations, battle entry, etc (since it was before v21). So when you play the game at like 150 fps, it becomes ridiculously fast.

So, I essentially just copy and paste the code for the tick system from the wait function already in essentials v21, did a few slight adjustments and well, it's now going at the normal speed even at such high fps.

Luka will probably come up with a different method cause it was a little not-so-great, but that's my temporary fix.
Mind sharing a more full on process on how to achieve this? I'm kinda new to Essentials but interested in using EDBX

Loaky

Rookie
hello, I'm currently expirencing an error with pokemon EBDX with the battle enviroments, when ever i attempt to put a map as a battle enviroment it just wont work and it stays as the default, I've put it in the PBS\EBDX folder maps text file, as shown below, any ideas how to fix would be appreciated
[004]
BattleEnv = snow
Please tell me someone has a fix for this. I'm getting the same problem and I've been trying to fix it for 3 days now but couldn't do it.

Loaky

Rookie
[004]
BattleEnv = snow
Ok so, I already made a very scuffed solution for this.

Basically, you make an event that's set to trigger on Parallel Process and you put this script in it:

EliteBattle.set(:nextBattleBack, {"backdrop" => X})

X being the string of the Battle Environment you're using. In my case it was: "Cave"
Remember to put the " " too.

SeoFlash13

Rookie
Is it possible to get some more detailed instructions on how to do this? Kindly appreciated.
New to essentials and EBSX, and this is not the exact same solution but this works as long as you have your monitor set to the same refresh rate the game reads in (mine runs it at 240 fps and it adjusts the battles to the correct speed).

The wait function to change is in \Plugins\Elite Battle DX\[000] Scripts\Battle Scenes\Scene Camera. You can copy over the tick system or just do add a super simple:

fpsmult = Graphics.frame_rate/60 # Define this in any method you use it in
frames_to_wait = fpsmult*frames.to_i

The wait function is in Battle Scene, just before the section "# start the initial scene animation".

This fixed everything for me except the animated trainer sprites, then (also in Battle Scene) right after the section "# start the initial scene animation":
change the first @vector.inc you find to:

@vector.inc = 0.1*fpsmult

I also changed the first 3 "self.wait"s in this section to "self.waitfix" and redefined the wait function back to what is was before (aka no fpsmult)

I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but it's pretty quick and works well. Hope this helps!

SeoFlash13

Rookie
The trainer sprite always goes out of bounds whenever the battle is finished. Are there any solutions to this?
Yep! Just go to Plugins\Elite Battle DX\[000] Scripts\Battle Modifiers\Scripted Battles, then:

comment out/delete this line in pbShowOpponent and pbHideOpponent:

moveEntireScene(x, (speech ? +2 : -1), true, true) if i%k > 0 || k == 1

the copy and paste this over the bottom of pbShowOpponent (bold underlines are all I changed)

for i in 0...20.delta_add
k = 20.delta_add/20.0
#moveEntireScene(x, (speech ? +2 : -1), true, true) if i%k > 0 || k == 1
@sprites["opponent"].opacity += 12.8.delta_sub(false)
@sprites["opponent"].x += x/20 if i%k > 0 || k == 1
endx = @sprites["opponent"].x
@sprites["opponent"].y +=0 if i%k > 0 || k == 1
endy = @sprites["opponent"].y
@sprites["box1"].zoom_x += (@viewport.width/16).delta_sub(false) if speech
@sprites["box2"].zoom_x += (@viewport.width/16).delta_sub(false) if speech
self.wait(1, true)
end
@sprites["opponent"].x = endx
@sprites["opponent"].y = endy # + (speech ? 2 : -1)
@sprites["box1"].zoom_x = @viewport.width if speech
@sprites["box2"].zoom_x = @viewport.width if speech

It's not perfect but looks way better. I did this with ESBX ported to v21.1 but if you're on a different version, just find pbShowOpponent and pbHideOpponent; the solution should be similar. Hope this helps!

Willix

Novice
i don't know if only i have this problem, when a pokemon is evolving i have a blackscreen after level up and before the evolution for about 5 seconds
I also have the same issue, did you manage to fix it?

thebigguy270

Novice
How beautiful... Now I wish we got animated sprites for every Pokémon, but beggars can't be choosers.

Back