• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Elite Battle DX (EBDX) - Unofficial port for Pokémon Essentials 21.1 1.4.7.1

Manurocker95

Predoctoral Researcher & Game Dev
Manurocker95 submitted a new resource:

Elite Battle DX (EBDX) - Unofficial port for Pokémon Essentials 21.1 - Unofficial port of Elite Battle DX (EBDX) for Pokémon Essentials 21.1

It is commonly known that Elite Battle DX, aka EBDX, the battle system originally made by Luka SJ has not yet be updated for Pokémon Essentials 21 nor 21.1, making people to stay at 19.1 in order to use it. As I already made a port for v20.1 I decided to port that port to the new version. Take into account that this port is NOT meant to replace at all the official releases. In fact, it is known that an official version is in development. Whenever that version for v21.1 ever...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

DarrylBD99

A YouTuber that really REALLY loves making games
Manurocker95 submitted a new resource:

Elite Battle DX (EBDX) - Unnofficial port for Pokémon Essentials 21.1 - Unnofficial port of Elite Battle DX (EBDX) for Pokémon Essentials 21.1

Read more about this resource...
This seems like a good resource to use till the official EBDX Launches. Just one thing I found funny. Because v21 now runs depending on how many seconds passed instead of the fps, I am able to run it at 144fps without it look like I sped the game up. However, the battle animations still operate under the frame system. So, the animations were basically the pure definition of "I am Speed".

Dunno what would happen if someone manages to achieve 300+ fps, but the ball throw was already hilariously fast so I'd imagine it to be instant. Great for speed running, not so great for devs who want the animations to look good.

MrRetro

Veteran Gamer
This seems like a good resource to use till the official EBDX Launches. Just one thing I found funny. Because v21 now runs depending on how many seconds passed instead of the fps, I am able to run it at 144fps without it look like I sped the game up. However, the battle animations still operate under the frame system. So, the animations were basically the pure definition of "I am Speed".

Dunno what would happen if someone manages to achieve 300+ fps, but the ball throw was already hilariously fast so I'd imagine it to be instant. Great for speed running, not so great for devs who want the animations to look good.
You gotta wait until the official update for 21.1. I'm sure the issues will be fixed.

You could use EBDX on v19 and change the FPS from 40 to 60.

DarrylBD99

You gotta wait until the official update for 21.1. I'm sure the issues will be fixed.

You could use EBDX on v19 and change the FPS from 40 to 60.
Well, I kinda already made a temporary fix myself by changing the frame aystem to the tick system used in v21.

DarrylBD99

Does that not make the animations play spedup?
No, not exactly. In v21, they've made it so that way the game speed isn't dependent on the framerate like it use to be. However, EBDX still uses frame-by-frame animation for their move animations, battle entry, etc (since it was before v21). So when you play the game at like 150 fps, it becomes ridiculously fast.

So, I essentially just copy and paste the code for the tick system from the wait function already in essentials v21, did a few slight adjustments and well, it's now going at the normal speed even at such high fps.

Luka will probably come up with a different method cause it was a little not-so-great, but that's my temporary fix.

Last edited:

Heliumpai

By the way, your work is amazing! keep it up buddy
More of a funny bug than anything, Struggle isn't in the moves PBS so you can't battle if you have to struggle.

I added it back in between Snore and Terrain Pulse and it worked hunky dory!
[STRUGGLE]
Name = Struggle
Type = NORMAL
Category = Physical
Power = 50
Accuracy = 0
TotalPP = 1
Target = RandomNearFoe
FunctionCode = Struggle
Flags = Contact,CanProtect
Description = An attack that is used in desperation only if the user has no PP. It also hurts the user slightly.
#-------------------------------

NO3B

Rookie
is there way to resize sprite? i use spritesheet 160x160 but its to big in battle scene, pls help me

NoNoNever

Dev from Pokémon Illusion, Pokémon Bloody Moon
i don't know if only i have this problem, when a pokemon is evolving i have a blackscreen after level up and before the evolution for about 5 seconds

hostman

Trainer
Thanks for the contribution, a question, is there a way to animate the static pokemon? (from 6 gen)

tammyclaydon

Novice
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
UI_Pokedex_Entry:331:in `block in pbGetEncounterPoints'
Encounter:55:in `block in each_of_version'
Encounter:47:in `block in each'
Encounter:47:in `each'
Encounter:54:in `each_of_version'
UI_Pokedex_Entry:325:in `pbGetEncounterPoints'
UI_Pokedex_Entry:361:in `drawPageArea'
UI_Pokedex_Entry:216:in `drawPage'
UI_Pokedex_Entry:552:in `block in pbScene'

Last edited:

NoNoNever

Dev from Pokémon Illusion, Pokémon Bloody Moon
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
UI_Pokedex_Entry:331:in `block in pbGetEncounterPoints'
Encounter:55:in `block in each_of_version'
Encounter:47:in `block in each'
Encounter:54:in `each_of_version'
UI_Pokedex_Entry:325:in `pbGetEncounterPoints'
UI_Pokedex_Entry:361:in `drawPageArea'
UI_Pokedex_Entry:216:in `drawPage'
UI_Pokedex_Entry:552:in `block in pbScene'
Not EBDX related, set a map Position for every map

Last edited:

tammyclaydon

Novice
ive managed to fix it but not sure how to be honest but its all sortted now anyway. thanks for the response tho

J_Does...Something

King Of The Pirates

EssyTico

Rookie
No, not exactly. In v21, they've made it so that way the game speed isn't dependent on the framerate like it use to be. However, EBDX still uses frame-by-frame animation for their move animations, battle entry, etc (since it was before v21). So when you play the game at like 150 fps, it becomes ridiculously fast.

So, I essentially just copy and paste the code for the tick system from the wait function already in essentials v21, did a few slight adjustments and well, it's now going at the normal speed even at such high fps.

Luka will probably come up with a different method cause it was a little not-so-great, but that's my temporary fix.
Is it possible to get some more detailed instructions on how to do this? Kindly appreciated.

Youiten

Rookie
The Assigning VS Sequences function seems to have no effect, is this normal?

CloverForleve

Rookie
Hello! I'm getting an error that reads "uninitialized constant EliteBattle::SKIP_CACHED_DATA:: would anyone happen to know how to fix this?

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Exception: NameError
Message: uninitialized constant EliteBattle::SKIP_CACHED_DATA

Backtrace:
[Elite Battle: DX] EBDX Compiler.rb:73:in `addFromCached'
[Elite Battle: DX] EBDX Setup.rb:103:in `initialize'
Overworld_encounter:30:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Overworld_encounter:18:in `block in mainFunction'
Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
Overworld_encounter:18:in `mainFunction'
Overworld_encounter:45:in `block in <main>'
Overworld_encounter:44:in `loop'
Overworld_encounter:44:in `<main>'
-e:in `eval'

Last edited:

Thunderbird games

Novice
Hello, I'm currently experiencing an error with ebdx when enabling custom animations that make the Pokémon move it makes the pokemon suddenly double in size, the same thing also happens when the shiny Pokémon animation plays, any idea how to fix

Back