• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Mix-And-Mega

Resource Mix-And-Mega 1.4

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
Rot8er_ConeX submitted a new resource:

Mix-And-Mega - Based on the Smogon metagame of the same name!

What would happen if you let any Pokémon use any Mega Stone, and gain the stat-boosts thereof?
Smogon asked that question and made a metagame around it!
It's an interesting concept, so I made a plugin that allows you to apply this logic to your own game, without making a separate form for every individual combination of species and stone. It even works for non-Rayquaza mons that know Dragon Ascent (something Smogon...

Read more about this resource...

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
Rot8er_ConeX updated Mix-And-Mega with a new update entry:

Timespace Crystals

This update entails:
  • adding the Timespace Crystals to the list of non-Mega-Stone items that can activate this mechanic
  • changing the Primal Orbs and Rusted Armors to behave properly (rather than acting like Mega Stones). This includes changing the in-battle UI to match the Primal Orb your Pokémon is holding, rather than the species.
  • adding a setting that allows the Rusted Armors to change the move Iron Head on any Pokémon.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Great idea for a mechanic! Is there a way to remove mega stones and others from the list and allow new types of items to utilize this feature?

Jangajinx

Got these errors after installing plugin:

[Pokémon Essentials version 21]
[v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
Intl_Messages:193:in `scan'
Intl_Messages:193:in `find_translatable_text_from_RGSS_script'
Intl_Messages:44:in `block (2 levels) in gather_script_and_event_texts'
Intl_Messages:38:in `each'
Intl_Messages:38:in `block in gather_script_and_event_texts'
Intl_Messages:37:in `each'
Intl_Messages:37:in `gather_script_and_event_texts'
Compiler:1022:in `compile_all'
Compiler:1092:in `main'
Main:29:in `mainFunctionDebug'
[Pokémon Essentials version 21]
[v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Exception: RuntimeError

Backtrace:
Compiler:1104:in `rescue in main'
Compiler:1031:in `main'
Main:29:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:18:in `mainFunction'
Main:45:in `block in <main>'
Main:44:in `loop'
Main:44:in `<main>'
-e:in `eval'

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice

Teal Mask

• Fixed a typo that was causing games to fail upon reloading PBS data (it was literally one character in a comment in the type-adjustment code. UTF-8 encoding).
  • Added the Ogerpon masks to the list of non-Mega-Stone form-changing items. Settings exist for whether non-Ogerpon Pokémon should have their ability changed by the masks or not, and for whether the masks should boost the damage output of non-Ogerpon Pokémon.

Penelope

Trainer

i met a really stange thing, i dont know why it happened.
the same item, normal mega can trigger ability, but use stone in others cant.
i checked code, but i cant find whats wrong.
could u look into it.
many thanks.

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
View attachment 22694
i met a really stange thing, i dont know why it happened.
the same item, normal mega can trigger ability, but use stone in others cant.
i checked code, but i cant find whats wrong.
could u look into it.
many thanks.
I've fixed this (as well for Primal Reversion, which had the same issue). You can redownload the zip file, it contains the fix.

It's so minor though that I'm not gonna make it its own version number complete with a bump on the resource list.

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice

Enhanced Battle UI compatibility

Now that Lucidious89 has begun to dump v21.1 versions of all their plugins, I'm able to work on making my plugins compatible with them. The only change that is required for Mix-and-Mega is making sure that the plugin knows when to use the Enhanced Battle UI version of the Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion databox (and making sure that the Primal icons are based on item rather than species of the user).

Jangajinx

Just a heads up that the plugin overrides the mega and primal evolution animations in Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] stopping the animations from playing correctly. I hope you can look into this. I appreciate it! Also, thanks for the plugin you made its a really cool mechanic to have in the game.

Lucidious89

Champion
Just a heads up that the plugin overrides the mega and primal evolution animations in Deluxe Battle Kit [v21.1] stopping the animations from playing correctly. I hope you can look into this. I appreciate it! Also, thanks for the plugin you made its a really cool mechanic to have in the game.
It's less that it "overrides" the animations, and more just that the Deluxe Battle Kit is specifically coded to assume that if common animations exist for Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion, then that must mean that the dev has specifically made or installed their own animations for these mechanics. And if so, I didnt want to override their work with my plugin. That's why the Deluxe Battle Kit animations are de-prioritized in this scenario.

So its not that this plugin is doing anything wrong exactly, its more just an intentional safeguard in the Deluxe Battle Kit that is being triggered in an unforeseen way. So at the very least, some documentation about this quirk would help.

Jangajinx

It's less that it "overrides" the animations, and more just that the Deluxe Battle Kit is specifically coded to assume that if common animations exist for Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion, then that must mean that the dev has specifically made or installed their own animations for these mechanics. And if so, I didnt want to override their work with my plugin. That's why the Deluxe Battle Kit animations are de-prioritized in this scenario.

So its not that this plugin is doing anything wrong exactly, its more just an intentional safeguard in the Deluxe Battle Kit that is being triggered in an unforeseen way. So at the very least, some documentation about this quirk would help.
Thank you for your explanation on the topic. I am not very fluent in Ruby compared to Lua. Appreciate you explaining more in-depth in the backend of your plugin. I honestly felt bad initially asking or notifying the author of the plugin as I don't want to come off as demanding or entitled as I know from experience in the past and from other friends that did Lua coding is that this is done as a hobby and a lot of people think they are entitled to make demands of what should and shouldn't be in plugin/mod.

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
Thank you for your explanation on the topic. I am not very fluent in Ruby compared to Lua. Appreciate you explaining more in-depth in the backend of your plugin. I honestly felt bad initially asking or notifying the author of the plugin as I don't want to come off as demanding or entitled as I know from experience in the past and from other friends that did Lua coding is that this is done as a hobby and a lot of people think they are entitled to make demands of what should and shouldn't be in plugin/mod.
I'm sorry it took so long to respond to this. As far as I know, this plugin doesn't have any animations included - it's literally just Ruby files. Is there another plugin that does overwrite animations.rxdata? It doesn't even have to be a Mega Evolution-related plugin, if the dev of said plugin had a Mega Evolution common animation in their own animations.rxdata then it would be in their plugin.

Following Pokemon EX, for example, overwrites animations.rxdata in order to add common animations for the speech bubbles that appear when you talk to your follower.

Jangajinx

I'm sorry it took so long to respond to this. As far as I know, this plugin doesn't have any animations included - it's literally just Ruby files. Is there another plugin that does overwrite animations.rxdata? It doesn't even have to be a Mega Evolution-related plugin, if the dev of said plugin had a Mega Evolution common animation in their own animations.rxdata then it would be in their plugin.

Following Pokemon EX, for example, overwrites animations.rxdata in order to add common animations for the speech bubbles that appear when you talk to your follower.
Weird. Just noticed it working when removing the plugin.

Back