• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
IV and EV Summary Screens

Resource IV and EV Summary Screens 1.2

LinKazamine

Champion
LinKazamine submitted a new resource:

IV and EV Summary Screens - Add pages for IV and EV in the summary screen

Compatibility and dependencies
This plugin is compatible with Pokemon Essentials 21 but doesn't work on its own. You'll need Modular Summary Scene by Lucidious89.

A quick addition I made for the Modular Summary Screen plugin. It comes with all the code and images needed for three new pages for the summary: one with only IV, another with only EV and a third one with both IV and EV.

1. Drop the contents...

Read more about this resource...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
One step for mankind! Another step for developers! There is even enough room to add a space to allocate EVs.

LinKazamine

Champion
On the one with only EV, yes. Although the plugin for the allocator will already include showing the EV so the code for this page would not be necessary. The image with the background may be useful for it, though.

Lucidious89

Champion
This is a great proof of concept of the Modular Summary plugin. You set everything up exactly right.

I hope to see this expanded upon in the future. I think if I had to make any suggestions, it would be to add your own custom commands to the "options" key for each page. The standard Give Item/View Pokedex/Mark options are kinda boring for a page like this, I think there's room for some interesting options. For example, I include a simple "Reset EV's" command as an example in the Modular Summary plugin, which would be perfect for a screen like this. I'm sure this could be expanded on. Maybe other options could be added too, like an option to Hyper Train the Pokemon's IV's directly within the menu, as well as allocating EV's as mentioned.

LinKazamine

Champion
Yeah, I remember seeing the option for reset EV when looking at your scripts thought I focused more on editing my scripts to place everything where they should, and I completely forgot to add it. As for adding custom options, well, that would be up to the people using my pages.

I certainly don't know where to begin to make the Hyper Train, and I don't know if the plugin for the Allocator system that's already out there will update, but maybe in the future, I might try to make them if no one does.

hostman

Trainer
Hello, very good contribution, a question, is there a way to ensure that you don't have it from the beginning, but rather have it given to you by a character?

LinKazamine

Champion
Sure! That's something that's shown in the tutorial for Modular UI Scenes, which is the base for this plugin.

Anyway, you just need to add this line "condition" => proc { next [imath]game_switches[100] } in the handler of the page you want to unlock. I think a switch will fit well with your case but you can change it for anything you want (just make sure to only change the [/imath]game_switches[100] part or it will not work).

I don't know if there's a certain order that has to be followed for the handlers, but I suggest putting the line under the "order" one.

Lucidious89

Champion
Order doesn't matter,
Sure! That's something that's shown in the tutorial for Modular UI Scenes, which is the base for this plugin.

Anyway, you just need to add this line "condition" => proc { next $game_switches[100] } in the handler of the page you want to unlock. I think a switch will fit well with your case but you can change it for anything you want (just make sure to only change the $game_switches[100] part or it will not work).

I don't know if there's a certain order that has to be followed for the handlers, but I suggest putting the line under the "order" one.
Order doesn't matter, I just like to keep it neat and consistent. Also make sure to change the switch number to whatever number you prefer so that it doesn't overlap with a switch already in use.

And for the original questioner: keep in mind you don't have to use game switches, that's just the easiest and most obvious example. You can use pretty much anything that returns a true or false. For example, you could use "condition" => proc { next $player.badge_count >= 8 } to have it unlock only after the player obtains their 8th badge.

LinKazamine

Champion
Oh, good to know. I knew the order was, more or less, flexible, but I wasn't sure if there would be problems if code was added after the "layout" part or before the "name" one.

hostman

Trainer
a6dadb052d0c328098bde58d2c930df9.png

I put it as is and I got this:

426dde7878a8f6d88f2d748b9a95731b.png

What is wrong?

LinKazamine

Champion
The error is simple. You haven't added commas to the end of the lines. If you look at the rest of the lines, they all have commas except the last one. Since you haven't added them at the end of the layout line, it throws this error.

Jedahjony

Novice
Need to adjust Type Bitmap a little in IV EV Summary Page ^^

overlay.blt(400, 351, @typebitmap.bitmap, type_rect)

And Thx! It is great this plugin ^^

LinKazamine

Champion
Well, the numbers really are up to the devs to adjust it to where they prefer though it's true that the height of the version I passed was incorrect. I simply forgot to make sure to pass the adjusted numbers from the version I used to test the plugin.

Thanks for pointing it up. I'll update the correct version right now. It'll not be the same numbers as you but, like I said, the proper position of the type image is up to the dev.

Sonicover

Trainer
Could I suggest something like a super complete page that shows current stats, base stats, ev and iv together?
It'll be a numerical mess but for calculations it would be pretty clarifying

LinKazamine

Champion
It will take some time since I have to look for a way to display the base stats since I don't know if they are stored somewhere.

My main worry there would be that they won't fit. If all numbers of HP are shown, that would go up to 5 numbers with 3 of them having up to 3 numbers. That can be crowded pretty quickly.

Depending on how much space that requires, I may end up taking away the display of the current HP or all the current stats. That page would be next to the main page for stats anyway so you can change between both to compare if needed.

LinKazamine

Champion
Back