• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[20.1+] Pokegear Themes

Resource [20.1+] Pokegear Themes 1.0.9

LinKazamine

Champion
LinKazamine submitted a new resource:

[20.1+] Pokegear Themes - Themes for the pokegear like in HGSS

Compatibility
The download goes to a folder that contains the archives of this plugin for both Pokemon Essentials 20.1 and 21. It's mostly plug-and-play (or should be) so just download the version you want. I have only tested it on 20.1 but there should be no problem with the 21 version.

So, as the title implies, this plugin adds themes to the pokegear similar to Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver. The plugin comes with 6 themes from the games and a Yellow one. It also offers...

Read more about this resource...

LinKazamine

Champion
I know. I also forgot to add a credit in the meta. I will upload the scripts again with those and some changes I decided to add to the configuration script.

Sonicover

Trainer
Marvellous script, specially the multi-rows part, makes the poke gear look so much better.
That being said, I'm having some troubles with it, the rows act a bit strange, for example here the "themes" button is below the screen, and up and down are inversed, and even when i make them 2 rows up and down act like left and right.
It's odd because in the theme's screen works no prob, just in the main menu of the gear.
I deleted both icon_button on UI>Pokegear and re compile, start a new game, but nothing. Bit of help pls
2023-07-23 (2).png

Last edited:

LinKazamine

Champion
Ok, I have been testing and the thing about up and down is something I forgot to change when I edited the plugin to allow for more customization. As for the height of the buttons, you can use the configuration of SPECIAL_THEME, BUTTON_HEIGHT and THEME_BUTTON_HEIGHT to move them up and down. Putting positive values there will make the buttons go down but putting negative ones will make them go up.
I will update the plugin again with the up and down error corrected soon but it just affects the files in 01 - Scripts so you can look for the proper position of the buttons.

LinKazamine

Champion
LinKazamine updated [20.1+] Pokegear Themes with a new update entry:

Added an option in the configuration to change the height between buttons.

IMPORTANT: This may cause the buttons to change their position on the screen, so you must use the SPECIAL_THEME configuration to adjust the height. You'll have to add values for both the BUTTON_HEIGHT (for the default pokegear menu) and THEME_BUTTON_HEIGHT (for the pokegear theme selection menu) but you can simply put the default height to keep the buttons where they are if you didn't make changes for the corresponding menu.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

LinKazamine

Champion
No problem. I tried to add options to personalise the buttons' positions as much as possible but I completely forgot about the height between them, so thank you for bringing it up.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
No problem. I tried to add options to personalise the buttons' positions as much as possible but I completely forgot about the height between them, so thank you for bringing it up.
I appreciate it! It's mostly my OCD that causes it to bother me. As both a developer and a player. To be honest I can not see my fangame without the features this plugin. As it allows menus in the pokegear not to seek into oblivion. Something I notice, if possible I hate to ask if you can do something that allows it to have it scrollable in the pokegear where it centers itself. Much love!

1692979861652.png

LinKazamine

Champion
I'm not sure what you mean by scrollable but what's going on in the image is what I said in the update. I also said there how to solve it but I can try to explain it better here.

What you have to do is put the name of all your themes (or the ones that you need to fix the height) in the SPECIAL_THEME array in the configuration file. The name is the same one that you put in the folders where all the images are. It should look something like this:
Ruby:
  SPECIAL_THEME = [
    "NPB Blue", "NPB Pink", "NPB Yellow", "Theme 1", "Theme 2",
    "Theme 3", "Theme 4", "Theme 5", "Theme 6", "Theme 7",
  ]
Then, you have to add the extra height for the normal menu and the themes menu. If you haven't changed the height between buttons in the normal menu, you can simply put the default value of 10. It should have as many values as themes you added in the array before.
Ruby:
  BUTTON_HEIGHT = [
    10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 30, 10, 10
  ]
  THEME_BUTTON_HEIGHT = [
    10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 30, 10, 10
  ]
As a note, the lower these values, the higher the buttons will be. It also accepts negative values (-10, for example). Useful if 0 isn't enough to put the buttons where you want them.

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Hello...
I can't access Raid Database ZUD in this plugins ( Essentials v20.1 )
Any solution to fix this?

Abdoulgaming

Mr. Y
I get this error when i open the menu:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `initialize_watch' for #<PokemonPokegearTheme_Scene>

Backtrace:
[Pokegear Themes] Pokegear_Themes.rb:103:in `pbStartScene'
[Pokegear Themes] Pokegear_Themes.rb:177:in `pbStartScreen'
[Pokegear Themes] Pokegear_Options.rb:12:in `block in <main>'
[Pokegear Themes] Pokegear_Main.rb:192:in `block in pbStartScreen'
[Pokegear Themes] Pokegear_Main.rb:186:in `loop'
[Pokegear Themes] Pokegear_Main.rb:186:in `pbStartScreen'
293:UI_PauseMenu:215:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
079:MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
293:UI_PauseMenu:212:in `block in <main>'
293:UI_PauseMenu:124:in `block in pbStartPokemonMenu'

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
In default pokegear ( essentials ) if player get a pokegear, Raid database menu (ZUD) in pokegear auto detected..
If in this plugins, ZUD Raid database menu not automatic detected in pokegear menu

LinKazamine

Champion
I don't know why it isn't working but try any of this:
1) Go to Raid_Database.rb in [009] Max Raid, go to the end of the file and change the order to another number that isn't being used.
2) Change the order of any option for :pokegear_menu that was on 40.
3) Add the line Optional = Lin's Pokegear Themes,1.0.4 to the meta of ZUD.
4) Add the line Optional = ZUD Mechanics,1.2.5 to the meta of my plugin.

If any of those don't solve the problem, I don't know what else to do. I haven't changed anything of the MenuHandlers for the pokegear so the one for ZUD should work.

Back