• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Infinite Fusion

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
NOTICE: This page is severely outdated. Please visit this page for more recent information about the game instead.
Join our Discord!
We have a subreddit! Check it out /r/PokemonInfiniteFusion!

Pokemon Infinite Fusion
Version 3.0 is now available! Scroll down to download it!
What's new in 3.0?
  • Story up to the 8th gym
  • Unfusing Pokémon
  • HM items
  • Over 250 custom sprites made by the community
  • New UI
  • Speed up button (Ctrl key)
  • Wondertrade
  • Randomized mode
  • Several revamped areas
    And a lot more. Got to the Changelog section for the full changelog!
This is a game based on the pokemon.alexonsager.net Pokemon fusion generator.
This game re-introduces the DNA Splicers from Black and White 2... Except this time, you can use it on EVERY Pokémon!
Use them to combine any two Pokémon together into a completely new Pokémon, putting the total number of individual Pokemon available in the game to 22 801!
Features
  • Pokemon Fusion: Every Pokémon can be fused with any other Pokémon to create an entirely new species by using DNA Splicers!
  • Full Gen 5 style graphics: Revisit the Kanto region in the style of the 5th generation!
  • 22 801 Pokémon: All with unique sprites, movesets, stats and everything else that a regular Pokemon would have.
  • New areas: Find loads of previously unseen areas in the Kanto region
  • Trainer House: Take part in the trainer house challenge in Viridian City to battle against trainers with teams of completely random Pokémon to earn Trainer Points that you can spend on great prizes! (Not in current demo yet)
  • Nicknaming Pokémon directly from the menu
  • Fairy type
  • Sidequests
  • Wild double battles
  • Faster Day/Night system
And a lot more!

Download
Instructions
Choose one of the two versions. Download it and extract it to play the game. Choose on of the "Updating from a previous version" links if you don't want to redownload the 90k+ sprites.​
Red and Blue versions are exactly the same except that in Blue version, all trainers have reversed fusions. It is suggested to choose Red version if you're playing from an earlier version of the game.​
3.1 Full download:
Red version
Blue version
Updating from an earlier version
Red version
Blue version
The first thing to do after updating your game to 3.0 is to go to the top floor of a Pokémon Center and talk to the Update Man.

IMPORTANT: If you want to continue playing from an earlier Save file, you have to edit the Game.ini file and change the 4th line to
Title=InfiniteFusion

Also, if you are updating from an earlier version, you might get stuck if you last saved in a map that no longer exists. These maps depend on which version you're updating from.
To be safe, I suggest you save inside of a Pokémon Center before updating and you shouldn't run into any problems.

Changelog
Follow this link for the full 3.0 changelog
  • Bugfixes
  • Added two new quests in Celadon City hotel
  • Added items in Safari Zone
  • Bugfixes
  • Added Eevee in Celadon City
  • Added Rock Tunnel, Lavender Town, Pokémon Tower, Celadon City, Celadon Sewers, Fuchsia City, and all the routes in between.
  • Story up to Fuchsia City (5th badge)
  • Added female protagonist
  • Revamped several older maps such as Pallet Town, Viridian City, Pewter City, Route 3 and Route 9.
  • Added hotels in most cities as a hub for sidequests
  • Added dozens of sidequests
  • Added music when seen by trainers
  • Added unreal time system: 1 day = 24 minutes
  • Added a few custom fused Pokémon sprites
  • Added TMs/HMs
  • Changed a few Pokémon types (see FAQ)
  • Added Trainer House: Battle facility where you fight teams of random Pokémon to earn points.
  • Added new intro at the start of a new game
  • Changed message boxes to BW-styled speech bubbles
  • And a lot more stuff for you to discover on your own!
Older versions
  • New maps for Viridian Forest, Viridian City, Pewter City, Route 1, Route 3, and Route 9.
  • Updated Gym Leader teams
  • Fixed the bug with Cut
  • Removed Aerodactyl gift from the museum
  • Fixed evolution bug
  • Resized fused Pokemon sprites
  • Added shinies
  • Added button to toggle auto-run
  • Added small surprise at the end of the demo!
  • Various small bug fixes
  • Increased chance of encountering regular Pokémon
  • Added items in various locations
  • Modified types (Hopefully this doesn't mess up your teams too much, sorry!)
  • Added screen for fusing Pokémon with the DNA Splicers
  • Slightly modified encounters
  • Changed the way stats are calculated (body: HP, ATK, DEF + 10 , head: SDEF, SATK, SPD +10)
  • Fusions are now determined according to gender
Bugs fixed
  • Fixed Pokemon species having missing names
  • Fixed fused Pokémon stats
  • Fixed player not being able to use Cut after talking to the Captain on the S.S. Anne
  • Game crashing when player encounters a double battle with less than 1 Pokemon in party
  • Player being sent to a Pokemart instead of home when blacking out before entering Viridian City's Pokemon Center.
  • Blue not taking the pokeballs in prof Oak's lab
  • Game crashing when player speaks with Pokemart assistant on Route 1
  • Various clipping bugs
  • House in Viridian City teleporting the player into a pole
1.4 - 1.4.1 - 1.4.2
  • Minor tweaks and fixes
1.3:
  • Various bugfixes
  • Included the dll with the RMXP library for compatibility issues
  • Added Route 6
  • Added Vermillion City
  • Added Route 9
  • Added Route 10
  • Added Route 11
  • Added wild double battles
  • Added time of the day lighting (too subtle maybe?)
1.2:
  • Added the Magikarp vendor on route 3
1.1 :
  • Fixed a few bugs
  • Added Aerodactyl, Kabuto and Omanyte when you get their fossils for the sake of having more variety in the early game (will likely be removed once Cinnabar Island is reachable)
The demo ends after the 8th gym. Don't be surprised, the file is a lot larger than other Essentials games. There are lots of files in there, most of them sprites. The game folder is a little over 1gb when extracted so don't be surprised if It takes a while to extract everything.
If you see any bugs in the demo (even small ones) or if you have any comments, suggestions about things you'd like to change, or if you just want to share your team, don't hesitate to post it in this thread!

FAQ
How do I continue playing on my save file from the previous demo?
Edit the game.ini file and change the title to “InfiniteFusion”
Alternatively, you can find your Saved file folder in C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\ and rename the folder called “InfiniteFusion” to “Pokemon Infinite Fusion”
What is the difference between the two versions?
The two versions are the exact same game, except that in Blue version, the trainers use inverse fusions. For example if a trainer has a Pikasaur in Red, the same trainer will have a Bulbachu in Blue.
A few npc trades are also different between the versions, but all Pokémon are available in both versions.
How does evolution work in the game?
Each halves of a fused Pokemon evolve separately.
So for Squirtle + Pidgey, you'll get:
Squirtgey -lvl16-> Wargey -lv18--> Wareotto -lv36--> Blasteot
Same thing with Pokemon that evolve with stone
As a note, trade evolutions now evolve at level 40.
How about the stats? How are they calculated?
As of version 3.0, stats are determined by a weighted average of individual stats.
Stats associated with the body (Attack, Defense and Speed) will be given more weight for the body's Pokemon while Special stats (Sp. Attack, Sp.Defense and HP) will be given more weight for the head's Pokemon)
So basically, the base stats will be calculated as such:
HP: (2/3) * headHP)) + ((1/3)*bodyHP))
Atk: (2/3) * bodyAtk)) + ((1/3)*headAtk))
Def: (2/3) * bodyDef)) + ((1/3)*headDef))
SpAtk: (2/3) * headSpAtk)) + ((1/3)*bodySpAtk))
SpDef: (2/3) * headSpDef)) + ((1/3)*bodySpDef))
Spd: (2/3) * bodySpd)) + ((1/3)*headSpd))
So for example, let's take a fusion between Gyarados and Caterpie .
Gyarados (HP:95 , Atk:125, Def:79 , SpAtk:60 , SpDef:100 Spd:81 )
Caterpie (HP:45 , Atk:30, Def:35 , SpAtk:20 , SpDef:20 Spd:45 )
A fusion of Gyarados as the body and Caterpie as the head would have the following stats:
Caterdos: (HP:62 , Atk:93, Def:64 , SpAtk:33 , SpDef:47, Spd:69 )
While a fusion of Caterpie as the body and Gyarados as the head would have those stats:
Gyarapie: (HP:78 , Atk:62, Def:50 , SpAtk:47 , SpDef:73, Spd:57 )

How are the types determined?

Type is determined according to the first type of the head/color Pokémon and the second type of the body Pokémon (first if it only has 1 type)
If the two types are the same, then it will be single-type.
Here are a few examples to help you visualize it better:
Bellsprout (Grass/Poison) + Mr. Mime (Psychic/Fairy) -> Bellmime (Grass/Fairy)
Kadabra (Psychic) + Zapdos (Electric/Flying) -> Kadados (Psychic/Flying)
Geodude (Rock/Ground) + Mew (Psychic) -> Geoew (Rock/Psychic)
Tentacool (Water/Poison) + Zubat (Poison/Flying) -> Zucool (Water/Flying)
Zubat (Poison/Flying) + Tentacool (Water/Poison) -> Zucool (Poison)
There are some exceptions. Normal/Flying types are considered single-type Flying, Gyarados is considered single-type water and the Ghastly line are considered single-type ghost.
How can I know which Pokemon will be the body and which one will be the head when fusing two Pokemon?
Whichever Pokemon is the highest level will be the body. The other will be the head and color.
What about movesets?

A fused Pokemon gets the full movesets of both parents.
So Blastizard will learn Hydro Pump at level 60 and then Inferno at level 62.
Which ability does a fused Pokemon get?

Fused Pokemon can get any of the four abilities from the two base Pokemon, at random.
I don't like the way my fusion turned out. Can I undo it?
You can use DNA Splicers on a fused Pokemon to unfuse it. However, you will not be able to unfuse a Pokemon that's been obtained in a trade without the upgraded DNA splicers.
I got stuck, how can I get unstuck?
You can use the DEBUGGER item to get teleported back to the last Pokemon center you’ve visited. However, use this item ONLY when absolutely necessary or it could lead to unusual behavior.
If you’ve updated the game from a previous version and don’t have the item, make sure to talk to the Update Man at the top of any Pokemon Center.
The sprites are ugly! Can't you just remake them by hand?

Even if I was a good spriter (which I'm not), there are over 20k possible combinations in the game so it's simply unrealistic to do everything by hand.
HOWEVER, you can replace the sprites yourself. Just add your Pokemon's new sprite in the Graphics/CustomSprites folder (make sure the new image is of the right dimensions and has the right name).
How does the game deal with trade evolutions
Pokemon that normally evolve by trading in the official games have been changed so that they now evolve at level 40.
This is true for all Pokemon that evolve by trading in gen 1 (Kadabra, Haunter, Machoke, Graveler)
Those are the only Pokemon whose evolution method was changed. The rest is all like in the official games.
Where can I find a list of which Pokemon can be found where?
As a general rule, the encounter locations are the same as the official gen 1 games and their remakes, with altered encounter rates to account for the fact that all Pokemon are available in one version.
Here's a pastebin of the encounter data (it's not ordered, but Ctrl+F is your friend!)

It might not be 100% up to date, but it should give a good idea of the Pokemon distribution. Tell me if you notice it's really wrong and I'll update it with the most recent file.
Can I do a nuzlocke run in this game
The game is not made with nuzlocke in mind. It is harder than your typical Pokémon game. A nuzlocke of this game is possible, but it will be very difficult.
How long is the game?
Version 3.0 ends after you get the 8th badge in Viridian City. The Pokémon league will be added in an update shortly after.
Depending on how fast you go, it should probably take you anywhere from 15 to 30 hours to finish it.
Can I get multiple save files?
Multiple save files are not officially supported. However, you can locate your save file folder in C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\Pokémon Infinite Fusion. Rename the folder to something else and start a new game. You will then be able to go back to your old save file by renaming the folder to “Pokémon Infinite Fusion” again.

Will I be able to reuse my save file in later releases of the game?
Normally you should be able to, but I can't promise anything. As long as you make sure to be in a map that hasn't changed, there shouldn't be any problems.
Keep in mind that some older areas will have changed a lot too though, so it might be nice to start a new game as well!
Why is the download taking so long?
There are over 90 000 sprites in total including shinies and backsprites (which aren't actually backsprites, but still have to be separate sprites).
I'm trying to come up with a way to reduce the amount of images in the future (putting every sprites in one picture and have the game read their position in that file or something along those lines probably), but this is still a very early work in progress at this point.
I can't find Flash to get through Rock Tunnel, where is it?
The scientist on the top floor of hotels will give it to you after you've completed 4 quests.
Will you ever add Pokemon from other generations?
The owner of the new fusion website: http://pokefusion.japeal.com/ has given me the permission to use these sprites in the game. They will be added at some point in an upcoming update.

Progress
Currently implemented features
All 22 650 Pokemon fusions, all with regular/shiny front sprites, movesets, stats, evolution levels, etc.
DNA Splicers (Item to fuse any two Pokemon together)
Wild encounters with fused Pokémn
Double wild encounters
All Pokedex entries
Story/gyms/trainers/maps up to the 8th Gym (Elite 4 not yet in)
Over 20 sidequests
Most trainers are rematchable, some will trade with you or give you extra items
Story
Two years ago, Team Rocket has introduced Pokefusions into the wild. Ever since, Pokemon Fusion have become widely used by trainers and the economy of Kanto has been blooming. However, Team Rocket appears to also be wanting to use Pokemon Fusion technology for far darker motives...
The game is closer to a romhack in spirit than to your typical Essentials game in a way.There isn't a huge focus on plot with this game .
Expect your general Pokemon experience of having a rival, gathering gym badges, challenging the elite four, etc. The usual restrictions on progression (you must have this gym badge to continue, etc.) will apply to keep a sense of progression and keep the player to go in areas with overleveled Pokemon and trainers.
The basic plot has been mapped out but I'm always open to suggestions.
I also so want to expend the Mewtwo/Cinnabar arc so it'd be nice to hear ideas on that as well.

New areas in Kanto
Aside from the regular Kanto areas, I also plan on having completely new explorable areas (because let's face it, everyone knows Kanto and there isn't much left to discover about it). It's all about having many areas with different combinations of Pokemon (and so a wider variety of wild PokeFusions).
Cinnabar volcano Cinnabar will have an actual volcano that you can explore. Inside you'll find a bunch of fire and rock Pokemon such as Magmar, Rhydon, etc. Cinnabar's gym is located within the volcano. This dungeon is also the new location of Moltres.
Celadon SewersA completely new dungeon that sprawls under Celadon City with wild Grimers and such.
Viridian River A river route that extends east of Viridian City. At the end of it you'll find some ruins of an ancient civilization.
Pewter Valley A mountainous route South of Route 3 where you can find many strong Pokémon.
Underwater: Dive will be a HM in the game so you'll be able to explore the depths of Kanto's water for the first time! They will mostly be located around Cinnabar Island and the surrounding areas. Some will provide access to otherwise unaccessible islands. You'll find a variety of Pokemon you'd normally only find by fishing such as Shellder, Krabby, etc.
Mt. Silver Not really new I guess, but it's going to be there! There won't be any Johto Pokemon though, unless I decide to add Pokemon from other generations (which would be cool but a LOT of work). And obviously you won't be able to fight Red on top because... well you're playing as him! There might be another surprise there though... You'll have to find out for yourself!
Faraway Island Again, not really new but it's going to be much bigger. You'll be able to access it via a boat in Cinnabar. It's not going to be just a small island, but rather an actual jungle filled with jungle dwelling Pokemon. You'll be able to find Pokemon like Victreebel, Vileplume, Scyther, Exeggcutor, Venomoth, Pinsir, the Bulbasaur line, etc. and all the possible fusions between them of course. And of course, that's where you'll find Mew! Aside from the truck in Vermillion
Keep in mind, those are only ideas at this stage and they're all subject to change. I definitely want to add more completely new areas to make the world even more diverse and open, but while staying true to the map.
I'm considering the forest area between Saffron and Viridian, the island east of route 14, the water route between Vermilion and the cycling road, or the mountains north of Pewter. But none of these are set in stone and I'm all for ideas of areas you'd like to see so suggest away!

Screenshots
HNQ2yCC.png

Older screenshots
T21QwPo.png

7HcYBjV.png

July 2015
GmDlvT3.png
Credits
########## CREDITS ###############
Game made by Chardub (aka Schrroms)
*This is NOT an official Pokemon game. The author of this game is not
affiliated with Nintendo in any way
##########################################################
### General graphics / Music / Intellectual property ###
###########################################################
Nintendo
GameFreak
### Fused Pokemon Sprites/Fused Pokemon names ###
Alexonsager (http://pokemon.alexonsager.net/)
##########################
## Custom Pokémon Sprites: ##
elfo_llador
baiomurang
Namagem
jordinoboy
Female Bugcatcher sprite: Serafin-Adamana (DeviantArt)
#### Pokemon Essentials ###
Maruno (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Essentials_Wiki)
### Sprites ###
Rick1234 (BW overworld sprites)
Hankiro (Oak backsprite) (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Hankiro/media/ProfOakBackSprite.png.html)
Misty VS sprite by luckygirl88 (http://luckygirl88.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-BW-Misty-Sprite-Sheet-268364830)
Lorelei VS sprite by Nalty (http://nalty.deviantart.com/art/Lorelei-VS-Sprite-177184960)
Koga OW sprite by OceansLugiaSpirit (http://oceanslugiaspirit.deviantart.com/)
### Maps ###
BenGames,Films, and More! (Pokemon Adventures in Kanto)
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=303850
Zeak6464 (Kanto Map pack)
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=345591

### Tilesets: ###
OutsideEmerald by Jorginho
ThatsSoWitty (Cave) (http://thatssowitty.deviantart.com/art/The-Public-Pokemon-Tileset-281342410)
The Public Pokemon Tileset (Assembled by ThatsSoWitty)
http://thatssowitty.deviantart.com/art/The-Public-Pokemon-Tileset-281342410
Tiles by the following DeviantArt users (in no specific order):
kyle-dove, rayd12smitty, Speedialga, Spacemotion, Alucus ,Pokemon-Diamond, kizemaru-kurunosuke, EpicDay,
Thurpok, UltimoSpriter, iametrine, Minorthreat0987 , TyranitarDark, Heavy-Metal-Lover, KKKaito,
WesleyFG, BoOmxBiG, EternalTakai, Hek-el-grande
It is assumed that these people were contacted by ThatsSoWitty and gave him their consent to use their
tiles to be used in this pack.

http://dirtywiggles.deviantart.com/art/RPG-Maker-Friendly-Tileset-5-0-generation-5-tiles-683576419
(DirtyWiggles, Shiney570, Phyromatical)
Other tiles:
chimcharsfireworkd
Rossay
Schrroms (scattered among all tilesets)
Gallanty (deviantart)
### Music ###
Pokeli https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2ccJMFWSbjklOQESSBP_dw

TailDoll666100 (Lavender Tower)
Team Rocket hideout: Kazune Sawatari http://kazune8390.g.ribbon.to/

Silph Co. : sentsinkantéun
S.S. Anne https://soundcloud.com/sentsinkanteun
Olivine City remix: REGlROCK
Pokémon Infernal Red Natural Green OST - Vermilion City : Nanashima https://www.youtube.com/user/nanashimagalaxy

Pokemon Powerplant & Pokemon mansion remix
CharizardTheMaster
Surfing theme: The Zame Jack

### Region map ###
Pokemon-Diamond (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Kanto-BW-styled-map-275298527)
### Scripts ###
Randomizer mode (adapted from)
mej71 (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=360904)
Bag Script:
Erasus (Pokecommunity)
Animated Title Screen (modified):
Luka S.J.
Randomized Pokemon Script:
Umbreon (Pokecommunity)
Unreal time system
by FL
Water bubble script
KleinStudio (http://kleinstudio.deviantart.com/art/SCRIPT-Water-Bubbles-add-on-for-Essentials-535907963)
Graphics ripped by Zenionith (http://zenionith.deviantart.com/)
Footprints script
KleinStudio (http://pokemonfangames.com/script.php?id=6)
Sootgrass script
KleinStudio (http://pokemonfangames.com/script.php?id=11)
Multiple save files 2.2 by mej71
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=323750
p.claydon
Speech Bubbles script
carmaniac
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=295277
Turbo Speed Script by Wootius
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=306037
### Playtesting ###
Playtesting for 3.0 was done by the following Discord users (unless specified), in alphabetic order.
If you helped testing and you don't see your name in the list, please contact me!
Belgianwiz, Belgipane, ChippyYYZ, Feutor, Lorita, Lukas, MonHuque, Pink God Shaun (Crazy), Token
Playtesting for 2.0 was done by the following Reddit users (unless specified), in no particular order.
raoul_d, Ddelfa, purchasedmuffin, deKruger, EternalSerpent, KARRKITT, ChippyYYZ,
daigotsurezan, someKindOfGenius, Namagem, StormConstantine, Deathdent (Pokecommunity)

### Miscellaneous ###
Infinite Fusion logo (intro)
http://textcraft.net/

Last edited:

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
I've always loved the idea of a game that's just Pokémon fusions and I'm really glad to see a project like this come as far as it has. Really hoping you can find more people to help you out with the custom sprites since there's a whole lot more that can be done with fusions than simple face swaps and palette swaps.

I don't think I've seen a project with Gen 5 assets come this far before either so props to you for making as much progress as you have.
Also, as a side note, I have an arrangement of Pallet Town's theme I never used before so if you'd like to see about using it feel free to send me a DM.

buzz_kill

Rookie
I'm really glad to see that this is still being worked on, and so close to completion. Thanks for all the hard work you are putting into it.

Angry Gamer

Rookie
You made a custom sprite for this game and you want to share it with the community?
Upload it here!
Join our Discord!
We have a subreddit! Check it out /r/PokemonInfiniteFusion!

Pokemon Infinite Fusion

Version 3.0 is now available! Scroll down to download it!
CyFaspj.png

What's new in 3.0?
  • Story up to the 8th gym
  • Unfusing Pokémon
  • HM items
  • Over 250 custom sprites made by the community
  • New UI
  • Speed up button (Ctrl key)
  • Wondertrade
  • Randomized mode
  • Several revamped areas
    And a lot more. Got to the Changelog section for the full changelog!
This is a game based on the pokemon.alexonsager.net Pokemon fusion generator.
This game re-introduces the DNA Splicers from Black and White 2... Except this time, you can use it on EVERY Pokémon!
Use them to combine any two Pokémon together into a completely new Pokémon, putting the total number of individual Pokemon available in the game to 22 801!
Features
  • Pokemon Fusion: Every Pokémon can be fused with any other Pokémon to create an entirely new species by using DNA Splicers!
  • Full Gen 5 style graphics: Revisit the Kanto region in the style of the 5th generation!
  • 22 801 Pokémon: All with unique sprites, movesets, stats and everything else that a regular Pokemon would have.
  • New areas: Find loads of previously unseen areas in the Kanto region
  • Trainer House: Take part in the trainer house challenge in Viridian City to battle against trainers with teams of completely random Pokémon to earn Trainer Points that you can spend on great prizes! (Not in current demo yet)
  • Nicknaming Pokémon directly from the menu
  • Fairy type
  • Sidequests
  • Wild double battles
  • Faster Day/Night system
And a lot more!

Download
Instructions
Choose one of the two versions. Download it and extract it to play the game. Choose on of the "Updating from a previous version" links if you don't want to redownload the 90k+ sprites.​
Red and Blue versions are exactly the same except that in Blue version, all trainers have reversed fusions. It is suggested to choose Red version if you're playing from an earlier version of the game.​
3.0 Full download:
Red version
Blue version
Updating from an earlier version
Red version
Blue version
The first thing to do after updating your game to 3.0 is to go to the top floor of a Pokémon Center and talk to the Update Man.
IMPORTANT: If you want to continue playing from an earlier Save file, you have to edit the Game.ini file and change the 4th line to
Title=InfiniteFusion

Also, if you are updating from an earlier version, you might get stuck if you last saved in a map that no longer exists. These maps depend on which version you're updating from.
To be safe, I suggest you save inside of a Pokémon Center before updating and you shouldn't run into any problems.

Changelog
Follow this link for the full 3.0 changelog
  • Bugfixes
  • Added two new quests in Celadon City hotel
  • Added items in Safari Zone
  • Bugfixes
  • Added Eevee in Celadon City
  • Added Rock Tunnel, Lavender Town, Pokémon Tower, Celadon City, Celadon Sewers, Fuchsia City, and all the routes in between.
  • Story up to Fuchsia City (5th badge)
  • Added female protagonist
  • Revamped several older maps such as Pallet Town, Viridian City, Pewter City, Route 3 and Route 9.
  • Added hotels in most cities as a hub for sidequests
  • Added dozens of sidequests
  • Added music when seen by trainers
  • Added unreal time system: 1 day = 24 minutes
  • Added a few custom fused Pokémon sprites
  • Added TMs/HMs
  • Changed a few Pokémon types (see FAQ)
  • Added Trainer House: Battle facility where you fight teams of random Pokémon to earn points.
  • Added new intro at the start of a new game
  • Changed message boxes to BW-styled speech bubbles
  • And a lot more stuff for you to discover on your own!
Older versions
  • New maps for Viridian Forest, Viridian City, Pewter City, Route 1, Route 3, and Route 9.
  • Updated Gym Leader teams
  • Fixed the bug with Cut
  • Removed Aerodactyl gift from the museum
  • Fixed evolution bug
  • Resized fused Pokemon sprites
  • Added shinies
  • Added button to toggle auto-run
  • Added small surprise at the end of the demo!
  • Various small bug fixes
  • Increased chance of encountering regular Pokémon
  • Added items in various locations
  • Modified types (Hopefully this doesn't mess up your teams too much, sorry!)
  • Added screen for fusing Pokémon with the DNA Splicers
  • Slightly modified encounters
  • Changed the way stats are calculated (body: HP, ATK, DEF + 10 , head: SDEF, SATK, SPD +10)
  • Fusions are now determined according to gender
Bugs fixed
  • Fixed Pokemon species having missing names
  • Fixed fused Pokémon stats
  • Fixed player not being able to use Cut after talking to the Captain on the S.S. Anne
  • Game crashing when player encounters a double battle with less than 1 Pokemon in party
  • Player being sent to a Pokemart instead of home when blacking out before entering Viridian City's Pokemon Center.
  • Blue not taking the pokeballs in prof Oak's lab
  • Game crashing when player speaks with Pokemart assistant on Route 1
  • Various clipping bugs
  • House in Viridian City teleporting the player into a pole
1.4 - 1.4.1 - 1.4.2
  • Minor tweaks and fixes
1.3:
  • Various bugfixes
  • Included the dll with the RMXP library for compatibility issues
  • Added Route 6
  • Added Vermillion City
  • Added Route 9
  • Added Route 10
  • Added Route 11
  • Added wild double battles
  • Added time of the day lighting (too subtle maybe?)
1.2:
  • Added the Magikarp vendor on route 3
1.1 :
  • Fixed a few bugs
  • Added Aerodactyl, Kabuto and Omanyte when you get their fossils for the sake of having more variety in the early game (will likely be removed once Cinnabar Island is reachable)
The demo ends after the 8th gym. Don't be surprised, the file is a lot larger than other Essentials games. There are lots of files in there, most of them sprites. The game folder is a little over 1gb when extracted so don't be surprised if It takes a while to extract everything.
If you see any bugs in the demo (even small ones) or if you have any comments, suggestions about things you'd like to change, or if you just want to share your team, don't hesitate to post it in this thread!​

FAQ
How do I continue playing on my save file from the previous demo?
Edit the game.ini file and change the title to “InfiniteFusion”
Alternatively, you can find your Saved file folder in C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\ and rename the folder called “InfiniteFusion” to “Pokemon Infinite Fusion”
What is the difference between the two versions?
The two versions are the exact same game, except that in Blue version, the trainers use inverse fusions. For example if a trainer has a Pikasaur in Red, the same trainer will have a Bulbachu in Blue.
A few npc trades are also different between the versions, but all Pokémon are available in both versions.
How does evolution work in the game?
Each halves of a fused Pokemon evolve separately.
So for Squirtle + Pidgey, you'll get:
Squirtgey -lvl16-> Wargey -lv18--> Wareotto -lv36--> Blasteot
Same thing with Pokemon that evolve with stone
As a note, trade evolutions now evolve at level 40.
How about the stats? How are they calculated?
As of version 3.0, stats are determined by a weighted average of individual stats.
Stats associated with the body (Attack, Defense and Speed) will be given more weight for the body's Pokemon while Special stats (Sp. Attack, Sp.Defense and HP) will be given more weight for the head's Pokemon)
So basically, the base stats will be calculated as such:
HP: (2/3) * headHP)) + ((1/3)*bodyHP))
Atk: (2/3) * bodyAtk)) + ((1/3)*headAtk))
Def: (2/3) * bodyDef)) + ((1/3)*headDef))
SpAtk: (2/3) * headSpAtk)) + ((1/3)*bodySpAtk))
SpDef: (2/3) * headSpDef)) + ((1/3)*bodySpDef))
Spd: (2/3) * bodySpd)) + ((1/3)*headSpd))
So for example, let's take a fusion between Gyarados and Caterpie .
Gyarados (HP:95 , Atk:125, Def:79 , SpAtk:60 , SpDef:100 Spd:81 )
Caterpie (HP:45 , Atk:30, Def:35 , SpAtk:20 , SpDef:20 Spd:45 )
A fusion of Gyarados as the body and Caterpie as the head would have the following stats:
Caterdos: (HP:62 , Atk:93, Def:64 , SpAtk:33 , SpDef:47, Spd:69 )
While a fusion of Caterpie as the body and Gyarados as the head would have those stats:
Gyarapie: (HP:78 , Atk:62, Def:50 , SpAtk:47 , SpDef:73, Spd:57 )

How are the types determined?

Type is determined according to the first type of the head/color Pokémon and the second type of the body Pokémon (first if it only has 1 type)
If the two types are the same, then it will be single-type.
Here are a few examples to help you visualize it better:
Bellsprout (Grass/Poison) + Mr. Mime (Psychic/Fairy) -> Bellmime (Grass/Fairy)
Kadabra (Psychic) + Zapdos (Electric/Flying) -> Kadados (Psychic/Flying)
Geodude (Rock/Ground) + Mew (Psychic) -> Geoew (Rock/Psychic)
Tentacool (Water/Poison) + Zubat (Poison/Flying) -> Zucool (Water/Flying)
Zubat (Poison/Flying) + Tentacool (Water/Poison) -> Zucool (Poison)
There are some exceptions. Normal/Flying types are considered single-type Flying, Gyarados is considered single-type water and the Ghastly line are considered single-type ghost.
How can I know which Pokemon will be the body and which one will be the head when fusing two Pokemon?
Whichever Pokemon is the highest level will be the body. The other will be the head and color.
What about movesets?

A fused Pokemon gets the full movesets of both parents.
So Blastizard will learn Hydro Pump at level 60 and then Inferno at level 62.
Which ability does a fused Pokemon get?

Fused Pokemon can get any of the four abilities from the two base Pokemon, at random.
I don't like the way my fusion turned out. Can I undo it?
You can use DNA Splicers on a fused Pokemon to unfuse it. However, you will not be able to unfuse a Pokemon that's been obtained in a trade without the upgraded DNA splicers.
I got stuck, how can I get unstuck?
You can use the DEBUGGER item to get teleported back to the last Pokemon center you’ve visited. However, use this item ONLY when absolutely necessary or it could lead to unusual behavior.
If you’ve updated the game from a previous version and don’t have the item, make sure to talk to the Update Man at the top of any Pokemon Center.
The sprites are ugly! Can't you just remake them by hand?

Even if I was a good spriter (which I'm not), there are over 20k possible combinations in the game so it's simply unrealistic to do everything by hand.
HOWEVER, you can replace the sprites yourself. Just add your Pokemon's new sprite in the Graphics/CustomSprites folder (make sure the new image is of the right dimensions and has the right name).
How does the game deal with trade evolutions
Pokemon that normally evolve by trading in the official games have been changed so that they now evolve at level 40.
This is true for all Pokemon that evolve by trading in gen 1 (Kadabra, Haunter, Machoke, Graveler)
Those are the only Pokemon whose evolution method was changed. The rest is all like in the official games.
Where can I find a list of which Pokemon can be found where?
As a general rule, the encounter locations are the same as the official gen 1 games and their remakes, with altered encounter rates to account for the fact that all Pokemon are available in one version.
Here's a pastebin of the encounter data (it's not ordered, but Ctrl+F is your friend!)
http://pastebin.com/hb1xy7BD
It might not be 100% up to date, but it should give a good idea of the Pokemon distribution. Tell me if you notice it's really wrong and I'll update it with the most recent file.
Can I do a nuzlocke run in this game
The game is not made with nuzlocke in mind. It is harder than your typical Pokémon game. A nuzlocke of this game is possible, but it will be very difficult.
How long is the game?
Version 3.0 ends after you get the 8th badge in Viridian City. The Pokémon league will be added in an update shortly after.
Depending on how fast you go, it should probably take you anywhere from 15 to 30 hours to finish it.
Can I get multiple save files?
Multiple save files are not officially supported. However, you can locate your save file folder in C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\Pokémon Infinite Fusion. Rename the folder to something else and start a new game. You will then be able to go back to your old save file by renaming the folder to “Pokémon Infinite Fusion” again.

Will I be able to reuse my save file in later releases of the game?
Normally you should be able to, but I can't promise anything. As long as you make sure to be in a map that hasn't changed, there shouldn't be any problems.
Keep in mind that some older areas will have changed a lot too though, so it might be nice to start a new game as well!
Why is the download taking so long?
There are over 90 000 sprites in total including shinies and backsprites (which aren't actually backsprites, but still have to be separate sprites).
I'm trying to come up with a way to reduce the amount of images in the future (putting every sprites in one picture and have the game read their position in that file or something along those lines probably), but this is still a very early work in progress at this point.
I can't find Flash to get through Rock Tunnel, where is it?
The scientist on the top floor of hotels will give it to you after you've completed 4 quests.
Will you ever add Pokemon from other generations?
The owner of the new fusion website: http://pokefusion.japeal.com/ has given me the permission to use these sprites in the game. They will be added at some point in an upcoming update.
General vision of the game
This game is all about having as many possibilities as possible and giving the player the choice to experiment with them. No two playthroughs will ever be the same due to the sheer amount of possible team combinations.
The game is being developed with Pokemon Essentials on RPG Maker XP. This was originally going to be a rom hack of Fire Red. But memory issues proved this to be much harder than anticipated, so RPG Maker with Pokemon Essentials was chosen instead. Because of this, the storyline sticks to the original Gen 1 games. Do not expect a completely original storyline and npc dialogs even though the region was completely remade in 5th gen graphics. It's more of a remake in spirit.
The region is more or less the same except for one big difference. You guessed it, there are fused Pokemon. You can encounter fused Pokemon in the wild, just like you can encounter regular Pokemon. In every area, you can find the Pokemon you'd normally find them, plus every possible fusions between the Pokemon that live in this area.
So for example, on Route 1 you can find Pidgey and Rattata, which you can normally find there, but you can also find Ratgey and Pidtata.
Legendary Pokemon will not be fused in the wild, but you'll still be able to manually fuse them with any other Pokemon. You only get one of each though so fusing your precious Mewtwo with a Caterpie might not be the wisest choice. You're still allowed to do it if you so choose though!
The DNA Splicers from B2/W2 makes a comeback, but as a regular item this time. They can be used to fuse any two normal Pokemon together. They're only good for one use, but you can find more in every PokeMart.
Trainers will use Pokemon fusions. They will mostly use fusions of Pokemon that aren't found in the same area. That way, they will be different from the ones you see in the wild. Wild fused-Pokemon, while already very diverse, are only a small fraction of the massive Pokedex. This will give the player the opportunity to think "Oh that combination looks cool, I should try it" and give him an incentive to experiment with manually fusing Pokemon instead of just using the ones you find in the wild. Some trainers will also offer you to trade any of your Pokemon for one of their's after you fight them or give you items.
Progress
Currently implemented features
All 22 650 Pokemon fusions, all with regular/shiny front sprites, movesets, stats, evolution levels, etc.
DNA Splicers (Item to fuse any two Pokemon together)
Wild encounters (both regular and fused pokemon can be encountered)
Double WIld encounters (There's a chance to have a double battle during a wild encounter)
All Pokedex entries
Story/gyms/trainers/maps up to the 8th Gym (Elite 4 not yet in)
Story
Two years ago, Team Rocket has introduced Pokefusions into the wild. Ever since, Pokemon Fusion have become widely used by trainers and the economy of Kanto has been blooming. However, Team Rocket appears to also be wanting to use Pokemon Fusion technology for far darker motives...
The game is closer to a romhack in spirit than to your typical Essentials game in a way.There isn't a huge focus on plot with this game .
Expect your general Pokemon experience of having a rival, gathering gym badges, challenging the elite four, etc. The usual restrictions on progression (you must have this gym badge to continue, etc.) will apply to keep a sense of progression and keep the player to go in areas with overleveled Pokemon and trainers.
The basic plot has been mapped out but I'm always open to suggestions.
I also so want to expend the Mewtwo/Cinnabar arc so it'd be nice to hear ideas on that as well.

New areas in Kanto
Aside from the regular Kanto areas, I also plan on having completely new explorable areas (because let's face it, everyone knows Kanto and there isn't much left to discover about it). It's all about having many areas with different combinations of Pokemon (and so a wider variety of wild PokeFusions).
Cinnabar volcano Cinnabar will have an actual volcano that you can explore. Inside you'll find a bunch of fire and rock Pokemon such as Magmar, Rhydon, etc. Cinnabar's gym is located within the volcano. This dungeon is also the new location of Moltres.
Celadon SewersA completely new dungeon that sprawls under Celadon City with wild Grimers and such.
Viridian River A river route that extends east of Viridian City. At the end of it you'll find some ruins of an ancient civilization.
Pewter Valley A mountainous route South of Route 3 where you can find many strong Pokémon.
Underwater: Dive will be a HM in the game so you'll be able to explore the depths of Kanto's water for the first time! They will mostly be located around Cinnabar Island and the surrounding areas. Some will provide access to otherwise unaccessible islands. You'll find a variety of Pokemon you'd normally only find by fishing such as Shellder, Krabby, etc.
Mt. Silver Not really new I guess, but it's going to be there! There won't be any Johto Pokemon though, unless I decide to add Pokemon from other generations (which would be cool but a LOT of work). And obviously you won't be able to fight Red on top because... well you're playing as him! There might be another surprise there though... You'll have to find out for yourself!
Faraway Island Again, not really new but it's going to be much bigger. You'll be able to access it via a boat in Cinnabar. It's not going to be just a small island, but rather an actual jungle filled with jungle dwelling Pokemon. You'll be able to find Pokemon like Victreebel, Vileplume, Scyther, Exeggcutor, Venomoth, Pinsir, the Bulbasaur line, etc. and all the possible fusions between them of course. And of course, that's where you'll find Mew! Aside from the truck in Vermillion
Keep in mind, those are only ideas at this stage and they're all subject to change. I definitely want to add more completely new areas to make the world even more diverse and open, but while staying true to the map.
I'm considering the forest area between Saffron and Viridian, the island east of route 14, the water route between Vermilion and the cycling road, or the mountains north of Pewter. But none of these are set in stone and I'm all for ideas of areas you'd like to see so suggest away!
Videos
Here's a trailer for demo 2.0!
[YOUTUBE]HCpnbjTVEEw[/YOUTUBE]
More videos
This is a preview of the Trainer House. It's a Battle facility in which you face teams of random Pokémon!
There's only a 0.000000000009% chance of facing the same team twice! (ie, it won't happen!)
[YOUTUBE]86PUzECQoNI[/YOUTUBE]
Screenshots
HNQ2yCC.png

Older screenshots
T21QwPo.png

7HcYBjV.png

July 2015
GmDlvT3.png
Credits
########## CREDITS ###############
Game made by Chardub (aka Schrroms)
*This is NOT an official Pokemon game. The author of this game is not
affiliated with Nintendo in any way
### General graphics / Music / Intellectual property ###
Nintendo
GameFreak
### Fused Pokemon Sprites/Fused Pokemon names ###
Alexonsager (http://pokemon.alexonsager.net/)
## Custom Pokémon Sprites: ##
elfo_llador
baiomurang
Namagem
jordinoboy
Female Bugcatcher sprite: Serafin-Adamana (DeviantArt)
#### Pokemon Essentials ###
Maruno (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Essentials_Wiki)
### Sprites ###
Rick1234 (BW overworld sprites)
Hankiro (Oak backsprite) (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Hankiro/media/ProfOakBackSprite.png.html)
Misty VS sprite by luckygirl88 (http://luckygirl88.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-BW-Misty-Sprite-Sheet-268364830)
Lorelei VS sprite by Nalty (http://nalty.deviantart.com/art/Lorelei-VS-Sprite-177184960)
Koga OW sprite by OceansLugiaSpirit (http://oceanslugiaspirit.deviantart.com/)
### Maps ###
BenGames,Films, and More! (Pokemon Adventures in Kanto)
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=303850
Zeak6464 (Kanto Map pack)
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=345591

### Tilesets: ###
OutsideEmerald by Jorginho
ThatsSoWitty (Cave) (http://thatssowitty.deviantart.com/art/The-Public-Pokemon-Tileset-281342410)
The Public Pokemon Tileset (Assembled by ThatsSoWitty)
http://thatssowitty.deviantart.com/art/The-Public-Pokemon-Tileset-281342410
Tiles by the following DeviantArt users (in no specific order):
kyle-dove, rayd12smitty, Speedialga, Spacemotion, Alucus ,Pokemon-Diamond, kizemaru-kurunosuke, EpicDay,
Thurpok, UltimoSpriter, iametrine, Minorthreat0987 , TyranitarDark, Heavy-Metal-Lover, KKKaito,
WesleyFG, BoOmxBiG, EternalTakai, Hek-el-grande
It is assumed that these people were contacted by ThatsSoWitty and gave him their consent to use their
tiles to be used in this pack.

http://dirtywiggles.deviantart.com/art/RPG-Maker-Friendly-Tileset-5-0-generation-5-tiles-683576419
(DirtyWiggles, Shiney570, Phyromatical)
Other tiles:
chimcharsfireworkd
Rossay
Schrroms (scattered among all tilesets)
Gallanty (deviantart)
### Music ###
Pokeli https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2ccJMFWSbjklOQESSBP_dw

TailDoll666100 (Lavender Tower)
Team Rocket hideout: Kazune Sawatari http://kazune8390.g.ribbon.to/

Silph Co. : sentsinkantéun
S.S. Anne https://soundcloud.com/sentsinkanteun
Olivine City remix: REGlROCK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk0NzwEZTz4
Pokémon Infernal Red Natural Green OST - Vermilion City : Nanashima https://www.youtube.com/user/nanashimagalaxy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9XKnGRmB18
Pokemon Powerplant & Pokemon mansion remix
CharizardTheMaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3G73gGCabs
Surfing theme: The Zame Jack
https://soundcloud.com/user-272720300/surfing-kanto-remastered
### Region map ###
Pokemon-Diamond (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Kanto-BW-styled-map-275298527)
### Scripts ###
Randomizer mode (adapted from)
mej71 (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=360904)
Bag Script:
Erasus (Pokecommunity)
Animated Title Screen (modified):
Luka S.J.
Randomized Pokemon Script:
Umbreon (Pokecommunity)
Unreal time system
by FL
Water bubble script
KleinStudio (http://kleinstudio.deviantart.com/art/SCRIPT-Water-Bubbles-add-on-for-Essentials-535907963)
Graphics ripped by Zenionith (http://zenionith.deviantart.com/)
Footprints script
KleinStudio (http://pokemonfangames.com/script.php?id=6)
Sootgrass script
KleinStudio (http://pokemonfangames.com/script.php?id=11)
Multiple save files 2.2 by mej71
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=323750
p.claydon
Speech Bubbles script
carmaniac
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=295277
Turbo Speed Script by Wootius
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=306037
### Playtesting ###
Playtesting for 3.0 was done by the following Discord users (unless specified), in alphabetic order.
If you helped testing and you don't see your name in the list, please contact me!
Belgianwiz, Belgipane, ChippyYYZ, Feutor, Lorita, Lukas, MonHuque, Pink God Shaun (Crazy), Token
Playtesting for 2.0 was done by the following Reddit users (unless specified), in no particular order.
raoul_d, Ddelfa, purchasedmuffin, deKruger, EternalSerpent, KARRKITT, ChippyYYZ,
daigotsurezan, someKindOfGenius, Namagem, StormConstantine, Deathdent (Pokecommunity)

### Miscellaneous ###
Infinite Fusion logo (intro)
http://textcraft.net/

Again, I'm absolutely open to ideas on features, how certain mechanics should be done, etc.
Feedback is always much appreciated of course.

~~Will edit as I progress~~

Hey for some stupid reason, some 4th and 5th gen abilties, like magic guard are not availible after fusion, could you look into that? Would be greatful and love your guys work!

Chopper182

Rookie
Can anyone tell me why i cannot use strength outside of battle in pokemon infinite fusion? I have the rainbow badge and after i beat erika she told me pokemon up to lvl 50 will obay, and that i can use strength outside of battle. However, everytime i try to it says a new badge is required..help

Zoroark550

Rookie
Is this game completed or still being worked on, and also how many generations of Pokemon are in this game?

Back