• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Improved Battle AI for Essentials v20.1 1.2.2

KRLW890

The Beast
KRLW890 submitted a new resource:

Improved Battle AI for Essentials v20.1 - It's the battle AI... except it won't spam resisted moves

I don't know about you, but I've gotten tired of trying to make good, interesting teams for gym leaders only for the AI to pilot it like a braindead possum. And the only improved AI scripts I've been able to find are for previous versions of Essentials and don't work with 20.1, so I went in myself and made some quick tweaks:
  • The AI favors higher-scoring moves much more than before; this scales with trainer skill level
  • Entry hazards have higher scores
  • Weather-setting moves'...

Read more about this resource...

Cross Agento

Novice
Overall, this is really well done! Just one thing, I had a Hex/Will-o-Wisp set on a Cofagrigus in a double battle, but for some reason, it will keep using Will-o-Wisp on the already burned target and never using any other moves.

KRLW890

The Beast

MakerBlack

Trainer
I appreciate this script, but I have a question, how do I get wild ones to be smart too? Would you like to add some measure of skill to them?

KRLW890

The Beast
I appreciate this script, but I have a question, how do I get wild ones to be smart too? Would you like to add some measure of skill to them?
Wild Pokemon always choose their moves randomly. I could add an option to make them follow the trainer logic, but that might take some time since it's pretty heavily baked into the system.

Zardae

Novice
I was tasked to downgrade your code to v19.1. I hope that's not a problem for you!

SolarisCat

Rookie
Trainers cant do anything, me and my friend have same issue and we both use this plugin

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 102

KRLW890

The Beast
Trainers cant do anything, me and my friend have same issue and we both use this plugin
There was another person who also had this issue, but I've never been able to replicate the problem myself. Try removing the AI_EffectScores script included in this plugin (not the one in base Essentials) and see if that fixes it. This will remove some adjustments made to the AI to favor certain moves, but you'll still get the improved move selection logic at the end. If this doesn't fix it, I'm really not sure what to do.

SolarisCat

Rookie
It seems to still be doing the same thing, and trainers still dont work

Attachments

• 1686594394087.png
    1686594394087.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 81

Lucidious89

Champion

superdude001

Rookie
Hi there, not sure if this thread is still monitored, but I started using this plugin (love it, it really makes the AI much more of a challenge) and I recently received an error when in a battle. So far, it only appears to happen against one trainer. The Pokemon has a moveset of Sky Attack, Giga Drain, Defend ORder, and Judgement. Giga Drain and Judgement work fine, but when it tries to use either of the other two moves it gives that error. The game doesn't crash, it just skips the trainer's turn and the player's attack commences. If I remove Giga Drain and Judgement from the Pokemon's moveset and battle it, Sky Attack and Defend Order work without issue.

Edit So through trial and error, it seems that this only happens when the enemy Pokemon battles against the player's Drifblim? Regardless of the moveset, or how many moves the enemy Pokemon knows, this error will pop up when battling a Drifblim. I have no idea why. I'm so puzzled by this. Makes me wonder what other issues like this have gone undetected so far in my playtesting. Any insight to what could be the root cause of this would be greatly appreciated!

9HVBwgC.png

Last edited:

KRLW890

The Beast
KRLW890 updated Improved Battle AI for Essentials v20.1 with a new update entry:

v1.2.1 - bug fixes + items

Fixed a bug that could skip the opponent's turn and made the AI more responsive to certain held items:
  • An opponent holding Heat, Damp, Smooth or Icy Rock will be much more likely to select the corresponding weather-setting move if it knows the move.
  • An opponent holding Light Clay will be much more likely to select Reflect, Light Screen, or Aurora Viel (in Hail) if it knows the move(s).
  • An opponent holding Terrain Extender will be much more likely to select a terrain-setting...

Read the rest of this update entry...

KRLW890

The Beast
Hi there, not sure if this thread is still monitored, but I started using this plugin (love it, it really makes the AI much more of a challenge) and I recently received an error when in a battle. So far, it only appears to happen against one trainer. The Pokemon has a moveset of Sky Attack, Giga Drain, Defend ORder, and Judgement. Giga Drain and Judgement work fine, but when it tries to use either of the other two moves it gives that error. The game doesn't crash, it just skips the trainer's turn and the player's attack commences. If I remove Giga Drain and Judgement from the Pokemon's moveset and battle it, Sky Attack and Defend Order work without issue.

Edit So through trial and error, it seems that this only happens when the enemy Pokemon battles against the player's Drifblim? Regardless of the moveset, or how many moves the enemy Pokemon knows, this error will pop up when battling a Drifblim. I have no idea why. I'm so puzzled by this. Makes me wonder what other issues like this have gone undetected so far in my playtesting. Any insight to what could be the root cause of this would be greatly appreciated!

9HVBwgC.png

Hi, thanks for reporting this. This is actually an issue I found and fixed a while ago, but turns out I never posted the update that fixed that, my bad! Just uploaded a new version that fixes this bug and makes the AI more sensitive to certain held items.

superdude001

Rookie
Thank you so much for replying so quickly! I just downloaded the update and tried it out. This seems to have fixed the issue! Much appreciated, and thank you for all of your hard work on this plugin! It's such a good QOL to have.

Roukam

Rookie
Is it possible to create a script for the AI to save his best pokemon for last?

Back