• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon: Salt & Shadow

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
HcJ8MZV.png
icVPnDZ.png

FVSS3O6.png
sKSLAxB.png

Are you ready for a new challenge?

Defy the perils of Cradle Island in Pokémon: Salt & Shadow. Explore a vast, interconnected world with dozens of possible paths to the end. Be warned, the challenges ahead are unfair and some may seem truly impossible.

kQjoNqk.png
1. Just 13 Days Remain
Each time you rest to heal your fainted Pokémon, time advances one day. There are only 13 days left until the end of the world. Players will have to use their items, minimize damage, and make strategic sacrifices to get the most out of every day.
pbUXJR0.png
2. Pokémon Can’t Gain XP in Battle
Build a team from the Pokémon available in the areas you’ve unlocked. Use them to defeat the trainers that block access to higher level areas. The best way to improve your team’s power is to catch a higher level Pokémon. This means your team is always changing, your strategies always adapting.
4R8ss3U.png
3. Summon the Legends
The legendary Pokémon abandoned the world to ruin. Only offerings from those with the will to defy fate can bring them back. Catch specific sets of Pokémon to perform the summoning rituals, then call the legends to fight by your side.
DKAAkvP.png
4. Metroidvania-Style World
The world is filled with branching paths, shortcuts, secrets, and side-quests. Explore the many branching paths and defeat their guardians to unlock new areas. Optional mini-bosses guard unique rewards such as a Seamother's Tear (which can make a Pokémon of any level evolve) and the Omega Ring (which lets players mega-evolve once per TURN instead of once per battle).
i9YDhiw.png
5. Build for Double Battles
Nearly every challenge in Salt & Shadow is a double battle. This opens new team-building possibilities and gives players far more options on every turn. PvE players rarely get to explore the many doubles-specific moves and mechanics. This is a great introduction for players new to the format, while veterans can play on the game’s harder difficulty: Perish Mode.

Quick Facts
  • Playtime: Typically between 15-40 hours, depending on how many optional quests you do.
  • Uses Pokémon up through Gen 8 (Sword & Shield).
  • TMs can be used on any Pokémon with a matching type! Some new movesets are available, strictly adding to existing ones.
  • Run from trainer battles! Scout ahead and prepare for the foes to come.
  • Created with Pokemon Essentials v19.1, featuring Generation 8 Project.

How to Download

1. Click the link above.
  2. The PkmnSalt&Shadow.zip file should download automatically. (If it doesn't, there should be a "Download" button you can press)
  3. Once the PkmnSalt&Shadow.zip file has been downloaded, open it and press the Extract All button. (You can also open your Downloads folder, right click it, and click "Extract All...") It will extract the game files into the location of your choice.
  4. In the location you chose (default is Downloads/PkmnSalt&Shadow), run Game.exe. If Windows SmartScreen tries to stop you, you may need to press "More Info" and then "Run anyway".
Developer Discord Server

Want to ask questions, leave feedback, or just chat with the devs? We'd love to have you. You can join the Salt & Shadow discord server here.

Who the heck are you guys?

We're a group of friends that did a game jam about "Pokémon meets Dark Souls" and it turned into a one-year-long project. We've had so much fun working on it, testing out all the various routes and finding new ways to overcome the game's many challenges. Each time we did, we made things a little harder.

Credits

Pokémon: Salt & Shadow:
Created By:
Benjamin Arvey
Reuben Covington
Dan Felder
Will Kolada

Featuring art by:
Alice Fae
Sis Calypsis

Pokémon Music from:
ENLS's Pre-Looped Music Library

Special Thanks to:
Zeu and the Pokémon Tectonic team
Aleco Pors

Pokemon Essentials v19.1:
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Boushy, Brother1440, FL., Genzai Kawakami, Golisopod User, help-14, IceGod64, Jacob O. Wobbrock, KitsuneKouta, Lisa Anthony, Luka S.J., Marin, MiDas Mike, Near Fantastica, PinkMan, Popper, Rataime, Savordez, SoundSpawn, the__end, Venom12, Wachunga, and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z":
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Generation 8 Project:
  • Battler Sprites:
    • Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
    • Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
    • Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
  • Overworld Sprites
    • Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
    • Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62
    • Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer
  • Icon Sprites
    • Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
    • Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
  • Cry Credits:
    • Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
    • Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
  • PBS Credits:
    • Golisopod User, Zerokid, TheToxic, HM100, KyureJL, ErwanBeurier
  • Script Credits:
    • EBS Bitmap Wrapper - Luka S.J.
    • Gen 8 Scripts - Golisopod User, Maruno, Vendily, TheToxic, HM100, Aioross, WolfPP, MFilice, lolface, KyureJL, DarrylBD99, Turn20Negate, TheKandinavian, ErwanBeurier
  • Compilation of Resources:
    • Golisopod User, UberDunsparce
  • Porting to v19:
    • Golisopod User, Maruno

Gen 9 Move Animation Project:
Thanks to the Reborn team for letting people use their resources. You are awesome.
Gen 8 Animation Project lead by StCooler, with additional contributions by DarrylBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer, riddlemeree
Thanks to BellBlitzKing for his Pokemon Sound Effects Pack: Gen 1 to Gen 7 - All Attacks SFX.
Gen 9 Animation Project led by KRLW890 and Nut0066, with additional contributions by Toxillian, QuahogTheCreator, Lcorp, and Shashu-Greninja

Plugin Credits:
Advanced HM Items (modified, v1.0.1)
Moyo, Marin, http404error

Auto Multi Save (v1.2)
http404error

v19.1 Hotfixes (v1.0.7)
Maruno

Additional graphics:
Crystal sprite by AntumDeluge (OpenGameArt.org, CC0)
Nurse Joy sprite by PokeJosh (DeviantArt)
Summit View assets by Szadi Art (itch.io)
Selected LA and Gen 9 sprites by KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, G.E.Z. (smogon.com)

Attachments

• showcase.png
    showcase.png
    134.5 KB · Views: 11,194
  • image9.png
    image9.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 8,042
  • title.png
    title.png
    227 KB · Views: 6,857
Last edited:

http404error

Discord: http404error#4585
Perish Song has been updated to version 1.1. This update fixes some critical bugs, as well as adding a small amount of new content.

Patch notes:
  • Lots of in-game messages are clarified, including beds, the map, TMs, and Obsidian Urns.
  • Fountains contain new stuff now. You can revisit them even if you got items from them before.
  • Croagunk buffs! Also Poison Jab TM now obtainable.
  • Fixes to some critical bugs with running out of days, and also the 150-species-caught reward.
  • Filled in Move Relearner edge cases. Grimmsnarl has dual screens by level-up now. Room Service can be properly flung now.
  • Kirlia is correctly obtainable now.

http404error

Updated to version 1.1.1. Fixed some more minor bugs, and changed one song.

• Fixed bug with the reward from the Hive, and encountering certain Pokemon.
  • Fixed getting put inside of a trainer when you return to Boiling Sands from Feverthorn, if you hadn't already beaten them.
  • Fixed error when attempting to throw a ball at a trainer's Pokemon.
  • Changed Deepwood music.

safr

Elite Trainer
I try the game although i pretty much suck in horror game😢
My impression because I'm still playing probably in early or maybe half of the game this game is psychological horror, the main attraction is this game is not collecting pokemon but lore and story, in this game the story is more you search the truth more you question because the clue you got is from many note and journals leave behind by many people from several points of view and i think this is make pretty good narrative horror physiology game

Although i still not finish the game because I'm suck on scary things, i want to say thank you for the game, i don't know if you will make another fangame again in the future maybe in different genre more traditional with gym or not what Important is yeah thank you and stay healthy 👍☺️

Crey

Rookie
View attachment 15077View attachment 15084
Are you ready for a new challenge?

Defy the perils of Cradle Island in Pokémon: Perish Song. Explore a vast, interconnected world with dozens of possible paths to the end. Be warned, the challenges ahead are unfair and some may seem truly impossible.

1. Summon the Legends
The legendary Pokémon abandoned the world to ruin. Only offerings from those with the will to defy fate can bring them back. Catch specific sets of Pokémon to perform the summoning rituals, then call the legends to fight by your side.

2. No Grinding. Ever.
Pokémon cannot be trained. They cannot gain XP from battle. The treachery of the former Champion ensured this. Players will have to use strategy to defeat powerful opponents with the Pokémon they have, making their way to higher level areas where they can catch a more powerful team.

3. Just 13 Days Remain
Each time you rest to heal your fainted Pokémon, time advances one day. There are only 13 days left until the end of the world. Players will have to use their items, minimize damage, and make strategic sacrifices to get the most out of every day.

4. Non-Linear World
Powerful trainers guard late-game areas, the moment you can defeat them you can go through. Even the Champion's throne room sits just above the starting area.

5. Unravel the Secrets of Cradle Isle
Item descriptions and scattered journals slowly reveal the truth of the island's past. They also hint at hidden areas, secret objectives, and more.

Quick Facts
  • Playtime: ~10-20 hours.
  • Uses Pokémon up through Gen 8 (Sword & Shield).
  • TMs can be used on any Pokémon with a matching type! Some new movesets are available, strictly adding to existing ones.
  • Run from trainer battles! Scout ahead and prepare for the foes to come.
  • Created with Pokemon Essentials v19.1, featuring Generation 8 Project.

How to Download

1. Click the link above.
  2. The PerishSong.zip file should download automatically. (If it doesn't, there should be a "Download" button you can press)
  3. Once the PerishSong.zip file has been downloaded, open it and press the Extract All button. (You can also open your Downloads folder, right click it, and click "Extract All...") It will extract the game files into the location of your choice.
  4. In the location you chose (default is Downloads/PerishSong), run Game.exe. If Windows SmartScreen tries to stop you, you may need to press "More Info" and then "Run anyway".
Developer Discord Server

Want to ask questions, leave feedback, or just chat with the devs? We'd love to have you. You can join the Perish Song discord server here.

Who the heck are you guys?

We're a group of friends that did a game jam about "Pokémon meets Dark Souls" and it turned into a one-year-long project. We've had so much fun working on it, testing out all the various routes and finding new ways to overcome the game's many challenges. Each time we did, we made things a little harder.

Credits
Perish Song:
Created By:
Benjamin Arvey
Reuben Covington
Dan Felder
Aleco Pors

With art by:
Alice Fae

Special Thanks to:
Zeu and the Pokémon Tectonic team

Pokémon Music from:
ENLS's Pre-Looped Music Library

Pokemon Essentials v19.1:
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
AvatarMonkeyKirby, Boushy, Brother1440, FL., Genzai Kawakami, Golisopod User, help-14, IceGod64, Jacob O. Wobbrock, KitsuneKouta, Lisa Anthony, Luka S.J., Marin, MiDas Mike, Near Fantastica, PinkMan, Popper, Rataime, Savordez, SoundSpawn, the__end, Venom12, Wachunga, and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Generation 8 Project:
  • Battler Sprites:
    • Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
    • Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
    • Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
  • Overworld Sprites
    • Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
    • Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62
    • Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer
  • Icon Sprites
    • Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
    • Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
  • Cry Credits:
    • Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
    • Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
    • Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
  • PBS Credits:
    • Golisopod User, Zerokid, TheToxic, HM100, KyureJL, ErwanBeurier
  • Script Credits:
    • EBS Bitmap Wrapper - Luka S.J.
    • Gen 8 Scripts - Golisopod User, Maruno, Vendily, TheToxic, HM100, Aioross, WolfPP, MFilice, lolface, KyureJL, DarrylBD99, Turn20Negate, TheKandinavian, ErwanBeurier
  • Compilation of Resources:
    • Golisopod User, UberDunsparce
  • Porting to v19:
    • Golisopod User, Maruno

Plugin Credits:
Advanced HM Items (modified, v1.0.1)
Moyo, Marin, http404error

Auto Multi Save (v1.2)
http404error

v19.1 Hotfixes (v1.0.7)
Maruno

Additional graphics:

View attachment 15085
I completed the game today and it was an amazing experience. But i wanna know, is there gonna be something after we defeated the error? I defeated it and the editors note was pretty gud but i wanted to go back to the world. I loved this game and would like to continue the journey.

Best wishes for your next project.

http404error

I try the game although i pretty much suck in horror game😢
My impression because I'm still playing probably in early or maybe half of the game this game is psychological horror, the main attraction is this game is not collecting pokemon but lore and story, in this game the story is more you search the truth more you question because the clue you got is from many note and journals leave behind by many people from several points of view and i think this is make pretty good narrative horror physiology game

Although i still not finish the game because I'm suck on scary things, i want to say thank you for the game, i don't know if you will make another fangame again in the future maybe in different genre more traditional with gym or not what Important is yeah thank you and stay healthy 👍☺️
Thank for playing our game! I'm glad the story was interesting and motivating to you. I also hope that you are able to continue! I think the Lighthouse is probably the darkest part overall, in terms of tone.

I completed the game today and it was an amazing experience. But i wanna know, is there gonna be something after we defeated the error? I defeated it and the editors note was pretty gud but i wanted to go back to the world. I loved this game and would like to continue the journey.

Best wishes for your next project.
Congrats on your true victory. We hear and share your desire for a post-game, but we didn't want to put one in without giving it some additional story work to make that make sense. We might someday add one, or we might not. While the story in the game ends there, I like to imagine that the Wanderer was then given the choice of where to go next: to the known, or to the unknown.

Crey

Rookie
Thank for playing our game! I'm glad the story was interesting and motivating to you. I also hope that you are able to continue! I think the Lighthouse is probably the darkest part overall, in terms of tone.

Congrats on your true victory. We hear and share your desire for a post-game, but we didn't want to put one in without giving it some additional story work to make that make sense. We might someday add one, or we might not. While the story in the game ends there, I like to imagine that the Wanderer was then given the choice of where to go next: to the known, or to the unknown.
Thats what I was thinking I would get afterwards. I hope it happens.

Rem_Winchester

Rookie
Spoiler-free review here!

I want to preface this by saying: I am not the target audience for this game. I don't play Souls-like games, and everything that I play is on the easiest mode available. When I play Pokemon, I go into fights as over-leveled and over-prepared as I can manage; I load up my Pokemon with as many hard-hitting moves as I can and I go to town without the fuss of strategy. Heck, I tend to ignore things like the post-game Battle Towers and such because it just doesn't interest me.

So when I say that this game was a freaking GIFT and I LOVED IT SO MUCH, I want you to understand how much that means.

Everything was so good, I'm not even sure where to start. The whole game took everything that I knew about Pokemon and tilted it sideways, but it all felt enormously rewarding. The lack of direction was deliberate and unsettling. The twisted lore that we're fed through little notes was enough to give me the creeps, but then y'all went a step further and gave Trainers creepy eldritch-sounding names too! Aesthetic perfection.

One thing I particularly loved was the rewards that became available after the bosses. We get through these grueling fights that you won through strategy or luck or throwing yourself bodily against them until they fell over before you did, and then we are rewarded with things like Master Balls and multiple TMs and evolution items and some other really outstanding benefits. The euphoria of beating a difficult boss was enhanced even further by the awesome stuff we got afterwards.

I haven't finished the game yet, but I still wanted to come and say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for such an unexpected and phenomenal experience. Y'all did a great job with this and I'm so so happy that you chose to share it with us.

DanF

Rookie
Spoiler-free review here!

I want to preface this by saying: I am not the target audience for this game. I don't play Souls-like games, and everything that I play is on the easiest mode available. When I play Pokemon, I go into fights as over-leveled and over-prepared as I can manage; I load up my Pokemon with as many hard-hitting moves as I can and I go to town without the fuss of strategy. Heck, I tend to ignore things like the post-game Battle Towers and such because it just doesn't interest me.

So when I say that this game was a freaking GIFT and I LOVED IT SO MUCH, I want you to understand how much that means.

Everything was so good, I'm not even sure where to start. The whole game took everything that I knew about Pokemon and tilted it sideways, but it all felt enormously rewarding. The lack of direction was deliberate and unsettling. The twisted lore that we're fed through little notes was enough to give me the creeps, but then y'all went a step further and gave Trainers creepy eldritch-sounding names too! Aesthetic perfection.

One thing I particularly loved was the rewards that became available after the bosses. We get through these grueling fights that you won through strategy or luck or throwing yourself bodily against them until they fell over before you did, and then we are rewarded with things like Master Balls and multiple TMs and evolution items and some other really outstanding benefits. The euphoria of beating a difficult boss was enhanced even further by the awesome stuff we got afterwards.

I haven't finished the game yet, but I still wanted to come and say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for such an unexpected and phenomenal experience. Y'all did a great job with this and I'm so so happy that you chose to share it with us.

Thank you. I'm glad you're having so much fun playing our game. :)

We're going to be adding a notable patch, inlcuding some things I'm quite excited about, in a day or two. When it's out you'll be able to download the game again to get the new content without losing your save file.

Good luck out there. Just remember: The Champion will Reign Forever.

http404error

Perish Song has been updated to version 1.2. This update adds a bunch of new content.

Patch highlights:
  • There is a large new quest.
  • Frozen Hope has a more fully fledged area to explore. Are you excited for ice puzzles?
  • Improved movesets for Charmander, Kabutops, Omastar, Gyarados, Mawile, Bulbasaur, Tangela. Buffed the Nightmare Child.
  • Added a bunch of TMs to the world and to shops. There's also a way to get access to more level-up moves now.
Finding the new quest:
It starts in Journey's End, which is the courtyard of the Champion's Throne, just north of Ranger's Rest.

Other patch notes:
  • Smart autosaves in the Throne.
  • Certain moves in a secret boss work better now.
  • Most unfarmable Pokemon will have 3 perfect IVs now.
  • Default settings for resolution and audio are more sensible. Jingles and such are quieter too.
  • New dragons in dragon cave.
  • Treasure Keeper recipe changed.
  • The Crimson Vanquisher has better hints now.
  • Vulpix no longer switches abilities when evolving.
  • All PC box wallpapers are unlocked.
  • Fixed the move Aromatherapy.
  • Some trees stay dead now. Anti-softlock measures for HMs have been deployed.
Super duper ending spoilers:
Under certain ending circumstances, you can now return to the island after beating the game.

Last edited:

http404error

Updated to 1.2.1 to fix some bugs with the new quest.
If you already talked to Lara (red hair) in v1.2 and got a certain item from her, you'll need to go talk to her again to trigger the appearance of new items.

Edit: 1.2.2 live with another bugfix.

Last edited:

http404error

Updated to 1.2.4 with more bugfixes and quality of life improvements.

1.2.3 patch notes:
  • Fixed a bug with Micah, and with changes in the reward cycles between patches.
  • You can now use the new key item from your item hotkey!
1.2.4 patch notes:
  • Fixed some places you can get stuck with the Memory of Flight. The common one was Farmlands after a certain quest trigger.
  • Reduced frequency of animations in grass, to hopefully reduce associated lag.
  • Improved New Game messages. Improved Control Bindings (F1) screen.

TheGamingPaladin

TheGamingPaladin - Youtuber, Foodie, Gamer 4 Life
i'm gonna be honest, i dont respond well to games with time limits, but i definitely want to try this out, so i'm downloading it, because it's a cool premise and i'm just a stick in the mud when it comes to time constraints. XD

http404error

i'm gonna be honest, i dont respond well to games with time limits, but i definitely want to try this out, so i'm downloading it, because it's a cool premise and i'm just a stick in the mud when it comes to time constraints. XD
I'm right there with you! Normally these kinds of things are not my jam at all. I don't want to spoil anything but I'm totally sure that you'll find plenty to discover and enjoy along your journey. If you need any tips feel free to hop in the discord. Feedback is always welcome too, when you do get around to trying it.

Ashgamer

Rookie
I just completed the game and it's a totally new experience for me. I played a lot of fan games but this one is totally different and the ending was awesome. The new no exp mechanic is so good and forces you to think strategies to defeat opponents. I loved this game so much please makes new games like this one.👍👍👍👍👍
Screenshot 2023-02-22 174806.png

DanF

Rookie
I just completed the game and it's a totally new experience for me. I played a lot of fan games but this one is totally different and the ending was awesome. The new no exp mechanic is so good and forces you to think strategies to defeat opponents. I loved this game so much please makes new games like this one.👍👍👍👍👍
Congratulations! I see you got the secret ending too. :)

We're currently working on the next patch for the game, which will include a fully revamped "elite 4" to fight before the Champion, improvements for various trainers in the overworld, some cool new items, and some new characters too. It should make a replay fun when it comes out. You can join our discord if you want to keep tabs on it.

http404error

Perish Song has been updated to version 1.3.
  • New foes have entered the Champion's Throne and some of the Duelists have become fiercer foes.
  • In the Shadow Cards quest, a certain bone-white item has been buffed to give you better results. Some rewards were changed also. Foes will now wise up about betting against you after a while.
  • Lots of trainer name and dialogue improvements, mostly in Boiling Sands and the Lounge. There were some bugs causing dialogue to be missed in some cases.
  • Points of interest are visually marked on the map now.
  • Some foe movesets and abilities were improved.
  • Added a teleporter to one of the rest areas which takes you back faster. Prevented getting stuck in this area due to HM nonsense (I hope).
  • A certain secret pokemon's powerful ability/item combination has had its effectiveness reduced. (2x -> 1.1x)
  • Mimikyu no longer takes damage when its Disguise is broken. (like in Gen 7)
  • TMs are numbered in a more sensible way now.
  • Lounge potions work properly now. Some potion prices were raised to bring them more in line with each other.
  • Removed Lightning Shepherd from Deepwood. You'll need to go to Farmland instead.
  • Air Balloons are now obtainable in the late game.
  • Improved visuals on a Ditto interaction.

Aurora

Trainer
This game seems dark,I am thinking to play it. Is there a chance to make an update even a small with an unknown world or something? I saw a comment.

http404error

This game seems dark,I am thinking to play it. Is there a chance to make an update even a small with an unknown world or something? I saw a comment.
I was being a little cryptic to avoid spoiling the ending of the game. The short answer is no, there will not be such an update. It wouldn't fit in the story.

However, as you might have seen, the 1.2 patch did add some things relevant to what I was talking about at that time.

GearBreak

Rookie
The last battle after the champion is too hard!
Screenshot (3).png

I have no idea what types and what stats the errors are. I give up. Missingno is a menace. I want to know the true ending but I'm tired of retrying. If anyone ends up discovering the true ending, I'd be grateful if you'd spoil me.

Back