• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Rosen Version

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
Pokémon-Rosen.gif

A rogue A.I. causing havoc in a simulated world... the Shadows in the code will be brought into the light...
Access our Discord here: Dream Net
Download the game here: Alyssia ZERO
#==============================#
Made using RPG Maker XP // Pokémon Essentials V19.1
#===============================#

Hello all! I'm the Lead Developer of Pokémon Rosen, known online as Valiant. I hope you enjoy this full dive into the simulated world of Alyssia!

#===================#
Pokémon Rosen Version
#===================#
Welcome to Alyssia ZERO Server...

The year is 2122, and the technology giant Cyber has recently released it's new product: an immersive deep dive system into a world long forgotten by modern culture: the World of Pokémon! At the behest of the Cyber CEO's child the long forgotten franchise was reawoken from the history books and recreated in virtual reality. Not content with simply repeating the past, the team behind this monumental effort created a whole new region, Alyssia! Within it, our dedicated team have created an immersive and dynamic story for you to explore, and introduced a new variant of Pokemon to the A.I-driven populace, the Rosen-formes. Lately, it seems that there have been errors with our program, and NPC's are not behaving as we have come to expect.

#===================#
The Story so far...
#===================#

RISINGSTAR_Reina.png
RISINGSTAR_Valian.png

You are the child of the CEO of Cyber, the worlds largest technology conglomerate. At your behest, Pokémon, a long dead franchise, has been revived in the form of an immersive reality simulation that utilises a player's dreams to create realistic experiences and sensations. On the launch day of this project, you are the first to test the system but something unforeseen goes wrong - the systems designed to protect you do not, and the failsafes are disabled, sending you spiralling into a test server known as Alyssia ZERO with no memories or recollections on where you came from.

PROFESSOR.png
PROFESSORMAYBE.png

Your journey begins at the behest of Professor Oak who believes they have used strange technology to bring you through to this world, when he tells you that Rosen Forme Pokémon come from the same world that you do, and that his colleague, an expert on them, has gone missing. He wishes to see your effect on the world around you, as these Pokémon have been wreaking devastating changes on various ecosystems around the region.

Team Null.png

On your quest, you will encounter the mysterious Team Null who claim to know the reality around them is not quite what it seems, and wish to reduce that world to nothing, to Null... you will not fight them alone however, as oddly familiar figures from a life you no longer remember begin to appear to guide you through an ever changing world within which, you do not truly belong.

Shadow Pokémon however have resurfaced alongside this evil. Will you and your allies be able to overcome this growing darkness?
MUNCHLAX_shadow.png
SIZZLIPEDE_shadow.png
TRUBBISH_1_shadow.png

#===================#
Release Date
#===================#
After years of work behind the scenes,
and after months with the dream team, Pokemon Rosen is almost ready for the release of Episode #1 of its epic adventure. In March, the second ever annual Eevee Expo will launch, and with it our trailer will debut! On the very same day, the game will be released to the public. Please do visit our Discord and join our ever blossoming community in the meantime to make sure you don't miss a thing - as we reveal everything there first!

vsTrainer_RISINGSTAR_Valian.png

Valian.png
Reina.png
vsTrainer_RISINGSTAR_Reina.png

Mareep - Rosen Forme.png
Porygon - Rosen Forme.png
Solosis (New) - Rosen Forme.png

vsTrainer_TRAINER_Leigh.png

o 147+ new Rosen Formes
o A unique OST with original songs by Dingerfish and Doomdegree25!
o A complete National Dex at the release of the final Episode!
o Rebalanced Pokémon Types and Abilities!
o Shadow Pokémon make a terrifying return! They take on a new shadowy apperarance!
o 15+ hours of story content in Episode 1 alone
o A dynamic questing system with many side quests in each locale
o 100 Golden Spinarak to find for a family in need...
o Custom sprites for many important NPC's
o PokeTriad World Championship an optional plot point
o Unlockable Move Relearner akin to Legends Arceus
o Custom shiny sprites for many classic Pokemon
o Strange Lost Rifts that contain fragments of another world...
o Rebattle enhanced copies of trainers in the Proto Gym for unique rewards...
o HM Items to remove the need for HM's entirely
o Use Nature Therapy to alter your Pokémon's nature!
o Reach the Conservation Centre to EV Train and reset with ease!
o Challenging battles where key NPC's try to overwhelm with tactics
o A world that changes and encourages revisiting old locales

vsTrainer_COORDINATOR_Hughes.png

vsTrainer_LEADER_Adrian.png

==========================================
# MAIN TEAM #

Lead Developer - ValiantGamer
Concept Art - ali760, Salty, StarWolff
Spriting - ali760, Salty, StarWolff
Sound Design - Doom, DingerFish
Video Editing - DingerFish
Scripting - Nine
Playtesting - TheFuzzz, ToastDawg, CinderArts

Extra Contributions - Avery, SomeAllay, PizzaTaco, pixelated, ButNotBecauseWereGay, BunDuck, LauraB

# CORE CREDITS #

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Tilesets and Resources shared by:
The Reborn Team

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

# COMMISSIONS #

Kajiatsui - Fiverr - Spriting
Nephelibatha - Fiverr - Spriting
nelsinios - Fiverr - Concept Art
ejayfernandez - Fiverr - Spriting
rinkka - Fiverr - Spriting
jovandesir - Fiverr - Spriting
falahaato - Fiverr - Null Logo

# PLUGINS #

Shadow Radar
Nine

Gen VIII Item Descriptions UI
Boondeez

BW Party Screen
DeepBlue PacificWaves,Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User

BW Pokedex
DeepBlue PacificWaves, NettoHikari, Xtreme1992

BW Summary Screen
DeepBlue PacificWaves, Tommaniacal, Lucidious89, Weibrot, Kobi2604, Dirkriptide, Ploaj, Mr. Gela, Shashu-Greninja, Golisopod User

BW Text Entry
Shashu-Greninja,DeepBlue PacificWaves,Erassus

Encounter List UI
ThatWelshOne_,raZ,Marin,Maruno,Nuri Yuri,PurpleZaffre,Savordez,Vendily

Item Find Descriptions
Boonzeet

Name Windows Script
Mr.Gela

Advanced Item Field Moves
Bergium, Moyo, Marin

Set Party to Lv50 Script
NettoHikari

Fame Checker
Domx9200

BerryPots
Caruban

Marin's Enhanced Staircases
Marin

Arceus VIII Expansion
PorousMist, StCooler, curryofthepast

Nickname from the Party
TechSkylander

Modern Quest System
ThatWelshOne_,mej71,derFischae,Marin

Voltseon's Pause Menu
Voltseon, Golisopod User, ENLS

Modular Title Screen
Luka S.J.

Luka's Scripting Utillities
Luka S.J.

Better Bitmaps [Installed but unused]
Maruno

V19.1 Hotfixes
Maruno

# GEN VIII BACKSPRITES #
leparagon - Original artwork and resource

Z-nogyroP, French-Cyndaquil - Unspecified contribuition and resizing on the original sprite sheet.

Prodigal96 - GMAX Eevee and Lapras Backsprites

Smogon Gen 8 Sprite Project - Reference

VanillaSunshine - For the original idea. Check her Gen 6 and 7 packs with the same format.

TheLuiz - Formatting back sprites for use with Pokémon Essentials.

TPick2211 - Hisuian Backsprites, commissioned by offered for use with the community, Pokemon Acceptance.

Gen 8 Back Sprites by:
leparagon
Z-nogyroP
French-Cyndaquil
Prodigal96
TheLuiz

# EKATS PUBLIC TILESETS #
1. Ekat
2. Heartless Dragoon
3. Morlockhater
4. Nemu
5. Ross Hawkins
6. Pokemon Dawn
7. Slimshady
8. Thedeadheroalistar
9. The-Red-Ex
10. Vurtax
11. Zein
12. Redblueyellow
13. Fabnt
14. War8
15. Dragoon
16. Silverdeoxys563
17. SteamyJ
18. Anonalpaca
19. Pokémon Rejuvenation
20. Puggsoy
21. Aveontrainer
22. Idillio
23. Dasani
24. Shyin

=========================================================
# FRLG STYLE MEGA PACK #

Maribel Hearn and Renko Usami sprites courtesy of Hemoglobin_A1C (Playable Characters in Touhoumon fangames).
HGSS OWs in FR Style courtesy of Delta231, Mimi, M.vit, and Kimoras."
Accurate" Fire Red Overworld Sprite ResourceAvatar: Psychic (Male), Rich Boy, Cue Ball (Dismounted)
Aveontrainer: Lass, a lot of bases for Emerald's Overworld Sprites
Daman: Professor Ivy, Professor Ivy's Assistant
Kalarie: Aroma Lady, Blackbelt, Burglar, Crush Girl, Dragon Tamer, Engineer, Juggler, Lady, Pokémon Breeder, Psychic (Female), Rocker, Tamer, Twin, Young Couple, All Anime Sprites
MrDollSteak: Cue Ball, Cue Ball (Dismounted), Painter, PokéManiac, Pokémon Ranger (Male), Pokémon Ranger (Female)
Pokésho: Various First Frames of Anime Overworld Sprites
Spherical Ice: Biker (Dismounted), Bird Keeper, Expert (Male), Expert (Female), Kindler, Ruin Maniac
FRLG Pokédude Backsprite Ripped by Tsuka
Koiking Player Sprites courtesy of pixiv
FRLG Style RSE NPCs, ORAS Brendan and May courtesy of Poffin_Case
Gen 4 and 5 Trainer sprites and PBS Courtesy of Mr. Gela/theo#7722
FRLG Cynthia, Hilbert, Hilda, Ethan and Lyra Sprites courtesy of Pokésho, Marnic, Reign, and KisiroKitsune
TR Grunt courtesy of Othienka
Brendan and May Extra Sprites courtesy of GreenWithAwesome / 15avaughn
HGSS Ethan and Lyra Back Sprites 0.2; Ripped by Tsuka from Spriters Resource. Original graphics by Game Freak. Formatted by Ozander.
PUBLIC OrAs Protagonists GBA Back and Front Sprites by Solo993; Additional Front Sprites by hyo-oppa

# GEN 8 ANIMATION PROJECTS #

Project lead by StCooler.
Contributors: StCooler, DarryBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer, riddlemeree.
Thanks to the Reborn team for letting people use their resources. You are awesome.
Thanks to BellBlitzKing for his Pokemon Sound Effects Pack: Gen 1 to Gen 7 - All Attacks SFX.

# Any Extra Resources #

Gen 3 Exterior Tiles
Heartlessdragoon

Gen 3 Interior Tiles
Heartlessdragoon

Type Icons
BiggusWeebus, VentZX, Lichenprincess

Lava Autotiles
Derxwna Kapsyla

Train Station Tiles 01
J-Treeko52

Train Station Tiles
Ekat99

Eterna Forest Remix
SkittlesBeats

Autumn Tiles
KodaKodama

Scent Sprites
Tristantine The Great

Fuecoco Sprite
PokeJminer, TheyMadeMeMakeThisAc

Nurse Sprite
PokeJosh

Last edited:

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
As an extra note, please do join the Discord if you have any questions or issues! I only really pop on here to post updates as of late and I don't want anyone to think I'm ignoring them :]

godfather

Rookie
So the game stucks when we try to get back to advent glade, after the battle with hyden it seems like the player wants to move aside to let hyden pass but it's getting stuck and then nothing happens, seems like it's a bug.

Last edited:

Zardae

Novice
Yes it is, if you join the discord someone surely can send you a fixed map data!

nachiket03104

Rookie
As soon as I defeated leyya i got an error - Script 'SaveData' line 28: EOFError occured end of file reached. I also cannot find where my save file is can anyone tell me where the save location is as well?

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
Come and see what we've been up to with development lately on our Discord! We've just released our second Developer Log tracking progress for the eventual release of Episode 2!

Rosen Developer Log

Alternatively, we now have socials active so you can follow our progress in whichever way is easiest for you all.

Twitter, Instagram, Reddit

Also, a reminder that if you do encounter any bugs, report them on the Discord (not the Relic Castle) so we can fix them for Episode 2. I won't be rolling out any more updates for Episode 1 as I'm hard at work setting the stage for future installments, but anything you notice may be very important for that eventuality.

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
We have just started our latest Community Event! This time our theme? Design a Rotom that fits in with Alyssian life!

If you want your ideas represented in Pokémon Rosen, Community Events (and Discord participation) are definitely the best way of doing so.
The winning idea gets you featured in the game as an NPC, your Rotom being added, and 1 month of Discord Nitro!

We look forwards to seeing your participation in our fourth ever Community Event :]

Last edited:

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
Scraggy-1.png

Here it is everyone, our latest reveal for Episode 2! It's not the only one either. Please do head on over to our Discord server (linked above) and join in with our pre-release hype :]

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
Tinkatink-1.png

Next up for our Episode 2 reveals... Tinkatink, the Techie Pokémon! It's only one of many that have been produced lately.

In other news, we're beginning our next Community Event on the 14th September; do you have any ideas you want to see in the game? Then come show off your creativity, and earn your spot in our credits!

All this and more happening on the Discord linked here: Alyssia ZERO Server

tyranitar.dark

Rookie
Hello, I experience Laq only when outdoors or cave, when I press F2 to bring up the FPS it becomes low 35-18.

But when indoors, the battle FPS returns to normal, I have tried using the task manager (I found a tutorial on the internet by deselecting the core and selecting only 1 core) but to no avail. Please help.

I use Windows 10

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
Hello, I experience Laq only when outdoors or cave, when I press F2 to bring up the FPS it becomes low 35-18.

But when indoors, the battle FPS returns to normal, I have tried using the task manager (I found a tutorial on the internet by deselecting the core and selecting only 1 core) but to no avail. Please help.

I use Windows 10
Hey there, Lead Developer here. I'm sorry you're experiencing lag in certain areas; there isn't really a fix I can suggest though, I'm afraid. I don't have a high performing PC, but I can still run the game without any noticeable frame drops, so I'm not sure what advice to suggest.

When I had a PC with lower specs back in the day, I used CheatEngine as a workaround. It has a function that multiplies the speed on games (like speed-up on Emulators). It's not in-built, but it'll alleviate your issues for sure!

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
Halloween_Reveal.gif

Happy Spoopy Season everyone!

Our next astounding Episode 2 reveal?

In places where near water where children often play, old folk warn them about the Pokémon that will drag them down to a grave in the depths. As the laughter of the child by the waterside abruptly ends, the elders shake there heads and shamble on to warn the next group of youths of the same...

Come find out more about our new Mudbray line on our Discord linked here: Alyssia ZERO Server!

tyranitar.dark

Rookie
Hey there, Lead Developer here. I'm sorry you're experiencing lag in certain areas; there isn't really a fix I can suggest though, I'm afraid. I don't have a high performing PC, but I can still run the game without any noticeable frame drops, so I'm not sure what advice to suggest.

When I had a PC with lower specs back in the day, I used CheatEngine as a workaround. It has a function that multiplies the speed on games (like speed-up on Emulators). It's not in-built, but it'll alleviate your issues for sure!
Hmm, I've done what you suggested, but the more I increase the speed using the cheat engine the FPS gets and even reaches 15-19, but this is only outdoors and caves when I enter the house/gym/pokemon center or battle FPS returns to normal 58-60. :(

I have even changed to a low spec device which still uses Windows 7 but to no avail. :(

Here I use "Easy Mode". Maybe this is a bug in Easy Mode, maybe I'll wait for the next release to play Pokemon Rosen. :(

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
Hmm, I've done what you suggested, but the more I increase the speed using the cheat engine the FPS gets and even reaches 15-19, but this is only outdoors and caves when I enter the house/gym/pokemon center or battle FPS returns to normal 58-60. :(

I have even changed to a low spec device which still uses Windows 7 but to no avail. :(

Here I use "Easy Mode". Maybe this is a bug in Easy Mode, maybe I'll wait for the next release to play Pokemon Rosen. :(
Sorry to say it my friend, but there isn't a bug. If there was it would be more widespread reported. We've never had lag reports from playtesting. Sadly it's not something I can fix on my end!

A lower-spec device certainly won't help either. I wish I could offer better advice :[

Back